Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

anyone mixing to the Alesis Masterlink?

閲覧: 7 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Druhms

未読、
2001/08/17 15:22:032001/08/17
To:
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys were mixing to the Alesis Masterlink? They
sure have some high priced endorcees raving about the thing. Are the
converters what they claim they are?
Thanks for the input,
JJ
www.BoogieTracks.com

Scott Dorsey

未読、
2001/08/17 16:39:382001/08/17
To:
Druhms <dru...@aol.com> wrote:

>I was wondering if any of you guys were mixing to the Alesis Masterlink? They
>sure have some high priced endorcees raving about the thing. Are the
>converters what they claim they are?

I have used it. The converters didn't seem all that good to me, but that's
not a problem since I could use my own external ones. It's a very convenient
way to transport your mix to the mastering house without having to knock it
down to 16 bits to fit onto DAT.
--scott

Mike Rivers

未読、
2001/08/17 20:51:252001/08/17

> I was wondering if any of you guys were mixing to the Alesis Masterlink? They
> sure have some high priced endorcees raving about the thing. Are the
> converters what they claim they are?

Probably every bit (all 24) what they claim. But I suspect that the
high priced endorsers are either going directly in digitally or
through some high priced A/D converters.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mri...@d-and-d.com)

Lou Gimenez

未読、
2001/08/18 9:41:522001/08/18
To:
I mix to a masterlink, amoung other formats, the convenience of the thing is
great, and I think the converters are OK, but better converters are on my
shopping list
--Lou Gimenez
The Music Lab
2" 24track w all the Goodies
www.musiclabnyc.com

Jon Best

未読、
2001/08/23 21:12:562001/08/23
To:
I use it, although I only have used the converters in location stuff- I
certainly have no complaints about them. Head and shoulders above my Otari
DAT's converters. I'd call them solidly midrange, without glaring faults.

--
Jon Best
Muddy Creek Audio
Druhms <dru...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ward Archer

未読、
2001/08/23 19:29:042001/08/23
To:
I've mixed quite a few projects with it. It is a good machine. It can
sound harsh sometimes, depending on the material. I'm thinking of
experimenting with an external converter -like the Apogee and see how that
sounds. The Masterlink is a great idea. Functionally, it's a great
advancement over the DAT machine. The DSP is a little hard to get used to.
I mainly use the limiter function and occasionally use the EQ. I don't
understand why another company hasn't developed one yet. For the price, you
can't beat it.

Ward Archer

"Jon Best" <jon...@amexol.net> wrote in message

Druhms

未読、
2001/08/24 1:53:392001/08/24
To:
It does seem pretty cool to have your mixes saved in 24 bits to send to your
mastering guy, but are the mastering guys buying these things? The guy I use
to master doesn't have one. Do you think these will become as standard as a
DAT in the mastering room?
Thanks,
JJ
www.BoogieTracks.com

Lou Gimenez

未読、
2001/08/24 10:49:022001/08/24
To:
From what I've read most mastering houses have added these things, and I
also wonder why someone else hasnt made one of these boxes

--Lou Gimenez
The Music Lab
2" 24track w all the Goodies
www.musiclabnyc.com

> From: dru...@aol.com (Druhms)
> Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro

Jay - atldigi

未読、
2001/08/24 19:52:352001/08/24
To:
In article <B7D4C02D.AA75%musi...@att.net>, Lou Gimenez
<musi...@att.net> wrote:

> From what I've read most mastering houses have added these things, and I
> also wonder why someone else hasnt made one of these boxes
> --Lou Gimenez
>

> > From: dru...@aol.com (Druhms)
> >
> > It does seem pretty cool to have your mixes saved in 24 bits to send to
> > your
> > mastering guy, but are the mastering guys buying these things? The
> > guy I use
> > to master doesn't have one. Do you think these will become as standard
> > as a
> > DAT in the mastering room?
> > Thanks,
> > JJ
> > www.BoogieTracks.com

They aren't as common as a DAT, nor do I think they'll have quite that
much penetration, but they are fairly common in mastering studios at
this time. I agree that it's strange that no other similar box has been
made. There are a few features that could be added that would really
make something like this sell like gangbusters and be quite a useful
tool. I hope Alesis' new management plans a Masterlink 2, and that they
call me ask what I'd like to see in it!

Holding my breath...

-Jay Frigoletto
www.promastering.com

Jon Best

未読、
2001/08/26 4:25:042001/08/26
To:
A lot of mastering houses do have these, and most mac based DAW's will open
the files as well- the CD24's are just .aif files. I believe my favorite
guy opens the files with Bias Peak, and then transfers to Sonic.

--
Jon Best
Muddy Creek Audio

Lou Gimenez <musi...@att.net> wrote in message

SOFAKING

未読、
2001/08/29 0:33:482001/08/29
To:
<< There are a few features that could be added that would really make
something like this sell like gangbusters >>

Agreed
id love see a word clock input

Sean
.