Car Insurance

jn...@kent.ac.uk

Dec 10, 2005, 3:27:03 AM12/10/05
Im an 18yr old male driver with one years no claims, does anyone know
of any insurance companies that i will be able to get cover for my car
on a monthly basis. As a student i do not need me car term time however
would like it for the christmas break.

Many Thank,
James

Furious George

Dec 10, 2005, 11:04:54 AM12/10/05

If all you need it for is Christmas, wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a
car and driver. Let the driver worry about the fucking insurance.

> Many Thank,
> James

Pooh Bear

Dec 10, 2005, 2:27:19 PM12/10/05

jn...@kent.ac.uk wrote:

> Im an 18yr old male driver with one years no claims, does anyone know
> of any insurance companies that i will be able to get cover for my car
> on a monthly basis.

No.

> As a student i do not need me car term time however
> would like it for the christmas break.

Insurance companies like regular business. If you need a car you might as
well use it all year round. You might care to consider insuring a group 1
vehicle just to built up some no-claims that'll save you lots of money when
you advance to something better.

Graham

Shawn Hirn

Dec 11, 2005, 9:15:06 AM12/11/05
jn...@kent.ac.uk wrote:

Without knowing where in the world you live, its hard to make a
recommendation. Try doing a google search or asking an independent
insurance agent if he or she can make a recommendation.

Shawn Hirn

Dec 11, 2005, 9:16:20 AM12/11/05
"Furious George" <bugm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Or just rent a car from any of the major rental agencies and sign up for
the agency's liability insurance.

Matthew Russotto

Dec 11, 2005, 10:48:13 AM12/11/05
In article <srhi-971307.0...@news.giganews.com>,

None of the majors will rent to an 18 year old.

result in a fully-depreciated one.

Furious George

Dec 11, 2005, 8:35:09 PM12/11/05

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article <srhi-971307.0...@news.giganews.com>,
> Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >In article <1134230694.6...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

> >> If all you need it for is Christmas, wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a
> >> car and driver. Let the driver worry about the fucking insurance.
> >
> >Or just rent a car from any of the major rental agencies and sign up for
> >the agency's liability insurance.
>
> None of the majors will rent to an 18 year old.

That's why I suggested hiring a car and driver. The per mile charge
will be ridiculously high. However, the per year expense would be
cheaper than owning, parking, and insuring a beater just so you have a
car on Christmas. Plus you get chauffered around in a decent ride.