ARTICULATING THE HIGH END, reprised

Andre Jute

Dec 12, 2005, 3:57:34 AM12/12/05
(A malicious flamer wrecked the earlier publication of this piece so
here it is again.)

Originally published in 1999, reprinted as a memorial.

ARTICULATING THE HIGH END

Significantly shtupping the daughters of the Daughters of the American
Revolution

André Jute reviews

The Search for Musical Ecstasy by Harvey Rosenberg
published by Image Marketing Group, Stamford, CT 06907 tel (203)
357-7600 fax (203) 967 9100

Harvey 'Gizmo' Rosenberg was born of Jewish parents nearly sixty years
ago. His mother probably wished that the gizmos he preferred to toys
would a violin. I'm giving you the stereotype first, because without it
we would not have The Giz telling us what to think about the high end.
If Harvey Rosenberg could play an instrument, or if he could sing, he
would not write about audio. We would all be poorer.

Rosenberg is a legend as the man who made Julius Futterman and his OTL
(output transformerless) hi-fi amplifier topology famous by bringing it
to market. He is also a legend, among some of the more uptight, prep
school Protestant writers on audio (that's most of them) for what they
consider the egregious gush of his writing about audio. The Giz writes
sorta like Tom Wolfe before several editors toned him the hell down,
and he got old and tired, and the flow fizzed. Fortunately for us, The
Giz has always been in a position to pay for the publication of his own
kandy-kolored genuine metalflake naughyde prose, first as
advertisements for his firm New York Audio Laboratories and latterly in
his books, so avoiding the depradations of editors. I suspect that the
editors of the magazines he writes for are too intimidated by the flow
of words to dare tone him down--or perhaps they understand that this
excess is far from wretched, it is a glorious passion.

Gizmo isn't just an audiophile, nor just an enthusiast for the high
end, by golly no! He is a fully fledged audioxtasist. And not only is
he one of those, he wants a man like you, a lover of fine electronics
and Harley-Davidsons--you are, aren't you?--to bond with him in that
great revolution of music in the home.

This is not the love that dares not speak its name. Our Harvey is alone
and childless, as he admits and despairs of in his book, because he
spent all his passion on the search for musical reproduction rather
than on the more obvious pursuits.

In fact, Rosenberg has the politically incorrect commitment to
truthfulness to point out that audioxtasism is an exclusively male
avocation--and the brass balls explicitly to regret it in the face of
the rednecked trailer park trash who in their search for a place to
hide from their own inadequacies have been invading the high end waving
their NRA cards and Bring Back the Bra banners as signals of their
chauvinistic exclusivity.

But you're right, the entire book is about sex.

It is a commonplace that rock'n'roll, the people's poetry, is the great
revolution of the twentieth century. To many it feels like the right
and intuitive thing to say, even thought like all sweeping cultural
statements it is at best only partially true; that is exactly what
makes the thoughtful among us think twice before saying it except
deliberately to rub the unholy. But our Harvey is not embarrassed to
say it.

And only Harvey Rosenberg comes up with the compelling proof: all those
rock'n'rollers shtupping the daughters of the Daughters of the American
Revolution. What is a revolution but the new classes conjugating with
the daughters of the old? It takes a genius not to scorn the obvious
when it is true.

There's a lot of electronics in this book, including a number of good
schematics definitely worth building. Harvey even prints an early
Futterman design, which almost bancrupted him, with a warning not to
build it. The capacitance on the wiring is critical. As the sort of
infuriating fellow who always drove Porsches from the days when they
were nothing more than jumped-up Volkswagens--and equally reliable, I
do relish my bit of schadenfreude when I find some fellow who loves an
unreliable Ferrari! At p256 Rosenberg, generally a nice man, sneers at
the sort of fellow who drives a reliable, useful Porsche, in preference
to something faster without air conditioning.

Harvey's pain is written all over this book; he lets it all hang out.

