How's the MILFORD PLAZA

GOMEZ V JAVIER

Oct 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/1/95

Now that there has been a talk about the EDISON I would like to ask about
the Milford. I will be in NYC from Nov 1 to 5 and I booked the Milford.
Can someone tell me how is it? I got a special rate with a mexican
operator at 105.00 per double room pr night including taxes...Can someone
tell me if there is a better option?

Regards

Claudio Carrera

Adara Rose

Oct 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/1/95
Ah...the Milford Plaza--so many wonderful memories there.

The Milford Plaza is well-known to theatre-goers, chiefly for its
proximity to the Majestic--where people would wait in line for returns for
Phantom--The Milford Plaza was the nearest hotel and many a line-waiter
would sneak in to use the lavatory.

Actually, I haven't stayed in the hotel for QUITE SOME TIME -- hopefully,
it has been redone. What it has going for it is location and price. The
room I was in was unbelievably small and not all that clean. Still, you
don't go to New York planning to stay in a hotel room all day long, so it
may fit the bill.

Sharon
adar...@aol.com

Karen Mercedes

Oct 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/2/95

I stayed at the Milford in May, and felt it was a cut above other hotels I've
used in New York for the same price, and certainly about 10 cuts above the
horrible Quality Hotel (stay there at your own risk). I recall paying about $90
a night last May, so the $105 probably reflects the normal semi-annual price
hike that many New York hotels have turned into a tradition.

Again, I would recommend to EVERYONE on this group that you contact the New York
Convention and Visitor's Bureau (212-397-8222) and order a copy of their annual
New York City Tour Package Directory. Among other things, this lists dozens of
New York hotels that offer special weekend and week-long discount packages, some
just straight discounts, others including meals, parking, theatre tickets, etc.
One of the best ever out of this book for me was staying at the Drake Swissotel
for $150/night for two including parking and $25 per day for food or drinks in
the hotel. And this is a *NICE* hotel, not your usual dingy budget
accommodations.

Karen Mercedes

merc...@access.digex.net

.sig busily looking up the rest

GoGoGo Joe

Oct 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/2/95
I stayed there in '87, when we decided it really ought to be called the
MILDEW Plaza. Perhaps it has been done over since then! Still, it has
"location, location, location!" Also, you'll spend so little time in the
room, who cares if it's gross! Have fun!

Go Joe

mgie...@counsel.com

Oct 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/2/95
I have stayed at the Milford twice in the last 6 weeks while with hauling
my son around for auditions. The first stay was dreadful, crammed into a
tiny room with a consistently broken air conditioner (rm 1205, just in
case); the next was much better with a larger room in which everything
worked and I got it at a rate of $89, I think because I mentioned my
previous stay and that I came back anyway. Location is fabulous,
literally right around the corner from POTO, Crazy For You, Les Miz,
Sunset Blvd and others. All things considered, then, I recommend it.

Ed Hopkins

BoomerBurg

Oct 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/2/95
I've never stayed at the Milford Plaza. But have used the Portland Square
Hotel
on W. 47th just east of &th Avenue. Same price range, small rooms, clean
but
simple, great for theatre buffs with limited budget.

SNI...@aol.com

Oct 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/2/95
Personallu, I found the MILFORD a great disappointment. The rooms are very
small and somewhat shoddy. That rate is too high. They advertise in the
Sunday NY Times every week.

BOSTONNNMA

Oct 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/3/95
Rooms are small (no biggie unless you're going to NYC to stay in your
room) but last time I was there about a year ago it was filthy. They
'claimed' they were redoing all the rooms but there are over 1000. Don't
know if they've completed it yet or not, but I would suggest asking for a
'redone' room since some surely have been redone by now. The room I had
was really gross!
BostonnnMA