Visions '92 Convention Info

George Fergus

Oct 15, 1992, 4:06:55 PM10/15/92
Here is the info that several folks have requested. Sorry I haven't
had the time to upload it before now.

VISIONS '92

A British/American Television Celebration

NOVEMBER 27-29, 1992 Chicago, Illinois

Ramada O'Hare Hotel, 6600 N. Mannheim Road, Rosemont, IL 60018

CONFIRMED GUESTS (as of 10/15/92)

from DR.WHO: Colin Baker; Bill Baggs [Summoned by Shadows series];
Jeremy Bentham [DW historian]; Nicola Bryant;
John Peel [TV historian and author]
from RED DWARF: Craig Charles; Robert Llewellyn
from BLAKE'S SEVEN: Jan Chappell; Gareth Thomas
from ROBIN OF SHERWOOD: Michael Praed
from MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: Frank Conniff
from LOVEJOY: Chris Jury

SCHEDULED EVENTS

Celebrity Q&A Sessions Art Show and Auction
Celebrity Autograph Sessions Charity Auction
Photographs with Celebrities Masquerade Ball
Celebrity Variety Show Fan Panels and Workshops
Pro and Fan Dealers Rooms Two Video Rooms

MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION

These rates are valid until 11/15/92; after then add $10 per item.

3-day membership: $45

2-day membership: $35

1-day membership: $25

Variety Show ticket (numbered, first come first serve): $20

Supporting Membership: $20 (includes program book signed by the guests)

Contributing Membership: $50 min. (in addition to regular membership)

If coming for only 1 or 2 days, please indicate which day(s) you want.
Send check or money order (or cash at your own risk), payable to
HER MAJESTY'S ENTERTAINMENT, to:

Visions '92, P.O. Box 1202, Highland Park, IL 60035

HOTEL INFORMATION

We are in a smaller hotel this year, so make your reservations early.
The room rates are $59/night for one bed and $65/night for two beds,
regardless of the number of people in the room. Call the Ramada at
(708) 827-5131 and mention that you're attending Visions for this rate.

The hotel itself has limited parking, but runs a free shuttle from the
large Rosemont Horizon lot a few blocks north. (If you're not staying
in the hotel, park at the Horizon.)

TRAVEL INFORMATION

Shuttle buses run to and from nearby O'Hare airport every 15 minutes, and
Pace Bus routes 220 and 223 go right by the Ramada. Call Total Travel
Management at (800) 458-9237 for information on our special airfares.

FOR UPDATES AND MORE INFORMATION

The Visions Hotline at (708) 405-WHO1 carries recorded updates about
the con. If you want more information, either write the con p.o. box
(above) or send email to one of the addresses at the end of this flyer.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED WITH VISIONS '92

Let's face it, there's more to a convention that getting photographs and
autographs and attending interesting panels. If you're the kind of person
who likes to get involved-- whether it be running a panel, displaying art
or costumes, or just helping out in general-- we want to hear from you.
Below, you'll find what you can do to get more involved. Unless otherwise
indicated, address your SASE (Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope) to:

[person's name]
c/o Her Majesty's Entertainment, P.O. Box 1202, Highland Park, IL 60035.

**Art Show**

This year's Art Show will be the best yet. It will certainly be the best
organized. You will definitely need to get a complete information packet
if you want to display pieces in it. To get one, send a SASE to
>>>Cherry Steffey and Nancy Kolar at P.O. Box 397, Midlothian, IL 60445.

**Masquerade**

This year's Masquerade will accommodate those of you who have audio
needs. We will also be able to turn on and off stage lights, but we can't
handle fancier lighting requests. Remember, presentations are limited to
one minute. Masquerade registration will take place on-site. For complete
rules, send a SASE to >>>Jennifer Adams Kelley at the con p.o. box.

**Fan Panels**

Here's your chance to be on the other side of the panel table at Visions
'92. We want this year's fan programming track to be as full as
possible. We can't do it without your help! Choose from three kinds of
panels to run: informal discussions, formal panels, or workshops. (We're
especially interested in having workshops!) To volunteer, or for more
information, send a SASE to >>>Lisa Albergo at the con p.o. box.

**Fan Dealers Room**

As always, you're welcome to apply for fan dealer space at Visions '92.
We will be locating the room in a high traffic area again, so you should
have no problems selling your items, whether they be fanzines, t-shirts,
jewelry, or something else. Tables are $35, and do not include a
membership. (You do need a membership to get into the room.) We ask
fan dealers not to sell mass-produced merchandise unless selling off
a personal collection. For more information or to reserve your table
send a SASE to >>>Patti Duke at the con p.o. box.

**Charity Auction Donations**

If you are a club officer or a fanzine publisher, consider donating items
to our Charity Auction. Not only will your donation help raise money
for Lambs Farm and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but it will also get
you better recognition. Clubs should think about giving a year's
membership or a collection of newsletter issues. Fanzine publishers/
editors might want to donate a copy of the fanzine (as long as it's not
adult in nature). In either case, your help will ultimately help brighten
a child's life. Of course, if you're an average fan, you're perfectly
welcome to donate something rare or unusual from your own collection. To
arrange your donation send a SASE to >>>Debi Smolinske at the con p.o. box.

**Gophering**

Gophering is the easiest way to get involved with the operations of
Visions '92. We need willing fans throughout the convention to check
badges at function rooms, run errands, work registration, and help pull
off special events like the Masquerade and the auctions. If you gopher
for twelve or more hours, you earn admission to a special post-con pizza
party with the guests. So why haven't you signed up yet? (Of course,
if you decide at the convention to volunteer, just come by the gopher hole
(a.k.a. ops) to sign up.) To reserve hours or to ask questions, send a
SASE to >>>John and Tamy Erickson at the con p.o. box.

**On-Line Contacts**

If you wish more information via e-mail, please contact either

>>>Debi Smolinske (Visions '92 Co-chair) at 70674...@compuserve.com
or
>>>Jennifer Adams Kelley (Masquerade coord.) at 70662...@compuserve.com

-George Fergus (Visions staff)

John Ewin

Oct 18, 1992, 6:55:00 AM10/18/92
This is a cross-post from another feed, since I don't think George is in
here, and I've seen folks asking:

VISIONS '92

A British/American Television Celebration

SCHEDULED EVENTS

MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION

3-day membership: $45

2-day membership: $35

1-day membership: $25

HOTEL INFORMATION

TRAVEL INFORMATION

**Art Show**

**Masquerade**

**Fan Panels**

**Fan Dealers Room**

**Charity Auction Donations**

**Gophering**

**On-Line Contacts**

-George Fergus (Visions staff)

---
. SM 1.06 *0020 . Ways to skin a cat: #27 --- Use an electric belt sander

John Ewin

Oct 18, 1992, 6:55:00 AM10/18/92

VISIONS '92

A British/American Television Celebration

SCHEDULED EVENTS

MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION

3-day membership: $45

2-day membership: $35

1-day membership: $25

HOTEL INFORMATION

TRAVEL INFORMATION

**Art Show**

**Masquerade**

**Fan Panels**

**Fan Dealers Room**

**Charity Auction Donations**

**Gophering**

**On-Line Contacts**

-George Fergus (Visions staff)

---
. SM 1.06 *0020 . Cats are smarter than dogs: 8 cats won't pull a sled!