He also lets his joy in music hang out. In fact, the major part of the
book is a guide for people of culture seeking a path to the higher
plane of ecstasy. And that isn't California bullshit. The Giz has been
there. He keeps slipping back. He keeps finding a new path. He writes
it down, in a form we can all grasp and understand, because no-one else
has the confidence to let it hang out like that. "A man with a mission
should have no embarrasment."

The Search for Musical Ecstasy is not indexed. It is probably
impossible to index, but I would like to have some of my least
favourite editors try! It is an infuriating book to search in for
anything, though the illustrations, of which there are hundreds, do
serve as mnemonics.

But then the bible isn't indexed either. The parallel is exact. The
Search for Musical Ecstasy is the Kabala of High Fidelity. I recommend
that you make space for it on your lavatory bookshelf right next to the
Mosaic Tables of Fidelity, Langford-Smith's RDH. You will want to dip
into it that often.

Copyright ©1999 Andre Jute

André Jute was educated at universities in South Africa, Australia and
the United States in psychology, economics and business management. He
has worked in advertising, management consulting, and as a political
and military advisor, and is now Chairman of the graphic and industrial
design house Communication Jute. He is a distinguished novelist and
writes a column on classical music read every week by 9.2m music
lovers. Before taking up tube amp design, he designed and built
complete automobiles.

Pooh Bear

Dec 12, 2005, 9:02:48 AM12/12/05

Andre Jute wrote:

> As the sort of
> infuriating fellow who always drove Porsches from the days when they
> were nothing more than jumped-up Volkswagens--and equally reliable, I
> do relish my bit of schadenfreude when I find some fellow who loves an
> unreliable Ferrari!

WTF do Volkswagens have to do with audio ?

You're a lying sack of shit gasbag Jute, who simply blathers on ad nauseam
about anything non-audio to fill the space.

Your pontificating self-aggrandising posts don't impress one bit.

You ought to learn to post *on-topic* !

Graham

Pooh Bear

Dec 12, 2005, 9:07:29 AM12/12/05

Andre Jute wrote:

> André Jute was educated at universities in South Africa, Australia and
> the United States in psychology, economics and business management. He
> has worked in advertising, management consulting, and as a political
> and military advisor, and is now Chairman of the graphic and industrial
> design house Communication Jute.

Note the total absence of any technical qualification whatever.

That's why he prefers opinion over science.

A classic example of today's widespread disease of 'dumbing down' if ever
there was one.

Graham

Arny Krueger

Dec 12, 2005, 9:58:03 AM12/12/05

"Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriend...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Andre Jute wrote:
>
>> As the sort of
>> infuriating fellow who always drove Porsches from the days when they
>> were nothing more than jumped-up Volkswagens--and equally reliable, I
>> do relish my bit of schadenfreude when I find some fellow who loves an
>> unreliable Ferrari!
>
> WTF do Volkswagens have to do with audio ?

About as much as anything else that Jute posts. ;-)

> You're a lying sack of shit gasbag Jute, who simply blathers on ad nauseam
> about anything non-audio to fill the space.

You're being way to kind, Graham.

> Your pontificating self-aggrandising posts don't impress one bit.

You forgot about *repetitive* and *irrelevant* Graham. ;-)

> You ought to learn to post *on-topic* !

That, too. Trouble there is no rec.audio.jute.

Ironically, there seem to be three Usenet groups with the name "Duraybito"
in them. Who remembers Duraybito?

The words *pointificating* and *self-aggrandising* brought his name to mind.
;-)

Patrick Turner

Dec 12, 2005, 11:07:41 AM12/12/05

Somebody below said such things in a wayard thread below......

I have lost the context of the comments, since its is mind-numbingly
tedious to follow *all* the r.a.t postings...

> > WTF do Volkswagens have to do with audio ?
>
> About as much as anything else that Jute posts. ;-)
>
> > You're a lying sack of shit gasbag Jute, who simply blathers on ad nauseam
> > about anything non-audio to fill the space.
>
> You're being way to kind, Graham.
>
> > Your pontificating self-aggrandising posts don't impress one bit.

But Santa won't be kind. He only gives presents to those kiddies who
deserve it because they have been good little kiddies all year.

