Hey, Useless Wiecky, where is your apology for being a know-nothing and an abusive bully?

Andre Jute

Jan 31, 2006, 1:20:18 PM1/31/06
Hey, Useless Wiecky, where is your apology for being a know-nothing and
an abusive bully?

Peter Wieck, who posts as pf...@aol.com and is also known on RAT and
elsewhere as Useless Wiecky, grossly abused several posters for
correctly saying an Akai M-8 is single-ended. Useless Wiecky claimed
ignorantly that it is push-pull. You can start following Useless
Wiecky's nastiness here:

http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.audio.tubes/browse_frm/thread/5c47270736cafaf8/823472e864e2599c#823472e864e2599c

Hand's up those who think this slimeball Useless Wiecky owes everyone
an apology, and particularly to those he abused in that thread.

Useless Wiecky's only support so far comes from the Magnequest Scumball
Henry Pasternack, who was long since run out of RAT for exactly the
same behaviour as Useless.

Andre Jute

Henry Pasternack

Jan 31, 2006, 1:28:36 PM1/31/06
"Andre Jute" <fiu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1138731618.0...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Useless Wiecky's only support so far comes from the Magnequest Scumball
> Henry Pasternack, who was long since run out of RAT for exactly the
> same behaviour as Useless.

You're a slow learner, Andre. I have given you the information you need to
break out of your rut. (I also taught you most of what you think you know
about audio electronics). The rest is up to you.

And try not to swallow too much water while you're swimming in the toilet
bowl.

-Henry

pf...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2006, 2:51:55 PM1/31/06
Nor can you read, Mr. McCoy. SET was the original postulate... your
particular bugbear. And you were strangly silent when that was put
forth. So, exactly what is it that has your panties in a wad? That the
M8 is not SET (never was), or that I mistook it for being PP? (and I am
still searching for the Akai tape amp schematic that I saw that was
PP... I am stubborn when I have what I think is a clear memory). As to
"abusing" Master Ruud, if you have time to hand-hold deliberately
stupid children (as an entirely separate condition from ignorant), you
have more patience than I.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Arny Krueger

Jan 31, 2006, 3:01:57 PM1/31/06

<pf...@aol.com> wrote in message

I did a scan for a free online schematic of the M8 as well.

My recollection is that the later tubed Akai recorders with built-in mono
power amplifiers (which AFAIK included some models that were stereo up to
line level), had power amps that were indeed p-p. But, the ones with
stereo tubed power amps were single-ended. IOW, the decision to built
single-ended power amps was related to issues like packaging, not a desire
to go backwards technologically.

I'm sure that just about every AKAI M8, which were sold in huge volumes to
GIs through PXs and not to audiophiles through high end audio stores, has
been safely consigned to a landfill. Of course it takes an maniac like this
Jute sockpuppet to try to globally abuse someone over a tiny nit like this.

John Byrns

Jan 31, 2006, 3:31:29 PM1/31/06
In article <zJSdnYdduuG...@comcast.com>, "Arny Krueger"
<ar...@hotpop.com> wrote:

> I did a scan for a free online schematic of the M8 as well.
>
> My recollection is that the later tubed Akai recorders with built-in mono
> power amplifiers (which AFAIK included some models that were stereo up to
> line level), had power amps that were indeed p-p. But, the ones with
> stereo tubed power amps were single-ended. IOW, the decision to built
> single-ended power amps was related to issues like packaging, not a desire
> to go backwards technologically.
>
> I'm sure that just about every AKAI M8, which were sold in huge volumes to
> GIs through PXs and not to audiophiles through high end audio stores, has
> been safely consigned to a landfill. Of course it takes an maniac like this
> Jute sockpuppet to try to globally abuse someone over a tiny nit like this.

While I'm not certain who abused who, it is hardly a "tiny nit" to confuse
a push pull amplifier with a single ended tube amplifier, especially when
single ended amplifiers are what the thread is discussing.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

Arny Krueger

Jan 31, 2006, 3:38:53 PM1/31/06

"John Byrns" <jby...@rcn.com> wrote in message

Agreed that there are many big differences between p-p and se.

The nit aspect of this situation comes from considering how obscure the
reference is.

The Akai M8 was hardly a pace-setting product.

