Your attention please. . .

Bodger

Feb 24, 2001, 5:03:38 PM2/24/01
In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing. It is my
belief that by doing so, net-denizens will become so sick of the joke that
it will die the terrible and suffocating death it so richly deserves.
Granted, this will result in my personal alienation from all my fellow
internet users, and indeed may create such a concentrated amount of hatred
towards me from others that to even announce my presence on message boards
and the like will result in a massive flame war of unabashed proportions.
It will be worth it, though, to ensure that the state of humor on the net
remains as high quality (or presumably so) as it has in the past.

Thank you.

Bodger
"For great justice."
--

So live, that when thy summons come to join
The innumerable caravan, which moves

- William Cullen Bryant, Thanatopsis

Join the Satellite of Avatars at
http://bodger.homestead.com/files/MiSTingwebsite.html

George Johnson

Feb 24, 2001, 5:45:28 PM2/24/01
"Bodger" <theba...@uswest.net> wrote in message

| In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
| personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
| I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
| belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
| other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing. It is my
| belief that by doing so, net-denizens will become so sick of the joke that
| it will die the terrible and suffocating death it so richly deserves.
| Granted, this will result in my personal alienation from all my fellow
| internet users, and indeed may create such a concentrated amount of hatred
| towards me from others that to even announce my presence on message boards
| and the like will result in a massive flame war of unabashed proportions.
| It will be worth it, though, to ensure that the state of humor on the net
| remains as high quality (or presumably so) as it has in the past.
|
| Thank you.
|
| Bodger
| "For great justice."
| Join the Satellite of Avatars at
| http://bodger.homestead.com/files/MiSTingwebsite.html

All your base are belong to us

--- Are we having a contest now?

Miss Lira

Feb 24, 2001, 8:03:19 PM2/24/01
Bodger://

>In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
>personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
>I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
>belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
>other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing. It is my
>belief that by doing so, net-denizens will become so sick of the joke that
>it will die the terrible and suffocating death it so richly deserves.
>Granted, this will result in my personal alienation from all my fellow
>internet users, and indeed may create such a concentrated amount of hatred
>towards me from others that to even announce my presence on message boards
>and the like will result in a massive flame war of unabashed proportions.
>It will be worth it, though, to ensure that the state of humor on the net
>remains as high quality (or presumably so) as it has in the past.

Oh, sure. Ruin our fun, Miss Long Sig! You can't force the death of a
catchphrase. It has its own natural path that it must follow. If you insist
on this, you will disrupt the balance of the entire universe. If the
delicate balance is upset, then the entire thing could collapse on our
heads. Everything would fall apart. All that would be left would be some
cockroaches, VH1, and alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer. Do you hear me? Is that what
you want? Surely you don't want the destruction of everything good in the
universe on your shoulders, do you?

Well? DO you?

I didn't think so.

Now then, if you really want to preserve the high quality of usenet humor,
let's all post witty new things! Or even just new things. Anything that's
not a URL (even <http://home.epix.net/~eichler/humor/usehumor.htm>) or a
yahoo! entertainment story. Come on! Remember original thought? Let's have
some! Right now! Here! On the coffee table! Who cares if the kids will be
home soon? I want you *now*, Humor! Let's have at it! ::clears extraneous
anime/tv/net crap off of ratmm:: Right here, right now, you, me, some bits
and bytes and a gallon of the sweetest brain juice you've ever freebased.
Aaaaaaw yeah.

Mm.

by the way, have I mentioned I"m very sick and drugged out of my mind right
now? No, really. Yum. Side-effect city has been my weekend vacation spot and
there's not a lot of golfing here.

--
ky mellie (np: heavenly nobodies; lush)
Visit Super Mel's Sheep Ranch: http://sheepranch.home.mindspring.com

And knowing is half the battle.

Feb 24, 2001, 8:48:47 PM2/24/01
What you say?

Gbobolink

Feb 24, 2001, 9:01:33 PM2/24/01
>In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
>personal sacrifice.

Is that your final sacrifice?

> So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
>I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
>belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
>other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing.

Really? Then I make it my duty to from now on, whenever someone mentions Final
Fantasy IX, I will promptly ask "Isn't that the game that Square ripped off
He-Man?"

> It is my
>belief that by doing so, net-denizens will become so sick of the joke that
>it will die the terrible and suffocating death it so richly deserves.

It'll be while, because that joke is the choice of Generation Next!

>It will be worth it, though, to ensure that the state of humor on the net
>remains as high quality (or presumably so) as it has in the past.

There was high quality humor on the internet??? And no one told me?

Aw, I'm just kidding. You're okay, kid.

>Thank you.

[Merlin]: You're welcome!

>Bodger
>"For great justice."

Darth Kirby
Oh, and I hear that the Care Bears are in Final Fantasy X.

Trademark

Feb 24, 2001, 9:23:45 PM2/24/01
"Bodger" wrote:

> In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
> personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it
all,
> I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base
are
> belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
> other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing.

Nonetheless, it remains the almost perfect comment to use in response to
L33T IRC trolls.

Trademark
(Who occasionally take the time to point out that "1337" is the preferred
spelling.)