So when you guys hear the comin and goin of the bells on Santa's sleigh, -
without stopping
at yo place, yo all will know why.

Anyway, the reindeers don't like stopping either, they like to get Christmas
over and done with asap,
and they avoid the pong of de BS arrisin from da chimneys across the land.

Patrick Turner.

Arny Krueger

Dec 12, 2005, 11:16:36 AM12/12/05

"Patrick Turner" <in...@turneraudio.com.au> wrote in message

> Somebody below said such things in a wayard thread below......

It all started with Jute.

> I have lost the context of the comments, since its is mind-numbingly
> tedious to follow *all* the r.a.t postings...

>> > WTF do Volkswagens have to do with audio ?

>> About as much as anything else that Jute posts. ;-)

>> > You're a lying sack of shit gasbag Jute, who simply blathers on ad
>> > nauseam
>> > about anything non-audio to fill the space.

>> You're being way to kind, Graham.

>> > Your pontificating self-aggrandising posts don't impress one bit.

> But Santa won't be kind. He only gives presents to those kiddies who
> deserve it because they have been good little kiddies all year.

Sorry about that box of coal in your near-term future Patrick. It isn't even
winter down there, right?

> So when you guys hear the comin and goin of the bells on Santa's sleigh, -
> without stopping at yo place, yo all will know why.

What I know is that with fuel prices going up, even a large box of coal
would be useful, as opposed to to Jute's posts.

> Anyway, the reindeers don't like stopping either, they like to get
> Christmas
> over and done with asap,
> and they avoid the pong of de BS arrisin from da chimneys across the land.

According to my calendar Patrick, chimneys are cold down there, right?
They're plenty hot up here! ;-)

Andre Jute

Dec 12, 2005, 4:43:18 PM12/12/05
Arny Krueger wrote:

> It all started with Jute.

I answer this transparent lie in the thread "Who caused Arny's
humiliation last week? - or - I wouldn't touch Krueger with Ludwig's
dick on a stick"

Andre Jute

dizzy

Dec 12, 2005, 6:01:37 PM12/12/05
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:07:41 GMT, Patrick Turner
<in...@turneraudio.com.au> wrote:

>But Santa won't be kind. He only gives presents to those kiddies who
>deserve it because they have been good little kiddies all year.

No tubes in my stocking? That's okay. I'm thinking of selling my HK
Citation II anyway. It's just collecting dust right now...

Stewart Pinkerton

Dec 13, 2005, 1:48:08 AM12/13/05
On 12 Dec 2005 00:57:34 -0800, "Andre Jute" <fiu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>(A malicious flamer wrecked the earlier publication of this piece by appending
>self-aggrandising puff to it - as usual - so here it is again.)

Patrick Turner

Dec 13, 2005, 3:05:30 AM12/13/05

Arny Krueger wrote:

You must be keeping yours hot with all that hot air you are generating...

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Dec 13, 2005, 3:13:27 AM12/13/05

Andre Jute wrote:

Do try not to let yourself get too kroogered this christmas Andre.

I am so bloomin busy with so many projects, I have not kept up with all
these threads,
and threads within threads, and despite so many, 'tis a shabby tapestry
methinks.

But the weather is sublime here, we finally had a nice spring after 3
years of severe drought
where nearly everyone's garden died, and anyone selling swimming pools
and garden fountains went broke.

Patrick Turner.

Andre Jute

Dec 13, 2005, 3:27:55 AM12/13/05

Patrick Turner wrote:
> Andre Jute wrote:
>
> > Arny Krueger wrote:
> >
> > > It all started with Jute.
> >
> > I answer this transparent lie in the thread "Who caused Arny's
> > humiliation last week? - or - I wouldn't touch Krueger with Ludwig's
> > dick on a stick"
> >
> > Andre Jute
>
> Do try not to let yourself get too kroogered this christmas Andre.
>
> I am so bloomin busy with so many projects, I have not kept up with all
> these threads,
> and threads within threads, and despite so many, 'tis a shabby tapestry
> methinks.

No one in his right mind wants to stick his hands in shit. But what
else can you do when dealing with an immoral piece of crap like
Krueger.

> But the weather is sublime here, we finally had a nice spring after 3
> years of severe drought
> where nearly everyone's garden died, and anyone selling swimming pools
> and garden fountains went broke.
>

> Patrick Turner.

I was invited to a wedding in Adelaide and wondered if I should go but
I need too long to acclimatize to the heat.

Andre Jute

Andre Jute

Dec 13, 2005, 3:35:59 AM12/13/05

Andre Jute wrote:
> Patrick Turner wrote:
> > Andre Jute wrote:

> > > I answer this transparent lie in the thread "Who caused Arny's
> > > humiliation last week? - or - I wouldn't touch Krueger with Ludwig's
> > > dick on a stick"
> > >
> > > Andre Jute
> >
> > Do try not to let yourself get too kroogered this christmas Andre.
> >
> > I am so bloomin busy with so many projects, I have not kept up with all
> > these threads,
> > and threads within threads, and despite so many, 'tis a shabby tapestry
> > methinks.
>
> No one in his right mind wants to stick his hands in shit. But what
> else can you do when dealing with an immoral piece of crap like
> Krueger.

There's something faintly shameful in wasting so much time on Krueger
and his sidekicks only to discover that they have benefited not one
whit from the experience, that they are irredeemable. I guess my
optimism must be as congential and incurable as Krueger's immorality
and the stupidity of his gang of travelling bovverboys.

Andre Jute

Patrick Turner

Dec 13, 2005, 4:40:40 AM12/13/05

Andre Jute wrote:

> Patrick Turner wrote:
> > Andre Jute wrote:

> > > I answer this transparent lie in the thread "Who caused Arny's
> > > humiliation last week? - or - I wouldn't touch Krueger with Ludwig's
> > > dick on a stick"
> > >
> > > Andre Jute
> >
> > Do try not to let yourself get too kroogered this christmas Andre.
> >
> > I am so bloomin busy with so many projects, I have not kept up with all
> > these threads,
> > and threads within threads, and despite so many, 'tis a shabby tapestry
> > methinks.
>
> No one in his right mind wants to stick his hands in shit. But what
> else can you do when dealing with an immoral piece of crap like
> Krueger.

When I used to ride the peloton of the local club races and the occasional
open,
one rode behind the leaders when you were not in front, and
so you are in a slipstream of farts, spit, and sweat and goodness knows what
viruses and bugs.
Occasionlly, I fell to the road hard in crashes.
Because I have thick bones, I never broke any.
( I should have been a rower )

Cycling teaches you that you cannot win everytime, and there is a lot of
muck to put up with, but its instinctively human, this condition,
and has been thus for millenia.

So it sure felt good to ride away from them and over the line first.

> > But the weather is sublime here, we finally had a nice spring after 3
> > years of severe drought
> > where nearly everyone's garden died, and anyone selling swimming pools
> > and garden fountains went broke.
> >

> > Patrick Turner.
>
> I was invited to a wedding in Adelaide and wondered if I should go but
> I need too long to acclimatize to the heat.
>
> Andre Jute

At least 32 hrs of air travel should get you over the hangover.

Unless you are getting married!.

Adelaide sure can be warm, but here in august I wish for
an adelaidian day, and a warm lady every night.

Patrick Turner.

nyo...@peoplepc.com

Dec 15, 2005, 1:18:32 PM12/15/05

"Andre Jute" <fiu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Of course why would anybody want to deal with people like Arny, Stewart or
Graham. People who are actual experts on the subject of audio, what could
you possibly learn from them? What possible benefit could there be by
discussing things with EE's with 90 years or so experience between them?
Better to remain clueless.

