ATTN JMS: Time for an update?

ipla...@yahoo.com

Sep 8, 2005, 12:51:06 AM9/8/05
JMS

There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
how about it. Pretty please.

IP

jms...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2005, 4:57:46 AM9/8/05

Actually, in the last six weeks there's been a bucketload of sudden new
stuff going on...but I've made the error in the past of talking about
things before they became real, so I'm going to put a pin in this for a
few weeks. Ask me again around the middle of October.

jms

John W. Kennedy

Sep 8, 2005, 9:48:34 AM9/8/05

OK, how about Buddy, then? Ya gonna send Ben Frazer some more Buddy
pictures, huh? huh? huh? huh? huh?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE! [Making "big-eyes" face]

(My wife is under doctor's orders not to have a real cat in the house,
so we need a feline fix.)

--
John W. Kennedy
"The grand art mastered the thudding hammer of Thor

Amy Guskin

Sep 8, 2005, 9:56:26 AM9/8/05
>>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:57:46 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
(in article <1126169753.8...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
noooooo.....

:-)

--
http://www.shamanicmusicstore.com
The leading source for music created specifically for the shamanic journey!

Kurt Ullman

Sep 8, 2005, 10:03:27 AM9/8/05
In article <0001HW.BF45BA99...@news.verizon.net>,
ais...@fjordstone.com wrote:
>>>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:57:46 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
>(in article <1126169753.8...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>

>> ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> JMS
>>>
>>> There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
>>> how about it. Pretty please.
>>>

>> Actually, in the last six weeks there's been a bucketload of sudden new
>> stuff going on...but I've made the error in the past of talking about
>> things before they became real, so I'm going to put a pin in this for a
>> few weeks. Ask me again around the middle of October.<<
>
>Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
>noooooo.....
>
>:-)

Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
is percolating. But that is just me...

--
The difference between being diplomatic and undiplomatic is the
difference between saying "When I look at you time stands still"

Amy Guskin

Sep 8, 2005, 11:11:17 AM9/8/05
(in article <rvXTe.7388$4P5....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>):

>> (in article <1126169753.8...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

>>> Actually, in the last six weeks there's been a bucketload of sudden new
>>> stuff going on...but I've made the error in the past of talking about
>>> things before they became real, so I'm going to put a pin in this for a
>>> few weeks. Ask me again around the middle of October.<<
>>
>> Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
>> noooooo.....
>>
>>> -)
>>
> Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
> on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
> is percolating. But that is just me... <<

Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>

Jan

Sep 8, 2005, 12:06:04 PM9/8/05
In article <0001HW.BF45CC27...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

True enough. We don't know if the bucketload contains B5 stuff or not, though.
I'm in the camp who likes to know that things are stirring, too, whether it's B5
or other TV or comics or books or...whatever else.

Jan

--
Here, gathered together in common cause
We agree to recognize this singular truth

Thunder, Agent '005

Sep 8, 2005, 1:14:13 PM9/8/05
John W. Kennedy wrote:

> (My wife is under doctor's orders not to have a real cat in the house,
> so we need a feline fix.)

Just buy one of those toy ones... :)

t.k.

Thunder, Agent '005

Sep 8, 2005, 1:15:33 PM9/8/05
Amy Guskin wrote:

> Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
> noooooo.....
>
> :-)

Um, hello, its a little something called Dramatic Presentation! He is an
entertainer by trade, y'know. ;)

t.k.

Jeffrey Kaplan

Sep 8, 2005, 4:17:36 PM9/8/05
It is alleged that Amy Guskin claimed:

> >> Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
> >> noooooo.....
> >>

> > Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
> > on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
> > is percolating. But that is just me... <<
>
> Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>

How about "Faith manages".

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"The White Star is based on Vorlon organic technology. It learns from
experience, changes, evolves. The skin of the ship now uses the Vorlon
Defense System. Most of the energy is reflected away, leaving only the
physical impact." (Lennier, B5 "War Without End, Pt. 1")

Amy Guskin

Sep 8, 2005, 4:35:24 PM9/8/05
(in article <bv61i1h2vkl6t1b6e...@gordol.org>):

> It is alleged that Amy Guskin claimed:

>>> Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
>>> on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
>>> is percolating. But that is just me... <<
>>
>> Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>
>
> How about "Faith manages". <<

Yes, now that you mention it, I think I've heard that somewhere before.

Oron Port

Sep 8, 2005, 6:14:05 PM9/8/05
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Jan <janmsc...@aol.com>
wrote:

Maybe something which will bring the Eep goddess back ;-)

Oron

Andrew Swallow

Sep 8, 2005, 6:33:37 PM9/8/05
Oron Port wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Jan <janmsc...@aol.com>
> wrote:
[snip]

>>True enough. We don't know if the bucketload contains B5 stuff or not, though.
>>I'm in the camp who likes to know that things are stirring, too, whether it's B5
>>or other TV or comics or books or...whatever else.
>>
>>Jan
>

> Maybe something which will bring the Eep goddess back ;-)

She could be visiting the new movie making division of Marvel.
The ten Marvel characters in the arrangement are Captain America, The
Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Dr.
Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack, and Shang-Chi. Each film is expected to
have a budget of up to $165 million dollars and a rating no more
restrictive than PG-13. Although the financing allows for the production
of animated films, Marvel currently intends to use the financing to make
only live-action films."
http://www.marvel.com/company/showarticle.htm?id=124

Plenty of possibilities for Babylon 5 MOW and spin offs.