Bryan Lambert

Feb 24, 2001, 11:43:43 PM2/24/01
On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:23:45 -0800, "Trademark" <howl@themoon> wrote:

>"Bodger" wrote:
>
>> In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
>> personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it
>all,
>> I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base
>are
>> belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
>> other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing.
>
>Nonetheless, it remains the almost perfect comment to use in response to
>L33T IRC trolls.

Plus, it's not about just saying it. It's about Photoshop magick.

Bryan "www.allyourbase.net" Lambert

MAIL: bryn...@minn.net WEB: homegame.org/canvas/
Visit homegame.org NOW. Keeper: Modern Space Ghost FAQ
Submit. Submit! SUBMIT TO EL GRINDO!

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 24, 2001, 11:05:31 PM2/24/01

And knowing is half the battle. <lot...@aol.comaol.com> wrote in message
> What you say?

Hit the road, Jack.

--
"Reminding you that Ray Charles is God."
-- Robert "Big Rob" Fontenot

Bodger

Feb 25, 2001, 1:14:48 AM2/25/01

The Midnight Rambler <bigrobis...@home.com> wrote in message

Wheeeee! I love it when you divert the joke! *smooch*

Bodger
"Happily remaining coherent. . . for now."
--

"This here is my sig. Is it not short? Condense the sig."

Bodger

Feb 25, 2001, 1:12:13 AM2/25/01

Miss Lira <melc...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Bodger://
>
> >In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
> >personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it
all,
> >I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base
are
> >belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
> >other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing. It is
my
> >belief that by doing so, net-denizens will become so sick of the joke
that
> >it will die the terrible and suffocating death it so richly deserves.
> >Granted, this will result in my personal alienation from all my fellow
> >internet users, and indeed may create such a concentrated amount of
hatred
> >towards me from others that to even announce my presence on message
boards
> >and the like will result in a massive flame war of unabashed proportions.
> >It will be worth it, though, to ensure that the state of humor on the net
> >remains as high quality (or presumably so) as it has in the past.
>
> Oh, sure. Ruin our fun, Miss Long Sig! You can't force the death of a
> catchphrase. It has its own natural path that it must follow.

You're right. It killed itself about three days ago. Now its ghost is
haunting me, whispering incoherent gibberish as I lie awake quivering at
night for fears of dreaming about Cats setting me up the bomb. Before much
longer all that I write will be written in mangled English the likes of
which rival even Dr. Thinker in lack of grammatical ability. *sob*

>If you insist
> on this, you will disrupt the balance of the entire universe. If the
> delicate balance is upset, then the entire thing could collapse on our
> heads. Everything would fall apart. All that would be left would be some
> cockroaches, VH1, and alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer. Do you hear me? Is that what
> you want? Surely you don't want the destruction of everything good in the
> universe on your shoulders, do you?

Well I--

> Well? DO you?

That is to say--

> I didn't think so.

Huh.

> Now then, if you really want to preserve the high quality of usenet
humor,
> let's all post witty new things! Or even just new things. Anything that's
> not a URL (even <http://home.epix.net/~eichler/humor/usehumor.htm>) or a
> yahoo! entertainment story. Come on! Remember original thought? Let's have
> some! Right now! Here! On the coffee table! Who cares if the kids will be
> home soon? I want you *now*, Humor! Let's have at it! ::clears extraneous
> anime/tv/net crap off of ratmm:: Right here, right now, you, me, some bits
> and bytes and a gallon of the sweetest brain juice you've ever freebased.
> Aaaaaaw yeah.

Death is easy. Comedy is hard.

And they say I'm incapable of double-entendres. . .

> Mm.
>
> by the way, have I mentioned I"m very sick and drugged out of my mind
right
> now? No, really. Yum. Side-effect city has been my weekend vacation spot
and
> there's not a lot of golfing here.

Yeouch. Well, get better soon. Shall I send you up the soup?

*cackles insanely*

> ky mellie (np: heavenly nobodies; lush)
> Visit Super Mel's Sheep Ranch: http://sheepranch.home.mindspring.com
> flaming cat:// Oh right. I heard you were so scared you forgot the safe
word
> and started reading the dictionary out loud.

Bodger
"Is it dead yet?" "No." "Is it dead yet?" "NO!" "Is it dead yet?"
"ARRRGH!"
--

"This here is my sig. Is it not short? Condense the sig."

Join the Satellite of Avatars at
http://bodger.homestead.com/files/MiSTingwebsite.html

Noah Singman

Feb 25, 2001, 11:02:52 AM2/25/01
"The Midnight Rambler" <bigrobis...@home.com> wrote:

> And knowing is half the battle. <lot...@aol.comaol.com> wrote in message
> > What you say?

> Hit the road, Jack.

> "Reminding you that Ray Charles is God."

As if we need a reminder. Does anyone else remember that Flip Wilson
Columbus special? It was his promise to discover Ray Charles that got
Isabella to loosen the purse strings.

Noah
MST#59539
Ray IS the right one, baby. Uh HUH!

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 25, 2001, 7:27:39 PM2/25/01

> The Midnight Rambler <bigrobis...@home.com> wrote in message
> >
> > And knowing is half the battle. <lot...@aol.comaol.com> wrote in message
> > > What you say?
> >
> > Hit the road, Jack.
> >
> > --
> > "Reminding you that Ray Charles is God."
> > -- Robert "Big Rob" Fontenot
> > The Midnight Rambler
> > http://beatles.about.com
>
> Wheeeee! I love it when you divert the joke! *smooch*

*THUD*!

