See Amazon reviews of Denon's blissful cable

s...@ao1.com

Jun 23, 2008, 7:39:26 PM6/23/08

Richard Crowley

Jun 23, 2008, 8:19:26 PM6/23/08
<s...@ao1.com> wrote ...
> http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000I1X6PM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/105-8770533-9603641?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

It is not clear from the photo exactly what kind of cable/
connectors this is (although it looks like a cheap 4C4P
modular connector like the kind used on telephone hand
sets). And the "Marketing Description is not available."

OTOH, "Connector and cable structure designed to thoroughly
eliminate adverse effects from vibration" and "Rounded plug
lever on connector to prevent bending or breaking "

Regular price $500, but Amazon will send you one for only
$499! such a deal! "You save $1.00" (plus shipping and
of course you would want to insure it.)

Note some of the viewer-supplied tags. I'ts amazing that
Amazon doesn't police these.... :-)

snake oil (364)
ripoff (324)
waste of money (301)
throwing your money away (275)
unconscionable (252)
stupid (219)
immoral (191)
pure garbage (190)
cheat (181)
astronomically dumb (5)
tax on the stupid (5)
as effective as using dog hair (4)
fraud (4)
nonsense (4)
rofl (4)
time space (4)
wizards_made_th is (4)
how do they get through the door with balls that big (3)
pt barnum (3)
shameful (3)
audiofool hardware (2)
bogus (2)
corporate taxation of the uneducated (2)
cures cancer (2)
ecstacy godlike troll-killing superwmd ubercable (2)
for morons (2)
fraudulent (2)
genital enlargement device (2)
giraffe food (2)
i can not belive it is not butter (2)
insane (2)
intvestigative report catalyst (2)
iq test (2)
lies (2)
makes drugs look economical (2)
only non-kryptonite substance able to restrain superman (2)
pt barnum would be proud (2)
rip off (2)
snakeoil (2)
wtf (2)
500 dollar ethernet cable (1)
a bucket of spunk (1)
a fool and his money (1)
absolute crap (1)
all your audio are belong to denon (1)
atrocious ripoff (1)
audiophile porn (1)
barnum was right (1)
better living through binary intercourse (1)
better than an al gore backrub (1)
better than arc reactor (1)
better than sex with a blender (1)
bull shizzle (1)
burning money (1)
cable of the gods (1)
completly overpriced (1)
deceptive (1)
deceptively delicious (1)

Chris Hornbeck

Jun 23, 2008, 9:26:08 PM6/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:39:26 -0400, s...@ao1.com wrote:

>http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000I1X6PM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/105-8770533-9603641?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Great, great stuff. It's hard to pick a favorite, but:

" Richard D. King "RKing" (Florida):
I think Monster will probably sue because they came up with the
original idea of ripping off the public and now Denon is stealing
their concept."

has a nice balance of lightness and ferocity.

Much thanks,

Chris Hornbeck

Chris Hornbeck

Jun 23, 2008, 11:21:04 PM6/23/08

Even better: "I can walk again."

The milk's coming out my nose, this reference has so much
funny stuff.

And so appropriate on the day of George Carlin's death. He
wouldda liked it too.

Chris Hornbeck

Jun 23, 2008, 11:57:19 PM6/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:19:26 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
<rcro...@xp7rt.net> wrote:

>It is not clear from the photo exactly what kind of cable/
>connectors this is (although it looks like a cheap 4C4P
>modular connector like the kind used on telephone hand
>sets). And the "Marketing Description is not available."

Denon link is RJ45 connectors on a cat-5 cable, T-568B IIRC,
and I'm actually amazed that they're associated with this
"venture". It's certainly not like them.

Makes for some funny stuff though. I especially loved your:

>ecstacy godlike troll-killing superwmd ubercable (2)

and:

>all your audio are belong to denon (1)

although

>audiophile porn (1)

is probably a little too close to the truth.

To give Denon their due, they've both pushed HDMI 1.3 standardization,
(which is what the marketing folks took from the third yard line to
the next county, above), and held (some...) products until the
standards were in place.

They've also worked towards a consumer electronics model with the
firmware-upgradable-over-ethernet and HDMI as standards. Good work,
I believe, for consumer electronics (and for us all).

They're not as light on their feet as say, Crestron, who years
ago adopted RS485 as "Crestnet" and are now implementing "power
over ethernet", but Denon has the gravitas to make a good thing
a standard.

Enough back-pedalling; that's still about the single funniest
web-page I've ever seen.

And anyway, much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck

Chris Hornbeck

Sep 23, 2008, 8:14:41 PM9/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:19:26 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
<rcro...@xp7rt.net> wrote:

This is back up if anybody missed it.

Swallow your milk first!
Chris Hornbeck

William Sommerwerck

Sep 23, 2008, 8:52:03 PM9/23/08
I like the fact that the "most useful" positive review is, of course, a
rather obvious comic put-down of the product.

William Sommerwerck

Sep 23, 2008, 8:52:37 PM9/23/08
If you want a good "cheap" cable, look at the AR MS230 series.

Ben Bradley

Sep 24, 2008, 12:17:17 AM9/24/08
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 00:14:41 GMT, Chris Hornbeck
<chrishornbe...@att.net> wrote:

Was it only three months ago this thread was started? Here's the
"other" thread on the topic, "The cable review that John Atkinson is
afraid to publish"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.pro/browse_thread/thread/c7c7280bacc57c29

And the actual Denon page for this actual product is actually still
up:

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3429.asp

Jay Ts

Sep 24, 2008, 12:44:49 AM9/24/08
Chris Hornbeck wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:19:26 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
> <rcro...@xp7rt.net> wrote:
>
>><s...@ao1.com> wrote ...
>>> http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000I1X6PM/
ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/105-8770533-9603641?%
5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Thanks, that is brilliant, and really made my day.
Don't miss the product's main page as well, especially
under "What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?"
and "Tags Customers Associate with This Product."

Jay Ts
--
To contact me, use this web page:
http://www.jayts.com/contact.php

Richard Crowley

Sep 24, 2008, 12:50:52 AM9/24/08
Direct quote from Amazon web page....

"Customers who viewed this item also viewed...
"Lincoln Industrial 1133 16 Ounce 2 Way Loading
Lever Action Grease Gun with 18-Inch Whip"

anahata

Sep 24, 2008, 3:10:09 AM9/24/08
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:52:03 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

> I like the fact that the "most useful" positive review is, of course, a
> rather obvious comic put-down of the product.

I like that too, but note it's unoriginal, being a direct ripoff of the
classic Turbo-encabulator description. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator
for example.

--
Anahata
ana...@treewind.co.uk ==//== 01638 720444

William Sommerwerck

Sep 24, 2008, 7:12:33 AM9/24/08
"Richard Crowley" <rcro...@xp7rt.net> wrote in message

I don't know whether that was intentional, but it sure is appropriate.

david correia

Sep 26, 2008, 1:16:57 AM9/26/08
> It's full of stars!, June 20, 2008
> By
> S. Mayo - See all my reviews
>
> If Denon had captured the Divine light of creation and distiled it into 1.5
> meters of ultramegaradioactive copper, it could not have been better than
> this cable. Just holding the packaging it comes in, I can see distant
> galaxies and, though you may not believe it, hear what the aliens there are
> thinking.

Bravo!

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com