Possibly a pilot of a totally new tv series.

Something could be turning into a feature film.

New series of comics.

More of the current comics.

Books.

Radio plays.

Andrew Swallow

Message has been deleted

Jan

Sep 8, 2005, 7:04:35 PM9/8/05
In article <bah1i156i7ehog9v0...@4ax.com>, Oron Port says...

The Eep goddess stands ready to serve. Now somebody persuade JMS that we like
eeps. Hmm...point of order...do eeps only count for B5? I guess we should wait
for JMS to tell us to watch for one, huh?

Wesley Struebing

Sep 8, 2005, 7:47:23 PM9/8/05
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:48:34 +0000 (UTC), "John W. Kennedy"
<jwk...@attglobal.net> wrote:

>jms...@aol.com wrote:
>> ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>JMS
>>>
>>>There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
>>>how about it. Pretty please.
>>>

>> Actually, in the last six weeks there's been a bucketload of sudden new
>> stuff going on...but I've made the error in the past of talking about
>> things before they became real, so I'm going to put a pin in this for a
>> few weeks. Ask me again around the middle of October.
>
>OK, how about Buddy, then? Ya gonna send Ben Frazer some more Buddy
>pictures, huh? huh? huh? huh? huh?
>
>PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE! [Making "big-eyes" face]
>
>(My wife is under doctor's orders not to have a real cat in the house,
>so we need a feline fix.)

My decidedly better half also looks forward to Buddy-Updates...

Has he taken over city council, yet? (apparently the governator is
still in office, so Buddy must be starting slowly...)

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Wesley Struebing

Sep 8, 2005, 7:48:05 PM9/8/05
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:56:26 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:57:46 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
>(in article <1126169753.8...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>

>> ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> JMS
>>>
>>> There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
>>> how about it. Pretty please.
>>>

>> Actually, in the last six weeks there's been a bucketload of sudden new
>> stuff going on...but I've made the error in the past of talking about
>> things before they became real, so I'm going to put a pin in this for a
>> few weeks. Ask me again around the middle of October.<<
>
>Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
>noooooo.....

Heh! That was just for you, dear Amy...
<eg>

Wesley Struebing

Sep 8, 2005, 7:49:21 PM9/8/05
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:11:17 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:03:27 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote
>(in article <rvXTe.7388$4P5....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>):

>>> (in article <1126169753.8...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

>>> Ya know...you _could_ have just said, "Nope, nothing going on here!" But
>>> noooooo.....

>> Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
>> on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
>> is percolating. But that is just me... <<
>
>Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>

Now, quit mooning around, Amy. Perk up -and think "October in
Jerusalem! (or thoughts to that effect...)"

Wesley Struebing

Sep 8, 2005, 7:50:04 PM9/8/05

Gee! Look at all you people! No shame, no modesty, speculating in
public like that!

You're gonna go blind!

Wesley Struebing

Sep 8, 2005, 7:50:49 PM9/8/05
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:17:36 +0000 (UTC), Jeffrey Kaplan
<ras...@gordol.org> wrote:

>It is alleged that Amy Guskin claimed:

>> > Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
>> > on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
>> > is percolating. But that is just me... <<
>>
>> Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>
>
>How about "Faith manages".

....and Hope is HR...

Jeffrey Kaplan

Sep 8, 2005, 8:37:06 PM9/8/05
It is alleged that Wesley Struebing claimed:

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:17:36 +0000 (UTC), Jeffrey Kaplan
> <ras...@gordol.org> wrote:
>
> >It is alleged that Amy Guskin claimed:

> >> Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>
> >
> >How about "Faith manages".
>
> ....and Hope is HR...

I thought that was Buffy.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Glass jaw, but he kicks like a mule." "What is a mule?" "You're
training one." (Walker Smith, Caliban and Mr. Garibaldi, B5 "TKO")

Christina Wilson

Sep 8, 2005, 11:38:47 PM9/8/05
> Well, in the world of B5 fandom, Hope is a harsh mistress. <g>

Well, that's why Faith is left to manage everything on her own.

Christina

Chris

Sep 9, 2005, 3:03:09 AM9/9/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:

> Actually, in the last six weeks there's been a bucketload of sudden new
> stuff going on...but I've made the error in the past of talking about
> things before they became real, so I'm going to put a pin in this for a
> few weeks. Ask me again around the middle of October.
>
> jms

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!111!!ONE!!ELEVEN!!!!

if i move my computer's clock forward by 40 days, does that count?

...Chris

Tom

Sep 9, 2005, 12:47:28 PM9/9/05

In leui of the truth, hows about some entertaining lies?

