B5 rips off Trek Again! (T

strac...@genie.geis.com

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the use of an angelic (or seemingly
angelic character), whose likes have been written about for, oh, about
4,000 years, is ripping off Star Trek, has his head so thoroughly up his
ass as to have blipped into an entirely new intestinally-based reality
and desperately needs to get a wider frame of reference.

jms

Carey

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
In article <199511102352...@relay1.geis.com>,

I suppose this should teach me. Dear Mr. JMS, allow me first of all to
suck up - er - congratulate you on your excellent television series.
It's truly outstanding. Regarding my post, I was trying to be
sarcastic. I was very annoyed by several posts that claimed CTI was a
rip-off of "Wolf in the Fold" and tried to point out the absurdity of
that position by posting another absurd characterization. I hereby
pledge to post the required :-) :-D or ;-/ everytime I send such a
sarcastic message.

Groveling I depart...
(grovel, grovel)

Patrick

Terrell J

Nov 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/12/95
> I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the use of an angelic (or seemingly
>angelic character), whose likes have been written about for, oh, about
>4,000 years, is ripping off Star Trek, has his head so thoroughly up his
>ass as to have blipped into an entirely new intestinally-based reality
>and desperately needs to get a wider frame of reference.
>
> jms

Amen!!!

Strueb

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95
In article <481sap$b...@news.doit.wisc.edu>, ca...@gcrca.biostat.wisc.edu
(Carey) writes:

>Groveling I depart...
>(grovel, grovel)

Oh, Grovel! Get up!

(Anybody recognize THAT one? You guys from UK are ineligible for this
one...<G>)
The quote isn't exact, but it's close...

Wes Struebing

(who has the hero of this "series" stuffed and sitting on my computer at
work...)

scp...@ibm.net

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95

I'm sorry, Master, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.........

(Or something akin to that)

"The Universe knows what it's doing." s.phil...@genie.geis.com
Delenn

GEI and X-Phile

N. Rieck

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95

Don't mince words Joe, tell 'em what you really think!

Neil Rieck
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.

--
o--------------------oo--------------------o
There is no political solution. To our troubled evolution.

Peter Seebach

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
<strac...@genie.geis.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the use of an angelic (or seemingly
>angelic character), whose likes have been written about for, oh, about
>4,000 years, is ripping off Star Trek, has his head so thoroughly up his
>ass as to have blipped into an entirely new intestinally-based reality
>and desperately needs to get a wider frame of reference.

There's a wonderful phrasing of this involving sweaters shaped like Klein
bottles, but I forget it at the moment.

-s
--
Peter Seebach - se...@solon.com || se...@intran.xerox.com --
C/Unix proto-wizard -- C/Unix questions? Send mail for help. No, really!

scp...@ibm.net

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
I couldn't remember: it's DANGER MOUSE!

Robert Holland

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
anon...@on.bell.ca (N. Rieck) wrote:
>In article <199511102352...@relay1.geis.com>,
>strac...@genie.geis.com wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the use of an angelic (or seemingly
>>angelic character), whose likes have been written about for, oh, about
>>4,000 years, is ripping off Star Trek, has his head so thoroughly up his
>>ass as to have blipped into an entirely new intestinally-based reality
>>and desperately needs to get a wider frame of reference.
>>
>> jms
>
>Don't mince words Joe, tell 'em what you really think!
>
>Neil Rieck
>Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.

Maybe he meant to say that only Star Trek would stoop to using angels
in the outfield. I just hope we don't find a time-portal rock formation
sitting on Epsilon 3. Or find Abe Lincoln cruisin' for a bruisin'...

David Johnson

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
str...@aol.com (Strueb) wrote:

>In article <481sap$b...@news.doit.wisc.edu>, ca...@gcrca.biostat.wisc.edu
>(Carey) writes:

>>Groveling I depart...
>>(grovel, grovel)
>>

>Oh, Grovel! Get up!

>(Anybody recognize THAT one? You guys from UK are ineligible for this
>one...<G>)

Well, the line was delivered in a "strange alien tongue"...

Fuzzy

(p.s.) Penfold, shush.

David Johnson

Nov 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/17/95
Teresa Lhotka <kem...@winternet.com> wrote:

>str...@aol.com (Strueb) wrote:

>>In article <487svf$2n...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, scp...@ibm.net writes:
>>
>>>I'm sorry, Master, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.........
>>>
>>>(Or something akin to that)
>>>

>>That's close enough for me. You win the Minbari cookie (or somesuch...)
>>8-)
>>
>>(and most - not all - everybody else in the US who doesn't have kids is
>>now saying "Whaaaat?)

> GET UP!! Grovle!! (I'm sorry Master, etc.) I said
>singe...get up!!! Not cringe!!!..get up!

>Ahh yes, there's an entertaining thought...do the *REAL*
>shadow ships say "Q-ball" on the side?

>We've got over six hours of episodes on tape... :-)

Only "over six"? One of my favorite episodes, the one where the
announcer's mike takes over the show, and they end up doing a Robin
Hood kinda thing.

Fuzzy

Strueb

Nov 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/19/95
In article <48ilbq$j...@mars.earthlink.net>, fu...@earthlink.net (David
Johnson) writes:

>>We've got over six hours of episodes on tape... :-)
>
>Only "over six"? One of my favorite episodes, the one where the
>announcer's mike takes over the show, and they end up doing a Robin
>Hood kinda thing.
>
>Fuzzy

Yeah, I wish we had had a VCR back when we first started catching these
episodes...<G>

Now, in relation to B5 and MoH..(.ROTFL)

Wes Struebing

Vermifax

Nov 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/21/95

My only thought to this thread is that if B5 was on at a time before Trek
Say at 7:00 follwed by DS9 could we have said that DS9 was ripping off
B5. I am sure that they have little spies running back and forth that
must be the answer (drooling with sarcasm (tm))

)> )\ 'a_ Tony Woloszynek aka Vermifax _a' /(
( _ )/ /{_ ~~ r3...@dax.cc.uakron.edu ~~ _}\ \( _
'(,)_,)/ aj...@cleveland.freenet.edu \(,_(,)\\
,<_ ,<_. "I too have a plan" - Baldrick ._>, _>, "==>