Pioneer A-400

Steve Zipser

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
Boonie Dude:
Pioneer attempted to market some of their high-end components here in the
US years ago - they were called System 20 by Pioneer, and they fizzled
like a Jamaican Bobsled Team. I imagine that they are extremely gunshy
about bringing in anything in two channel stereo - as are most of the
Japanese companies. Their attempts at two channel highend have flopped
for years in the US. The British are more gullible.
Cheers
Zip

In article <19990808202225...@ng-cl1.aol.com>,
boon...@aol.com says...

--
Sunshine Stereo,Inc http://sunshinestereo.com Tel: 305-757-9358
9535 Biscayne Blvd Miami Shores, FL 33138 Fax: 305-757-1367

Trevor Wilson

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

Steve Zipser <z...@sunshinestereo.com> wrote in message

> Boonie Dude:
> Pioneer attempted to market some of their high-end components here in the
> US years ago - they were called System 20 by Pioneer, and they fizzled
> like a Jamaican Bobsled Team. I imagine that they are extremely gunshy
> about bringing in anything in two channel stereo - as are most of the
> Japanese companies. Their attempts at two channel highend have flopped
> for years in the US. The British are more gullible.
> Cheers

**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible. The
British, typically run much smaller sound systems, than US owners do. In any
case, the A400 was a pretty decent sounding product. I have heard them on a
few occaisions. It was an exercise is good, basic, honest value. Much like
the early NAD's.

--
Cheers,

Trevor Wilson

http://www.hutch.com.au/~rage

Steve Zipser

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
In article <4vrr3.2537$X4....@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, ra...@hutch.com.au
says...

> Steve Zipser <z...@sunshinestereo.com> wrote in message
> > Boonie Dude:
> > Pioneer attempted to market some of their high-end components here in the
> > US years ago - they were called System 20 by Pioneer, and they fizzled
> > like a Jamaican Bobsled Team. I imagine that they are extremely gunshy
> > about bringing in anything in two channel stereo - as are most of the
> > Japanese companies. Their attempts at two channel highend have flopped
> > for years in the US. The British are more gullible.
> > Cheers
>
> **Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.

Well, G*d save the queen and the empire and all that, but I'm not buying
that one for a minute Trevor! When Pioneer released the System 20 in
Japan, it bombed. When they released it in the US, it bombed. When they
released it in the UK, it sold ;-)
Cheers
Zip

Trevor Wilson

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

> In article <4vrr3.2537$X4....@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, ra...@hutch.com.au
> says...
> >
> > Steve Zipser <z...@sunshinestereo.com> wrote in message
> > > Boonie Dude:
> > > Pioneer attempted to market some of their high-end components here in
the
> > > US years ago - they were called System 20 by Pioneer, and they fizzled
> > > like a Jamaican Bobsled Team. I imagine that they are extremely
gunshy
> > > about bringing in anything in two channel stereo - as are most of the
> > > Japanese companies. Their attempts at two channel highend have
flopped
> > > for years in the US. The British are more gullible.
> > > Cheers
> >
> > **Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
>
> Well, G*d save the queen and the empire and all that, but I'm not buying
> that one for a minute Trevor! When Pioneer released the System 20 in
> Japan, it bombed. When they released it in the US, it bombed. When they
> released it in the UK, it sold ;-)
> Cheers
> Zip

**I don't know the System 20. I do know the A400. I also know that Poms
(British) tend to have smaller systems than Americans do. Aussie's are
somewhere in the middle. It probably has a lot to do with:
Size of houses and listening rooms.
Disposable income.
Price of equipment.
HIstorical frugality forced upon Poms, during two world wars.

That it (the A400) bombed in the US, may have nothing to do with it's
inherent quality. It may have more to do with marketing and the US
preference for high power amplification.

Remember this: The US critics panned the Linnn Sondek, when it was first
released. They later learned how good it was. Krell gave up trying to launch
it's products in the US and released it in the UK (full scale) first. The
Poms are very good at building very good, small (<100Watts/ch) amplifiers.
That is the 'hot' end of the market in the UK. It is the British input, into
Rotel that has allowed it to dominate that upper mid fi end of the market,
in most markets.

Don't underestimate the British influence on mid-high end audio. They have a
vibrant and healthy industry, which is remarkable, considering the
formidable problems facing the producers in that country. Witness brands
like: Rega, Linn, Naim, Sugden, Creek, Meridian, Arcam,Cyrus, Quad, ProAc,
Michell, B&W, etc, etc. All excellent products, with long pedigrees. I have
great respect for the British hi fi industry. It has given a great deal to
the whole world, over many years.

Steve Zipser

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
In article <7Csr3.2562$X4....@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, ra...@hutch.com.au
says...

> Remember this: The US critics panned the Linnn Sondek, when it was first
> released.

Depends on who you talk to.

> They later learned how good it was. Krell gave up trying to launch
> it's products in the US and released it in the UK (full scale) first.

WRONG! I knew Dan way back when and it was Peter Aczel, The Audio Critic
that first raved about the Krell amplifiers before idiots like Martin
Colloms and such started raving about it.

The
> Poms are very good at building very good, small (<100Watts/ch) amplifiers.
> That is the 'hot' end of the market in the UK. It is the British input, into
> Rotel that has allowed it to dominate that upper mid fi end of the market,
> in most markets.

But not the US market - where Parasound makes a better product.
Zip

Marc Phillips

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Trevor Wilson said:

>**I don't know the System 20. I do know the A400. I also know that Poms
>(British) tend to have smaller systems than Americans do. Aussie's are
>somewhere in the middle. It probably has a lot to do with:
>Size of houses and listening rooms.
>Disposable income.

>Price of equipment.
>HIstorical frugality forced upon Poms, during two world wars.
>
>That it (the A400) bombed in the US, may have nothing to do with it's
>inherent quality. It may have more to do with marketing and the US
>preference for high power amplification.

>Remember this: The US critics panned the Linnn Sondek, when it was first
>released. They later learned how good it was. Krell gave up trying to launch
>it's products in the US and released it in the UK (full scale) first. The

>Poms are very good at building very good, small (<100Watts/ch

>very good, small (<100Watts/ch) amplifiers.
>That is the 'hot' end of the market in the UK. It is the British input, into
>Rotel that has allowed it to dominate that upper mid fi end of the market,
>in most markets.

>Don't underestimate the British influence on mid-high end audio. They have a

>vibrant and healthy industry, which is remarkable, considering the
>formidable problems facing the producers in that country. Witness brands
>like: Rega, Linn, Naim, Sugden, Creek, Meridian, Arcam,Cyrus,

>Quad, ProAc,
>Michell, B&W, etc, etc. All excellent products, with long pedigrees. I have
>great respect for the British hi fi industry. It has given a great deal to
>the whole world, over many years.

I agree wholeheartedly. Until I purchased a vintage Marantz tuner a couple of
weeks ago, I could proudly say that my system was 100% British...Naim, Spendor,
Rega. I've always loved the way British hi-fi sounded; I lived in a small
apartment for years and I always felt that British equipment performed much
better in small rooms than the US counterparts. Now I live in a much larger
house, and I still love the British stuff!

Boon

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
z...@sunshinestereo.com (Steve Zipser) wrote:

>Boonie Dude:
>Pioneer attempted to market some of their high-end components here in the
>US years ago - they were called System 20 by Pioneer, and they fizzled
>like a Jamaican Bobsled Team. I imagine that they are extremely gunshy
>about bringing in anything in two channel stereo - as are most of the
>Japanese companies. Their attempts at two channel highend have flopped
>for years in the US. The British are more gullible.

Fuck you, you slimy lizard.

When are you going to start filling in sales receipts for
your customers? When are you going to stop lying as much as
Krooger?

__

*** Retch update and redesign due out soon . . . ish ***
www.pcavretch.cjb.net
Roy Briggs : Remove 'ZZ' for e-mail reply

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:

>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.

The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .

Edward M. Shain

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:30:09 GMT,
Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:

>"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:
>
>>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
>
>The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
>me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
>that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
>loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
>British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
>only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
>can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .

Huh?

Jewish sales conmen????????

Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?

Ed

Steve Zipser

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
In article <37b6f8a1...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net says...

> On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:30:09 GMT,
> Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:
>
> >"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
> >
> >The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
> >me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
> >that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
> >loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
> >British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
> >only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
> >can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .
>
> Huh?
>
> Jewish sales conmen????????
>
> Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?
>
> Ed
> >__

Did Roy write that? Wow - his true colors are comming out.
I think that says it all, and puts him in a class with the McMoron
brothers. Frankly, I'm surprised - I thought Roy had a bit more class
than that. Oh well, to each, his own.
Zip

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net (Edward M. Shain) wrote:

> Jewish sales conmen????????

The same thing as gullible British, Ed.

> Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?

Hope that clears it up.

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
z...@sunshinestereo.com (Steve Zipser) wrote:

>Did Roy write that? Wow - his true colors are comming out.

And what colours would those be, Steve?

>I think that says it all, and puts him in a class with the McMoron
>brothers.

LOL! Yeah, sure.

Edward M. Shain

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 16:31:54 GMT,
Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:

>Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net (Edward M. Shain) wrote:
>
>> Jewish sales conmen????????
>
>The same thing as gullible British, Ed.
>
>> Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?
>
>Hope that clears it up.

OK. Thanks.

Ed

jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:30:09 GMT,
>Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:
>
>>"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
>>
>>The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
>>me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
>>that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
>>loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
>>British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
>>only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
>>can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .
>
> Huh?
>
> Jewish sales conmen????????
>
> Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?
>
> Ed

Whoa. It looks clear enough to me :-(

It reads just like those lines about borg scientists, too, except for
the fact that they have yet to line up scientists in a room and gas them ;_(

Any chance that was a forgery, folks? (Not Shain's article, the
one from Mr. Author.)
--
Copyright j...@research.att.com 1999, all rights reserved, except transmission
by USENET and like facilities granted. This notice must be included. Any

Steve Zipser (Sunshine Stereo)

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
MY apologies, I should have used the term Gullible British Hifi Press.
I did not direct this towards the UK's audiophile population.

However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence, Roy.
Zip

The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net (Edward M. Shain) wrote:
>
> > Jewish sales conmen????????
>
> The same thing as gullible British, Ed.
>

> > Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?
>

> Hope that clears it up.

Robin May

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

"The British are more gullible."

Zip, you do post some bullshit and some non bullshit. With this you have tipped
the balance towards bullshit.

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
"Steve Zipser (Sunshine Stereo)" <z...@sunshinestereo.com>
wrote:

>MY apologies, I should have used the term Gullible British Hifi Press.

Bullshit. You and I both know it was a slur on British
people, just as was your calling Stewart Pinkerton an
English Pansy another slur on English people, you knowing
full well he's Scottish and the history of Scots and the
English.

>However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
>unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence, Roy.

Fuck you, Zip. What's good for one is good for all. You see,
I consider your slurs just as offensive as you consider even
a *mention* of your ethnicity. And notice I didn't say Jews
are idiots, pansies, or gullible like you did. *That* would
have been an ethnic slur.

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
j...@research.att.com (jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist)
JJ witch wrote:

>Whoa. It looks clear enough to me :-(

>It reads just like those lines about borg scientists, too, except for
>the fact that they have yet to line up scientists in a room and gas them ;_(

>Any chance that was a forgery, folks? (Not Shain's article, the
>one from Mr. Author.)

Thanks a bunch, Ed.

This makes me sick.

Fuck the lot of you. (And no, that's not because you're
Jewish, it's because you're a bunch of PC dickheads).

jennifer

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Edward M. Shain wrote:

> Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:52:31 GMT
> From: Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
> Subject: Re: Pioneer A-400

> On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:30:09 GMT,
> Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:
>
> >"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
> >
> >The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
> >me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
> >that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
> >loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
> >British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
> >only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
> >can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .
>
> Huh?
>
> Jewish sales conmen????????
>

> Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?
>

> Ed

> >__
> >
> >*** Retch update and redesign due out soon . . . ish ***
> >www.pcavretch.cjb.net
> >Roy Briggs : Remove 'ZZ' for e-mail reply

"Clarify"? Hell that was so crystal clear I feel like I got my sight
back!!! But then, racism isn't usually very difficult to see, is it?

Edward M. Shain

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 17:52:00 GMT,
Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:

>j...@research.att.com (jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist)
>JJ witch wrote:
>
>>Whoa. It looks clear enough to me :-(
>
>>It reads just like those lines about borg scientists, too, except for
>>the fact that they have yet to line up scientists in a room and gas them ;_(
>
>>Any chance that was a forgery, folks? (Not Shain's article, the
>>one from Mr. Author.)
>
>Thanks a bunch, Ed.

That was JJ you're responding to, not me. You clarified, and I
acknowledged. Now you're just shooting the messenger. I didn't write
the post. You did.

Sometimes a message gets misinterpreted. If it does, one just
acknowledges and moves on. You seem to be taking a different tack
here.

>This makes me sick.
>
>Fuck the lot of you. (And no, that's not because you're
>Jewish, it's because you're a bunch of PC dickheads).

No. People are responding to an out-of-character,
out-of-the-blue extremely pungent remark you made that is always taken
as a profound slur over here long before there was such a thing as PC.

I accept you didn't mean it as it was taken, but it is
*always* taken that way on this side of the pond.

Let's move one, shall we?

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
jennifer <har...@deltaforce.net> wrote:

>"Clarify"? Hell that was so crystal clear I feel like I got my sight
>back!!! But then, racism isn't usually very difficult to see, is it?

If you think that was racism, you are an idiot. Allow me to
tell you what I think is a racist comment, you stupid cunt.
Please brace yourself because I fear you will want to
believe Hitler has returned from the dead: Jews are subhuman
thieving bastards ruining American life and should be
killed.

Is that clear enough?

When you see me express sympathy with that viewpoint, you
may hang me. If I am ever going to make a racist comment,
you will see it right there plain as day; you won't have to
go hunting to find it. It will resonate deafeningly in your
empty brain cavity. And you'll have to be quick to hang me,
BTW, because chances are I will have already beaten you to
it.

Oh, and BTW, you make me thoroughly sick. Both you, Ed, and
JJ. That has nothing to do with your blindness or your
Jewishness or your retardation, respectively. It is because
I find your eagerness to condemn without thought or question
just as hideous as I find mindless discrimination on ANY
grounds.

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net (Edward M. Shain) wrote:

>>Thanks a bunch, Ed.

> That was JJ you're responding to, not me.

It only takes one to plant the seed before the accusations
start piling in. Jesus, you should know what Zipser's like.
Your completely sidestepping every clarification I've given
you hasn't exactly helped.

>You clarified, and I acknowledged. Now you're just shooting
>the messenger. I didn't write the post. You did.

That's very true, Ed. But the PC Police were apparently
resting until you decided to ring the racism bell.

Oh fuck it, I really can't be bothered with this any more.

[snip]

I admit it, I hate Jews. I wasted nearly four hundred pounds
last month on the phone talking with them from RAO. I didn't
enjoy a single minute of it. All the while I couldn't get
out of my head how disgusting the person was I was talking
to, how inferior they were to me, and how I'd love to mail
them a bomb and blow them up.

I hate gays aswell. Don't believe a single word I've written
in support of people's right to be who they are. Disregard
everything I've written to date about the right of equality
and believe Jen and Zipshit and JJ. JJ's a scientist, after
all. I'm sure he in particular knows my own mind better than
I do.

jennifer

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, The Devil wrote:

> Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 20:18:42 GMT
> From: The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk>

> Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
> Subject: Re: Pioneer A-400
>

> __
>
> *** Retch update and redesign due out soon . . . ish ***
> www.pcavretch.cjb.net
> Roy Briggs : Remove 'ZZ' for e-mail reply

Get real, Roy! It's no more okay for you to take pot shots at Arny with
Nate and Zip with racism, than it would be okay for anyone to do the same
to you with the death of your little girl. Some things should just never
be - joked - about, and that's from someone who cares little about the
joke of political correctness.

"Brace myself"? Damn right!!! I almost choked on the self righteousness
oozing throughout your last few posts.

Jen

GeoSynch

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Steve Zipser inquired:

> Edward M. Shain puzzled:

> >Roy 'The Devil' Briggs retched:

> > >Trevor Wilson sniffed:

> > >The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
> > >me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
> > >that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
> > >loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
> > >British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
> > >only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
> > >can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .

> > Huh?

> > Jewish sales conmen????????

> > Perhaps you might clarify a bit here?

> Did Roy write that? Wow - his true colors are comming out.

> I think that says it all, and puts him in a class with the McMoron

> brothers. Frankly, I'm surprised - I thought Roy had a bit more class
> than that. Oh well, to each, his own.

You'll have to forgive Auntie.
She forgot to take her PMS pills.
And, wouldn't you know it, she's
fresh out of tampons, as well.
There's blood and yuck running
down her hairy legs.
She hammered her thumb whilst
dawdling on her subwoofer project.
On top of all that, she's having a bad hair day.
She's just all out of sorts today.

GeoSynch

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
jennifer <har...@deltaforce.net> wrote:

>Get real, Roy! It's no more okay for you to take pot shots at Arny with
>Nate and Zip with racism, than it would be okay for anyone to do the same
>to you with the death of your little girl. Some things should just never
>be - joked - about, and that's from someone who cares little about the
>joke of political correctness.

That was not a JOKE, Jen.

>"Brace myself"? Damn right!!! I almost choked on the self righteousness
>oozing throughout your last few posts.

OK, I give up. You tell me what I'm supposed to say. Make a
point (using a deliberately ambiguous sentence) and you're
racist. Respond to the accusations of racism with an
explanation of how you detest discrimination, how it was in
fact a national slur (and not the first) that spurred your
initial reaction, and what the intention of the post was,
and you not only remain racist but are now also
self-righteous.

You guys (not a slur on you being a woman, BTW) are fucking
nuts. Perhaps it's best some people are blind. I've no doubt
you'd like to stab me if you could find me.

(A deliberately inflammatory comment to idiot blind people).

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
"GeoSynch" <geos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>You'll have to forgive Auntie.
>She forgot to take her PMS pills.
>And, wouldn't you know it, she's
>fresh out of tampons, as well.
>There's blood and yuck running
>down her hairy legs.
>She hammered her thumb whilst
>dawdling on her subwoofer project.
>On top of all that, she's having a bad hair day.
>She's just all out of sorts today.

Not bad.

BTW, Geo, what's your take on Jews? Do you find them as
abominable as them there pesky fags and abortion doctors?

Steve Zipser

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
[This followup was posted to rec.audio.opinion and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

> On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, The Devil wrote:
> Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 20:18:42 GMT
> From: The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk>
> Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
> Subject: Re: Pioneer A-400
>
> jennifer <har...@deltaforce.net> wrote:
>
> >"Clarify"? Hell that was so crystal clear I feel like I got my sight
> >back!!! But then, racism isn't usually very difficult to see, is it?
>
> If you think that was racism, you are an idiot.

Oh? Was it a parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ironic? Sarcastic?
Sorry, Roy, it was none of the above. It was out and out ugliness and
has no business anywhere.

> Allow me to tell you what I think is a racist comment, you stupid cunt.

And now you cross over the line. You are, simply put an angry lowlife
pig, with no sense of self worth.

> Please brace yourself because I fear you will want to
> believe Hitler has returned from the dead: Jews are subhuman
> thieving bastards ruining American life and should be

Perhaps we all own the mines you Welshmen have slaved away in all those
years? Maybe we own the banks and earn money from you life's work?

No maybes about it, you have stepped beyond the bounds of dec ensy and
good taste. Jen Burton is a pretty OK person, who is here to talk audio
and music, unlike yourself, and only lashes out when really pushed, and I
hope she doesn't even bother to answer you again, sir. You aren't worth
another answer ever.
Steve Zipser

Robin May

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

> "Steve Zipser (Sunshine Stereo)" <z...@sunshinestereo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >MY apologies, I should have used the term Gullible British Hifi Press.
>
> Bullshit. You and I both know it was a slur on British
> people, just as was your calling Stewart Pinkerton an
> English Pansy another slur on English people, you knowing
> full well he's Scottish and the history of Scots and the
> English.
>
> >However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
> >unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence, Roy.
>
> Fuck you, Zip. What's good for one is good for all. You see,
> I consider your slurs just as offensive as you consider even
> a *mention* of your ethnicity. And notice I didn't say Jews
> are idiots, pansies, or gullible like you did. *That* would
> have been an ethnic slur.

I have to agree with the Lord of Darkness (ooerr) here.

Robin May

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

Steve Zipser (Sunshine Stereo) <z...@sunshinestereo.com> wrote in message

> MY apologies, I should have used the term Gullible British Hifi Press.
> I did not direct this towards the UK's audiophile population.

You are trying to change what you have already said so that you can win an
argument. Face it, you did direct that at the UK's audiophile population. In
your first post about it you stated how the amp was a flop in America and Japan
but not Britain. The people buying it in Britain consist of a lot more than the
press so that points it at the audiphile population. You did this again in your
you should pull your trousers down because they are muffling the words coming
from your rear end.

> However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
> unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence, Roy.

> Zip

What about your slur? You have tried to claim that you were directing it at the
press in an attempt to climb on to your high horse but it doesn't wash with me.
The old saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones is so appropriate
here, especially considering that (if I have understood things correctly) Roy's
use of the words "Jewish sales conmen" was to make a point about your use of the
words "The British are more gullible".

The Devil

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
z...@sunshinestereo.com (Steve Zipser) wrote:

>[This followup was posted to rec.audio.opinion and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Oh, well that's nice. How many complaints have you issued to
ISPs this week for people doing the very thing you've just
done?

>> If you think that was racism, you are an idiot.

>Oh? Was it a parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ironic? Sarcastic?

You tell me what an English pansy is and what makes Brits
gullible and why you make these kind of slurs and I'll
answer you.

>Sorry, Roy, it was none of the above. It was out and out ugliness and
>has no business anywhere.

What the fuck would you know about good taste, conman? Why
aren't you bleating about first amendment rights and free
speech?

>> Allow me to tell you what I think is a racist comment, you stupid cunt.

>And now you cross over the line.

Why? Because I explain what I consider a black-blood racist
slur to be (not a slur on dark-skinned people <scream>),
rather than this touchy-touchy bullshit that's being hurled
around right now, completely overlooking the *point* of why
I wrote what I did?

>You are, simply put an angry lowlife pig, with no sense of self worth.

Angry? You bet your fuckin ass that made me angry. Much more
angry than anything I've read on RAO in over a year.

How would you know how much self-worth I have? I'll tell you
something, if I was a salesman I wouldn't touch the kind of
business practices that are the norm at Sunshine Stereo.
Does that count as self-worth, or would you call that
integrity, or would you call it morality, or would you call
it good business sense, or would you call it not being a
lying weaseling sales lizard? A difficult choice, I suppose.
Not that any of that is relevant to you when a stupid blind
woman with plenty of money turns up for you to fleece.

>> Please brace yourself because I fear you will want to
>> believe Hitler has returned from the dead: Jews are subhuman
>> thieving bastards ruining American life and should be

>Perhaps we all own the mines you Welshmen have slaved away in all those
>years?

So now I'm Welsh. This just gets worse by the moment . . .
;-) Wouldn't you prefer to ammend that to 'slag-gob taff'
and have done with it?

>Maybe we own the banks and earn money from you life's work?

Oooooh. Now we're getting somewhere.

Who's this 'we'? Is this elitism I smell here? Have I
cracked open the closed doors on a dirty little club? When
you've earned a hundredth of what I've earned you'll
consider yourself wealthy, sir! And guess what, sir!? I'm
not a Jew, sir! Unfathomable, isn't it? If I were going to
match your level of approach, I could say us Brits don't
rely on ten generations of tight-fistedness to prop us up in
business ventures. Oh, but that might not strike quite the
right note, might it, sir!? I'm going to be blasted again
for being Hitler reincarnated. After all, generalisations
are OK as long as they're not about Jews, right, sir!?

>No maybes about it, you have stepped beyond the bounds of dec ensy and
>good taste.

Like that ever bothered *you*?

> Jen Burton is a pretty OK person,

Of *course* she's OK. She's a prime Zipshit BLITHERING IDIOT
with a purse full of GLORIOUS money, and she's super-OK
because she's blind and you can offload some used GLORIOUS
junk on her and tell her it's her BLITHERING IDIOT
electricity providers who are at fault when it sounds like
crap. If I asked you if I could do a deal on some Dunlavys,
*I'd* suddenly be GLORIOUS and praised as the very epitome
of the kind of people Scumshit Stereo attracts. No doubt I'd
have any pseudonym I mentioned to you I've written under or
the names of my clients billboarded right up there with
Celine Dion or Chris Walken, just as the *private*
conversation with your wife about her work suddenly got
turned into a public announcement of my involvement. You USE
people. You are a USER.

> who is here to talk audio and music, unlike yourself,

Oh, shut up, you imbecile. I've made more audio-related
posts this last few days than anything else.

>and only lashes out when really pushed,

Yes, like when she realised you were only interested in her
GLORIOUS bank account.

>and I hope she doesn't even bother to answer you again, sir.

Fine, sir! I hope you don't e-mail me any more posts
otherwise I'll mail you 100 copies of everything (with
different e-mail address data each time) I write on Usenet.
I don't make empty threats. .

>You aren't worth another answer ever.

Does that mean I get to go in the fabled Bozo-bin? Move
over, 90 per cent of RAO. Here I come!

GeoSynch

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Auntie must've found her pills and is being "nice" again:

> GeoSynch wrote:

> >You'll have to forgive Auntie.
> >She forgot to take her PMS pills.
> >And, wouldn't you know it, she's
> >fresh out of tampons, as well.
> >There's blood and yuck running
> >down her hairy legs.
> >She hammered her thumb whilst
> >dawdling on her subwoofer project.
> >On top of all that, she's having a bad hair day.
> >She's just all out of sorts today.

> Not bad.

> BTW, Geo, what's your take on Jews? Do you find them as
> abominable as them there pesky fags and abortion doctors?

I have no problems with Jewish people.
The high school I went to was over 90% Jewish.
Matter of fact, I've done a complete 180 on the
whole Arab-Israeli conflict and, as such, I was
saddened to hear 'Bebe' Netanyahu lost the
last election in Israel for Prime Minister.

Keep spinning, Roy.
You may get out of this one yet.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Paul Doormat fooled only himself:

> You interpretted this comment literally, despite being familiar with
> Roy's dry, blunt sarcasm.. and views against discrimination.

> Well.. maybe because the post was a reply to Trevor and not to Steve,
> the analogy was less immediate? Whatever.. with hindsight I'm sure we
> can all appreciate the anti-racism message contained within. One
> thing is for sure.. Roy is no racist!

You're even more gullible than the rest of your limey brethren.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

Paul Dormer waxed trepidant:

> Ziphead insulted the intelligence of an entire nation with his fat
> greasy burger filled american beer swilling mouth.. well, G*d save the
> queen and the empire and all that. Cup of tea anyone?

The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't
come to grasps with its stature as a second-rate power and
nation now threatened with complete loss of its sovereignty
as it's about to be subsumed in a Frankensteinian freak
conglomeration of European states.

Hail and farewell Britannia.

GeoSynch

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"GeoSynch" <geos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Keep spinning, Roy.
>You may get out of this one yet.

Do you think so? My goodness I'm glad about that. I value
your opinion so much . . .

Paul Dormer

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:

>"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:
>
>>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
>
>The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
>me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
>that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
>loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
>British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
>only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
>can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .

Ed, Jen and Jim.

You interpretted this comment literally, despite being familiar with
Roy's dry, blunt sarcasm.. and views against discrimination.

Why?

Well.. maybe because the post was a reply to Trevor and not to Steve,
the analogy was less immediate? Whatever.. with hindsight I'm sure we
can all appreciate the anti-racism message contained within. One
thing is for sure.. Roy is no racist!

FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?

Paul Dormer Me...@clara.net
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sound Design, Editing, Mastering

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Paul Dormer said:

> FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
> that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
> comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
> our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?

I agree. Unfortunately, Roy gave in to his anger and descended
to Zippy's customary level.

For anyone who recoiled in horror at Roy's apparent slam at
the entire Jewish ethnic group, please reflect on Zippy's
original venomous comment about Brits being "gullible."

George M. Middius

Paul Dormer

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:

>>You are, simply put an angry lowlife pig, with no sense of self worth.
>
>Angry? You bet your fuckin ass that made me angry. Much more
>angry than anything I've read on RAO in over a year.

Me too ;-(

Ziphead insulted the intelligence of an entire nation with his fat
greasy burger filled american beer swilling mouth.. well, G*d save the
queen and the empire and all that. Cup of tea anyone?

Paul Dormer Me...@clara.net

Edward M. Shain

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 01:44:47 GMT, me...@clara.net (Paul Dormer) wrote:

>Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:
>
>>"Trevor Wilson" <ra...@hutch.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>**Perhaps the British are (far) more discerning, rather than gullible.
>>
>>The A-400 wasn't a bad amp at all, Trevor; you're right. And
>>me saying that should speak volumes because I hate most of
>>that cheap rubbish from Japan. Steve Zipser is just a
>>loudmouth prick. Perhaps it's not the gullibility of the
>>British, but the lizardliness of Jewish sales conmen who can
>>only say something is decent if they've got a used demo they
>>can pass off to their blind customers as new . . .
>
>Ed, Jen and Jim.
>
>You interpretted this comment literally, despite being familiar with
>Roy's dry, blunt sarcasm.. and views against discrimination.
>
>Why?
>
>Well.. maybe because the post was a reply to Trevor and not to Steve,
>the analogy was less immediate? Whatever.. with hindsight I'm sure we
>can all appreciate the anti-racism message contained within. One
>thing is for sure.. Roy is no racist!
>

>FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
>that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
>comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
>our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?

No, Steve's comment wasn't terrific. As I wrote Roy privately,
I didn't find it immediately offensive because who the hell ever
insulted the British as "gullible?" That was a new one on me. It
literally wasn't recognizable to me as a stereotypical insult.. I
didn't understand it at all. Of course, I will from this point on
::grin:: FWIW, that's why most don't use such phrases. They invite
misunderstanding and disaster.

OTOH, Roy's response made it clear he was offended, and I
certainly knew it then. Whatever else his post may have been, it
wasn't sarcastic. I took the meaning as direct and specific, and
meaning to strike back at Steve (which part was fine with me. God
knows we attack each other all the time. It wasn't the attack that
made me sit up and take notice).

However, Roy immediately acknowledged my raised eybrows and
clarified, and I, in turn, acknowledged his response. It's over as far
as I'm concerned (and, no, I've never for a moment thought of Roy as
racist).

Ed

trotsky

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

"George M. Middius" wrote:

> Paul Dormer said:
>
> > FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
> > that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
> > comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
> > our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?
>

> I agree. Unfortunately, Roy gave in to his anger and descended
> to Zippy's customary level.

George, I would have to say I disagree with this assessment--Zipstein is
too much of a screwball to have any consistent level of anger. I agree
wholeheartedly with Mr. Dormer's point, of course.

> For anyone who recoiled in horror at Roy's apparent slam at
> the entire Jewish ethnic group, please reflect on Zippy's
> original venomous comment about Brits being "gullible."

Isn't Zippy allowed to toy with people before talking their ears off
after relegating them to the bozo bin?

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"GeoSynch" <geos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't
>come to grasps with its stature as a second-rate power and
>nation now threatened with complete loss of its sovereignty
>as it's about to be subsumed in a Frankensteinian freak
>conglomeration of European states.

>Hail and farewell Britannia.

You haven't the faintest idea how to get under my skin, Geo.
When you have better writing skills you might stand a
chance.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
me...@clara.net (Paul Dormer) wrote:

>FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
>that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
>comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
>our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?

Thanks, Paul.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Glan...@cais.net (George M. Middius) wrote:

>For anyone who recoiled in horror at Roy's apparent slam at
>the entire Jewish ethnic group, please reflect on Zippy's
>original venomous comment about Brits being "gullible."

Thanks, George.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net (Edward M. Shain) wrote:

> No, Steve's comment wasn't terrific. As I wrote Roy privately,
>I didn't find it immediately offensive because who the hell ever
>insulted the British as "gullible?"

OK - Jews have less intelligence than Brits. Is that better?
Zip is a retarded Jew who doesn't rip off customers
(although we know he does but to say so in conjunction with
a mention of his ethnicity is deigned anti-semitic).

You've taken exception not only to my emphasising a point
(and I understood *fully* what I was doing, despite your
assumptions to the contrary, in the hope some intelligence
would come into play) but now also to the fact that I take
exception to something you don't personally find insulting.
As I said, Ed: you're not British. It is an identity as
important to me as your Jewishness is to you. Arguing over
which language is worse or more offensive is completely
irrelevant. This was precisely the focus of why I wrote what
I did. Apparently insulting Jewishness is far more offensive
than insulting Britishness. Your ethnic identity is no more
and no less important than my national identity - despite
the slaughter and oppression and plight of the Jews, I'm not
terribly sorry to inform you. Slurs of either are *equally*
offensive to either party. That you still refuse to
acknowledge this fact as equally valid I continue to find
just as offensive as Zipshit's original slurs (especially
when taken in conjunction with that previous remark about
Stewart being English - which he knows he isn't). It is the
equivalent of me telling you are overreacting because I
don't care about slurs on Jewish ethnicity because they
don't have any immediate effect on me. I care about them
both, and I care about them both equally.

>That was a new one on me. It
>literally wasn't recognizable to me as a stereotypical insult..

Whether *you* recognise it as stereotypical or not is
totally irrelevant. That you continue to question my
reaction by drawing this parallel I find, again, very
insulting.

>I didn't understand it at all.

Because you are not British.

> However, Roy immediately acknowledged my raised eybrows and
>clarified,

I apologised to you in e-mail, Ed, because it had never been
my intention to offend anyone other than Zip - only to draw
a sharp line under what he had actually said by means of a
reply that would be viewed as equally offensive but roughly
the same emotionally but opposite. The best way I could
think of doing that was go right down there to his level. It
might have turned a few heads, but I think I made my point.

>It's over as far as I'm concerned (and, no, I've never for a moment thought of
>Roy as racist).

Well, hopefully we'll leave it at this then. Maybe after
I've slept I will have calmed down. I think it's best if we
stay out of each other's way for a while.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"Robin May" <robin...@virgin.net> wrote:

>What about your slur? You have tried to claim that you were directing it at the
>press in an attempt to climb on to your high horse but it doesn't wash with me.
>The old saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones is so appropriate
>here, especially considering that (if I have understood things correctly) Roy's
>use of the words "Jewish sales conmen" was to make a point about your use of the
>words "The British are more gullible".

You are absolutely correct, Robin. Thanks for the post.

Arny Krüger

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

> MY apologies, I should have used the term Gullible British Hifi Press.
> I did not direct this towards the UK's audiophile population.
>
> However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
> unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence,
Roy.

You thought Roy had a modicum of intelligence? Do I get to slam gullable
south Florida specialty audio merchants? :-)

Arny Krüger

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 17:52:00 GMT,
> Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk (The Devil) wrote:
>
> >j...@research.att.com (jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist)
> >JJ witch wrote:
> >
> >>Whoa. It looks clear enough to me :-(
> >
> >>It reads just like those lines about borg scientists, too, except for
> >>the fact that they have yet to line up scientists in a room and gas them
;_(

> >>Any chance that was a forgery, folks? (Not Shain's article, the
> >>one from Mr. Author.)
> >
> >Thanks a bunch, Ed.
>
> That was JJ you're responding to, not me. You clarified, and I

> acknowledged. Now you're just shooting the messenger. I didn't write
> the post. You did.
>
> Sometimes a message gets misinterpreted. If it does, one just
> acknowledges and moves on. You seem to be taking a different tack
> here.
>
> >This makes me sick.
> >
> >Fuck the lot of you. (And no, that's not because you're
> >Jewish, it's because you're a bunch of PC dickheads).
>
> No. People are responding to an out-of-character,
> out-of-the-blue extremely pungent remark you made that is always taken
> as a profound slur over here long before there was such a thing as PC.
>
> I accept you didn't mean it as it was taken, but it is
> *always* taken that way on this side of the pond.
>
> Let's move one, shall we?

I dunno, watching Roy try to commit intellectual and moral suicide has its
moments.

Just would someone who has the stomach to actually touch his slimey filthy
body stop him before he REALLY hurts himself? ;-)

Arny Krüger

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Paul Dormer <me...@clara.net> wrote in message

> Well.. maybe because the post was a reply to Trevor and not to Steve,
> the analogy was less immediate? Whatever.. with hindsight I'm sure we
> can all appreciate the anti-racism message contained within. One
> thing is for sure.. Roy is no racist!

I think he's fooled a lot of people. At this point, the question is who. ;-)

> FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
> that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
> comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
> our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?

Not wanting to instantly lose the argument by bringing up the Nazi's, but it
seems like Hitler's slurs of the British were forgotten by most of the
world, while what he did to the Jews was not. It's almost like nationalistic
slurs are more acceptable than ethnic and racial ones.

Edward M. Shain

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:55:16 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
wrote:

>Not wanting to instantly lose the argument by bringing up the Nazi's, but it
>seems like Hitler's slurs of the British were forgotten by most of the
>world, while what he did to the Jews was not. It's almost like nationalistic
>slurs are more acceptable than ethnic and racial ones.

???????????

Are you comparing insults to murder?

Ed

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
ButtfaceDufusBorg bumbled:

> You thought Roy had a modicum of intelligence? Do I get to slam gullable
> south Florida specialty audio merchants? :-)

The only unfortunate aspect about you butting into this
exchange is that you are unable to perceive how retarded you
sound next to almost all the others participating.

George M. Middius

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net> wrote:

>> Well.. maybe because the post was a reply to Trevor and not to Steve,
>> the analogy was less immediate? Whatever.. with hindsight I'm sure we
>> can all appreciate the anti-racism message contained within. One
>> thing is for sure.. Roy is no racist!

>I think he's fooled a lot of people. At this point, the question is who. ;-)

I've made my position very clear numerous times, both now
and in the past, on where I stand on discrimination. Just
about anyone who I've spoken with on the phone from RAO will
know my views too, and they are views I hold very strongly.

>> FWIW. When I read this post I perceived a level of anger similar to
>> that which I experienced when reading Steve's original comment. A
>> comment which was a broad sweeping insult to the entire population of
>> our commonwealth. Wasn't that disgusting? Was that acceptable?

>Not wanting to instantly lose the argument by bringing up the Nazi's,

>but it seems like Hitler's slurs of the British were forgotten by most of the
>world, while what he did to the Jews was not. It's almost like nationalistic
>slurs are more acceptable than ethnic and racial ones.

I agree with your final point about national slurs being
considered more acceptable than ethnic ones, but I suppose
the truthfulness of that will just be lost to the gut-
reaction some people have when you make a mention of an
ethnic group. Your initial sentence doesn't catch the right
note at all, though. National slurs are not the same as what
Hitler did to the Jews.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net> wrote:

>I dunno, watching Roy try to commit intellectual and moral suicide has its
>moments.

>Just would someone who has the stomach to actually touch his slimey filthy
>body stop him before he REALLY hurts himself? ;-)

Oh. OK. I apologise for replying sensibly to your other post
in this thread. I thought you might have more sense than to
try to make political capital out of this.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net> wrote:

>> However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
>> unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence,
>>Roy.

>You thought Roy had a modicum of intelligence? Do I get to slam gullable

>south Florida specialty audio merchants? :-)

So now Zip's been elevated from a 'snake-oil conman' to a
'specialty audio merchant'? Would that be because these
recent weeks have exposed him to be a weasel and liar almost
as malodorous as your good self?

Paul Dormer

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
z...@sunshinestereo.com (Steve Zipser) wrote:

>> >"Clarify"? Hell that was so crystal clear I feel like I got my sight
>> >back!!! But then, racism isn't usually very difficult to see, is it?

>> If you think that was racism, you are an idiot.
>
>Oh? Was it a parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ironic? Sarcastic?

I certainly didn't take it as a joke

>Sorry, Roy, it was none of the above. It was out and out ugliness and
>has no business anywhere.

Just like some of your recent comments Steve.. I don't buy your
apology, you have expressed antagonistic prejudices against the
British before..

Arny Krüger

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:55:16 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Not wanting to instantly lose the argument by bringing up the Nazi's, but
it
> >seems like Hitler's slurs of the British were forgotten by most of the
> >world, while what he did to the Jews was not. It's almost like
nationalistic
> >slurs are more acceptable than ethnic and racial ones.
>
> ???????????
>
> Are you comparing insults to murder?

It's like Hitler and his boys killed no brits....

http://www.youth.net/memories/hypermail/0272.html

Estimated loss of life during World War Two:
(From the book 'Hitler and Stalin' by Professor Alan Bullock)

Total Population Military Civilians

Britain 1939-45 390,000 0.8% 326,000 62,000
France 1939-45 810,000 1.9% 340,000 470,000
Germany 1939-45 6,850,000 9.5% 3,250,000 3,600,000
Greece 520,000 7.2% - -
Hungary 420.000 3.0% - -
Italy 410,000 0.9% 330,000 80,000
Poland 1939-45 6,120,000 17.2% 123,000 6,000,000
Yugoslavia 1939-45 1,706,000 10.9% 300,000 1,400,000
USA 1941-45 295,000 0.4% - -
USSR 1941-45 21,300,000 11.0% 13,600,000 7,700,000

('official' figures for USSR. Many say that about 20,000,000 civilians
died, but most of these died of starvation, rather than fighting).

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
The Devil said:

> >The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't
> >come to grasps

"Come to grasps"? That sounds suspiciously like Krooglish. The
Stinky one had better get off of Diggun's back and get some
Serious Sausage Time with Arnii already. ;-)

George M. Middius

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
trotsky said:

> > Roy gave in to his anger and descended
> > to Zippy's customary level.

> George, I would have to say I disagree with this assessment--Zipstein is
> too much of a screwball to have any consistent level of anger.

I meant Zippy's customary boorishness.

George M. Middius

jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
In article <37b564a8...@news.clara.net>,

Paul Dormer <me...@clara.net> wrote:
>You interpretted this comment literally, despite being familiar with
>Roy's dry, blunt sarcasm.. and views against discrimination.
Actually, you presume, Paul, he's been in my killfile for a long
time, and only leaked out due to someone else's quote.

You did note I asked if this was perhaps a forgery, which might
suggest I DID think it was out of character?

No, you didn't note that.

>Why?

Indeeed.

Why?

In any case, now we have a sense that it was not intended globbally,
at least. Can we move on, please?
--
Copyright j...@research.att.com 1999, all rights reserved, except transmission
by USENET and like facilities granted. This notice must be included. Any
use by a provider charging in any way for the IP represented in and by this
article and any inclusion in print or other media are specifically prohibited.

jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
In article <37b68550...@news.clara.net>,

Paul Dormer <me...@clara.net> wrote:
>Ziphead insulted the intelligence of an entire nation with his fat
>greasy burger filled american beer swilling mouth.. well, G*d save the
>queen and the empire and all that. Cup of tea anyone?

Up a long ladder
And down a short rope

And all that. Phoey.

Um, this isn't Yugoslavia, and frankly, I'm glad.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net> wrote:

>It's like Hitler and his boys killed no brits....
>
>http://www.youth.net/memories/hypermail/0272.html
>
>Estimated loss of life during World War Two:
>(From the book 'Hitler and Stalin' by Professor Alan Bullock)
>
> Total Population Military Civilians
>
>Britain 1939-45 390,000 0.8% 326,000 62,000
>France 1939-45 810,000 1.9% 340,000 470,000
>Germany 1939-45 6,850,000 9.5% 3,250,000 3,600,000
>Greece 520,000 7.2% - -
>Hungary 420.000 3.0% - -
>Italy 410,000 0.9% 330,000 80,000
>Poland 1939-45 6,120,000 17.2% 123,000 6,000,000
>Yugoslavia 1939-45 1,706,000 10.9% 300,000 1,400,000
>USA 1941-45 295,000 0.4% - -
>USSR 1941-45 21,300,000 11.0% 13,600,000 7,700,000
>
>('official' figures for USSR. Many say that about 20,000,000 civilians
>died, but most of these died of starvation, rather than fighting).

Just how stupid are you, Arnii?

What can I say? I am repulsed again.

Steve Zipser

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
In article <37b93732...@news.clara.net>, me...@clara.net says...

> >> If you think that was racism, you are an idiot.
> >
> >Oh? Was it a parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ironic? Sarcastic?
>
> I certainly didn't take it as a joke
>
> >Sorry, Roy, it was none of the above. It was out and out ugliness and
> >has no business anywhere.
>
> Just like some of your recent comments Steve.. I don't buy your
> apology, you have expressed antagonistic prejudices against the
> British before..

So don't buy it. I stuck my foort in my mouth and I apologised for it.
Not much else I can do :-0
Zip

--
Sunshine Stereo,Inc http://sunshinestereo.com Tel: 305-757-9358
9535 Biscayne Blvd Miami Shores, FL 33138 Fax: 305-757-1367
Conrad Johnson Spectron Eggleston Parasound Entech Gallo Davis Entech NEAR
Audible Illusions Straightwire Niles Camelot Faroudja Rega Benz-Micro RUNCO
Dunlavy Lexicon Zenith Mordaunt-Short EAD CleanLines Monster Seleco ESP
Nakamichi Genelec Solid Steel Oracle Salamander Audio Logic PASS DVDO NHT

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
The Devil said to Fecesborg:

> Oh. OK. I apologise for replying sensibly to your other post
> in this thread. I thought you might have more sense than to
> try to make political capital out of this.

Good point, Roy. In fact, it's been proven conclusively that
FecesBorg will use anything, even a horrifically sad or tragic
event, to garner "debating game" points on RAO.

George M. Middius

jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
My, what you find when you turn off your killfile!

In article <37d3bf5f...@news.freeserve.net>,
The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>"GeoSynch" <geos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't

>>come to grasps with its stature as a second-rate power and
>>nation now threatened with complete loss of its sovereignty
>>as it's about to be subsumed in a Frankensteinian freak
>>conglomeration of European states.

>>Hail and farewell Britannia.

>You haven't the faintest idea how to get under my skin, Geo.
>When you have better writing skills you might stand a
>chance.

Let us remember old Britannia
Arrogance then spawning
The one and only
Big superpower
To remain
Thank
You

jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
The things you FIND when you turn of your killfile!

In article <37ea20f8....@newsreader.cais.net>,

George M. Middius <glan...@cais.net> wrote:
>The only unfortunate aspect about you butting into this
>exchange is that you are unable to perceive how retarded you
>sound next to almost all the others participating.

^^^^^^

Thank you, George, for kindly leaving an exception for me.
It was very thoughtful and out of character for you.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
wrote:

>My, what you find when you turn off your killfile!

>>You haven't the faintest idea how to get under my skin, Geo.

>>When you have better writing skills you might stand a
>>chance.

>Let us remember old Britannia
>Arrogance then spawning
>The one and only
>Big superpower
>To remain
>Thank
>You

I see joe dafney didn't make it into your killfile. Haven't
you got any bats to boil or something?

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Glan...@ipo.net (George M. Middius) wrote:

>> Oh. OK. I apologise for replying sensibly to your other post
>> in this thread. I thought you might have more sense than to
>> try to make political capital out of this.

>Good point, Roy. In fact, it's been proven conclusively that
>FecesBorg will use anything, even a horrifically sad or tragic
>event, to garner "debating game" points on RAO.

Agreed™. I suppose I should have had the foresight to see
this really. I did smack Arnii around on his own turf a few
days ago and no doubt he's been seething about it ever
since. What better opportunity for him than a situation
where emotional cords are stretched tight and the merest
millimeter of disturbance starts them fraying and snapping.

It's hardly a surprise.

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Glan...@ipo.net (George M. Middius) wrote:

>"Come to grasps"? That sounds suspiciously like Krooglish.

Actually, it sounds very British. As did 'kisser' instead of
mouth, which he wrote in another post.

>The Stinky one had better get off of Diggun's back and get some
>Serious Sausage Time with Arnii already. ;-)

LOL!

Edward M. Shain

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:34:20 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
wrote:

>Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:55:16 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Not wanting to instantly lose the argument by bringing up the Nazi's, but
>it
>> >seems like Hitler's slurs of the British were forgotten by most of the
>> >world, while what he did to the Jews was not. It's almost like
>nationalistic
>> >slurs are more acceptable than ethnic and racial ones.
>>
>> ???????????
>>
>> Are you comparing insults to murder?
>

>It's like Hitler and his boys killed no brits....

You bewilder me. WWII was a horror. Britain lost far too many
good young men, as did every involved country. Her heroic defense
saved the world, literally.

You, however, said "Hitler's slurs of the British" which
clearly means verbal insult and compared those verbal insults to "what
he did to the jews," which was to murder 6,000,000 of them.

Don't you ever read what you write before posting?

Ed

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Phoebe winches up her courage.

> >The only unfortunate aspect about you butting into this
> >exchange is that you are unable to perceive how retarded you
> >sound next to almost all the others participating.
> ^^^^^^
> Thank you, George, for kindly leaving an exception for me.
> It was very thoughtful and out of character for you.

No charge.

Actually, the only participant in this subthread who strikes
me as goofier than Filthy is Zippy. Otherwise I would have
said Filthy sounds more retarded than *all* of the others.

George M. Middius

Arny Krüger

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:34:20 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
> wrote:
>

> >Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> >it
> >nationalistic
> >>
> >> ???????????
> >>
> >> Are you comparing insults to murder?
> >
> >It's like Hitler and his boys killed no brits....
>
> You bewilder me. WWII was a horror. Britain lost far too many
> good young men, as did every involved country. Her heroic defense
> saved the world, literally.

I would not say that "the heroic defense of Britain" saved the world all by
itself. History says that Russia saved everybody else a lot of trouble, but
paid the largest price of all - by a factor of 3. As the son of an expatriot
German/Russian, I'm not in love with either of these guys - Hitler or
Stalin! Stalin also knocked off an estimated 29 million of people in my
ancestral ethnic group - white russians.

> You, however, said "Hitler's slurs of the British" which
> clearly means verbal insult and compared those verbal insults to "what
> he did to the jews," which was to murder 6,000,000 of them.

Sure, and I said that what we remember most is what happened to the Jews.

Now, lets raise the covers on what happened to the Jews. 6 million died. The
cause was obviously ethnic hatred. Turn back to the numbers and look at what
the Russians lost: 21.3 million. That was due to nationalism. Look at how
many Germans died: 6.83 million. That was due to nationalism.

Now, can we reach any conclusions about the death rate due to nationalism
and the death rate due to ethnic hatred? Can we reach any conclusions about
what we remember most: bad things due to etchnic hatred or bad things due
to nationalism?

I think the ethnic hatred is more notable and perceived to be more
reprehensible.

<gratuitous insult removed>

Arny Krüger

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

> "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net> wrote:
>
> >> However, it does not excuse your ethnic slur - which is simply
> >> unnacceptable - especially from someone with a modicum of intelligence,
> >>Roy.
>
> >You thought Roy had a modicum of intelligence? Do I get to slam gullable
> >south Florida specialty audio merchants? :-)
>
> So now Zip's been elevated from a 'snake-oil conman' to a
> 'specialty audio merchant'? Would that be because these
> recent weeks have exposed him to be a weasel and liar almost
> as malodorous as your good self?

I was just trying to be nice... ;-)

The Devil

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
"Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net> wrote:

>> So now Zip's been elevated from a 'snake-oil conman' to a
>> 'specialty audio merchant'? Would that be because these
>> recent weeks have exposed him to be a weasel and liar almost
>> as malodorous as your good self?

>I was just trying to be nice... ;-)

That would explain why you fucked up.

Edward M. Shain

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:17:40 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
wrote:

>The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>> >You thought Roy had a modicum of intelligence? Do I get to slam gullable
>> >south Florida specialty audio merchants? :-)
>>

>> So now Zip's been elevated from a 'snake-oil conman' to a
>> 'specialty audio merchant'? Would that be because these
>> recent weeks have exposed him to be a weasel and liar almost
>> as malodorous as your good self?
>>

>I was just trying to be nice... ;-)

Here's what troubles me about what's going on here. Steve made
a dumb remark. Roy became extremely offended and wrote something in
anger, something all of us have done at one point or another.

I reacted, but now I'm sorry I ever did, because the piling on
is sickening. When all the anger diminishes, we'll all get along just
fine except for those who wish to use this as an opportunity to make
matters worse.

Whooppee do! Free insults for all! Have a taunt on me, friend!
You're probably salivating over there, Arnold, figuring you can get a
few punches in while your opponent is occupied with other matters.

See, that's the big difference. Roy or I might become really
angry over something and spit at each other for a while, but it's not
a plan of attack. It arises out of the sparking that happens over
here, and then it passes. I know the man's not a racist and he knows
he stepped on my toes. We'll both get over it. Further, we each feel
the freedom to snarl a bit and get it out of our systems.

You're jumping in here hoping to get free shots at whoever's
handy. In this case, it turns out to be Roy and Zip, but it might just
as well have been me or George or Barry or Jim, or JA.

I'll grant you one thing, Arnold, you're the best ever at
healing rifts between others. You always manage to make clear which
side is the right side.

Ed

Edward M. Shain

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:16:09 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
wrote:

>Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

>> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:34:20 GMT, "Arny Krüger" <ar...@flash.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Edward M. Shain <Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

>but
>> >it
>> >nationalistic

>> >It's like Hitler and his boys killed no brits....
>>
>> You bewilder me. WWII was a horror. Britain lost far too many
>> good young men, as did every involved country. Her heroic defense
>> saved the world, literally.
>
>I would not say that "the heroic defense of Britain" saved the world all by
>itself. History says that Russia saved everybody else a lot of trouble, but
>paid the largest price of all - by a factor of 3. As the son of an expatriot
>German/Russian, I'm not in love with either of these guys - Hitler or
>Stalin! Stalin also knocked off an estimated 29 million of people in my
>ancestral ethnic group - white russians.

This is offensive. You brought up Great Britain, not I. You
made that comparison, not I. If you're point is that there have been
other historical atrocities, please explain where that's relevant to
anything?

Further, Britain was fighting Germany all alone at a time when
Stalin and Hitler were still allies. In fact, it was that
non-aggression pact which allowed the invasion of Poland, if memory
serves.

>> You, however, said "Hitler's slurs of the British" which
>> clearly means verbal insult and compared those verbal insults to "what
>> he did to the jews," which was to murder 6,000,000 of them.
>
>Sure, and I said that what we remember most is what happened to the Jews.

No, that's *not* what you said. You referred to the "slurs"
against the British, not WWII. Yes, we remember the extinction of
6,000,000 people more than we remember national verbal insults.

No one has ever forgotten Britain's role in WWII. It's
remembered, at the very least, over here every D-day.

>Now, lets raise the covers on what happened to the Jews. 6 million died. The
>cause was obviously ethnic hatred. Turn back to the numbers and look at what
>the Russians lost: 21.3 million. That was due to nationalism. Look at how
>many Germans died: 6.83 million. That was due to nationalism.
>
>Now, can we reach any conclusions about the death rate due to nationalism
>and the death rate due to ethnic hatred? Can we reach any conclusions about
>what we remember most: bad things due to etchnic hatred or bad things due
>to nationalism?

Words fail me here.

>I think the ethnic hatred is more notable and perceived to be more
>reprehensible.
>
><gratuitous insult removed>

What insult? I asked a serious question. Don't you read what
you write before posting? How can you use the word "slur" and then
write a post that ignores the meaning of the word?

Literally, Arnold, your post is impossible to fathom.

Ed

Joe Duffy

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
In article <FG99y...@research.att.com>,

jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist <j...@research.att.com> wrote:
>My, what you find when you turn off your killfile!
>
>In article <37d3bf5f...@news.freeserve.net>,
>The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>"GeoSynch" <geos...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>>The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't
>>>come to grasps with its stature as a second-rate power and
>>>nation now threatened with complete loss of its sovereignty
>>>as it's about to be subsumed in a Frankensteinian freak
>>>conglomeration of European states.
>
>>>Hail and farewell Britannia.
>
>>You haven't the faintest idea how to get under my skin, Geo.
>>When you have better writing skills you might stand a
>>chance.
>
>Let us remember old Britannia
>Arrogance then spawning
>The one and only
>Big superpower
>To remain
>Thank
>You
>--

Forget not their red coats
upon the bloody field
of honor desired
and fulfilled.
Bury them
quickly.

George M. Middius

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Edward M. Shain said:

> I'll grant you one thing, Arnold, you're the best ever at
> healing rifts between others. You always manage to make clear which
> side is the right side.

Agreed.™

George M. Middius

Paul Dormer

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
j...@research.att.com (jj, curmudgeon and tiring philalethist) wrote:

>In any case, now we have a sense that it was not intended globbally,
>at least. Can we move on, please?

Yes.. let's!

Marc Phillips

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
>>Estimated loss of life during World War Two:
>>(From the book 'Hitler and Stalin' by Professor Alan Bullock)
>>

>> Total Population Military Civilians
>>
>>Britain 1939-45 390,000 0.8% 326,000 62,000
>>France 1939-45 810,000 1.9% 340,000 470,000
>>Germany 1939-45 6,850,000 9.5% 3,250,000 3,600,000

>>Greece 520,000 7.2% - -
>>Hungary 420.000 3.0% - -
>>Italy 410,000 0.9% 330,000 80,000
>>Poland 1939-45 6,120,000 17.2% 123,000 6,000,000
>>Yugoslavia 1939-45 1,706,000 10.9% 300,000 1,400,000

>>USA 1941-45 295,000 0.4% - -
>>USSR 1941-45 21,300,000 11.0% 13,600,000 7,700,000
>>
>>('official' figures for USSR. Many say that about 20,000,000 civilians
>>died, but most of these died of starvation, rather than fighting).

Yes, but would the Pioneer A-400 really suffer from being converted from 220V
to 110V?

Boon

GeoSynch

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
George 'Mistaken' Middius misstepped:

> [GeoSynch wrote:]

> > >The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't
> > >come to grasps

> "Come to grasps"? That sounds suspiciously like Krooglish.

You're about to get refuted, by all people (if she can be described
as such), Auntie.

> The Stinky one had better...

Is this an irrevocable concession you were spec-TAC-ularly
wrong trumpeting I'm Doug Haugen, 'lil Georgie?

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Auntie chided 'lil Georgie:

> >"Come to grasps"? That sounds suspiciously like Krooglish.

> Actually, it sounds very British. As did 'kisser' instead of

> mouth, which he wrote in another post.

This was most surprisingly gracious of you, auntie.

GeoSynch

George M. Middius

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Marc Phillips said:

> Yes, but would the Pioneer A-400 really suffer from being converted from 220V
> to 110V?

Any amplifier that would permit such an operation would have
to be exceedingly gullible.

George M. Middius

Marc Phillips

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Mr. Middius said:

Just as long as it doesn't cause anymore deaths in Europe, I'm happy.

Boon

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Vizsl...@worldnet.att.net (Edward M. Shain) wrote:

> Here's what troubles me about what's going on here. Steve made
>a dumb remark. Roy became extremely offended and wrote something in
>anger, something all of us have done at one point or another.
>
> I reacted, but now I'm sorry I ever did, because the piling on
>is sickening. When all the anger diminishes, we'll all get along just
>fine except for those who wish to use this as an opportunity to make
>matters worse.
>
> Whooppee do! Free insults for all! Have a taunt on me, friend!
>You're probably salivating over there, Arnold, figuring you can get a
>few punches in while your opponent is occupied with other matters.
>
> See, that's the big difference. Roy or I might become really
>angry over something and spit at each other for a while, but it's not
>a plan of attack. It arises out of the sparking that happens over
>here, and then it passes. I know the man's not a racist and he knows
>he stepped on my toes. We'll both get over it. Further, we each feel
>the freedom to snarl a bit and get it out of our systems.
>
> You're jumping in here hoping to get free shots at whoever's
>handy. In this case, it turns out to be Roy and Zip, but it might just
>as well have been me or George or Barry or Jim, or JA.
>

> I'll grant you one thing, Arnold, you're the best ever at
>healing rifts between others. You always manage to make clear which
>side is the right side.

I'm with you 100 per cent. Arnii just can't help himself. I
guess he saw this as a potential opportunity to 'get us'.

Pathetic, really.

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
"GeoSynch" <geos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

That wasn't chiding, you prick.

So where are you from?

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
boon...@aol.com (Marc Phillips) wrote:

>>Any amplifier that would permit such an operation would have
>>to be exceedingly gullible.

>Just as long as it doesn't cause anymore deaths in Europe, I'm happy.

Come, Marc, this is precisely the kind of pushbutton
politics that's employed to censor debate people don't want
to hear. I don't subscribe to this tactic as being an
acceptable mode of debate, and you may have noticed I pay no
heed to it at all when presenting an argument. 'Sides,
sometimes a dunk in hot water is good for the
senses . . . :-)

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie bridled:

> GeoSynch wrote:

> >The last spasms of a formerly glorious country that still can't

> >come to grasps with its stature as a second-rate power and
> >nation now threatened with complete loss of its sovereignty
> >as it's about to be subsumed in a Frankensteinian freak
> >conglomeration of European states.

> >Hail and farewell Britannia.

> You haven't the faintest idea how to get under my skin, Geo.

Typical Englishman pansy response.

Perhaps a pitchfork may get under your ...
wait a minute, that isn't skin -- those are scales!

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie clucked:

> GeoSynch wrote:

> >Keep spinning, Roy.
> >You may get out of this one yet.

> Do you think so? My goodness I'm glad about that. I value
> your opinion so much . . .

Quite possibly.

We Yanks aren't as gullible as you English pansies,
but we do find your pompousness rather amusing.

GeoSynch

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Geosick is on the warpath. Stand aside girls and watch this
bitch flail.

>We Yanks aren't as gullible as you English pansies,
>but we do find your pompousness rather amusing.

One thing's for certain. You'd never told your tea steady
with your fist up your ass.

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Geosick, my lady in red, is dancing with *me*.

[blotting eyes emotionally]

>Typical Englishman pansy response.

I hope you've brushed your teeth, Geo. An Englishman's dick
only rods the freshest of traps.

>Perhaps a pitchfork may get under your ...
>wait a minute, that isn't skin -- those are scales!

No, that's your compound eyes. Fifty dicks to suck all at
once. No wonder you can't contain yourself.

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Geosick is on the warpath. Stand aside girls and watch this
bitch flail.

>We Yanks aren't as gullible as you English pansies,
>but we do find your pompousness rather amusing.

One thing's for certain. You'd never hold your tea steady

with your fist up your ass.

__

John Wall

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
In article <MPG.121918469...@news.mia.bellsouth.net>,
Steve Zipser <z...@sunshinestereo.com> wrote:
>[This followup was posted to rec.audio.opinion and a copy was sent to the cited author.]
>
>> On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, The Devil wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 20:18:42 GMT
>> From: The Devil <Ink...@ZZDemonScript.freeserve.co.uk>
>> Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
>> Subject: Re: Pioneer A-400
>>
>> jennifer <har...@deltaforce.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"Clarify"? Hell that was so crystal clear I feel like I got my sight
>> >back!!! But then, racism isn't usually very difficult to see, is it?
>>
>> If you think that was racism, you are an idiot.
>
>Oh? Was it a parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ironic? Sarcastic?
>Sorry, Roy, it was none of the above. It was out and out ugliness and
>has no business anywhere.

Pot, kettle, black ... zip, you know the rest.

--
John Wall
QSSL

Steve Zipser

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
In article <7ortsm$4qf$1...@gateway.qnx.com>, jw...@qnx.com says...

Yup, sure do! You're a died in the wool, anal retentive borg!
Hopw you get to enjoy music some day!
Zip

Marc Phillips

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Mr. Briggs said:

>>>Any amplifier that would permit such an operation would have
>>>to be exceedingly gullible.
>
>>Just as long as it doesn't cause anymore deaths in Europe, I'm happy.

>Come, Marc, this is precisely the kind of pushbutton
>politics that's employed to censor debate people don't want
>to hear. I don't subscribe to this tactic as being an
>acceptable mode of debate, and you may have noticed I pay no
>heed to it at all when presenting an argument. 'Sides,

>sometimes a dunk in hot water is good for the
>senses . . . :-)

I'm not sure I follow...I've been working long hours and I'm a bit groggy...my
comment was making fun of the fact that this thread started out about me asking
about a neat little British integrated by Pioneer, and wound up with someone
quoting the casualty statistics from World War II. I didn't want to come right
out and say it, though, and sound like one of those whiny, pedantic poseurs who
complain about how threads progress in RAO. You guys are insane!

Boon

The Devil

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
boon...@aol.com (Marc Phillips) wrote:

>I'm not sure I follow...I've been working long hours and I'm a bit groggy...my
>comment was making fun of the fact that this thread started out about me asking
>about a neat little British integrated by Pioneer, and wound up with someone
>quoting the casualty statistics from World War II. I didn't want to come right
>out and say it, though, and sound like one of those whiny, pedantic poseurs who
>complain about how threads progress in RAO.

Oh, I getcha. Sorry about that. My trigger's still on hair
setting, I think. :-(

>You guys are insane!

Marc Phillips

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Mr. Briggs said:

Whew! I thought it was me! The last thing I want to do is be on the wrong end
of one of your wildly imaginative, grossly twisted, scatologically obscene,
diabolically inspired, incredibly funny diatribes!

Boon

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie lied:

Ha-ha. Totally irrelevant as it has no basis in fact whatsoever.
This, however, does:

The forked-tongued one sheddeth crocodile tears:

> Do you remember how ... me and my family were stricken
> by the loss of our daughter ?

Rumor has it she died of horror and shame after stumbling into the
verboten room and witnessing her "daddy" being buggered senseless.

In a proper sendoff, Roy sodomized her lifeless body one last time,
before launching her down the river Styx to her final resting place in Hades.

Congratulations Roy!
I hope you're proud of yourself.

By the by, I hear your other daughter is coping quite well with
you sodomizing her tender, young derriere on a regular basis.

This shall continue until she reaches reproductive age, when she'll
be impregnated by you to further propagate your subhuman species.

While your dead daughter burns in Hell forevermore,
may God have mercy on your wicked soul, o fallen one.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie's getting flustered again:

> [GeoSynch wrote:]

> >We Yanks aren't as gullible as you English pansies,
> >but we do find your pompousness rather amusing.

> One thing's for certain. You'd never told your tea steady ...

Is that English pansy slang you're indulging in there, old girl?

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie's curiosity is piqued:

> GeoSynch wrote:

> >Auntie chided 'lil Georgie:

> >> Actually, it sounds very British. As did 'kisser' instead of
> >> mouth, which he wrote in another post.

> >This was most surprisingly gracious of you, auntie.

> That wasn't chiding, you prick.

Au contraire, sweety.
To chide, in one of its definitions in Merriam-Webster's,
is to "reproach in a usually mild and constructive manner."
So now, the two biggest cunning linguists on r.a.o. seem
to have fallen flat on their fool faces. How amusing.

> So where are you from?

No need to get personal, dearie.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie cried:

Ha-ha. Totally irrelevant as it has no basis in fact whatsoever.
This, however, does:

The Devil seemingly repented:

> Yesterday, [01/11/99] at about 2:50PM, our daughter died unexpectedly...

God smote her down as retribution for your vileness.

> I would like to apologise for my actions.

Too late. Young Miss Briggs is ingloriously dead.

> [W]hile I feel my actions may have offended only a few,
> it was still something I would rather not have done.

You can't unring a bell. And your actions have offended more than a few.

> I would [like] to express my deep regret at my own conduct...

Please do. Feigned contrition so becomes you.

> I have behaved very badly, and I am ashamed and sickened by myself.

Many of us are sickened by the poison pen you wield with such gusto.

> I hope [those] I have taunted will forgive me.

It will be a cold day in you-know-where before that ever happens.

> I am sorry, whether you believe me or not.

Who could not believe such maudlin sincerity?

> Nothing can change what I have done, but I'll do
> whatever I can to ease any pain I have caused you.

[Arny wasn't buying:]
> >Of course, the well-known liar that you are,
> >we'll have to see a little proof. Got any?

> That my daughter died? Oh yes, I have proof, Arnii.
> I break down every time I think of her.

Poor, poor Roy.
How tragic.
How heartwrenching.
How utterly deserved.
Couldn't happen to a worse fellow.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie reckoned:

> [GeoSynch wrote:]

> >We Yanks aren't as gullible as you English pansies,
> >but we do find your pompousness rather amusing.

> One thing's for certain. You'd never hold your tea steady...

Certainly not while laughing at the spectacle
of you being buggered senseless.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Auntie protested:

>[GeoSynch wrote:]

> >To chide, in one of its definitions in Merriam-Webster's,
> >is to "reproach in a usually mild and constructive manner."

> I did not reproach. You have serious problems understanding
> some pretty common words, don't you?

I think you have a problem with the remainder of the sentence
following "reproach."

Perhaps I should have been a bit more generous and
stated "Auntie corrected 'lil Georgie."

Happy now, old girl?

> >So now, the two biggest cunning linguists on r.a.o. seem
> >to have fallen flat on their fool faces. How amusing.

> <sigh>

> Just what are we going to do with you, Geo?

For starters, stop making such a spectacle of yourself, auntie.

GeoSynch

It is loading more messages.