Tom

Sep 9, 2005, 12:49:15 PM9/9/05

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> It is alleged that Amy Guskin claimed:

> > > Personally I find it much more comforting that SOMETHING is going
> > > on that might yet come fruition than it is to think nothing at all
> > > is percolating. But that is just me... <<
> >
> > Well, in the world of B5 fandom, hope is a harsh mistress. <g>
>
> How about "Faith manages".
>
> --
Actually she was fired last week.

ravend03x

Sep 10, 2005, 12:04:31 AM9/10/05
Dear Mr. Kennedy:

<<<OK, how about Buddy, then? Ya gonna send Ben Frazer some more Buddy
pictures, huh? huh? huh? huh? huh?>>>

Who's Buddy?

leninahux

Sep 10, 2005, 12:06:47 AM9/10/05
We'll keep waiting patiently JMS! (What else can we do?)

Faith manages! (I'd love there was something in the B5 front!!)

Anyway JMS I love your show! You have quite a lot of fans in Spain,
too! (even if we get mistreated by Mr. WB, who keeps B5 DVDs from being
released.. --we only have Season 1!!!)

ravend03x

Sep 10, 2005, 12:07:38 AM9/10/05
Ummmm... clarification, please; what is "eep?"

Tom

Sep 10, 2005, 12:11:48 AM9/10/05
Ggggaaaahhhhh!!!! Not even the littlest hint? Comics? TV? What???

Tom

Jan

Sep 10, 2005, 1:00:04 AM9/10/05
In article <1126228367.5...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, ravend03x
says...

>Ummmm... clarification, please; what is "eep?"

Well, y'see...Once upon a time when the world was young and B5 was still in
production, *every* *single* *year* there was a months-long wait to find out if
the show had been renewed. JMS, being the compassionate soul that he is, let it
be known that if he got good news but couldn't officially say anything that fans
should look for an 'eep'.

So when we're waiting eagerly for B5 news, we're waiting for an 'eep'.

Matt Ion

Sep 10, 2005, 2:15:23 AM9/10/05

A cat with quite a history.

http://tinyurl.com/7dqow

At last word, Buddy is doing well, living large, and well on his way to
ruling the universe.

Heheh... a Google Groups search even found hits about Buddy in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes :)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0536-5, 09/09/2005
Tested on: 9/9/2005 11:13:37 PM

Chris

Sep 10, 2005, 4:04:48 AM9/10/05
"ravend03x" <rki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ummmm... clarification, please; what is "eep?"

short story.... when joe cannot utter "even a peep" about something in
production, he sneaks out...an eep. eep has since been confused with
peep, but an eep is the official "shhh, it's all a secret" message, a
"peep" (or just, a P) is the official "ok, it's all out in the open"

for the long story, see some other day, or some other poster :-)

...Chris

Methuselah Jones

Sep 10, 2005, 8:12:28 AM9/10/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Matt
Ion of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> ravend03x wrote:
>> Dear Mr. Kennedy:
>>
>> <<<OK, how about Buddy, then? Ya gonna send Ben Frazer some more Buddy
>> pictures, huh? huh? huh? huh? huh?>>>
>>
>> Who's Buddy?
>
> A cat with quite a history.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7dqow
>
> At last word, Buddy is doing well, living large

*Very* large. He's a Maine Coon cat:

http://images.google.com/images?q=maine+coon&hl=en

--
Methuselah
I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent.

Methuselah Jones

Sep 10, 2005, 8:17:05 AM9/10/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Tom of
rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> Ggggaaaahhhhh!!!! Not even the littlest hint? Comics? TV? What???

Knitting patterns?

--
Methuselah
What I like most about myself is that I’m so understanding when I do

Jan

Sep 10, 2005, 8:32:31 AM9/10/05
In article <qdj1i15as21cfmgo2...@4ax.com>, Wesley Struebing
says...

Can we just do it until we need glasses?

Message has been deleted

John W. Kennedy

Sep 10, 2005, 10:42:08 AM9/10/05

See <URL:https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/bfrazer1/buddy/>

--
John W. Kennedy
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne

Methuselah Jones

Sep 10, 2005, 1:13:51 PM9/10/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of John
W. Kennedy of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> ravend03x wrote:
>> Dear Mr. Kennedy:
>>
>> <<<OK, how about Buddy, then? Ya gonna send Ben Frazer some more Buddy
>> pictures, huh? huh? huh? huh? huh?>>>
>>
>> Who's Buddy?
>
> See <URL:https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/bfrazer1/buddy/>

"I haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep him or let him go for
adoption when the other cats and kittens are taken...."

As if there were ever really any question. :)

--
Methuselah
A large percentage of me likes a large percentage of you.

