Power Locks - 1996 T&C

Soccer Dad

Aug 27, 2005, 12:39:23 PM8/27/05

I have seen a good number of posts in the newsgroup regarding problems
with power locks, but not a lot of solutions.

Maybe I can ask the group about the problem with my locks.

1. The electric locks work perfect from all inside lock switches.
2. The "un lock all the locks feature" works perfect from the tail gate
lock
3. From either driver or passenger door when the key is turn to unlock
the door, the locks usually unlock and then re-lock immediattly.
4. The keyless fob does nothing - I am not sure it is the right one.
It has not worked since I bought the van.

5. Battery is new (there were some references to low batteries).

So, is this a solvable problem? Can I disable the power locks and
revert to manual locks?

Thanks

Gord

maxpower

Aug 27, 2005, 3:08:39 PM8/27/05

"Soccer Dad" <gmcfad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You have to replace the disarm switches inside the front doors to get rid of
the problem with the doors locking themselves.
As far as the key fob thingy goes, you gotta start with making sure that
remote is for your vehicle.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech