1996 T&C Power Door Lock System

Jug

Dec 2, 2004, 1:41:35 PM12/2/04
Hello all-

Hope you can help with my problem. My 96 Town & Country Door locks
work fine with the remote key fob. They work fine with the interior
switches. When I use the lock cylinder on either front door, they
re-lock themselves. I often try 3-to-5 times before they will stay
unlocked & allow me to enter the vehicle. This only happens with the
front doors. When I unlock with the key @ the liftgate, they function
normally. Any ideas, or is this going to cause me a trip to the
dealer??

Thanks-
Jug

RPhillips47

Dec 2, 2004, 2:06:12 PM12/2/04
"Jug" wrote:

This happened with my '96 T&C after I replaced the left outside door handle.
When the fuel module finally bit the dust and it was at my dealer I mentioned
this to my service writer. Turned out to be a faulty disarm switch, FP Number
4687619-AB - Switch DO 8053002 - Cost $28.03, Labor $147.75, Sub-Total $175.78,
minus discount $17.58, for a total of $158.20. Hope this helps.
RP

maxpower

Dec 2, 2004, 3:27:00 PM12/2/04
yup, thats a common problem with thoses switches,
"Jug" <get2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jug

Dec 2, 2004, 11:32:19 PM12/2/04
Thanks for the info--
Anyone have more info on this switch? Is it something that is in each
door, under the dash or??? I'm sure I could change it out myself if
it doesnt require any type of "programming" equipment. This group
rocks!!
Eric

maxpower

Dec 3, 2004, 3:45:02 PM12/3/04
They are attached to each door lock cylinder, the door panels have to be
removed to access them

davets

Aug 18, 2005, 11:17:52 AM8/18/05
Where is this switch located?