Matt Ion

Sep 10, 2005, 1:49:06 PM9/10/05
Methuselah Jones wrote:
> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Matt
> Ion of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:
>

>>ravend03x wrote:
>>
>>>Dear Mr. Kennedy:
>>>
>>><<<OK, how about Buddy, then? Ya gonna send Ben Frazer some more Buddy
>>>pictures, huh? huh? huh? huh? huh?>>>
>>>
>>>Who's Buddy?
>>
>>A cat with quite a history.
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/7dqow
>>
>>At last word, Buddy is doing well, living large
>

> *Very* large. He's a Maine Coon cat:
>
> http://images.google.com/images?q=maine+coon&hl=en

Pictures of the SPECIFIC cat in question are at:

https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/bfrazer1/buddy/

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0536-5, 09/09/2005

Tested on: 9/10/2005 10:47:07 AM

Tom

Sep 12, 2005, 9:33:03 AM9/12/05

Tom wrote:
> Ggggaaaahhhhh!!!! Not even the littlest hint? Comics? TV? What???
>
> Tom

Argh!!! I have a doppleganger!!!!!!!

jms...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2005, 8:32:38 PM9/12/05

ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
> JMS
>
> There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
> how about it. Pretty please.
>
> IP

Okay, I've given it some more thought, and there are a couple of things
that I can say...but again, I have to keep some of this close to my
vest for a while in terms of details, at least in the first regard.

I've just had a treatment purchased for series development by a major
studio/network. (This is non-B5.) The cool thing is that this is for
one of the major broadcast networks and, if it ends up going ahead,
would be for a prime-time series. But I have to attach all the usual
caveats: the process is this...you write the treatment, then you write
the pilot, then if the network likes the pilot script, they produce the
pilot, and then if they like the pilot they give you the series. It's
a very, very long process and like 90% of all development deals in town
it can stop at any given point.

But I'm very pleased about it because it's a major studio, major
broadcast network, and that's terrific. More than that I absolutely
can't say because everything about the story being developed is totally
confidential.

Now, that said, there's a little something else....

For years, I've been at conventions and had fans come up with
photocopied scripts they'd purchased from script stores or dealers for
$20 a pop, many times in poor condition...with loose or missing pages,
hard to read, and thought, there has to be a better way for fans to get
these scripts without paying that much for copies that are often
inferior.

So now, at some point in October, we're going to fix this.

All 91 Babylon 5 scripts that I wrote are going to be made available
through an independent publishing firm in trade paperback form. We're
still working out the final details in terms of how to put the scripts
together, but right now the plan is to do 7 scripts per book, each
volume released every two weeks or so, at a cost of about $29 per
volume if ordered in the first week or so it comes online) or $39 per
for those who buy later. That's four bucks per script if purchased
early, about five per script if published later...which saves fans a
HUGE amount of money.

There will be 14 volumes in all, each again containing 7 scripts AND
newly written introductions and commentaries about each episode that
are thus far averaging about 30 pages per book, telling some of the
behind-the-scenes stories that have never been told before (and some
that have), talking about the writing process, how the arc was created
and maintained, anectodes about cast and crew, what went into the
stories...enough so that at the end, at 30 pages over 14 volumes you
get about 420 pages of new material on the making of B5...a book unto
itself.

On top of THAT...some of the books will contain rare b&w photos from my
own personal archives, taken by me on set, which have never before been
seen by anyone else.

The very first book will have the Gathering script, plus 5 additional
scripts (to make up the 7 hours of material) BUT...and this is the cool
part...the script of the Gathering included in this volume will be one
that has NEVER BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED BEFORE.

See, when we went to sell Babylon 5, I wrote a pilot screenplay to take
around. When we made the deal, the notes process began...and the
script went through considerable changes. But this is the ORIGINAL
draft, the one only seen by the studio and the other producers on the
show.

What's different? How about Garibaldi trying to get hold of his dying
father back on Mars...how about a shape-shifter instead of a Minbari
assassin with a changeling net...Londo as a part-time pick-pocket...Dr.
Chakri Mendak instead of Dr. Kyle...new scenes between Lyta and Laurel,
Delenn and others that were later cut...a LOT more character scenes
with Sinclair and Garibaldi...a discovery about Delenn's lifestone and
what that means to the Minbari...where Sinclair is NOT put on trial,
but finds a whole different and more interesting way to solve the
mystery of Kosh's assailant...and the introduction of Kosh's life-mate,
Velana, who plays a very important role in the script. (Didn't know
Vorlons had life-mates, did you?)

This script is HUGELY different from the one we filmed -- funnier in
places, with more character moments -- and it has been kept under lock
and key all this time. Now, for the first time, it will be officially
released in the first volume of this set.

And here's the coolest part...as a gift for the fans...a FIFTEENTH
volume will be given FREE to those who pick up the other 14. And what
is IN this 15th volume, you ask?

Remember the lost script for "Soul Hunter," of which only 5 copies
existed before I pulled them back, destroyed all but one copy for my
files, and wrote a brand new script to replace it...all because it felt
too much like a Star Trek script? Well, THAT one is in the free
fifteenth volume. It also features a comic sub-plot concerning B5
being audited.

As if THAT wasn't cool enough...nearly a YEAR before we began writing
episode scripts, before we HAD the series commitment, WB wanted to see
what a typical episode might look like. So I wrote a draft of "And the
Sky, Full of Stars," one of our most important episodes, that is
massively different from what we would later produce...including
fantasy sequences with Knight Two as the proprieter of a dark carnival
of sorts.