Even better, I don't know much or care much what the original joke was a
bout, Bodge dear. :)

--
"*Thud* is a term of endearment of sorts."

Randy Golden

Feb 25, 2001, 10:19:01 PM2/25/01
Mellie://

>Bodger://
>
>>In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
>>personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
>>I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
>>belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
>>other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing. It is my
>>belief that by doing so, net-denizens will become so sick of the joke that
>>it will die the terrible and suffocating death it so richly deserves.
>>Granted, this will result in my personal alienation from all my fellow
>>internet users, and indeed may create such a concentrated amount of hatred
>>towards me from others that to even announce my presence on message boards
>>and the like will result in a massive flame war of unabashed proportions.
>>It will be worth it, though, to ensure that the state of humor on the net
>>remains as high quality (or presumably so) as it has in the past.
>
> Oh, sure. Ruin our fun, Miss Long Sig! You can't force the death of a
>catchphrase.

We should be so lucky. If killing a catchphrase were as easy as snapping one's
fingers, then, as far as I'm concerned, "WHASSSUUUUP?" would have died
stillborn.

> It has its own natural path that it must follow.

Observe, as previously recounted in my award-losing fifth-grade science fair
project:

THE LIFE CYCLE OF A CATCHPHRASE

BIRTH: The originating phrase occurs as a natural event, be it in a beer
slogan, movie trailer, or TV show.

STAGE ONE (the "Chrysalis" stage): The highest evolved participants on the
'Net hear it and pass it on, often maintaining an air of enviably tantalizing
obliquity. (RATMMer equivalent: Big Rob, swac, Jess)

STAGE TWO (the "Ubiquitous Pretty Butterfly" stage): The above folks' various
hangers-on, sycophants, and assorted co-conspirators hear it, pass it on, and
do their part to help run it into the ground, often without knowing or caring
about the original source. Talk-show hosts shout "Carpe Diem!" and incorporate
it into their nightly routines. (RATMMer equivalent: average RATMMer)

STAGE THREE (the "So Five Minutes Ago" stage): Newbies, just learning the
basics in Catchphrasing Handling techniques but often lacking some necessary
skills, fumble with it sometimes coming up with painful variations. Jay Leno
celebrates his one-month anniversary using it as monologue filler. Becomes a
staple in teen comedies. (RATMMer equivalent: rookies, Jonah Falcon)

STAGE FOUR: This stage is so below anyone's radar that it has no cutesy label
of its own. The catchphrase now largely exists only as the occasional reflex
reaction, though usually delivered with enough irony (funny or otherwise) to
discourage listeners from inflicting massive injuries upon the user. Newbies
shy away from it, fearing the possibility of looking UNKEWL. New commercials
appear which openly mock it. Dan Rather is seen using it with the utmost
sincerity. (RATMMer equivalent: everyone's killfile barnacles; cascades)

FINAL STAGE--Catchphrase Heat Death: At this point, the once-beloved
catchphrase has become Anti-Comedy, sullying and souring all within its
vicinity. Begins popping up regularly on sitcoms and in direct-to-video
movies. (RATMMer equivalent: spam; Ungvichian)

So this "ALL YOU BASE" thingamabob of which you speak (to which I can only
respond, "...the hell?") will die eventually. Fear not.

>If you insist
>on this, you will disrupt the balance of the entire universe. If the
>delicate balance is upset, then the entire thing could collapse on our
>heads. Everything would fall apart. All that would be left would be some
>cockroaches, VH1, and alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer.

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!

> Do you hear me? Is that what
>you want? Surely you don't want the destruction of everything good in the
>universe on your shoulders, do you?
>
> Well? DO you?
>
> I didn't think so.

Now hold on a sec. Are there, perchance, prizes involved?

> Now then, if you really want to preserve the high quality of usenet humor,
>let's all post witty new things! Or even just new things. Anything that's
>not a URL (even <http://home.epix.net/~eichler/humor/usehumor.htm>)

I didn't even know that existed.
[wastes part of day perusing]

>or a
>yahoo! entertainment story. Come on! Remember original thought? Let's have
>some! Right now! Here! On the coffee table! Who cares if the kids will be
>home soon? I want you *now*, Humor! Let's have at it! ::clears extraneous
>anime/tv/net crap off of ratmm:: Right here, right now, you, me, some bits
>and bytes and a gallon of the sweetest brain juice you've ever freebased.
>Aaaaaaw yeah.

Okay. Ready? First improv-slash-stream-of-consciousness that pops into my
head. Here we go...

...choklit be nummy.

Randy G.
(...what? I suck at performing on demand, okay?)

MST Info Club #94720. E-mail always welcome.
"The capacity for hurting others is the second most common element in the
universe, coming only behind stupidity."
--Spock, "Star Trek: New Frontier" Book 10, "Excalibur: Renaissance".

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 25, 2001, 11:46:22 PM2/25/01

Randy Golden <auri...@aol.com> let the dogs out in message
> Mellie://
> >Bodger://

(snip hilarious anxiety of Mellie and a truly brilliant and ROTFL analysis
by Randy)

Why don't we just...

TEST these theories.

Think of how cool it would be if we could start a catchphrase, right here on
RATMM, and send it into the world. Think of how smug we'd feel when Regis
said it in an attempt to look hip, or it gets used in an ad campaign for
Burger King. The soulless demons that routinely eat our brain cells through
the lower entertainment mediums would be, collectively, drinking the
collective beer that we, RATMM, had collectively peed in. Collectively.

The way it works is simple. We start a catchphrase here, and then each one
of us performs a few choice tasks.

For example, let's say we select the following catchphrase:

MONKEY SUGAR

...to refer to anything that makes one physically satisfied.

Then we would each do this:

1) Use it somewhere on our webpage, in context but with absolutely no
explanation.
"I have some completely awesome photos of Jennifer Lopez on this site.
They're fucking monkey sugar, man. They're hot."

2) Use it in conversation with one different friend over the course of a
week, every week.
"Noah, did you see that girl's breasts?" "Monkey sugar, Ernie. Puuuure
monkey sugar."

3) Go to mtv.com, specifically here:
http://www.mtv.com/mtv/tubescan/trl/playmysong/index.jhtml
Select your favorite song from the TRL menu, and in the comment field write
something like "This ROOLZ! Totally MONKEY SUGAR!" (I have already completed
this task.)

If we all do this, for whatever phrase we cook up, I bet we'll be basking in
the idiot glow of it all within the year. Some crap indie band will have
some bad song named after it, and Bob Dole will go on SNL and use it during
some sort of Viagra skit.

The possibilities!

--
"Think about it, is all I'm saying."

Gbobolink

Feb 26, 2001, 12:03:15 AM2/26/01
>Randy Golden <auri...@aol.com> let the dogs out in message
>> Mellie://
>> >Bodger://
>
>(snip hilarious anxiety of Mellie and a truly brilliant and ROTFL analysis
>by Randy)

(And snip Big Rob's hilarious idea for a test)

That's pure Monkey Sugar, Rob. I'm with ya. Power to the "Munk Sug"!

(By the way, I am now going to call into the local radio station and dedicate
to my pal who is pure Monkey Sugar! Woo!)

Darth "Like a Packer in Wisconsin" Kirby
Okay, so I can't think of anything hilarious and I've been here a year. My time
will come.

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 26, 2001, 12:16:25 AM2/26/01

Gbobolink <gbob...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >Randy Golden <auri...@aol.com> let the dogs out in message
> >> Mellie://
> >
> >(snip hilarious anxiety of Mellie and a truly brilliant and ROTFL
analysis
> >by Randy)
>
> (And snip Big Rob's hilarious idea for a test)
>
> That's pure Monkey Sugar, Rob. I'm with ya. Power to the "Munk Sug"!
>
> (By the way, I am now going to call into the local radio station and
dedicate
> to my pal who is pure Monkey Sugar! Woo!)

Hey! Yeah! Add that to the list. That's brilliant.

--
"In fact, it's monkey sugar."

Stephen Cooke

Feb 26, 2001, 9:22:21 AM2/26/01

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, The Midnight Rambler wrote:

> Gbobolink <gbob...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >Randy Golden <auri...@aol.com> let the dogs out in message
> > >
> > >(snip hilarious anxiety of Mellie and a truly brilliant and ROTFL
> analysis
> > >by Randy)
> >
> > (And snip Big Rob's hilarious idea for a test)
> >
> > That's pure Monkey Sugar, Rob. I'm with ya. Power to the "Munk Sug"!
> >
> > (By the way, I am now going to call into the local radio station and
> dedicate
> > to my pal who is pure Monkey Sugar! Woo!)
>
> Hey! Yeah! Add that to the list. That's brilliant.
>
> --
> "In fact, it's monkey sugar."

So would a superlative example be mojo monkey sugar?

I gots to know.

swac
Someday monkey sugar trade on sample...

Carl Burke

Feb 26, 2001, 9:55:56 AM2/26/01
The Midnight Rambler wrote:

> Even better, I don't know much or care much what the original joke was a
> bout, Bodge dear. :)

I know you don't care, but it seems to be about incoherent spam
that people are replying to. I can't say for sure, since all the
original spam posts are eaten by our server and never show up,
but based on people's reactions that seems the most likely explanation.

But what do you care; you're still drooling after that *smooch* you got.
Time to go through your pockets looking for loose change.

--
Barcode

Ysidro

Feb 26, 2001, 4:12:57 PM2/26/01
The Midnight Rambler wrote:

> Randy Golden <auri...@aol.com> let the dogs out in message
> > Mellie://
> > >Bodger://
>
> (snip hilarious anxiety of Mellie and a truly brilliant and ROTFL analysis
> by Randy)
>
> Why don't we just...
>
> TEST these theories.
>
> Think of how cool it would be if we could start a catchphrase, right here on
> RATMM, and send it into the world. Think of how smug we'd feel when Regis
> said it in an attempt to look hip, or it gets used in an ad campaign for
> Burger King. The soulless demons that routinely eat our brain cells through
> the lower entertainment mediums would be, collectively, drinking the
> collective beer that we, RATMM, had collectively peed in. Collectively.
>
> The way it works is simple. We start a catchphrase here, and then each one
> of us performs a few choice tasks.
>
> For example, let's say we select the following catchphrase:
>
> MONKEY SUGAR
>
> ...to refer to anything that makes one physically satisfied.

That idea is pure monkey sugar, Rob!

> Then we would each do this:
>
> 1) Use it somewhere on our webpage, in context but with absolutely no
> explanation.
> "I have some completely awesome photos of Jennifer Lopez on this site.
> They're fucking monkey sugar, man. They're hot."
>
> 2) Use it in conversation with one different friend over the course of a
> week, every week.
> "Noah, did you see that girl's breasts?" "Monkey sugar, Ernie. Puuuure
> monkey sugar."
>
> 3) Go to mtv.com, specifically here:
> http://www.mtv.com/mtv/tubescan/trl/playmysong/index.jhtml
> Select your favorite song from the TRL menu, and in the comment field write
> something like "This ROOLZ! Totally MONKEY SUGAR!" (I have already completed
> this task.)

I don't believe it, but I actually did it. Even though I don't have a
favorite song. Even though I've never heard *any* of the songs listed.
Even though I only know of about six of the artists/bands on the page.

My personal belief is that most good music stopped being made on
February, 6 1976.

> If we all do this, for whatever phrase we cook up, I bet we'll be basking in
> the idiot glow of it all within the year. Some crap indie band will have
> some bad song named after it, and Bob Dole will go on SNL and use it during
> some sort of Viagra skit.
>
> The possibilities!
>
> --
> "Think about it, is all I'm saying."
> -- Robert "Big Rob" Fontenot
> The Midnight Rambler
> http://beatles.about.com

Ysidro "too tired to snip. SOmeone gimmie some monkey sugar"
--
Penn-Ohio Historical European Martial Arts Society
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~ysidro/pohemas.html

Tammy Stephanie Davis

Feb 26, 2001, 4:38:03 PM2/26/01
In article <3A9AC6...@bellatlantic.net>,
Ysidro <ysi...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

O.K. I'll bite. What happened on February 6, 1976?

----TSD(Besides most good music stop being made....)

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 26, 2001, 5:05:13 PM2/26/01

Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
..

Mojo Monkey Brown Sugar? EW.

> I gots to know.

*points the empty .357 at swac and pulls the trigger*

--
"Well, I guess he WAS lucky, after all."

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 26, 2001, 5:10:03 PM2/26/01

Tammy Stephanie Davis <t...@login.itd.umich.edu> wrote in message

The only thing I could find was that Vince Guaraldi died on that day.

--
"I can see his point, sort of. I think."

Ysidro

Feb 26, 2001, 5:17:39 PM2/26/01

I decided it would be a good day to pop out and join the world. :)

Ysidro

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 26, 2001, 5:21:17 PM2/26/01

Ysidro <ysi...@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message

And in the process, you killed good music everywhere, and Vince Guaraldi,
who was minding his own business and not saying shit to anyone!

--
"Mellie told me to tell you: no monkey sugar tonight."

Andrew

Feb 26, 2001, 5:39:43 PM2/26/01

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Ysidro wrote:

(snip, snip, Playin' "Escape From Monkey Sugar Island"...)

:> 3) Go to mtv.com, specifically here:

:> http://www.mtv.com/mtv/tubescan/trl/playmysong/index.jhtml
:> Select your favorite song from the TRL menu, and in the comment field write
:> something like "This ROOLZ! Totally MONKEY SUGAR!" (I have already completed
:> this task.)
:>
:
:I don't believe it, but I actually did it. Even though I don't have a
:favorite song. Even though I've never heard *any* of the songs listed.
:Even though I only know of about six of the artists/bands on the page.
:
:My personal belief is that most good music stopped being made on
:February, 6 1976.

Okay, I'll bite. Why February 6, 1976?

---Andrew "Haven't Got Time for the Pain" Kunz

Chris Mehring

Feb 26, 2001, 6:30:48 PM2/26/01
Somehow, The Midnight Rambler got this message out of Ward E:

It's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it could blow
your head clean off.

From _Dirty Harry_, a definite Monkey Sugar Movie!

Chris "Fired six shots" Mehring

The HHH of D-Generation X 3000.
"If there's one thing I've learned from Portal of Evil, it's that people
will romance any animal." -- Trademark
To reply e-mail address must be "pepsi" free.

Bodger

Feb 26, 2001, 6:28:00 PM2/26/01

Carl Burke <cbu...@mitre.org> wrote in message

Well actually. . .

There's a rather horrible little trend in the video gaming circles lately.
It basically encompasses a little-known Genesis shooter game called Zero
Wing, which is most infamous for an introduction in English so mangled it
makes some of the early dubs of Japanese films seem coherent. The intro was
introduced to the general gaming public on a site known as Zany Video Game
Quotes, which finds some of the goofier examples of dialogue in video games
and posts screenshots of them. (A favorite site, actually. . . it's at
http://zanyvg.overclocked.org/ for anybody who's interested.) Anyway,
somebody made a music video of it, and suddenly quotes from it were
EVERYWHERE.

Suffice to say, it makes me ill just seeing it these days.

Bodger
"And if Rob could get me some quarters while he's looking for change?
That'd be monkey sugar, babe."

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 26, 2001, 6:34:47 PM2/26/01

Chris Mehring <cmehr...@aol.compepsi> wrote in message

Well, I guess I'm just not in your caliber, big shot.

> From _Dirty Harry_, a definite Monkey Sugar Movie!

Mmm. Someone's kissing me. It must be a beautiful woman.

--
"CLYDE!"

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 26, 2001, 6:36:18 PM2/26/01

Bodger <theba...@uswest.net> wrote in message

Keep calling me 'babe' and smooching me, and you can have everything in my
pockets!

Oh, man, did that sound bad. I meant money.

--
"Of course, there's none of that there. So..."

Ysidro

Feb 26, 2001, 7:09:07 PM2/26/01

Read the reply to Tammy asking the same question.

Ysidro

Ysidro

Feb 26, 2001, 7:11:36 PM2/26/01

That about sums it up. Betcha didn't know I organized the creation of
80's pop before I could read.

> --
> "Mellie told me to tell you: no monkey sugar tonight."

Yeah right. She'll come around. She always comes around.

Ysidro, "monkey sugar... pop rocks... fizzing... IRC flashbacks...
NOOOOOOOOO! Get Dame Edna away from me!"

Andrew Morris

Feb 26, 2001, 7:21:42 PM2/26/01
On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:03:38 -0800, "Bodger" <theba...@uswest.net>
wrote:

>In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
>personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
>I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
>belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
>other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing.

OK, here's a dumb question. Please keep in mind that I've had the
Martian Death Flu for the past week and haven't been able to keep up
the way I should have:

What is Zero Wing?

At this point, all I know is that the local catchphrases seem to have
melted down, and all grammar and syntax seem to be out of time and
place. And why did I miss this? Did I not pay my dues on time? Did I
sleep through the meteor shower? Is this just the natural result of
taking NyQuil and watching "Rocky Horror" to get to sleep last night?

What?

(And I don't wanna go look in the search engines. My head would
probably explode.)
-- Andrew "Retro-Man" Morris (mor...@charlie.iit.edu)

Stephen Cooke

Feb 26, 2001, 8:43:08 PM2/26/01

Okay, let me just empty out my brainpan here, just so you know what's been
going through my head all day...

Oh, sugar.
*doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
Ah, monkey monkey.
*doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
You are my candy aaaaape.
And you've got me wanting goo.

swac
Thanks for your time.

Chris Mehring

Feb 26, 2001, 10:46:52 PM2/26/01
Somehow, The Midnight Rambler got this message out of Ward E:

Chris Mehring

Feb 26, 2001, 10:54:54 PM2/26/01
Somehow, I got this message out of Ward E by pressing the right button to quote
The Midnight Rambler who had previously posted:

>Chris Mehring <cmehr...@aol.compepsi> wrote in message
>> Somehow, The Midnight Rambler got this message out of Ward E:
>>

>> >Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

>.
>> >..

>> >Mojo Monkey Brown Sugar? EW.

>> >*points the empty .357 at swac and pulls the trigger*
>> >
>> >--
>> >"Well, I guess he WAS lucky, after all."
>>
>> It's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it could
>blow
>> your head clean off.
>
>Well, I guess I'm just not in your caliber, big shot.

Go ahead, make my day.*

>> From _Dirty Harry_, a definite Monkey Sugar Movie!
>
>Mmm. Someone's kissing me. It must be a beautiful woman.

All truth, beauty, and monkey sugar are now gone from this world. And I don't
care if it was a _The Critic_ ref.

>"CLYDE!"

Right turn, Clyde.

*-Example of the prior catchphrase gone wild.

Chris "So, Eastwood needed a pay day?" Mehring

Bodger

Feb 26, 2001, 11:45:52 PM2/26/01

Andrew Morris <mor...@charlie.iit.edu> wrote in message

. . . I'm not explaining this again.

http://zanyvg.overclocked.org/

Bodger
"The original source of all our pain is near the bottom of the list."

Chris Mehring

Feb 27, 2001, 12:16:46 AM2/27/01
Somehow, Bodger got this message out of Ward E:

Archie is "the original source of all our pain"?

Chris "Miss Grundy, sure; but Archie?" Mehring

Bodger

Feb 27, 2001, 12:54:07 AM2/27/01

Chris Mehring <cmehr...@aol.compepsi> wrote in message

Wrong list.

Bodger
"Although Archie comes a close second."

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 27, 2001, 12:53:42 AM2/27/01

You see? Already, Mr. Vagi - I mean, Cooke has unknowingly started the
process. Soon, he will feel compelled to say "monkey sugar" to someone, a
someone who will tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on, until
Carson Daly is instructed to say it the next time he introduces Crazy Town
on TRL.

--
"ETA in a teen movie trailer: 14 months."

John Hopkins

Feb 27, 2001, 5:35:48 AM2/27/01
"The Midnight Rambler" <bigrobis...@home.com> wrote in message

Monkey sugar tonight
in your coffee!
Monkey sugar tonight
not me!
Monkey sugar tonight
dot 'n doo-daw!
Monkey sugar tonight
naw naw!

Yers,
/John -- glad to contribute to the Cause
http://www.darkhop.com/

Julia

Feb 27, 2001, 7:52:38 AM2/27/01

There's also a much cooler full-screen version of it at this URL:

http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf

Enjoy!

Julia - at work waaaayyy too early today.

Michael Clear

Feb 27, 2001, 4:59:07 PM2/27/01

Julia <jso...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
(snip)

> Julia - at work waaaayyy too early today.

Ha! You, working. The very idea is funny. Admit it, you went in early to
impress your boss and spent the whole time scarfing down donuts and then
napping.

Michael Clear
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.michael-clear.com
Updated 5/13/00

Reply to:
maclear(at)nycap.rr.com

flaming cat

Feb 27, 2001, 5:37:14 PM2/27/01
In article <20010227001646...@ng-fw1.aol.com>, cmehring44
@aol.compepsi says...

http://www.mcstories.com/Archie/index.html

And if you haven't learned caution in following my links... there's not
much I can do for you.

--
flaming cat
(muahahahaha)

flaming cat

Feb 27, 2001, 5:42:45 PM2/27/01
In article <3A9BA316...@rocketmail.com>, jso...@rocketmail.com
says...

lol! That was amusing, to say the least.

--
flaming cat
(wasn't even ill, but still woke up to "all your base are belong to us"

Andrew Morris

Feb 27, 2001, 6:46:08 PM2/27/01
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:21:42 GMT, mor...@charlie.iit.edu (Andrew
Morris) wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:03:38 -0800, "Bodger" <theba...@uswest.net>
>wrote:
>
>>In the interest of all humor on the internet, I am hereby announcing my
>>personal sacrifice. So that all will be able to see the banality of it all,
>>I will from now on answer all posts with only the phrases "All your base are
>>belong to us," "Someone set us up the bomb," "For great justice," and all
>>other trite and idiotic catchphrases from the intro the Zero Wing.

[dumbass response to Bodger's post deleted]

Dude, simple rule: READ BEFORE YOU POST. Do us all a favor next time,
'k?

Andrew Morris

Feb 27, 2001, 6:55:17 PM2/27/01
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:52:38 -0600, Julia <jso...@rocketmail.com>
wrote:

>There's also a much cooler full-screen version of it at this URL:
>
>http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf
>
>Enjoy!

Oh, I think I'd enjoy it more if it had the chintzy Genesis music and
sound effects, but at least I get it now.

I still like Altered Beast better, though.

Stephen Cooke

Feb 27, 2001, 7:02:18 PM2/27/01

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, The Midnight Rambler wrote:

> Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

> > Okay, let me just empty out my brainpan here, just so you know what's been
> > going through my head all day...
> >

> > Oh, sugar.
> > *doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
> > Ah, monkey monkey.
> > *doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
> > You are my candy aaaaape.
> > And you've got me wanting goo.
>
> You see? Already, Mr. Vagi - I mean, Cooke has unknowingly started the
> process. Soon, he will feel compelled to say "monkey sugar" to someone, a
> someone who will tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on, until
> Carson Daly is instructed to say it the next time he introduces Crazy Town
> on TRL.

Up here in Canada, I think MuchMusic's Master T is already into the monkey
sugar in a big way, if you catch my drift.

> "ETA in a teen movie trailer: 14 months."

Freddie Prince Jr. and Jennifer Love Hewitt star in Monkey Sugar! About
one man's quest to find an apartment filled with supermodels who don't
know they're lovely without glasses on, with the help of a magic crab,
based loosely on Love's Labours Lost and the complete works of Ernst
Lubitsch!

swac
With Teri Garr as "The Mom"

Stephen Cooke

Feb 27, 2001, 7:23:46 PM2/27/01

I'd make a joke about Johnny Mercer's Monkey Sugar Is So Refined if I
thought someone would know what I was talking about.

swac
Oh, who am I kiddin'? This is RATMM!

Chris Mehring

Feb 27, 2001, 7:52:07 PM2/27/01
Somehow, flaming cat got this message out of Ward E:

[Naively] It has Archie in the URL, I don't see what could possibly be
wro......wro...n...g

Betty's Complete Submission?

>flaming cat
>(muahahahaha)

Chris "EVIL! YOU ARE...oh, wait you knew that" Mehring

Matthew Blackwell

Feb 27, 2001, 7:53:54 PM2/27/01
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:24:19 GMT, bil...@hiwaay.net (Bill Livingston)
wrote:

>Previously on "MTV's Monkey Sugar Live", Stephen Cooke wrote:
>>Okay, let me just empty out my brainpan here, just so you know what's been
>>going through my head all day...
>

>Moxie-scented neck juice?!? Ewwwwwww! (It's swac-in-a-pan!)

>>Oh, sugar.
>>*doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
>>Ah, monkey monkey.
>>*doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
>>You are my candy aaaaape.
>>And you've got me wanting goo.
>

>This will all end in tears. I just know it. 8-12 months from now, someone is
>going to release a novelty record (a la "Whoop! There It Is" or "Who Let the
>Dogs Out?") entitled "Monkey Sugar Time"! It'll get played about 31,409 times
>a day on heavy rotation and drive a large portion of the populace nutsoid.

Ahem.

o/' Alright! My name is Matt! Let's go! It's Monkey Time! It's sugar
time! Monkey sugar time! o/'

Bill will get this.

