The Proud Robot

lal_truckee

Jul 8, 2010, 12:27:40 PM7/8/10
Shades of Kuttner; Gallegher builds one very Proud Robot.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Cq0sy4TBs&feature=player_embedded#at=33>

Spotted reference to video on SlashDot this AM...

Dorothy J Heydt

Jul 8, 2010, 12:56:54 PM7/8/10
In article <i14u9v$mde$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Nice job.

It's not completely automatic yet, though, is it? The programmer
had to keep dragging icon to icon. In the next generation he
will simply type "beer (Coors 3) (Guinness 4) (Bud 1)" and the
robot will do the rest.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Jonathan Schattke

Jul 8, 2010, 2:00:46 PM7/8/10
On 7/8/2010 11:56 AM, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> In article<i14u9v$mde$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> lal_truckee<lal_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Shades of Kuttner; Gallegher builds one very Proud Robot.
>>
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Cq0sy4TBs&feature=player_embedded#at=33>
>>
>> Spotted reference to video on SlashDot this AM...
>
> Nice job.
>
> It's not completely automatic yet, though, is it? The programmer
> had to keep dragging icon to icon. In the next generation he
> will simply type "beer (Coors 3) (Guinness 4) (Bud 1)" and the
> robot will do the rest.

The dragging and dropping was merely the GUI. And actually, it saves
programming, since this way, the Robot doesn't need to know it's a
Guiness Stout, the software just needs to display the picture of the
beer in each slot.

Steve Coltrin

Jul 12, 2010, 12:45:07 AM7/12/10
begin fnord

djh...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt) writes:

> It's not completely automatic yet, though, is it? The programmer
> had to keep dragging icon to icon. In the next generation he
> will simply type "beer (Coors 3) (Guinness 4) (Bud 1)" and the
> robot will do the rest.

Surely you mean "(beer '(Coors 3) '(Guinness 4) '(Bud 1))"?

--
Steve Coltrin spco...@omcl.org Google Groups killfiled here
"A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel

Nigel

Jul 12, 2010, 6:28:12 AM7/12/10
On 12 July, 06:45, Steve Coltrin <spcol...@omcl.org> wrote:
> begin  fnord

> djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt) writes:
>
> > It's not completely automatic yet, though, is it?  The programmer
> > had to keep dragging icon to icon.  In the next generation he
> > will simply type "beer (Coors 3) (Guinness 4) (Bud 1)"  and the
> > robot will do the rest.
>
> Surely you mean "(beer '(Coors 3) '(Guinness 4) '(Bud 1))"?

Do you really want a robot that talks with a LISP ?

Cheers,
Nigel.