It will also contain the Babylon 5 writers bible...the production draft
of "The Gathering" as a companion to the original draft offered in
volume one...and something very special.

For over ten years, fans have asked "What would Babylon 5 have been
like had Sinclair stayed?" Well, that question will be answered in
this volume.

After we finished the movie, but before we got the series going, WB
asked to see a breakdown on this five-year arc thingie. So I wrote a
six or seven page, single spaced outline of the ENTIRE FIVE YEARS with
Sinclair still in place. The document makes for fascinating reading
when compared with the series as it developed. NOT ONLY THAT, but the
same document has a brief outline for A POTENTIAL BABYLON 5 SEQUEL
SERIES, which would have been entitled BABYLON PRIME.

Again, that's what will go out FREE OF CHARGE to those who pick up the
full set. While obviously all these volumes can be purchased a la
carte for those who don't want all the script, this fifteenth volume
will ONLY be sent out free, it cannot be purchased directly.

So for roughly a quarter of what fans would spend to buy the scripts
individually from dealers, which are often poorly photocopied or
otherwise in bad shape, you get uniform trade (large-ish) very handsome
paperback editions, WITH the introductions, photos, and the bonus book.

(Doing the math more specifically...to purchase all the scripts one at
a time would cost nearly $2,000. Here, if copies are purchased as the
script books first come online, the full set would cost around $420; if
purchased after the discount period, we're talking about $560...which
is, again, for 15 volumes counting the free one, amounting to nearly
FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PAGES OF MATERIAL.)

I'll post another message when they officially go online at
babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.

jms

Amy Guskin

Sep 12, 2005, 8:51:35 PM9/12/05
(in article <1126571427....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> <snip>

> What's different? How about Garibaldi trying to get hold of his dying
> father back on Mars...how about a shape-shifter instead of a Minbari
> assassin with a changeling net...Londo as a part-time pick-pocket...Dr.
> Chakri Mendak instead of Dr. Kyle...new scenes between Lyta and Laurel,
> Delenn and others that were later cut...a LOT more character scenes
> with Sinclair and Garibaldi...a discovery about Delenn's lifestone and
> what that means to the Minbari...where Sinclair is NOT put on trial,
> but finds a whole different and more interesting way to solve the
> mystery of Kosh's assailant...and the introduction of Kosh's life-mate,
> Velana, who plays a very important role in the script. (Didn't know
> Vorlons had life-mates, did you?) <<

I notice that the only main series character in The Gathering but not
mentioned in this list is G'Kar. Is that because nothing changed in G'Kar's
storyline?

>> So for roughly a quarter of what fans would spend to buy the scripts
> individually from dealers, which are often poorly photocopied or
> otherwise in bad shape, you get uniform trade (large-ish) very handsome
> paperback editions, WITH the introductions, photos, and the bonus book.
>
> (Doing the math more specifically...to purchase all the scripts one at
> a time would cost nearly $2,000. Here, if copies are purchased as the
> script books first come online, the full set would cost around $420; if
> purchased after the discount period, we're talking about $560...which
> is, again, for 15 volumes counting the free one, amounting to nearly
> FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PAGES OF MATERIAL.) <<

So, now _anyone_ can be Jan! Wow! :-D

And if I haven't said it already....this is VERY cool! And, fingers and toes
crossed regarding the series.

Amy

--
http://www.shamanicmusicstore.com
The leading source for music created specifically for the shamanic journey!

Matt Ion

Sep 12, 2005, 8:58:35 PM9/12/05
"Well as my great grandfather used to say, 'Cool.'"

FRAGGING cool, even.

---

Virus Database (VPS): 0537-0, 09/12/2005
Tested on: 9/12/2005 5:56:45 PM

Andrew Swallow

Sep 12, 2005, 9:02:46 PM9/12/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:
> ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>JMS
>>
>>There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
>>how about it. Pretty please.
>>
>>IP
>

> Okay, I've given it some more thought, and there are a couple of things
> that I can say...but again, I have to keep some of this close to my
> vest for a while in terms of details, at least in the first regard.
>
> I've just had a treatment purchased for series development by a major
> studio/network. (This is non-B5.) The cool thing is that this is for
> one of the major broadcast networks and, if it ends up going ahead,
> would be for a prime-time series. But I have to attach all the usual
> caveats: the process is this...you write the treatment, then you write
> the pilot, then if the network likes the pilot script, they produce the
> pilot, and then if they like the pilot they give you the series. It's
> a very, very long process and like 90% of all development deals in town
> it can stop at any given point.
>
> But I'm very pleased about it because it's a major studio, major
> broadcast network, and that's terrific. More than that I absolutely
> can't say because everything about the story being developed is totally
> confidential.

[snip B5 stuff]

Break a secret leg.

Andrew Swallow

Taryn Kimel

Sep 12, 2005, 9:04:44 PM9/12/05
Dah...a;slkfjlsd.

I love you.

Jan

Sep 12, 2005, 9:05:03 PM9/12/05
jms...@aol.com says...

>ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> JMS
>>
>> There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
>> how about it. Pretty please.
>>
>> IP
>
>Okay, I've given it some more thought, and there are a couple of things
>that I can say...but again, I have to keep some of this close to my
>vest for a while in terms of details, at least in the first regard.
>
>I've just had a treatment purchased for series development by a major
>studio/network. (This is non-B5.) The cool thing is that this is for
>one of the major broadcast networks and, if it ends up going ahead,
>would be for a prime-time series. But I have to attach all the usual
>caveats: the process is this...you write the treatment, then you write
>the pilot, then if the network likes the pilot script, they produce the
>pilot, and then if they like the pilot they give you the series. It's
>a very, very long process and like 90% of all development deals in town
>it can stop at any given point.

How long is long? In other words, how would this fit in with the proposed
Marvel Productions series assuming both go into production?

<snip>

>I'll post another message when they officially go online at
>babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.
>
>jms

Hmmm...why do I have a feeling I'm gonna end up with TWO sets of scripts?! <g>
How do I get the super-limited edition autographed set? And...what about
Crusade? (Why, yes, I *am* greedy! So what else is new?) ;-)

Andrew Swallow

Sep 12, 2005, 9:10:57 PM9/12/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:
[snip]

> I'll post another message when they officially go online at
> babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.

The long wait begins.

Andrew Swallow

Jan

Sep 12, 2005, 9:18:35 PM9/12/05
In article <0001HW.BF4B9A1C...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

>So, now _anyone_ can be Jan! Wow! :-D

Weeelll...almost. I've still got all the *other* scripts, remember. And a few
unproduced...and the joke script...and some outlines...and treatments... But I
sure don't mind everybody else enjoying the scripts. It's *very* cool to read
and watch.

>And if I haven't said it already....this is VERY cool! And, fingers and toes
>crossed regarding the series.
>
>Amy

Amen!

Amy Guskin

Sep 12, 2005, 9:19:11 PM9/12/05
>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:02:46 -0400, Andrew Swallow wrote
(in article <dg58c1$rab$1...@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>):

Break a leg is for actors. I'm not sure what's for producers or writers.
(But it's _definitely_ not for dancers!)

Methuselah Jones

Sep 12, 2005, 9:43:15 PM9/12/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Amy
Guskin of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

>>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:02:46 -0400, Andrew Swallow wrote
> (in article <dg58c1$rab$1...@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>):
>
>> jms...@aol.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I've just had a treatment purchased for series development by a
>>> major studio/network. (This is non-B5.) The cool thing is that
>>> this is for one of the major broadcast networks and, if it ends up
>>> going ahead, would be for a prime-time series. But I have to attach
>>> all the usual caveats: the process is this...you write the
>>> treatment, then you write the pilot, then if the network likes the
>>> pilot script, they produce the pilot, and then if they like the
>>> pilot they give you the series. It's a very, very long process and
>>> like 90% of all development deals in town it can stop at any given
>>> point.
>>

>> [snip B5 stuff]
>>
>> Break a secret leg.<<
>
> Break a leg is for actors. I'm not sure what's for producers or
> writers. (But it's _definitely_ not for dancers!)

Break a pencil?

--
Methuselah
Life is the only game in which the object of the game is to learn the

Jeffrey O. Gustafson

Sep 12, 2005, 9:54:45 PM9/12/05
Re: scripts

I've just plotzed.

Methuselah Jones

Sep 12, 2005, 9:58:33 PM9/12/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of
<jms...@aol.com> of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> I've just had a treatment purchased for series development by a major
> studio/network. (This is non-B5.) The cool thing is that this is for
> one of the major broadcast networks and, if it ends up going ahead,
> would be for a prime-time series.

I'm sure it will be awesome, if it gets to production. Tell them they've
got a bunch of fans down here about to turn blue.

> All 91 Babylon 5 scripts that I wrote are going to be made available
> through an independent publishing firm in trade paperback form. We're
> still working out the final details in terms of how to put the scripts
> together, but right now the plan is to do 7 scripts per book, each
> volume released every two weeks or so, at a cost of about $29 per
> volume if ordered in the first week or so it comes online) or $39 per
> for those who buy later. That's four bucks per script if purchased
> early, about five per script if published later...which saves fans a
> HUGE amount of money.

How much would you expect to pay for all this?

But wait! You also get....

> On top of THAT...some of the books will contain rare b&w photos from
> my own personal archives, taken by me on set, which have never before
> been seen by anyone else.
>
> The very first book will have the Gathering script, plus 5 additional
> scripts (to make up the 7 hours of material) BUT...and this is the
> cool part...the script of the Gathering included in this volume will
> be one that has NEVER BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED BEFORE.
>

> This script is HUGELY different from the one we filmed -- funnier in
> places, with more character moments -- and it has been kept under lock
> and key all this time. Now, for the first time, it will be officially
> released in the first volume of this set.

*Now* how much would you expect to pay?

But wait! There's more!

> And here's the coolest part...as a gift for the fans...a FIFTEENTH
> volume will be given FREE to those who pick up the other 14. And what
> is IN this 15th volume, you ask?

Are you excited yet? ("Yes, Joe! We're excited!")

OK, well, I'm afraid you're going to get even more excited, because...

> As if THAT wasn't cool enough...nearly a YEAR before we began writing
> episode scripts, before we HAD the series commitment, WB wanted to see
> what a typical episode might look like. So I wrote a draft of "And
> the Sky, Full of Stars," one of our most important episodes, that is
> massively different from what we would later produce...including
> fantasy sequences with Knight Two as the proprieter of a dark carnival
> of sorts.
>
> It will also contain the Babylon 5 writers bible...the production
> draft of "The Gathering" as a companion to the original draft offered
> in volume one...and something very special.

("Gosh, Joe! That's really awesome!)

> Again, that's what will go out FREE OF CHARGE to those who pick up the
> full set. While obviously all these volumes can be purchased a la
> carte for those who don't want all the script, this fifteenth volume
> will ONLY be sent out free, it cannot be purchased directly.

So.... **now** how much would you expect to pay for all this?

> (Doing the math more specifically...to purchase all the scripts one at
> a time would cost nearly $2,000.

$2,000, you say? Nope! If you act now, all this can be yours for the
low, low price of...

> Here, if copies are purchased as the script books first come online,
> the full set would cost around $420; if purchased after the discount
> period, we're talking about $560...which is, again, for 15 volumes
> counting the free one, amounting to nearly FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED
> PAGES OF MATERIAL.)

Call now! 1-800-WE-LUV-B5!

Just think Joe, you could have had a fabulous career as a late-night
infomercial promoter!

Seriously, it sounds really awesome. Thanks for the heads-up.

One question: Is it necessary to purchase all 14 volumes at once in order
to get the 15th? That's gonna be kind of a bummer.

--
Methuselah
You are there, and I am here, so one of us is obviously in the wrong

Christina Wilson

Sep 12, 2005, 10:00:14 PM9/12/05
That pay raise came just in time!

Christina

Amy Guskin

Sep 12, 2005, 10:18:08 PM9/12/05
(in article <Xns96CFDF4095F9Cme...@216.196.97.131>):

> Just think Joe, you could have had a fabulous career as a late-night
> infomercial promoter! <<

<imagining the photoshopping possibilities...>

>> One question: Is it necessary to purchase all 14 volumes at once in order
> to get the 15th? That's gonna be kind of a bummer.<<

We didn't really need to fix the sidewalk outside our house this year. Not
_now_, at any rate. I mean, no one's tripped on it and sued us thus far. Ha
ha, how likely is _that_ to happen between now and when I buy the 14
volumes...? <crossing fingers>

jms...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2005, 10:51:16 PM9/12/05

Amy Guskin wrote:

> I notice that the only main series character in The Gathering but not
> mentioned in this list is G'Kar. Is that because nothing changed in G'Kar's
> storyline?

There are some differences there as well, but not as significant (he
goes to Delenn in part because he thinks the assassin may be after him
as well).

jms

Carl

Sep 12, 2005, 10:55:57 PM9/12/05

"Methuselah Jones" <methu...@altgeek.org> wrote in message

Break a space bar?

Matt Ion

Sep 12, 2005, 11:09:48 PM9/12/05
Amy Guskin wrote:
>>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:32:38 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
>
> (in article <1126571427....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>

>><snip>
>>
>>What's different? How about Garibaldi trying to get hold of his dying
>>father back on Mars...how about a shape-shifter instead of a Minbari
>>assassin with a changeling net...Londo as a part-time pick-pocket...Dr.
>>Chakri Mendak instead of Dr. Kyle...new scenes between Lyta and Laurel,
>>Delenn and others that were later cut...a LOT more character scenes
>>with Sinclair and Garibaldi...a discovery about Delenn's lifestone and
>>what that means to the Minbari...where Sinclair is NOT put on trial,
>>but finds a whole different and more interesting way to solve the
>>mystery of Kosh's assailant...and the introduction of Kosh's life-mate,
>>Velana, who plays a very important role in the script. (Didn't know
>>Vorlons had life-mates, did you?) <<
>

> I notice that the only main series character in The Gathering but not
> mentioned in this list is G'Kar. Is that because nothing changed in G'Kar's
> storyline?

The REAL question is, if it turns out G'Kar wasn't in the original
script, would Amy still buy it?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0537-0, 09/12/2005

Tested on: 9/12/2005 8:07:57 PM

Andrew Swallow

Sep 12, 2005, 11:10:38 PM9/12/05
Carl wrote:

If she is pretty Break my heart. ;)

Andrew Swallow

Matt Ion

Sep 12, 2005, 11:11:32 PM9/12/05
Amy Guskin wrote:

Break a pencil?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0537-0, 09/12/2005

Tested on: 9/12/2005 8:08:53 PM

Andrew Swallow

Sep 12, 2005, 11:17:31 PM9/12/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:
[snip]

