Communication Jute

Jamie

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

For full effect, maximize this window

Well, since there is alot of back and forth over Andre these days, I just
want to point out a few ways to better communicate with him. We'll call
today's lesson Communication Jute.

In the reverse Jute universe, Communication Jute can be difficult. We
must take a thorough and methodical approach. First, let's look at some
common phrases and how they might be interpreted in Communication Jute.

You say: He hears:

Fuck Off I Humbly apologize
You're a slimebag I Humbly apologize, O master!
You tell lies constantly! Please construe my response as an apology!
Go away and don't come back! I am heartbroken you won't share your amp
design with us.
Prove it, you liar! I want to have your baby.

You can see right away the inherent problems in the art of Communication
Jute. It is indeed a very puzzling language. It is rumored that in his
universe, electricity flows from the positive end of a battery. So, in
order to effectively engage in Communication Jute, one must be able to
quickly reverse and distort things in one's mind. It's basically like
holding a mirror up to the truth and reading the reverse image. Sarcasm
can take on a quite literal meaning, and short of having a babel fish on
hand, you will have a very hard time understanding.

Quickly Inverting Fact. Here are a few words and phrases from the Jute -
English dictionary.

Communication Jute English

Conspiricy of Jews People who flame Jute on UseNet.
Death Squad People who flame Jute with proof of lies.
Drive-By Shooting Show Andre's lies, then move on to tubes.
Demo a tranny Steal Steel.
Velleman is a quality manufacturer They fell for my pitch!
For Sale Lowther will never miss it............

For those of you who are perpetually frustrated trying to get Andre to
understand what you are saying, maybe this lesson in Communication Jute
will be of assistance. I hope that now he will finally "get it".

One last word for Andre....

I humbly apologize. I am hearbroken you won't share your amp design with
us.

--
Jamie Campbell

jcc at wwa dot com

Tubes are absolutely the WORST sound reproducers in the world, except for
everything else.

Sander deWaal

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

On 24 Feb 1998 23:14:12 GMT, "Jamie" <j...@spamthisyoubozo.com> wrote
the following:

<snip>

>Velleman is a quality manufacturer They fell for my pitch!

Velleman IS a quality manufacturer.
_
Sander deWaal
postm...@pegasus.demon.nl
"A Bose FAQ could be rather short: don't buy."

Jamie

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Sander deWaal said:

> Velleman IS a quality manufacturer.

Sure is. I've seen the k4040 and was fairly impressed. Lots o' power from
a chromed-out flatbed truck looking thing. In fact, I was thinking of
getting one of the kits because of the relatively low cost and high power.
Should be a perfect match for a coupla Maggies. Hey, Andre howz about
giving me a DEAL on the one you probably scammed from them? Or, as they
say in Communication Jute: Sir, may I be honored by the grace of an
amplifier your highness has so generously and expertly bulit and reviewed?
Are my ears worthy of such good fortune?

Question pertaining to tubes:

Does anyone know where to get Velleman kits in the U.S. without going
through Old Colony? I suspect that IF there ARE other distributers, they
might be a bit less pricey...... Or could I be wrong about that? Also,
I've seen their sand-state preamp kit........ Umm.... Nice try, but does
anyone know of a good tube pre-amp kit? I might just wind up building one
from scratch, but, well y'know.....

Wilfred

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Sander deWaal heeft geschreven in bericht
<34fc2933....@news.demon.nl>...

><snip>
>
>>Velleman is a quality manufacturer They fell for my pitch!
>

>Velleman IS a quality manufacturer.

>_
>Sander deWaal

Those are your words, not mine.
(I never want to service one again, @%#!!)

And on top it all they are based upon torroids! (never ending discussion)

Wilfred

AirGapped

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Jamie pleads with Andre thusly;

> Hey, Andre howz about
>giving me a DEAL on the one you probably scammed from them? Or, as >they
>say in Communication Jute: Sir, may I be honored by the grace of an
>amplifier your highness has so generously and expertly bulit and >reviewed?
>Are my ears worthy of such good fortune?