Andre Jute

Dec 15, 2005, 4:33:15 PM12/15/05

nyo...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> "Andre Jute" <fiu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > There's something faintly shameful in wasting so much time on Krueger

> > and his sidekicks only to discover that they have benefited not one
> > whit from the experience, that they are irredeemable. I guess my
> > optimism must be as congential and incurable as Krueger's immorality
> > and the stupidity of his gang of travelling bovverboys.
> >

> Of course why would anybody want to deal with people like Arny, Stewart or
> Graham. People who are actual experts on the subject of audio, what could
> you possibly learn from them? What possible benefit could there be by
> discussing things with EE's with 90 years or so experience between them?
> Better to remain clueless.

Take a reading comprehension class, McKelpie (1).

I explained already that I have access to vastly better qualified
engineers and better mannered ones too, from those who helped to create
radar forward to today's giants. I make a phone call and get the
straight gen, or drop a note and get a detailed reply. (How else do you
think I became so knowledgable in only sixteen years in audio
electronics?) It is only people like you who have to make do what with
they can get on the net, the sort of "engineer" of whom I and others
indicate our opinion by the quotation marks.

Krueger probably has a piece of paper punched by some provincial bus
conductor's school; from the evidence his education is not even up to
the level given in a German high school (2). I suspect Graham the
Excrement was educated at a jumped-up polytechnic pretending to be a
university, in the first wave of intake after comprehensives (an
education policy of leftwing wreckers) was implemented in the UK; his
manner and the aridity of his mind speaks volumes of it. As for
Pinkothicko (Pinkerton) and Pompass Plodnick (Pasternack), "engineers"
with Ivy League educations, the money spent on them was wasted and
should instead have been spent on a bright scholarship kid.

You can have them. Indeed, you must have them, since you are too slack
to find better. I found better long before I even heard of these
losers.

Patrick Turner, who is self-educated, is a better engineer than any of
those. He's also been very generous to you. You should open your mind
and think on what he told you.

Andre Jute

(1) Kelpie, a New Zealand sheepdog, a very agreeable pet. At least Arny
Krueger must find McKelpie an agreeable pet. An attack dog poor old
Mike surely isn't, buy he's loyal to the end.

(2) Don't you Europeans ruin my joke on poor old McKelpie. Let him do
his own homework.

Andre Jute

Dec 15, 2005, 4:35:29 PM12/15/05
Anyone seen Poopie after I "dumbed down" his hero Krueger? -- AJ

dizzy

Dec 15, 2005, 6:07:53 PM12/15/05
<nyo...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Of course why would anybody want to deal with people like Arny, Stewart or
>Graham. People who are actual experts on the subject of audio, what could
>you possibly learn from them? What possible benefit could there be by
>discussing things with EE's with 90 years or so experience between them?
>Better to remain clueless.

I must say, I learned a TON, especially about digital audio and the CD
vs. vinyl question, from reading Stewart's postings, archived on
google...

nyo...@peoplepc.com

Dec 15, 2005, 9:21:29 PM12/15/05

"dizzy" <di...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
Since he is a bona fide expert on such things and Andre, not so much.
No surprsie that you don't see andre on RAHE.

George M. Middius

Dec 15, 2005, 9:57:24 PM12/15/05

Wine and cheese improve with age. Speakers get broken in. Leather takes on a
lovely texture and patina. But imbeciles' brains get more and more ossified.

> Since [Pukey Stinkerton] is a bona fide expert on such things and Andre, not so much.

> No surprsie that you don't see andre on RAHE.

duh-Mikey's standard of expertise is which newsgroups a wannabe posts on.
How pathetic.

nyo...@peoplepc.com

Dec 16, 2005, 1:16:01 AM12/16/05

"George M. Middius" <cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net> wrote
in message news:e4b4q1daolhtr2q4b...@4ax.com...
Do you ever get anything right?

