93 Year Old Kills Man, Drives 3 Miles With Body Through Windshield

Dave

Oct 20, 2005, 7:59:48 PM10/20/05
http://stpetersburgtimes.com/2005/10/20/Tampabay/Driver_goes_3_miles_w.shtml

ST. PETERSBURG - A 94-year-old motorist struck and killed a pedestrian
Wednesday evening, then drove about 3 miles with the body lodged in the
windshield until he was stopped at a Sunshine Skyway tollbooth.

The driver told officers he thought the body had fallen from the sky,
said St. Petersburg police Officer Mike Jockers.

"He had no idea he had been involved in an accident," Jockers said. "He
doesn't totally understand what happened."

The crash occurred about 8:30 p.m. when the 52-year-old pedestrian
attempted to cross 34th Street S from east to west near 46th Avenue S,
witnesses told police.

The pedestrian made it across two of the southbound lanes before he was
hit by a 2002 Chevy Malibu, which was traveling about 45 mph, police
said.

The impact severed the pedestrian's lower right leg, which remained in
the street. His head and arms went through the windshield, while the
rest of his body flipped up onto the roof of the car, Jockers said.

"The driver continued southbound, as the eyewitness said, like nothing
happened," Jockers said.

As the car approached the toll plaza, the toll taker thought it was a
prank, until he saw the blood.

When the driver stopped, the body fell into the car, Jockers said.

A veteran traffic investigator, Jockers said it was one of the most
gruesome scenes he has worked.

The driver was taken to Bayfront Medical Center for evaluation.

He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared unaware that
he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said.

--------

Again, "He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared
unaware that he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said."
Discuss.

Dave

ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com

Oct 20, 2005, 9:05:38 PM10/20/05

You think a state of non-awareness might be why Tubby Kennedy didn't
try to get help for Mary Jo?

Dave

Oct 20, 2005, 10:30:13 PM10/20/05

ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

> > Again, "He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared
> > unaware that he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said."
> > Discuss.
>
> You think a state of non-awareness might be why Tubby Kennedy didn't
> try to get help for Mary Jo?

If this is the end of it, I wonder how long till some junkie uses this
as an excuse for running someone down?

Since the person who he maimed and killed was living in a hotel and
eating at McD's, and/or because he's old and clueless, it's okay for
him to run people down? Or in your example, since he's a Senator we
can let it slide?

It's not that I hate Ted Kennedy either, I just think he's evil for
letting someone die (from the accounts I've heard).

Dave

Brent P

Oct 20, 2005, 11:48:53 PM10/20/05

> He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared unaware that
> he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said.
>
> --------
>
> Again, "He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared
> unaware that he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said."
> Discuss.

It's legal to drive unaware in the USA.

It's illegal to drive faster than some abritary numerical speed limit.

That's why.

Revenue and government power is more important than safety.

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Oct 21, 2005, 12:17:49 AM10/21/05

Dave wrote:
> http://stpetersburgtimes.com/2005/10/20/Tampabay/Driver_goes_3_miles_w.shtml
>
> ST. PETERSBURG - A 94-year-old motorist struck and killed a pedestrian
> Wednesday evening, then drove about 3 miles with the body lodged in the
> windshield until he was stopped at a Sunshine Skyway tollbooth.

So what? It was an accident. Using your car to kill someone doesn't
really count.

DanaPointe

Oct 21, 2005, 12:23:51 AM10/21/05
Those 94-year-old eyes probably didn't see him hanging there in the
windshield.

Dave

Oct 21, 2005, 12:45:50 AM10/21/05

You've really changed your tune since we started calling you on 41 in a
25.

Don't run over any kids on the way to the parking lot.

Dave

The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

Oct 21, 2005, 1:00:46 AM10/21/05
<ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com>:

> You think a state of non-awareness might be why Tubby Kennedy didn't
> try to get help for Mary Jo?

I thought that tubby was drunk off his ass??

The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

Oct 21, 2005, 1:02:37 AM10/21/05
Brent P:

> It's legal to drive unaware in the USA.

As evidenced by Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend being allowed to drive.

> It's illegal to drive faster than some abritary numerical speed limit.

Yep, that's what judy spouts.

> Revenue and government power is more important than safety.

AMEN to THAT!

The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

Oct 21, 2005, 1:06:21 AM10/21/05
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend:

> So what? It was an accident. Using your car to kill someone doesn't
> really count.

You bastardized piece of shit! You mean it was an accident like it was on
the night you were conceived, on the floor of a motel 6 in crotch rot,
colorado, you fucking moron?

Furious George

Oct 21, 2005, 7:26:58 AM10/21/05

In Dick Cheney's America, the prisons are overfull of people arrested
for exercising their Constitutional rights. There simply isn't any
room for murderers.

But it's OK, because it was an accident.

Scott en Aztlán

Oct 21, 2005, 10:20:13 AM10/21/05
On 20 Oct 2005 16:59:48 -0700, "Dave" <david...@gmail.com> wrote:

>He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared unaware that
>he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said.
>
>--------
>
>Again, "He will probably not face criminal charges, as he appeared
>unaware that he had been involved in an accident, Jockers said."
>Discuss.