I was trying to remember how the mono power amp fitted with the rest of the
unit wh\ich was stereo. I then remembered that Akai might have sold a
matching powered speaker to serve as the other channel of a stereo pair.

pf...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2006, 3:53:07 PM1/31/06
>While I'm not certain who abused who, it is hardly a "tiny nit" to confuse
>a push pull amplifier with a single ended tube amplifier, especially when
>single ended amplifiers are what the thread is discussing.

While nits are on the table, the issue was SET initially. Single-ended
was an outgrowth of that as the SET claimant under another alias
suggested-by-implication that the EL84 was triode-connected. The M8 was
never a Single-Ended-Triode amp. You will also notice that I did put my
money where my opinions were on that... and the bet still stands.
Something that Mr. McCoy conveniently cannot understand.

It was (more-or-less) the same amp as uncounted millions of German
table radios, cheap Zenith radios and doubtless thousands of others
made using a Pentode (6BQ5/EL84) as the output tube. No poetry expended
on the lovely sound of these beasts, I see.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

pf...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2006, 3:57:11 PM1/31/06
>My recollection is that the later tubed Akai recorders with built-in mono
>power amplifiers (which AFAIK included some models that were stereo up to
>line level), had power amps that were indeed p-p.

Yeah.... and that is what I remember. Dual mono PP amps in a case that
was far wider than tall. I may have to visit Tannenbaum's to go over
his Akai literature to see if I can find that configuration.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Andre Jute

Jan 31, 2006, 4:47:40 PM1/31/06

John:

I am not really overly concerned that Peter "Useless" Wiecky made a
mistake, no matter how big. I leave crowing about other peoples
mistakes to idiots like Krueger, his sidekick Pinkostinko, and to
curtaintwitchers like Useless Wiecky himself. It seems to me that
decent people consider being wrong a learning experience and apologize
quickly when they are proven wrong.

What I object to is Useless Wiecky's foul abuse of everyone who was
right in the thread in which he was so grossly wrong, starting here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.audio.tubes/browse_frm/thread/5c47270736cafaf8/823472e864e2599c%23823472e864e2599c

What I object to his Useless Wiecky's attempt to evade responsibility
by blaming everyone else for his own shortcomings, errors and foul
manners.

What I object to is travelling netscum like Pasternack and Krueger
immediately racing to the aid of their bumbuddy Peter Wieck, trying to
detract attention from Useless Wiecky's crimes with ad hominem abuse.

Though one must say that the activity of known scum rushing to support
Useless Wiecky immediately tells us precisely what Useless is: unwanted
scum, same as Krueger and Pasternack. Birds of a feather flock
together.

Below is my complete original post, to put this thread back on the
rails, which is to demand an apology from the know-nothing netbully
Peter Wieck for his gross abuse of posters speaking from hard
knowledge. It seems to me that if we let slime like Useless get away
with abusing those who know more than he does, soon no-one who knows
anything will contribute to RAT.

******

*******

Peter Wieck, who posts as p...@aol.com and is also known on RAT and

elsewhere as Useless Wiecky, grossly abused several posters for
correctly saying an Akai M-8 is single-ended. Useless Wiecky claimed
ignorantly that it is push-pull. You can start following Useless
Wiecky's nastiness here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.audio.tubes/browse_frm/thread/5c47270736cafaf8/823472e864e2599c%23823472e864e2599c

Hand's up those who think this slimeball Useless Wiecky owes everyone
an apology, and particularly to those he abused in that thread.

Useless Wiecky's only support so far comes from the Magnequest Scumball

Henry Pasternack, who was long since run out of RAT for exactly the
same behaviour as Useless.

...and now from Arny "I spoke in error" Krueger, another slimeball
widely known to tailor his morality and professional truth to suit his
personal animosities.

Andre Jute

pf...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2006, 7:09:18 PM1/31/06
Mr. McCoy:

Try something new. Repetition of the same tired stupidities certainly
does not enhance whatever case you might pretend. Most certainly your
hands are far from clean. The merest bit of googling confirms that and
much, much more.

c.f. Andrew Jute McCoy and more.
One gem:

Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
From: "John Harper" <jha...@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Is Andre Jute real ??
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 05:04:57 -0800

If it is all some kind of hoax then it's a well researched one.
I'd be the first to acknowledge that things on the Internet
are quite often not what they seem, but in this case I think not.
There is an Andre Jute listed in the Irish phone book for
a small town near Cork, which is where he claims to live.
There are also some out of print books in the same name.