I was simply pointing out that a foul lttle shit like Jute con doodoo
couldn't post there becuase he couldn't stand the scrutiny or the no flame
rules. But then enither can you since they require audio to be discussed.

glas...@yahoo.com

Dec 16, 2005, 1:49:01 AM12/16/05
Dear Mr Nyob,
>From the photos on his netsite and the photos that have appeared in his
articles in the technical magazines over the years and from his RAT
postings you can form a good idea of Andre Jute's hi-fi setup. He has
several sets of stacked Quad electrostats and several sizes of Lowther
horns. He has Quad and Audiolab solid state amps and pre-amps. He has
two Quad CD players and various DACs including a tubed DAC. He has SET
amps from some sort of fleapower through 300B SET to 80W SET, plus
pentode and beam tube PP tube amps, including a 300B PP tube amp. He
just told us he has 6000 disks. He designs, builds and modifies his own
gear.
What is it you think Mr Jute could possibly learn on RAH-E? He already
has better hi-fi than anybody on RAH-E. Or do you think he should have
another opportunity to listen to you abuse him endlessly after he tried
to help you out of your ignorance?
Mr Jute is always helpful and generous with his time, knowledge and
components when approached with the respect he deserves. What is it you
expect from him when you abuse him?
Regards,
Gray

Lionel

Dec 16, 2005, 4:51:45 AM12/16/05
George Minus Middius a écrit :

> Wine and cheese improve with age.

Prove this vicious generalization, Minus.

:-D

--
Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?

Dave Weil - Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15 -0500

Patrick Turner

Dec 16, 2005, 6:09:48 AM12/16/05

nyo...@peoplepc.com wrote:

Perhaps I should be oustandingly rude to you, because you come to our
group without a real world name, and you don't sign your posts.

But let's ignore your terrible netiquette in the interests of spreading peace
and goodwill,
and just ask you what clues you would like to bring to us?

Take your time, and in your own words............

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Dec 16, 2005, 6:33:07 AM12/16/05

nyo...@peoplepc.com wrote:

Now I twig, the poster is Andre, I must be half asleep, but at least
I wasn't too rude....
But I went on to ask what clues you bring, and that now is obvious now that I
have realised who you are,
there are plenty of clues the other guys just don't quite understand....
so no agro from me, OK?

I took it that you refer to Arny, Stewart, or Graham having 90 years of clues.

I am not so sure such a 90 year font of wisdom is worth ambling over to and
filling one's cup.
One could get serious stomach cramps, diarea even.

I should have stayed away from this thread, and hastened to my cafe...

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Dec 16, 2005, 6:46:57 AM12/16/05

Andre Jute wrote:

I can't resist this thread again.

I an laughing about the connection to McKelpie.
I musta missed your joke but here in Oz the Kelpie is a breed of brown medium
sized
dog which makes an excellent sheep field management control agent .

They'll stare sheep down, and move em around, bit of a bite here and there, the
sheep
get the message, thus saving the old farmer's legs.

If you ask the farmer what the dog is, ( an exceedingly dumb question
to ask any Oz farmer ), he'll say,

"Well, that's me kelpie."

"Ah, well," you say, and ask " how come you chose McKelpie for a dog's name "

The farmer will maybe grumble mumble something incoherent
about city people and just walk away.

Patrick Turner.

Andre Jute

Dec 16, 2005, 6:52:49 AM12/16/05
You got it right both times, Patrick. When I first read that "90 years"
schtik I was full of admiration for the ironic touch. Then I noticed it
was sent by Nyobe, Queen of the Straight Men, who clearly doesn't have
a sense of humour and intended only the brutish meaning of the words.
The fellow's name is Mike McKelvy; he is the one Middius lampoons as
the blustering stage Irishman Mickey McMickey.

Though I must say I hadn't suspected you of the cruelty of asking this
empty vessel for Krueger's ignorance and malice to give us a clue.
Mickey McMickey has amply demonstrated that he doesn't have a clue,
only slogans and the hammer to smash anyone's tubes that you referred
to the other day.

We've already explained to McKelvy until we're blue in the face, and
heard him tell us how stupid we are, several times. McKelvy is a lost
case.

Having put Krueger back in his kennel, minus several of his front teeth
-- which I don't imagine will stop him crawling out and posturing once
more as an expert on matters he doesn't understand -- it is time for me
to return to the sane precincts of RAT. How about a ride back?

