Intrepid rear weatherstripping

1 view

Art

Mar 24, 2005, 10:06:24 PM3/24/05
A friend bought a nice looking Intrepid probably a 2000. Anyway the
weatherstripping around both rear door openings fell out. Haven't seen
anything like that with my 99 300M. I tried working it back in but seemed
like it had shrunk. Anyone run into this?

Greg Houston

Mar 24, 2005, 10:20:00 PM3/24/05
Art wrote:

I recall seeing that problem being discussed on
http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums I don't have any details handy but you might
want to look there for more info. I haven't experienced it, but it seemed to
be a common problem. Perhaps it is more of a problem if the car is outside in
the hot sun a lot.

maxpower

Mar 25, 2005, 4:25:02 AM3/25/05

"Art" <begunaNOS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Yes it is common, there has been a TSB out for awhile now, I cant see how
that will turn into a recall as no safety issues are involved. Unless of
course exhaust fumes could into the cabin area

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Bill Putney

Mar 25, 2005, 6:35:33 AM3/25/05
Greg Houston wrote:

It has also been a common problem on the M's on the front doors, though
my '99 Concorde (same doors - except some of the trim comes molded to
match interior color - perhaps that's the difference?) has never had the
problem.

Besides DI.net that Greg mentions, you might check out the 'Black Trim
and Wetherstripping' forum on the 300M Enthusiasts Club forums
(http://300mclub.100megs42.com/forums/index.php). Pretty much that
whole forum has been on the subject, though not many recent threads
because the subject's been pretty much beat to death. Because the
weatherstripping is so expensive (if, say, you need to do all four
doors) the solution that seems popular is to buy one door's worth of
weatherstripping, remove the threshold, slide the ends of the
weatherstrip apart, fill in the gap with a piece cut from the new piece,
and re-install the threshold.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Steve

Mar 25, 2005, 7:17:21 PM3/25/05
It happened on the back door of my 2004 300m. I can't get it back in, it's
like it is too short.

Joe Pfeiffer

Mar 25, 2005, 9:42:42 PM3/25/05
(top-posting fixed)

"Steve" <steve...@hotmail.com> writes:
> "Art" <begunaNOS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >A friend bought a nice looking Intrepid probably a 2000. Anyway the
> >weatherstripping around both rear door openings fell out. Haven't seen
> >anything like that with my 99 300M. I tried working it back in but seemed
> >like it had shrunk. Anyone run into this?
> >
> It happened on the back door of my 2004 300m. I can't get it back in, it's
> like it is too short.

I've got the same problem with my wife's 2000 Intrepid R/T. I "sorta" put it
back up (like you say, it's like it's too short) every few weeks. Not
a serious problem, but annoying.

Bill Putney

Mar 25, 2005, 9:20:38 PM3/25/05
Steve wrote:

Yes - the door gasket on the M's and other LH's has a tendendency to
shrink and pull away from the frame leaving air gaps. Read my earlier
reply for pointers to further reading, and a popular (money-saving but
effective) solution for the problem.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')