I thnk he's just an attention seeking nut-case. He's harmless
as long as you don't let him get to you. He's a fairly competent
writer (overlooking the fact that the actual content of his
writing is vituperous drivel). He has some fairly basic understanding
of electronics and tubes, enough to fool not only quite a few people on
this newsgroup for a while, but also Glass Audio magazine for whom
he wrote some stuff a few years back. However as soon as
things go into any depth he is lost, technically, and he absolutely
hates that.

The world is full of strange people, and the Internet has an uncanny
ability to find them.

John

John, I apologize for bringing you into this, but it is so accurate a
characterization as to be priceless.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Stewart Pinkerton

Feb 1, 2006, 1:51:13 AM2/1/06

Please refrain from this pathetic licking of Jute's arse. SET does not
and never has meant single-ended tube, it means single-ended *triode*,
which the M8 certainly was not.

Andre Jute

Feb 1, 2006, 2:40:28 AM2/1/06

Nope, I didn't say the M8 was SET. I wrote out single-ended, which is
precisely correct. Useless Wiecky, a known liar, lied that I said SET.
Pinkerton, widely known for not checking facts (as in the Quad ESL
debacle when he presented himself as an "expert" based on a misreading
of the*front page* of the Quad site) believed the liar Wieck, didn't
check, and is now embarrassed with Useless Wieck at being caught out in
another transparent lie. Scum is as scum does.

> Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

You're a veeeeery slow learner, Pinkostinko, you're gullible, you're
stupid and you're slack.

No matter how much smoke you scummy bum-buddies blow, Useless Wiecky
exposed his gross ignorance and, worse, abused half a dozen posters who
know far more than he does about the M8, about tubes, about everything
else as far as I can see (1). This thread isn't about Wiecky's
ingnorance, it is about his bullying and abuse. It is good that the
known bullies and abusers like Pinkostinko and Krueger jump in to
defend one of their own, so everyone can see who the scum are.

Andre Jute

(1) Peter Wieck has the grotesque cheek to hold himself up as a tube
expert but since he was exposed as a blustering ignoramus in the M8
instance, we have also discovered that this "expert" doesn't know the
difference between fixed and auto-bias. Is it any surprise to anyone
that Peter Wieck is known to connoisseurs of tenthraters as "Useless"?

bugbear

Feb 1, 2006, 5:35:20 AM2/1/06
Andre Jute wrote:
> Hey, Useless Wiecky, where is your apology for being a know-nothing and
> an abusive bully?
>
> Peter Wieck, who posts as pf...@aol.com and is also known on RAT and
> elsewhere as Useless Wiecky, grossly abused several posters for
> correctly saying an Akai M-8 is single-ended. Useless Wiecky claimed
> ignorantly that it is push-pull.

Oh, the blasphemy!

BugBear

Message has been deleted

Arny Krueger

Feb 27, 2006, 5:01:52 PM2/27/06
"Signal" <me...@clara.net> wrote in message
> "Arny Krueger" emitted :

>> I'm sure that just about every AKAI M8, which were sold
>> in huge volumes to GIs through PXs and not to
>> audiophiles through high end audio stores, has been
>> safely consigned to a landfill.
>
> They were very well constructed - many survived.
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqlhuh.jpg

They were well-constructed in the same sense as the AK-47.

nyo...@peoplepc.com

Feb 27, 2006, 6:39:51 PM2/27/06

"Arny Krueger" <ar...@hotpop.com> wrote in message
Looks pretty much like the M-9 that's collecting dust in my garage.

Stewart Pinkerton

Feb 28, 2006, 2:20:10 AM2/28/06

But is it as well-constructed as an M-14? :-)

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Feb 28, 2006, 2:48:46 AM2/28/06
From: Stewart Pinkerton
Date: Tues, Feb 28 2006 1:20 am
Email: Stewart Pinkerton <pate...@dircon.co.uk>

>>Looks pretty much like the M-9 that's collecting dust in my garage.