Jamie....you may be interested in reading an email I received from Mirko in
Sweden. Mirko traded some Lowther drivers (PM2A's if I remember right) to
Andre for his review sample SEX amps. I did obtain Mirko's permission to post
his email to me and I hope to get further info form Mirko over the next day or
two.....

perhaps before buying Andre's handiwork read this: it is unedited replete with
mailing info....

One other note.....Mirko told me that only one of the amps was ever
built....forty years after the advent of stereo the reviewer seeks out a stereo
pair of amps and then shams the reading public and the kit mfgr. w\o even the
decency to build both mono block amps and listen to them as intended.... how do
you say incredible in Communication Jute?

Mirko was so upset and kept (I also spoke with him on the phone) saying that he
wanted to just pack up the amps and ship them to me for free...claiming that
one of the amps was not even bubble wrapped or protected in any manner and that
when he received it the chassis plate was bent and folded and etc.... I told
Mirko that no purpose or benefit (only further expense) would be incurred by
him shipping me the units.....but he did offer to send photos of the amps as
received....

so think twice before going that route Jamie....

Hi Mike
it was wery nice talking to you on the phone. I am sure you can also see
how low the level on Joenet got since we had several visitors trying to do
a selfanylysis in atrivial way and trying to destroy others.
I will send you the wild art of homework of Andre ( the amp he " made " )
and you will see how he works and thinks.
I did NOT touch this amp becouse it felt so dirty...
Please give me your postal adress and I wil send it to USA.
I hope you continue your work and help us amateurs ( me ) also in the
future
to listen to our big love - the sound of our souls.
Have a nice day
Mirko

My other e-mail adress: miku...@swissonline.ch
Fax: ++41 31 331 08 78

Jura Pharmacy
M.Kubala
Breitenrainplatz 40
3014 Bern
Switzerland

P.S.
Dont worry about Mr.Jute - nobody knows him in Europe.

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:03:09 -0500
From: Miroslav Kubala <10043...@compuserve.com>
Subject: Life is airgapped too...
Sender: Miroslav Kubala <10043...@compuserve.com>
To: "INTERNET:AirG...@aol.com" <AirG...@aol.com>

Bob sherman

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

I strongly feel that all people that have been wronged by Andre Jute, should
receive an apology. And should be paid by him for any loses they have incurred.
Furthermore, users of this group should contact Glass Audio and express their
disgust with him. He should be removed from this and any other news group.

B.Sherman

Steve Jones

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Bob sherman wrote:

> I strongly feel that all people that have been wronged by Andre Jute, should
> receive an apology. And should be paid by him for any loses they have incurred.
> Furthermore, users of this group should contact Glass Audio and express their
> disgust with him. He should be removed from this and any other news group.

What's the email address for Ed Dell at Glass Audio? Please post here so
that all that may be interested can write him.

Thanks,
-Steve Jones

Ron Bales

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Steve Jones wrote:

> What's the email address for Ed Dell at Glass Audio? Please post here so
> that all that may be interested can write him.

e...@audioxpress.com

ROn

Sander deWaal

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:16:45 +0100, "Wilfred"
<Wilfred....@inter.nl.net> wrote the following:

>>Velleman IS a quality manufacturer.

>>Sander deWaal

>Those are your words, not mine.
>(I never want to service one again, @%#!!)

You based your opinion on the company upon
just one of their products (K4000, I presume)?

>And on top it all they are based upon torroids! (never ending discussion)

Yup.
Both toroid and square transformers can perform good.

Sander deWaal

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

On 25 Feb 1998 17:01:52 GMT, "Jamie" <j...@spamthisyoubozo.com> wrote
the following:

>Does anyone know where to get Velleman kits in the U.S. without going

>through Old Colony? I suspect that IF there ARE other distributers, they
>might be a bit less pricey...... Or could I be wrong about that? Also,
>I've seen their sand-state preamp kit........ Umm.... Nice try, but does
>anyone know of a good tube pre-amp kit? I might just wind up building one
>from scratch, but, well y'know.....

Velleman prices are a bargain, IMO.
One poster mentioned he got a 4040 for $1069, shipping included.

For preamps, check out the Sonic Frontiers SFL1, available in
kit form from Parts Supply.