Andre Jute

Andre Jute

Dec 16, 2005, 7:00:37 AM12/16/05

Yeah, considering the impression he made on us, McKelpie will no longer
dream of being Arny's Rottweiler. In fact, I think those sheep he herds
had better be electronic sheep under the control of central computer
to slow them down or they'll run away from him and end up on the road.

Andre Jute
Almost nostalgic for BobC -- but not quite!

Andre Jute

Dec 16, 2005, 7:01:52 AM12/16/05

Yeah, considering the impression he made on us, McKelpie will no longer

dream of being Arny's Rottweiler. In fact, I think those sheep he herds
had better be electronic sheep under the control of central computer

to slow them down or they'll run away from him and end up on the road,
and the stupid dog McKelpie after them, the lot of them roadkill for
the first cattletrain to whizz by. Stupidity is nasty, very.

dave weil

Dec 16, 2005, 8:26:34 AM12/16/05
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:51:45 +0100, Lionel <rf....@siupahc.lenoil>
wrote:

>George Minus Middius a écrit :
>>

>> Wine and cheese improve with age.
>
>Prove this vicious generalization, Minus.

Both your whine AND cheesiness have improved in the couple of years
that you've been here.

George M. Middius

Dec 16, 2005, 8:50:30 AM12/16/05

dave weil said:

> >> Wine and cheese improve with age.
> >
> >Prove this vicious generalization, Minus.
>
> Both your whine AND cheesiness have improved in the couple of years
> that you've been here.

I'll just butt in here to thank Slutty for acknowledging my recent
successful diet. I lost 8 lbs. Thanks for you support, Slut.

dave weil

Dec 16, 2005, 9:36:06 AM12/16/05

Congrats! Now maybe you could return the favor and figure out a way to
cure his wife's wayward ways.

Patrick Turner

Dec 16, 2005, 9:56:24 AM12/16/05

Andre Jute wrote:

> You got it right both times, Patrick. When I first read that "90 years"
> schtik I was full of admiration for the ironic touch. Then I noticed it
> was sent by Nyobe, Queen of the Straight Men, who clearly doesn't have
> a sense of humour and intended only the brutish meaning of the words.
> The fellow's name is Mike McKelvy; he is the one Middius lampoons as
> the blustering stage Irishman Mickey McMickey.
>
> Though I must say I hadn't suspected you of the cruelty of asking this
> empty vessel for Krueger's ignorance and malice to give us a clue.
> Mickey McMickey has amply demonstrated that he doesn't have a clue,
> only slogans and the hammer to smash anyone's tubes that you referred
> to the other day.
>
> We've already explained to McKelvy until we're blue in the face, and
> heard him tell us how stupid we are, several times. McKelvy is a lost
> case.
>
> Having put Krueger back in his kennel, minus several of his front teeth
> -- which I don't imagine will stop him crawling out and posturing once
> more as an expert on matters he doesn't understand -- it is time for me
> to return to the sane precincts of RAT. How about a ride back?

Well fine, if you don't mind the indignity of the chariot, a mere
Ford Laser, 86 model.....

At present r.a.t is very busy, and only mild levels of acrimony.

Maybe its the cooler nth hemi weather driving people to their heated bottles,
and the dim cold afternoon gloom is forcing ppl
into their dens away from the gardening, and the raking up of autumn's leaves
with their coloured glories perished to the earthly turn where soon the shortest day

will be.
Perhaps a stab at something tubical looms in a few of their minds,
but I would forgive any of them if they use transistors or fets,
as long as they don't preach that what they build is invariably 247 dB superior.

Patrick Turner.

Annika1980

Dec 16, 2005, 11:49:09 AM12/16/05
>I'll just butt in here to thank Slutty for acknowledging my recent
>successful diet. I lost 8 lbs. Thanks for you support, Slut.

So you took a shit?

Lionel

Dec 16, 2005, 4:23:22 PM12/16/05
dave "deaf" weil a écrit :

Redneck humour ?

