best tire for 4-dr 2001 accord LX

1 view

ap

Oct 25, 2005, 4:47:59 PM10/25/05
Hello,
I've got a set of GoodYear Viva Touring tires
on all 4 wheels right now. There is
only 6/32 left on the tread.

What is the best type of year-round tires for this car
that would also give good traction in rainy
and the occasional icy (black ice) roads.

here in the southeast it doesn't snow much, just
occasionally, but there are patches on black ice
in the early AM.

Thanks for any info!

Floyd Rogers

Oct 25, 2005, 5:36:19 PM10/25/05
"ap" <cor...@ragingbull.com> wrote
> What is the best type of year-round tires for this car
> that would also give good traction in rainy
> and the occasional icy (black ice) roads.
>
> here in the southeast it doesn't snow much, just
> occasionally, but there are patches on black ice
> in the early AM.

Nothing but a specialty snow tire (Blizzaks, Alpines, Nokkia) or
studded snow tire will help on black ice. Ignore it as a requirement
(if you want a year round tire) and buy a good all-season like
Michelin MX4/MXV4, Continental Contact, etc.
Check tirerack.com for comparisons and reviews.

FloydR

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Oct 25, 2005, 11:18:52 PM10/25/05

6/32 inch is plenty of tread if you drive slow. My tars have been
bald for two years. Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and
everythings cool - as long as you drive slow and sensible.

Xeton is a loser

Oct 25, 2005, 11:52:47 PM10/25/05

Does your stupidity know ANY bounds, faggot?

Garth Almgren

Oct 25, 2005, 11:55:12 PM10/25/05
Around 10/25/2005 8:18 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> 6/32 inch is plenty of tread if you drive slow. My tars have been
> bald for two years. Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and
> everythings cool - as long as you drive slow and sensible.

I'm not even touching this one... Who knew Judy could parody himself?

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity

Ted Kennedy - Capital Murder

Oct 26, 2005, 12:47:22 AM10/26/05
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE <xeto...@yahoo.com> said the following
in rec.autos.driving...

> 6/32 inch is plenty of tread if you drive slow. My tars have been
> bald for two years. Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and
> everythings cool - as long as you drive slow and sensible.

Just like ted kennedy?

Paul.

Oct 26, 2005, 1:02:41 AM10/26/05
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:18:52 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
<xeto...@yahoo.com> said the following in rec.autos.driving...

> My tars have been bald for two years. Every month i glue some
> sandpaper to them and everythings cool

Hey, dwpjr: another one for the lits...

--

"My tars have been bald for two years.
Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and

everythings cool."

--Laura Buch murdered her boyfriend
/ laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE 10/25/05

Message ID: s2ttl1tgnpq5pr6p4...@4ax.com
http://tinyurl.com/7p7xq

Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy

Oct 26, 2005, 1:18:59 AM10/26/05
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:02:41 -0400, Paul.
<Do_not_reply_here@reply_thru_the_group.org> was understood to have
stated the following:

>Hey, dwpjr: another one for the lits...

Thanks again for not letting one slip by; this time I beat you to the
punch, though. Was updating the new lits after my last post from work;
here's the `advice from the tar safety expert' portion of the lits;
looks like I'm going to have to put all these nuggets in a database:

My tars have been bald for two years. Every month i glue some

sandpaper to them and everythings cool - as long as you drive slow and
sensible.
: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/d0d9405ce0464706?hl=en&

If you speed loons would just slow down we wouldn't have a problem.
drive them until the holes get too big for that tire-in-a-can stuff to
work. Then do what I do and go to pep boys and get a set of used
retreads for $50 and repeat.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/dbe7ec33863c0fc4?hl=en

Tires don't blow out anymore.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/9a619fee7f463fc2

At first i thought the tars had been slashed but no, the tars were
fine
: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&edition=us&selm=780ea958.0410311926.d89b941%40posting.google.com

Just get in front of the trucker and lob a handful or marbles at his
windshield. Perfectly legal since he started it.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/acf43f4e647f4416?hl=en&

I wish everyone involved in this "accident" had died.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/5f4bfd6988914951?hl=en

I don't care who i kill; it's just an accident.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/79da070478765cee

Driving twenty year old beaters doesn't keep me up to date. Anyway
it's a stupid idea.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/ff331395cfc7b81b?hl=en

Screw driver training and courtesy.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/d4aaae4439d8c383

Even a safety nut like me doesn't carry things that far.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/c24964a9d26bba6d?hl=en&

You are a COMPLETE EMMEFFING MORON with no physical intuition at all.
: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/5506a386f2fb4da9?hl=en&

If you love cars then you love speeding and reckless driving and that
means you love killing and maiming children.
: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/f1e9f5e4c1382edb?hl=en&

Tailgaters are members of NAMCLA. Don't crowd me or you will DIE!!!!
: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/2649446b854b9b07?hl=en&

Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy

Oct 26, 2005, 1:19:08 AM10/26/05
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:55:12 -0700, Garth Almgren <nos...@v6stang.com>

was understood to have stated the following:

>Around 10/25/2005 8:18 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)

Edith Sitwell, whoever that is/was, must know Judy well. :-D

Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy

Oct 26, 2005, 1:19:29 AM10/26/05
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:18:52 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
<xeto...@yahoo.com> was understood to have stated the following:

>6/32 inch is plenty of tread if you drive slow. My tars have been
>bald for two years. Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and
>everythings cool - as long as you drive slow and sensible.

BTW retard, thanks for the new addition to the lits.