>But is it as well-constructed as an M-14? :-)

That's not a fair comparison.

For sheer wattage, the M-14 clearly wins. But for close and involving
works, the M-9 is probably a better choice.

I've always wanted a chance to experience the overall bass slam of the
L-85. They're hard to come by here but look very interesting. Have you
ever experienced one? What do you think of them? And what do you think
of Scimitars? While they can work well as designed, they're sometimes a
bit too far forward for my tastes. I think careful positioning is
paramount.

NYO...@peoplepc.com

Feb 28, 2006, 3:00:00 AM2/28/06
No clue. But it is heavier, I d hate to have to carry it on a forced
march.

It belonged to my stepfather who was inthe merchant marine and
brought it back from somewhere in Asia. I don't know who much he used
it but I suspect not much. Whe I got it after he assumed room
temprature, I tried to play a tape and something broke. It's been
collecting dust ever since. I take it is not a tremendously well
respected bit of gear.

Arny Krueger

Feb 28, 2006, 11:56:19 AM2/28/06
<NYO...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

Let's put it this way: In the day of for about the same money at the PX, I
could have either the latest-greatest Akai Mxx de jour, or a Revox A77.

Fool that I am, I took the A77. Hey, it was smaller and easier to ship! ;-)

Stewart Pinkerton

Feb 28, 2006, 12:14:57 PM2/28/06
On 27 Feb 2006 23:48:46 -0800, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
<arty...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: Stewart Pinkerton
>Date: Tues, Feb 28 2006 1:20 am
>Email: Stewart Pinkerton <pate...@dircon.co.uk>
>
>>>Looks pretty much like the M-9 that's collecting dust in my garage.
>
>>But is it as well-constructed as an M-14? :-)
>
>That's not a fair comparison.
>
>For sheer wattage, the M-14 clearly wins. But for close and involving
>works, the M-9 is probably a better choice.

Perhaps, but definitely one for the nearfield fan. I'd say the MP-5
has better dispersion.

>I've always wanted a chance to experience the overall bass slam of the
>L-85. They're hard to come by here but look very interesting. Have you
>ever experienced one? What do you think of them?

A little lightweight for me. It can touch you deeply, but seldom
knocks you sideways. For sheer emotional impact I prefer the M-82, if
you really have to reach out and touch someone.

> And what do you think
>of Scimitars? While they can work well as designed, they're sometimes a
>bit too far forward for my tastes. I think careful positioning is
>paramount.

I find theleron technology just a little too bass heavy for my
listening room.....

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Mar 1, 2006, 12:38:49 AM3/1/06
From: Stewart Pinkerton
Date: Tues, Feb 28 2006 11:14 am
Email: Stewart Pinkerton <pate...@dircon.co.uk>

>For sheer emotional impact I prefer the M-82, if

>you really have to reach out and touch someone.

Nah, those don't do it for me. They fall well short of reaching out and
touching anything.

You really should listen to a G6-52 in those applications. The
emotional impact is truly staggering.

Stewart Pinkerton

Mar 1, 2006, 1:02:05 PM3/1/06
On 28 Feb 2006 21:38:49 -0800, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
<arty...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, I have yet to meet anything around here of South African origin
that could offer anything of interest to me - lots of sound and fury,
but no real finesse.....

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Mar 2, 2006, 1:28:47 PM3/2/06
From: Stewart Pinkerton
Date: Wed, Mar 1 2006 12:02 pm
Email: Stewart Pinkerton <pate...@dircon.co.uk>

>>You really should listen to a G6-52 in those applications. The
>>emotional impact is truly staggering.

>Sorry, I have yet to meet anything around here of South African origin
>that could offer anything of interest to me - lots of sound and fury,
>but no real finesse.....

Ah, so you are a line-of-sight FM snob.

Single-ended, you may be correct. A battery-powered G6-52 in parallel,
however, has an impact and dynamic range like no other. It has greater
dispersion than an M-82. What it suffers in the higher frequencies, it
more than makes up for on the low end.

Some works do not require finesse. They require raw, brute power.

Stewart Pinkerton

Mar 2, 2006, 1:49:00 PM3/2/06
On 2 Mar 2006 10:28:47 -0800, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
<arty...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Ahhh, you'll just never be an ultrafidelista, will you? :-)