Jamie

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

> For preamps, check out the Sonic Frontiers SFL1, available in
> kit form from Parts Supply.

Thanks for the tip, Sander. Umm, how do I get ahold of Parts Supply? (he
said sheepishly, his face turing red with embarassment) How much would you
reckon it might cost?

Andrea Kay

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98
to Jamie

Jamie wrote:

> Sander deWaal said:
>
> > Velleman IS a quality manufacturer.
>
> Sure is. I've seen the k4040 and was fairly impressed. Lots o' power from
> a chromed-out flatbed truck looking thing. In fact, I was thinking of
> getting one of the kits because of the relatively low cost and high power.
> Should be a perfect match for a coupla Maggies. Hey, Andre howz about

> giving me a DEAL on the one you probably scammed from them? Or, as they
> say in Communication Jute: Sir, may I be honored by the grace of an
> amplifier your highness has so generously and expertly bulit and reviewed?
> Are my ears worthy of such good fortune?
>
> Question pertaining to tubes:

> Does anyone know where to get Velleman kits in the U.S. without going
> through Old Colony? I suspect that IF there ARE other distributers, they
> might be a bit less pricey...... Or could I be wrong about that? Also,
> I've seen their sand-state preamp kit........ Umm.... Nice try, but does
> anyone know of a good tube pre-amp kit? I might just wind up building one
> from scratch, but, well y'know.....
>
> --
> Jamie Campbell
>
> jcc at wwa dot com
>
> Tubes are absolutely the WORST sound reproducers in the world, except for
> everything else.
Wow! I go away for a couple of days and a flame war starts up! Feel the
heat! I've been intrigued by the Velleman but haven't put down $$$.
ITs also available from parts-express.com in Dayton for $999

Tim H

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Andrea Kay wrote in message <6d2gkm$3...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...

>Wow! I go away for a couple of days and a flame war starts up! Feel the
>heat! I've been intrigued by the Velleman but haven't put down $$$.
>ITs also available from parts-express.com in Dayton for $999

Velleman also available from Quality Kits in Canada. When you factor in the
favorable US/CDN exchange rate the amp gets even cheaper. I have one on
order, which I expect in another week or so.

T/

Sander deWaal

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

On 25 Feb 1998 23:02:27 GMT, "Jamie" <j...@spamthisyoubozo.com> wrote
the following:

>> For preamps, check out the Sonic Frontiers SFL1, available in

>> kit form from Parts Supply.
>
>Thanks for the tip, Sander. Umm, how do I get ahold of Parts Supply? (he
>said sheepishly, his face turing red with embarassment) How much would you
>reckon it might cost?

It's called the L-1 hybrid line preamp, and an improved version
of the SFC-1 line preamp by Sonic Frontiers.
I've some experience with this amp, and IMO, it's one of
the best available for this money.
Note: phono preamp is NOT included!
In kitform it's $599, assembled $799.
For the "signature upgrade kit" add another $299.
Prices are in US dollars.

They're on the Web, www.sonicfrontiers.com/tpc .
The sales person there is jerry kulacz (t...@sonicfrontiers.com) .
2790 Brighton Rd., Oakville, Ontario, CA. L6H 5T4

Good luck!

Sander deWaal

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

On 25 Feb 1998 23:02:27 GMT, "Jamie" <j...@spamthisyoubozo.com> wrote
the following:

>> For preamps, check out the Sonic Frontiers SFL1, available in
>> kit form from Parts Supply.
>
>Thanks for the tip, Sander. Umm, how do I get ahold of Parts Supply? (he
>said sheepishly, his face turing red with embarassment) How much would you
>reckon it might cost?

Uhhm.....I just discovered my teenieweenie little error.....
It should read the Parts Connection (now who's blushing)......

Steve Hamilton

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Jamie wrote in message <01bd420e$f534de60

>anyone know of a good tube pre-amp kit? I might just wind up building one
from scratch, but, well y'know.....

I recently built the Audio Note preamp kit. It caught my attention because
it is hard-wired, and is all tube including the power supply.

It's very dynamic, with solid bass. Not as transparent as my EAR 834 phono
with passive volume control, but close.

Phono stage, line stage, and power supply are on separate boards. It's
599.00 from Angela Instruments.