Matt- <insert electric banjo riff here>

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 27, 2001, 8:43:05 PM2/27/01

Bill Livingston <bil...@hiwaay.net> wrote in message
> >>. . . I'm not explaining this again.
> >>
> >>http://zanyvg.overclocked.org/
> >
> >There's also a much cooler full-screen version of it at this URL:
> >
> >http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf
> >
> >Enjoy!
>
> Wow! That was just bizarre - sort of like a tour of the danger of
Photoshop
> addiction set to rave.
>
> I also note that the credits include someone named "BioHazard". Ken?

This may have been mentioned before, but did anyone notice that the music
was done by The Laziest Man On Mars?

> Bill L.
> On the to Monkey Sugar! Uh, Destruction!

Monkely Assugared Destruction?

--
"Or, How I Learned To Stop Zigging And Set Us Up The Bomb."

The Midnight Rambler

Feb 27, 2001, 9:03:31 PM2/27/01
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, The Midnight Rambler wrote:
>
> > Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
>
> > > Okay, let me just empty out my brainpan here, just so you know what's
been
> > > going through my head all day...
> > >

> > > Oh, sugar.
> > > *doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
> > > Ah, monkey monkey.
> > > *doo-doot doot dooo doot doo*
> > > You are my candy aaaaape.
> > > And you've got me wanting goo.
> >
> > You see? Already, Mr. Vagi - I mean, Cooke has unknowingly started the
> > process. Soon, he will feel compelled to say "monkey sugar" to someone,
> > someone who will tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on,
until
> > Carson Daly is instructed to say it the next time he introduces Crazy
Town
> > on TRL.
>
> Up here in Canada, I think MuchMusic's Master T is already into the monkey
> sugar in a big way, if you catch my drift.

Oh, yeah, mon. Up there they smoke that shit all de time.

I want to get, er, sugared with Master T. And then I want to sugar Sook-Yin
Lee.

(Man, that's one handy phrase.)

> > "ETA in a teen movie trailer: 14 months."
>
> Freddie Prince Jr. and Jennifer Love Hewitt star in Monkey Sugar! About
> one man's quest to find an apartment filled with supermodels who don't
> know they're lovely without glasses on, with the help of a magic crab,
> based loosely on Love's Labours Lost and the complete works of Ernst
> Lubitsch!

That's a little TOO accurate, swac. But the title needs changing: it won't
sell unless you retitle it something like "Sugaring Stephen's Monkey."

--
"I was gonna say it r0x0r, but that's so done."

Bodger

Feb 28, 2001, 12:32:41 AM2/28/01

The Midnight Rambler <bigrobis...@home.com> wrote in message

I knew there was a reason I loved this newsgroup.

Bodger
"Thanks! I needed to find a way to laugh at that line again."

Gbobolink

Feb 28, 2001, 12:40:38 AM2/28/01
>http://www.mcstories.com/Archie/index.html
>
>And if you haven't learned caution in following my links... there's not
>much I can do for you.

*sniff* That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.
But... but what about Jughead?

>flaming cat
>(muahahahaha)

Evil! It's the fun, economical way to inflict pain! (Available where ever good
is sold.)

Darth Kirby
> But Veronica, I will make her a whore.

Stephen Cooke

Feb 28, 2001, 1:13:21 AM2/28/01

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, The Midnight Rambler wrote:

> Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Up here in Canada, I think MuchMusic's Master T is already into the monkey
> > sugar in a big way, if you catch my drift.
>
> Oh, yeah, mon. Up there they smoke that shit all de time.

Smoke, snort, inject, mix with flour and eggs and bake...you name it.

> I want to get, er, sugared with Master T. And then I want to sugar Sook-Yin
> Lee.
>
> (Man, that's one handy phrase.)

Sook-Yin is Chinese for monkey sugar, as luck would have it.

(And she told me once that I made her day, so we'll always have Mic Mac
Mall...)

> > > "ETA in a teen movie trailer: 14 months."
> >
> > Freddie Prince Jr. and Jennifer Love Hewitt star in Monkey Sugar! About
> > one man's quest to find an apartment filled with supermodels who don't
> > know they're lovely without glasses on, with the help of a magic crab,
> > based loosely on Love's Labours Lost and the complete works of Ernst
> > Lubitsch!
>
> That's a little TOO accurate, swac. But the title needs changing: it won't
> sell unless you retitle it something like "Sugaring Stephen's Monkey."

Ah, I always fall back on the details. How about Can't Hardly Sugar
Monkey? Ten Things I Like About Sugar Monkey? Simply Irresistable Sugar
Monkey? The possibilities are endless.

Add Piper Perabo for Sugar Monkey Ugly.

> "I was gonna say it r0x0r, but that's so done."

swac
*sticks a fork in Rob*

Bill Livingston

Mar 1, 2001, 12:20:42 AM3/1/01

SEE YOU IN MONKEY SUGAR, YOU BASTARDS!!!

>Matt- <insert electric banjo riff here>

I swear I will not rest until I have avenged this riff!

Bill L.
Banzai!
bil...@hiwaay.net http://home.hiwaay.net/~billfl

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you're smart,
surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."
Isaac Jaffee (Robert Guillome), "Sports Night"