Lionel

Dec 16, 2005, 4:25:21 PM12/16/05
George Minus Middius a écrit :

> I lost 8 lbs. Thanks for you support, Slut.

Can you see your dick now ? ;-)

Lionel

Dec 16, 2005, 4:28:31 PM12/16/05
dave "deaf" weil a écrit :

> Congrats! Now maybe you could return the favor and figure out a way to

> cure his wife's wayward ways.

Maybe you could try to find one Dave...
You sound so sadly frustrated.

dizzy

Dec 16, 2005, 8:11:10 PM12/16/05
glas...@yahoo.com wrote:

>He has
>two Quad CD players and various DACs including a tubed DAC. He has SET
>amps from some sort of fleapower through 300B SET to 80W SET, plus
>pentode and beam tube PP tube amps, including a 300B PP tube amp. He
>just told us he has 6000 disks. He designs, builds and modifies his own
>gear.
>What is it you think Mr Jute could possibly learn on RAH-E? He already
>has better hi-fi than anybody on RAH-E.

Like his "tubed DAC"? LOL

paul packer

Dec 18, 2005, 7:50:24 AM12/18/05
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:50:30 -0500, George M. Middius <cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net> wrote:

You call that successful, George, when you were 328 to start with?

George M. Middius

Dec 18, 2005, 8:00:38 AM12/18/05

paul packer said:

> >I'll just butt in here to thank Slutty for acknowledging my recent
> >successful diet. I lost 8 lbs.

> You call that successful, George, when you were 328 to start with?

Take it easy, paulie. This is Lionella's moment to shine.

paul packer

Dec 18, 2005, 8:50:27 AM12/18/05
On 15 Dec 2005 22:49:01 -0800, glas...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Dear Mr Nyob,
>>From the photos on his netsite and the photos that have appeared in his
>articles in the technical magazines over the years and from his RAT
>postings you can form a good idea of Andre Jute's hi-fi setup. He has
>several sets of stacked Quad electrostats and several sizes of Lowther
>horns. He has Quad and Audiolab solid state amps and pre-amps. He has
>two Quad CD players and various DACs including a tubed DAC. He has SET
>amps from some sort of fleapower through 300B SET to 80W SET, plus
>pentode and beam tube PP tube amps, including a 300B PP tube amp. He
>just told us he has 6000 disks. He designs, builds and modifies his own
>gear.
>What is it you think Mr Jute could possibly learn on RAH-E? He already
>has better hi-fi than anybody on RAH-E. Or do you think he should have
>another opportunity to listen to you abuse him endlessly after he tried
>to help you out of your ignorance?
>Mr Jute is always helpful and generous with his time, knowledge and
>components when approached with the respect he deserves. What is it you
>expect from him when you abuse him?
>Regards,
>Gray

Gee, Mr. Gray, you must know Andre terribly well. I hope you two
aren't shacking up together. :-)

paul packer

Dec 18, 2005, 9:17:35 AM12/18/05
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:00:38 -0500, George M. Middius <cmndr

[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net> wrote:

Isn't that a bit optimistic?

glas...@yahoo.com

Dec 18, 2005, 3:05:08 PM12/18/05

I shared an apartment with him for two years over thirty years ago. I
thought I would share in the girls of a fellow who published poetry
*and* was on a jock fellowship. I was very disappointed. The girls were
in the library, doing Andre's research while he played polo in South
America and I was in the Dean's office explaining why Andre shouldn't
be expelled for being an "invisible A grade scholar". It rubbed the
establishment that Andre would arrive in the early hours, write a fast
paper, get the top mark, tell les girls what to research next and be
off to race power boats or cars. Andre was absolutely charming when you
could pin him down but his attention span for inessentials is ten
seconds. I am surprised that he has remained interested in electronics
for fifteen years.
I haven't seen him since he let his place in Manhattan go but I return
to his netsites and his articles like everyone else with a hi-fi. I
also build his amps when he publishes designs. I built up that list of
his his hi-fi just studying published photographs and his postings on
the net.
My first name is Gray.
Regards
Gray