As long as his license is revoked permanently and he is locked away in
a mental institution for the rest of his life, that's fine by me.

Pooh Bear

Oct 21, 2005, 12:05:19 PM10/21/05

ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

" the alcohol did it officer "

Graham

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Oct 21, 2005, 12:12:54 PM10/21/05

Furious George wrote:

> But it's OK, because it was an accident.

Of course. No matter how crazy and reckless you're driving, if you
kill someone with your car it's always an accident and never a crime.

Jim Yanik

Oct 21, 2005, 11:55:26 AM10/21/05
"Dave" <david...@gmail.com> wrote in

> http://stpetersburgtimes.com/2005/10/20/Tampabay/Driver_goes_3_miles_w.
> shtml

If he's that unaware,he should not BE driving.
Being that unaware is a criminal act itself,IMO.
He definitely should be charged.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

TedKennedyMurderedHisP...@spamgourmet.com

Oct 21, 2005, 3:11:21 PM10/21/05

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

So sayeth Tubby Kennedy.

TedKennedyMurderedHisP...@spamgourmet.com

Oct 21, 2005, 3:22:38 PM10/21/05

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

So says your hero Ted Kennedy.

DTJ

Oct 21, 2005, 5:34:51 PM10/21/05
On 21 Oct 2005 04:26:58 -0700, "Furious George" <bugm...@hotmail.com>
wrote nothing intelligent:

Do you mind if I have your daughter blow me after I fuck her ass? I
mean, it isn't sex, so you probably don't care.

ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com

Oct 21, 2005, 5:48:38 PM10/21/05

It *really* ought to be illegal for crack whores to provide discount
rates for group sessions; that might cut down on the number of retards
like Aunt Judy being born.

ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com

Oct 21, 2005, 5:50:48 PM10/21/05

The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade wrote:

I thought "kennedy" was synonomous with "drunkard, adulterer, and
rapist." Of course, the best synonym for "kennedy" is "dead."

Ad absurdum per aspera

Oct 22, 2005, 11:31:35 PM10/22/05
> The driver told officers he thought the body had fallen
> from the sky

Even if hitting the pedestrian per se turns out to have been just a
tragic accident that was the pedestrian's fault,* continuing on three
miles sounds like hit and run to me. If you wanted to prosecute him,
that might be the charge.

I think it would be safe to further posit that driving around with most
of a dead guy on or stickin' through your windshield is prima facie
indication that the presence of mind needed to drive a car is no longer
with you, regardless of whether it was your fault that the deceased
came to be in that position.

I'm sure it will incite, if not necessarily enlighten, another round of
the ever more important debate over how to determine when it's time for
an individual old person to stop driving.

> Again, "He will probably not face criminal charges, as
> he appeared unaware that he had been involved in an
> accident, Jockers said." Discuss.

I'm sure Law and Order or suchlike will take you up on the offer before
long. There is a philosophical question about what good would be
served by charging what seems to be a somewhat wandering-minded person
of extreme age after an apparent accident with no evident malice or
intent or arguably even negligence.

What would society or any person learn or gain from his prosecution?

It's possible that they may have to charge him with a crime or at least
a major infraction just to have some legal pretext for revoking his
license, if he doesn't voluntarily surrender it; dunno about that.

--Joe

* I don't see much about the exact situation and the pedestrian's
behavior. Investigators may well choose to look into all this before
the DA's office draws conclusions about the disposition of the case.
Conceivably the guy came out of nowhere and none of us could have
reacted in time. However, I daresay we'd all stop, render aid, and
call the authorities, rather than proceeding unaware of (or at least in
a deep fugue state from) the presence of a dead person in the
windshield.

Paul.

Oct 23, 2005, 12:32:39 AM10/23/05
On 21 Oct 2005 14:50:48 -0700, <ILoveMyS...@spamgourmet.com> said
the following in rec.autos.driving...

> I thought "kennedy" was synonomous with "drunkard, adulterer, and
> rapist." Of course, the best synonym for "kennedy" is "dead."

I heard that!

--
"Take off that silly ass hat!"
--Chris Rock

Arif Khokar

Oct 24, 2005, 1:56:30 AM10/24/05
Ad absurdum per aspera wrote:

> I'm sure Law and Order or suchlike will take you up on the offer before
> long. There is a philosophical question about what good would be
> served by charging what seems to be a somewhat wandering-minded person
> of extreme age after an apparent accident with no evident malice or
> intent or arguably even negligence.

While I see your point about no malicious intent, I don't understand why
you came to the conclusion that there was no negligence.

Had he been given a mini mental status exam, he most likely would have
had a borderline or low score at the time his license was renewed (3
years prior according to other reports).

http://www.medafile.com/mmses.htm

Garth Almgren

Oct 24, 2005, 9:29:11 PM10/24/05
Around 10/20/2005 9:17 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

I take it you're speaking from personal experience.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity