Is RATMM becoming too shallow?

Granger

Aug 11, 2001, 2:37:55 PM8/11/01
I mean, c'mon, the deep end is only five feet. We can't even dive into
that. And when are we getting the hot tub fixed?

Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby
pool.)

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 11, 2001, 4:26:19 PM8/11/01
Granger wrote in message ...

>I mean, c'mon, the deep end is only five feet. We can't even dive into
>that. And when are we getting the hot tub fixed?

The repair guy says he'll be out next week to look at it.

>Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby
>pool.)

Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
though.

Catherine Johnson.
--
e-mail me at Thr...@aol.com
"I want to save both the spider and the butterfly."

Andrew

Aug 11, 2001, 4:50:30 PM8/11/01

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:

:Granger wrote in message ...

:
:>I mean, c'mon, the deep end is only five feet. We can't even dive into
:>that. And when are we getting the hot tub fixed?
:
:
:The repair guy says he'll be out next week to look at it.

Then why is he out there skateboarding?

:
:>Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby

:>pool.)
:
:Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
:though.

That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!

---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 11, 2001, 6:08:11 PM8/11/01
Andrew wrote in message ...

>On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
>:Granger wrote in message ...
>:
>:>I mean, c'mon, the deep end is only five feet. We can't even dive into
>:>that. And when are we getting the hot tub fixed?
>:
>:The repair guy says he'll be out next week to look at it.
>
>Then why is he out there skateboarding?

Well, I- D'OH!
HEY, YOU! Get to work!

>:>Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby
>:>pool.)
>:
>:Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
>:though.
>
>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz

Quick, call Gomamon!

Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
Myotismon...

delius alan

Aug 11, 2001, 7:34:42 PM8/11/01
nem...@my-deja.com (Granger) wrote in message news:<c79ef544.0108...@posting.google.com>...

That reminds me. Who won the baby pool? I've still got the piece of paper I drew.

desilu
erm.
delius

Corvus Marinus

Aug 11, 2001, 9:01:58 PM8/11/01
Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of "Fish Eye no Miko"
<fishey...@deadmoon.circus> that wrote
news:tnbap51...@corp.supernews.com, on the day of 11 Aug 2001:

>>:>I mean, c'mon, the deep end is only five feet. We can't even dive into
>>:>that. And when are we getting the hot tub fixed?
>>:
>>:The repair guy says he'll be out next week to look at it.
>>
>>Then why is he out there skateboarding?
>
> Well, I- D'OH!
> HEY, YOU! Get to work!
>
>>:>Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby
>>:>pool.)
>>:
>>:Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
>>:though.
>>
>>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
>>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz
>
> Quick, call Gomamon!
>
> Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
> Myotismon...

Three words: Bulbasaur. Solar Beam.

Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus
What could be less shallow than a good 'Digimon vs. Pokémon' rhubarb?
--
"I'm an impulse buyer. The primitive little *knot* at the top of my
*spine* says I'll have *all* this stuff." -Max, "Beast from the Cereal

Nick Naraht

Aug 11, 2001, 9:11:19 PM8/11/01

> >>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
> >>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz
> >
> > Quick, call Gomamon!
> >
> > Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
> > Myotismon...
>
> Three words: Bulbasaur. Solar Beam.

Nice thought...but it's a slow attack, why not use "Sunny Day"
instead...(plus you can the so solar bean in one turn...[ok so I play
pokemon, sue me.])?

> Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus
> What could be less shallow than a good 'Digimon vs. Pokémon' rhubarb?

--
Nick "Naraht" Frame
http://naraht.iwarp.com

Quote of the..umm..here's a funny quote! (Maybe..)
RUSTY: Why would they want to Swiss-cheese a darn dam?
BIG GUY: I'll go ask real nice while you put your finger in that dike, Dutch boy robot

Andrew

Aug 11, 2001, 11:08:23 PM8/11/01

:
:>:
:>:The repair guy says he'll be out next week to look at it.
:>
:>:
:>:Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
:>:though.
:>
:>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
:>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz
:
:
:Quick, call Gomamon!

Remind me of send you a picture of a astonished-looking Pikachu just before
he gets stomped by Gamera or Godzilla.

:
:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
:Myotismon...

I give him...15 seconds tops.

---Andrew Kunz. "There's nothing in the rule book that says a Pokemon can't
attack the other Pokemon's trainer..."

Andrew

Aug 11, 2001, 11:15:41 PM8/11/01

:Hwćt! We have heard of the glory of "Fish Eye no Miko"

:>>:
:>>:The repair guy says he'll be out next week to look at it.
:>>
:>>:
:>>:Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
:>>:though.
:>>
:>>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
:>>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz
:>
:> Quick, call Gomamon!
:>
:> Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
:> Myotismon...
:
:Three words: Bulbasaur. Solar Beam.

For once, I'd like to see the trainers go at each other and not the
pokemons/digimons...

:
:Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus

:What could be less shallow than a good 'Digimon vs. Pokémon' rhubarb?

As long as it isn't a Digimon-Pokemon lemon. I really would hate to see what
the offspring would look like.

---Andrew Kunz. "Mokona. Anvil. Dead Trainers."

Nick Naraht

Aug 11, 2001, 11:36:51 PM8/11/01

> :Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus
> :What could be less shallow than a good 'Digimon vs. Pokémon' rhubarb?
>
> As long as it isn't a Digimon-Pokemon lemon. I really would hate to see what
> the offspring would look like.
>
> ---Andrew Kunz. "Mokona. Anvil. Dead Trainers."

Umm, I think it's been done...
@least given the other dreck out there, I'd assume it's been done.
Not sure if it's been MiSTed though...

Hrm....

Darth Kirby

Aug 12, 2001, 12:13:51 AM8/12/01
> :>Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby
> :>pool.)
> :
> :Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
> :though.
>
> That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!

And he's sooooo cute! I love my Psyduck! Quick, Psyduck, say something!

"Psy?"

Okay, so that was just me transcribing, but he really said it!

Darth Kirby
The baby pool contains power none of you have even begun to suspect.

Andrew Perron

Aug 12, 2001, 8:08:19 AM8/12/01
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:08:23 -0500, Andrew <ark...@mizzou.edu> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:

<snip>

>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>:Myotismon...
>
>I give him...15 seconds tops.

Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
Just That Kind Of Guy.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, or death, yes, that's possible
too.

Corvus Marinus

Aug 12, 2001, 2:32:15 PM8/12/01
Hwćt! We have heard of the glory of pwe...@mindspring.com (Andrew Perron)
that wrote news:3b76707f...@news.mindspring.com, on the day of 12 Aug
2001:

><snip>
>>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>>:Myotismon...
>>
>>I give him...15 seconds tops.
>
> Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
> spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
> the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
> Just That Kind Of Guy.

Well, he only *SAVED THE ENTIRE WORLD* in 'Pokémon 2000.' Admittedly, he
had help. But the dude has friends. And a seriously bad-ass Noctowl.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, or death, yes, that's possible
> too.

Been there, done that (at the end of "Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu"). Got brought
back to life by Poké-tears.

Also, he's dealt with digital situations before (in the infamous never-
aired-in-America episode, "Dennou Senshi Porigon"). Worse come to worse,
he could just get Porygon to give Myotismon seizures. ^_^ Or Purin (a/k/a
Jigglypuff) could show up and put everybody to sleep.

But Digimon and Pokémon should put aside their differences and join forces
to destroy the real enemy...Monster Rancher!

Anybody who thinks Pikachu is too cutesy has never had to deal with the
terror that is... Mocchi.

Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 12, 2001, 8:30:42 PM8/12/01
Andrew wrote in message ...

>On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
>:Andrew wrote in message ...
>:

>:>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
>:>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz
>:
>:Quick, call Gomamon!
>
>Remind me of send you a picture of a astonished-looking Pikachu just
before
>he gets stomped by Gamera or Godzilla.

Oh! Yeah!

>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>:Myotismon...
>
>I give him...15 seconds tops.

Actually, the sun thing would work, yeah... Myotismon definitely had an
aversion to light.

>---Andrew Kunz. "There's nothing in the rule book that says a Pokemon
can't
>attack the other Pokemon's trainer..."

And if Myotismon HAD a trainer, that might matter...
And I can't see Ash-tachi having much of a chance against him on their
own...

Catherine Johnson.

--
e-mail me at Thr...@aol.com

"Even dogs should not be forced to live like dogs."
-Samurai Jack.

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 12, 2001, 8:32:37 PM8/12/01
Corvus Marinus wrote in message ...

>Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of "Fish Eye no Miko"
><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> that wrote
>news:tnbap51...@corp.supernews.com, on the day of 11 Aug 2001:
>

>> Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>> Myotismon...
>
>Three words: Bulbasaur. Solar Beam.

D'OH! Forgot about that.

Catherine Johnson.

--
e-mail me at Thr...@aol.com

Andrew

Aug 12, 2001, 10:58:27 PM8/12/01

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Andrew Perron wrote:

:On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:08:23 -0500, Andrew <ark...@mizzou.edu> wrote:
:
:>On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
:
:<snip>
:>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
:>:Myotismon...
:>
:>I give him...15 seconds tops.
:
:Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
:spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
:the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
:Just That Kind Of Guy.

Yes, but he couldn't beat Akane if his life depended on it...*sigh*...wait
wrong anime.

---Andrew "Come on Kasumi, mallet Satoshi already!" Kunz

Andrew

Aug 12, 2001, 11:02:00 PM8/12/01

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:

:

:>:Andrew wrote in message ...
:>:
:>:>That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
:>:>---Andrew "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Kunz
:>:
:>:Quick, call Gomamon!
:>
:>Remind me of send you a picture of a astonished-looking Pikachu just
:before
:>he gets stomped by Gamera or Godzilla.
:
:
:Oh! Yeah!

It's the April issue of Wizard's magazine, one of those card-playing game
'zines.

:
:>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against

:>:Myotismon...
:>
:>I give him...15 seconds tops.
:
:
:Actually, the sun thing would work, yeah... Myotismon definitely had an
:aversion to light.

Nothing that an SPF 25000 wouldn't cure.

:
:>---Andrew Kunz. "There's nothing in the rule book that says a Pokemon

:can't
:>attack the other Pokemon's trainer..."
:
:
:And if Myotismon HAD a trainer, that might matter...
:And I can't see Ash-tachi having much of a chance against him on their
:own...

I wrote a pokemon cross-over fic where a pokemon did an anvil attack, but
the anvil landed on Ash, thus ending the match.

---Andrew Kunz. "Unfortunately, the "pokemon" just happened to be Mokona,
so..."

Granger

Aug 12, 2001, 11:43:22 PM8/12/01
georgeb...@hotmail.com (Darth Kirby) wrote in message news:<a4d3d08a.01081...@posting.google.com>...

> > :>Granger (And we can't seem to get Darth Kirby to get out of the baby
> > :>pool.)
> > :
> > :Leave him alone, he's having fun! He better be nice to my rubber ducky,
> > :though.
> >
> > That's no rubber ducky...that's Psyduck!
>
> And he's sooooo cute! I love my Psyduck! Quick, Psyduck, say something!
>
> "Psy?"
>
> Okay, so that was just me transcribing, but he really said it!

Psyduck is not the world's best typist, so I would expect it was you.

> Darth Kirby
> The baby pool contains power none of you have even begun to suspect.

You peed in the pool again, didn't you?

Granger (That's just gross, Kirby.)

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 13, 2001, 1:59:33 AM8/13/01
Andrew wrote in message ...

>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Andrew Perron wrote:

>:On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:08:23 -0500, Andrew <ark...@mizzou.edu> wrote:
>:>On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
>:>

>:>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>:>:Myotismon...
>:>
>:>I give him...15 seconds tops.
>:
>:Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
>:spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
>:the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
>:Just That Kind Of Guy.
>
>Yes, but he couldn't beat Akane if his life depended on it...*sigh*...wait
>wrong anime.
>---Andrew "Come on Kasumi, mallet Satoshi already!" Kunz

Which Kasumi are you referring...
<tries to picture Tendou Kasumi malletting ANYONE>
Oh, wait... never mind.

Catherine Johnson. Hey! Both "-mon" shows have a Takeru!

--
e-mail me at Thr...@aol.com

Andrew

Aug 13, 2001, 7:14:13 PM8/13/01

:Andrew wrote in message ...

:
:>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Andrew Perron wrote:
:>:On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:08:23 -0500, Andrew <ark...@mizzou.edu> wrote:
:>:>
:>:
:>:Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
:>:spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
:>:the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
:>:Just That Kind Of Guy.
:>
:>Yes, but he couldn't beat Akane if his life depended on it...*sigh*...wait
:>wrong anime.
:>---Andrew "Come on Kasumi, mallet Satoshi already!" Kunz
:
:
:Which Kasumi are you referring...
:<tries to picture Tendou Kasumi malletting ANYONE>
:Oh, wait... never mind.
:
:Catherine Johnson. Hey! Both "-mon" shows have a Takeru!

Personally, I think both shows should have more feminine-ish looking
"-mon"s. Either that or a cabbit, which ever comes first.

---Andrew "*munching carrots*" Kunz

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 14, 2001, 12:08:10 AM8/14/01
Andrew wrote in message ...

>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
>
>:Catherine Johnson. Hey! Both "-mon" shows have a Takeru!
>
>Personally, I think both shows should have more feminine-ish looking
>"-mon"s.

You haven't seen Angewoman or Lady Devimon, have you...?

Catherine Johnson. Arukenimon's not bad, either, but she stays pretty well
covered.

Andrew

Aug 15, 2001, 6:24:30 PM8/15/01

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:

:Andrew wrote in message ...

:
:>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
:>
:>:Catherine Johnson. Hey! Both "-mon" shows have a Takeru!
:>
:>Personally, I think both shows should have more feminine-ish looking
:>"-mon"s.
:
:You haven't seen Angewoman or Lady Devimon, have you...?

Boy, sounds like they've been playing "Magical Drop III" waaaay too much...

:
:Catherine Johnson. Arukenimon's not bad, either, but she stays pretty well
:covered.

---Andrew Kunz. "What, no Lady Godivamon?"

Darth Kirby

Aug 15, 2001, 11:06:21 PM8/15/01
granger wrote:

> kirby wrote:
> > Darth Kirby
> > The baby pool contains power none of you have even begun to suspect.
>
> You peed in the pool again, didn't you?
>
> Granger (That's just gross, Kirby.)

Urine? No, that is the juice of POWER!

Darth Kirby
Bah! You FOOL!

Andrew Perron

Aug 16, 2001, 2:41:56 PM8/16/01
On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:32:37 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
<fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>Corvus Marinus wrote in message ...
>
>>Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of "Fish Eye no Miko"
>><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> that wrote
>>news:tnbap51...@corp.supernews.com, on the day of 11 Aug 2001:
>>
>>> Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>>> Myotismon...
>>
>>Three words: Bulbasaur. Solar Beam.
>
>D'OH! Forgot about that.

I dunno if that would exactly work. Vamdemosquito didn't seem that
vunerable to sunlight; he did tend to work at night and in fog, but
that was more his dramatic flair than anything else. ^_^

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, he wasn't very traditional;
Dracula never turned into a giant spider demon thing, after all.

Andrew Perron

Aug 16, 2001, 2:58:51 PM8/16/01
On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 18:32:15 GMT, corvus-...@home.com (Corvus
Marinus) wrote:

>Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of pwe...@mindspring.com (Andrew Perron)

>that wrote news:3b76707f...@news.mindspring.com, on the day of 12 Aug
>2001:
>
>><snip>
>>>:Catherine Johnson, who wonders how long Ash-tachi would last against
>>>:Myotismon...
>>>
>>>I give him...15 seconds tops.
>>
>> Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
>> spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
>> the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
>> Just That Kind Of Guy.
>
>Well, he only *SAVED THE ENTIRE WORLD* in 'Pokémon 2000.' Admittedly, he
>had help. But the dude has friends. And a seriously bad-ass Noctowl.

*nodnod* But that situation didn't really have a powerful malignant
force, just an uncontrolled nature-ish one. ^_^ Which is probably why
the spirits of the watching Pokemon didn't fly up and join together to
make Lugia evolve.

>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, or death, yes, that's possible
>> too.
>
>Been there, done that (at the end of "Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu"). Got brought
>back to life by Poké-tears.

*nodnod* That was quite surreal, too. ^_^ You'd almost expect the next
scene to be about people wondering whatever happened to that Satoshi
kid, and talking about how he left/died/was in the hospital.

>Also, he's dealt with digital situations before (in the infamous never-
>aired-in-America episode, "Dennou Senshi Porigon"). Worse come to worse,
>he could just get Porygon to give Myotismon seizures. ^_^

Point. ^_^ Of course, Team Rocket would probably have been turned into
a spider and an ancient Egyptian by that point, and then what can ya
do?

Ah, Purin vs. Monzaemon... @_@

>But Digimon and Pokémon should put aside their differences and join forces
>to destroy the real enemy...Monster Rancher!

Hey, Monster Rancher's cool. ^_^ It's got an arc-based plot with
little filler, and you can't tell me Pixie and Genki aren't one of the
most cute-yet-disturbing couples in existance!

>Anybody who thinks Pikachu is too cutesy has never had to deal with the
>terror that is... Mocchi.

...well, good point, but... >_>;

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and Genki actually has a magical
attack!

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 16, 2001, 6:52:10 PM8/16/01
Andrew Perron wrote in message <3b7c1167...@news.mindspring.com>...

>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:32:37 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:
>>Corvus Marinus wrote in message ...
>>>Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of "Fish Eye no Miko"
>>><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> that wrote
>>>news:tnbap51...@corp.supernews.com, on the day of 11 Aug 2001:

>>>Three words: Bulbasaur. Solar Beam.
>>
>>D'OH! Forgot about that.
>
>I dunno if that would exactly work. Vamdemosquito didn't seem that
>vunerable to sunlight;

At the end of D02, he's blinded by the light of the Digivices from earth.

>he did tend to work at night and in fog, but that was more his dramatic
>flair
than anything else. ^_^

The end of D02 suggests otherwise.

>Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, he wasn't very traditional;
>Dracula never turned into a giant spider demon thing, after all.

Hehhe... Still, he did have some traditional "vampirish" aspects.

Corvus Marinus

Aug 17, 2001, 2:30:50 AM8/17/01
Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of pwe...@mindspring.com (Andrew
Perron) that wrote news:3b7c1407...@news.mindspring.com, on the day
of 16 Aug 2001:

>>><snip>

>>> Actually, I belive if he came up against someone that evil, he'd
>>> spontaneously, and in an incidental way that had nothing to do with
>>> the situation, gain amazing powers that allowed him to fight. He's
>>> Just That Kind Of Guy.
>>
>>Well, he only *SAVED THE ENTIRE WORLD* in 'Pokémon 2000.' Admittedly,
>>he had help. But the dude has friends. And a seriously bad-ass
>>Noctowl.
>
> *nodnod* But that situation didn't really have a powerful malignant
> force, just an uncontrolled nature-ish one. ^_^ Which is probably why
> the spirits of the watching Pokemon didn't fly up and join together to
> make Lugia evolve.

I'm pretty sure Lugia doesn't evolve, although they may change that in the
next iteration of the Gameboy game. Except for Sakaki (a/k/a Giovanni),
there really aren't any powerful *malignant* forces in the Pokémon
universe, though there's certainly lots of petty villainy, and some
thoroughly misguided types. The Pokémon themselves aren't good or evil
(except for Meowth, who taught himself to be like a human!).

[snippage]

>>Or Purin (a/k/a Jigglypuff) could show up and put everybody to sleep.
>
> Ah, Purin vs. Monzaemon... @_@

Why would Purin want to fight the author of *Sonezaki shinju*? Doesn't she
like Bunraku?

>>But Digimon and Pokémon should put aside their differences and join
>>forces to destroy the real enemy...Monster Rancher!
>
> Hey, Monster Rancher's cool. ^_^ It's got an arc-based plot with
> little filler, and you can't tell me Pixie and Genki aren't one of the
> most cute-yet-disturbing couples in existance!

Pixie's the only thing tolerable about the show, IMO (except for that lame
name - hey, I know a demon when I see one!). Genki is such an obvious
clone of Satoshi (Ash) that Kids WB started running ads pointing out the
resemblances.

Pokémon certainly doesn't lack for filler, but the overall plot of the
series (Ash learning to be a Pokémon master) is very well handled, in my
opinion. Because of the comparatively large number of Pokémon episodes,
the writers can show the changes in his character gradually.

Of course, any show that has scenes like the one where Ash disguises
himself as a giant apple to lure Snorlax up a mountain gets an automatic A+
from me anyway. ^_^

Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus

Not to mention the "Gligerman" episode...

Andrew Perron

Aug 17, 2001, 10:37:23 PM8/17/01
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:52:10 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
<fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>Andrew Perron wrote in message <3b7c1167...@news.mindspring.com>...
>>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:32:37 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
>><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>>>D'OH! Forgot about that.
>>
>>I dunno if that would exactly work. Vamdemosquito didn't seem that
>>vunerable to sunlight;
>
>At the end of D02, he's blinded by the light of the Digivices from earth.

Yeah, but that's not *light*, that was the spirit of goodness and hope
that was driving away the darkness that powered him. It was
*metaphorical* light. ^_^

>>he did tend to work at night and in fog, but that was more his dramatic
>>flair than anything else. ^_^
>
>The end of D02 suggests otherwise.

Besides, by then he didn't seem very vampiric anymore. ^_^; (Except
for the Melting Blood attack, of course.)

>>Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, he wasn't very traditional;
>>Dracula never turned into a giant spider demon thing, after all.
>
>Hehhe... Still, he did have some traditional "vampirish" aspects.

Oh, of course. Summoning bats (and Pico Devimon), sucking the blood
of young ladies with heaving bosoms, and having his evil dinosaur
fight the giant boxing cactus. ^_^v

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I'm *sure* there's a scene like
that in Nosferatu...

Andrew Perron

Aug 17, 2001, 11:49:26 PM8/17/01
On 17 Aug 2001 06:30:50 GMT, corvus-...@home.com (Corvus Marinus)
wrote:

>Hwæt! We have heard of the glory of pwe...@mindspring.com (Andrew

>Perron) that wrote news:3b7c1407...@news.mindspring.com, on the day
>of 16 Aug 2001:

<snip>

>>>Well, he only *SAVED THE ENTIRE WORLD* in 'Pokémon 2000.' Admittedly,
>>>he had help. But the dude has friends. And a seriously bad-ass
>>>Noctowl.
>>
>> *nodnod* But that situation didn't really have a powerful malignant
>> force, just an uncontrolled nature-ish one. ^_^ Which is probably why
>> the spirits of the watching Pokemon didn't fly up and join together to
>> make Lugia evolve.
>
>I'm pretty sure Lugia doesn't evolve, although they may change that in the
>next iteration of the Gameboy game.

Well, yeah. But if it *had* been able to. ^_^ (There aren't any
evolving Legendaries, yet...)

>Except for Sakaki (a/k/a Giovanni), there really aren't any powerful
>*malignant* forces in the Pokémon universe, though there's certainly
>lots of petty villainy, and some thoroughly misguided types.

Oh, indeed. And I wouldn't exactly call Team Rocket "powerful". ^_^
(Though, what I've heard about the fourth movie...)

>The Pokémon themselves aren't good or evil (except for Meowth, who
>taught himself to be like a human!).

^-^v Which may make him the most powerful Pokemon of all. ~.~ (Well,
except for Charizard and the Legendary Birds and Dragonite and
Dragonair and really anything more powerful than a Bulbasaur.)

Also, Mewtwo's pretty human. ^_^v And possibly the most cynical person
in the Pokemon universe, which isn't saying much.

>[snippage]
>>>Or Purin (a/k/a Jigglypuff) could show up and put everybody to sleep.
>>
>> Ah, Purin vs. Monzaemon... @_@
>
>Why would Purin want to fight the author of *Sonezaki shinju*? Doesn't she
>like Bunraku?

_-_

Oddly enough, I know exactly what you mean, too. @.@

>>>But Digimon and Pokémon should put aside their differences and join
>>>forces to destroy the real enemy...Monster Rancher!
>>
>> Hey, Monster Rancher's cool. ^_^ It's got an arc-based plot with
>> little filler, and you can't tell me Pixie and Genki aren't one of the
>> most cute-yet-disturbing couples in existance!
>
>Pixie's the only thing tolerable about the show, IMO (except for that lame
>name - hey, I know a demon when I see one!). Genki is such an obvious
>clone of Satoshi (Ash) that Kids WB started running ads pointing out the
>resemblances.

Really? I thought Fox had rights to MR.

>Pokémon certainly doesn't lack for filler, but the overall plot of the
>series (Ash learning to be a Pokémon master) is very well handled, in my
>opinion. Because of the comparatively large number of Pokémon episodes,
>the writers can show the changes in his character gradually.

True; still, the problem is it may be *too* gradual. I do see changes
in the tree-named boy's character, but they're subtle, perhaps overly
so.

On the topic of changes... why hasn't Kasumi entered puberty yet? ^_^;
She should be fourteen by now in the series, right? And yet, her
bodily structure has not altered since we met her.

>Of course, any show that has scenes like the one where Ash disguises
>himself as a giant apple to lure Snorlax up a mountain gets an automatic A+
>from me anyway. ^_^

True. ^_^v I'd at least give it a B+, anyway.

>Mark Steese a/k/a Corvus Marinus
>Not to mention the "Gligerman" episode...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, ah, yes, which managed to
effectively parody both American and Japanese superheroics...

Andrew Perron

Aug 17, 2001, 11:49:29 PM8/17/01
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:08:10 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
<fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>Andrew wrote in message ...
>
>>On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Fish Eye no Miko wrote:
>>
>>:Catherine Johnson. Hey! Both "-mon" shows have a Takeru!
>>
>>Personally, I think both shows should have more feminine-ish looking
>>"-mon"s.
>
>You haven't seen Angewoman or Lady Devimon, have you...?

Or Lillymon, for that matter. ^_^v

>Catherine Johnson. Arukenimon's not bad, either, but she stays pretty well
>covered.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I'll say. Ever her shower scenes
have clothes!

Fish Eye no Miko

Aug 18, 2001, 2:17:04 AM8/18/01
Andrew Perron wrote in message <3b7de5c6...@news.mindspring.com>...

>On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:08:10 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:
>>Andrew wrote in message ...
>>

>>>Personally, I think both shows should have more feminine-ish looking
>>>"-mon"s.
>>
>>You haven't seen Angewoman or Lady Devimon, have you...?
>
>Or Lillymon, for that matter. ^_^v

Oh, yes! She's quite kawaii. ^_^

>>Catherine Johnson. Arukenimon's not bad, either, but she stays pretty
well
>>covered.
>

>Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I'll say. Eve[n] her shower scenes
>have clothes!

LOL! No kidding...
Ya know, seeing as they actually had nude bathing scenes in the first
season of Digimon (which were edited out of the NA version, of course), I
wonder if they gave Arukenimon clothes cuz they knew it would be shown to
an NA audience. Or maybe they just did it to be weird... ^_^

Catherine Johnson, who still can't believe Davis' "strip poker" comment
made it through BS&P.

Andrew Perron

Aug 25, 2001, 6:22:49 PM8/25/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:17:04 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
<fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>Andrew Perron wrote in message <3b7de5c6...@news.mindspring.com>...
>>On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:08:10 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
>><fishey...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>>>You haven't seen Angewoman or Lady Devimon, have you...?
>>
>>Or Lillymon, for that matter. ^_^v
>
>Oh, yes! She's quite kawaii. ^_^

^_^ Though, I think there's a reason she never evolved into Rosemon,
the bondage queen Digimon. <_<;

http://www.megchan.com/digimon/encyclopedia/rosemon.html

>>>Catherine Johnson. Arukenimon's not bad, either, but she stays pretty
>>>well covered.
>>
>>Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I'll say. Eve[n] her shower scenes
>>have clothes!
>
>LOL! No kidding...
>Ya know, seeing as they actually had nude bathing scenes in the first
>season of Digimon (which were edited out of the NA version, of course), I
>wonder if they gave Arukenimon clothes cuz they knew it would be shown to
>an NA audience. Or maybe they just did it to be weird... ^_^

Possibly both. ^_^v Do what you have to, but choose the weirdest way
possible!

>Catherine Johnson, who still can't believe Davis' "strip poker" comment
>made it through BS&P.

Indeed. They seemed to have momentary flashes of sanity near the
end... (Like the entire episode where they used "Digital Gate" instead
of "Digi-Port"...)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, though I'm not sure switching back
and forth is sanity.