Steve

Wilfred

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Hi Sander,

Yes you're right, it ain't fair to the company.
It's just that I have a vivid memory of the nightmares that poweramp gave me
(and not only me).
Don't know about their other products.

About toroids, can you recomend a toroid based valve amp? Just to convince
me? Other than Velleman or Miracle, those are not really my taste (but may
please others though).

Wilfred

Sander deWaal heeft geschreven in bericht

<34fb835c....@news.demon.nl>...

>You based your opinion on the company upon
>just one of their products (K4000, I presume)?
>
>>And on top it all they are based upon torroids! (never ending discussion)
>
>Yup.
>Both toroid and square transformers can perform good.

Sander deWaal

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:47:38 +0100, "Wilfred"
<Wilfred....@inter.nl.net> wrote the following:

>Hi Sander,

>About toroids, can you recomend a toroid based valve amp? Just to convince
>me? Other than Velleman or Miracle, those are not really my taste (but may
>please others though).

Hi Wilfred,

Don't know of commercially available products,
but I've built some PP amps with them, with very good results.
These amps used 807's, eEL 34's, KT66's, KT88, and EL 84's.
Others here in Holland used the VDV trannies also, with reported
good results.
IMO, advantages of the toroidal design are:
Lower stray inductance, parasitic capacitance, better bass control,
extended bandwidth, and less space (lower cabinets).

Disadvantages: some designs might sound more like a SS amp.

Ned Carlson

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:33:53 -0800, Bob sherman <bo...@att.net> wrote:

>I strongly feel that all people that have been wronged by Andre Jute, should
>receive an apology. And should be paid by him for any loses they have incurred.
>Furthermore, users of this group should contact Glass Audio and express their
>disgust with him. He should be removed from this and any other news group.

Uhhh, Bob, you have any idea how newsgroups work?

Here's an idea: people who have nothing to contribute but flames
ought to be banned.. cool idea, but not included by the charter..
you know what a charter is, I'm sure.

Maybe I'll start my own email net..good luck subscribing..

I don't give a shit about the truth? I've offered to publicly debate
Audio Research Corp, Dr Jizzmo, and Manley on this newsgroup.
Hey, let's see Eddie Richardson jump in, too. There's your ten-ton
gorilla/Bill Gates of the tube biz...You know all about Big Eddie,
dontcha?

I happen to think that people reading Mr. Jute's posts
should have no trouble deciding for themselves
his credibility. Thus no need for comment from me.

Ned Carlson Triode Electronics,2225 W Roscoe St
Chicago, IL, 60618 USA ph 773-871-7459 fax 773-871-7938
"Worldwide Service, Neighborhood Prices" since 1985
Open 12:30 to 8 PM CT, (1830-0200 UTC) 12:30-5 Sat, Closed Wed & Sun
See our web site at http://www.triodeel.com
Text file catalogs: Send a request to our Catalog 'Bot at
cat...@triodeel.com

Paul Gustafson

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

I get a catalog from a company called Parts Express, they carry Vellman
Kits.
They have Hammond transformers and Svetlana tubes as well as a bunch of other
cool stuff. (they got Celestion and Dynaudio drivers)

> Question pertaining to tubes:
>
> Does anyone know where to get Velleman kits in the U.S. without going
> through Old Colony? I suspect that IF there ARE other distributers, they
> might be a bit less pricey...... Or could I be wrong about that? Also,
> I've seen their sand-state preamp kit........ Umm.... Nice try, but does

> anyone know of a good tube pre-amp kit? I might just wind up building one
> from scratch, but, well y'know.....

Stephen Marsh

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

Sander deWaal wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:47:38 +0100, "Wilfred"
> <Wilfred....@inter.nl.net> wrote the following:
>
> >Hi Sander,
>
> >About toroids, can you recomend a toroid based valve amp? Just to convince
> >me? Other than Velleman or Miracle, those are not really my taste (but may
> >please others though).
>
> Hi Wilfred,
>
> Don't know of commercially available products,

I believe Melos Audio in New Jersey sold some PP tube amps using
toroidal trannies.

Regards,
Steve Marsh