> The very first book will have the Gathering script, plus 5 additional
> scripts (to make up the 7 hours of material) BUT...and this is the cool
> part...the script of the Gathering included in this volume will be one
> that has NEVER BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED BEFORE.
>
> See, when we went to sell Babylon 5, I wrote a pilot screenplay to take
> around. When we made the deal, the notes process began...and the
> script went through considerable changes. But this is the ORIGINAL
> draft, the one only seen by the studio and the other producers on the
> show.
>
> What's different? How about Garibaldi trying to get hold of his dying
> father back on Mars...how about a shape-shifter instead of a Minbari
> assassin with a changeling net...Londo as a part-time pick-pocket...Dr.
> Chakri Mendak instead of Dr. Kyle...new scenes between Lyta and Laurel,
> Delenn and others that were later cut...a LOT more character scenes
> with Sinclair and Garibaldi...a discovery about Delenn's lifestone and
> what that means to the Minbari...where Sinclair is NOT put on trial,
> but finds a whole different and more interesting way to solve the
> mystery of Kosh's assailant...and the introduction of Kosh's life-mate,
> Velana, who plays a very important role in the script. (Didn't know
> Vorlons had life-mates, did you?)
>
> This script is HUGELY different from the one we filmed -- funnier in
> places, with more character moments -- and it has been kept under lock
> and key all this time. Now, for the first time, it will be officially
> released in the first volume of this set.

What are the rules about the actors doing the deleted scenes at conventions?

Andrew Swallow

jms...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2005, 11:22:02 PM9/12/05

None.

One thing...just to reinforce, these are just my own scripts. Under
the WGA Separation of Rights provision, I own the copies of my own
scripts but not those of other writers. So I can only do this with my
own; going out and making separate deals with everybody else would be a
major pain in the butt just given the logistics.

jms

Amy Guskin

Sep 12, 2005, 11:22:55 PM9/12/05
(in article <torVe.477878$s54.149476@pd7tw2no>):

>> (in article <1126571427....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>>

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> What's different? How about Garibaldi trying to get hold of his dying
>>> father back on Mars...how about a shape-shifter instead of a Minbari
>>> assassin with a changeling net...Londo as a part-time pick-pocket...Dr.
>>> Chakri Mendak instead of Dr. Kyle...new scenes between Lyta and Laurel,
>>> Delenn and others that were later cut...a LOT more character scenes
>>> with Sinclair and Garibaldi...a discovery about Delenn's lifestone and
>>> what that means to the Minbari...where Sinclair is NOT put on trial,
>>> but finds a whole different and more interesting way to solve the
>>> mystery of Kosh's assailant...and the introduction of Kosh's life-mate,
>>> Velana, who plays a very important role in the script. (Didn't know
>>> Vorlons had life-mates, did you?) <<
>>

>> I notice that the only main series character in The Gathering but not
>> mentioned in this list is G'Kar. Is that because nothing changed in
>> G'Kar's
>> storyline?
>
> The REAL question is, if it turns out G'Kar wasn't in the original
> script, would Amy still buy it? <<

Oh, yeah. He's got my money, definitely. G'Kar isn't the sole reason I love
the show - in fact, it was Marcus who interested me That Way initially. I
thought Andreas was a terrific actor and started looking for his other work,
and it was really while immersing myself in his non-B5, non-prosthetic-mask
work that I got so, uh, interested. :-)

And, because you are all _so_ bad, and to waylay any nonsense about the
acting class this weekend: my crush was definitely on _Marcus_, and not
Jason, and I was completely over it _eons_ ago.

Amy Guskin

Sep 12, 2005, 11:28:42 PM9/12/05
>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:22:02 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
(in article <1126581612.5...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

Oh. Yeah. Meant to ask: will you be including the version of "The Exercise
of Vital Powers" with the, uh, alternate B-story?

Andrew Swallow

Sep 12, 2005, 11:36:59 PM9/12/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:

> Andrew Swallow wrote:
[snip]

>>What are the rules about the actors doing the deleted scenes at conventions?
>>

> None.

Thank you.

Andrew Swallow

jms...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2005, 12:55:27 AM9/13/05

Amy Guskin wrote:

> Oh. Yeah. Meant to ask: will you be including the version of "The Exercise
> of Vital Powers" with the, uh, alternate B-story?
>
> Amy

Y'know...I totally forgot about that one...I don't even know if I still
have it. Let me look around. If so, I'll drop it into the bonus book.

jms

Tom

Sep 13, 2005, 1:17:09 AM9/13/05
Sorry. I'll be FanTom, okay?

FanTom

Carl Dershem

Sep 13, 2005, 1:17:19 AM9/13/05
jms...@aol.com wrote in news:1126571427.994658.66350
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> amounting to nearly
> FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PAGES OF MATERIAL.)

Damn! That's almost as big as a Robert Jordan novel! ;>

cd
--
The difference between immorality and immortality is "T". I like Earl
Grey.

jms...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2005, 1:47:45 AM9/13/05
Found it.

jms

Catman Andy

Sep 13, 2005, 1:53:54 AM9/13/05

jms...@aol.com wrote:
> FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PAGES OF MATERIAL.)
[snip]
> I'll post another message when they officially go online at
> babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.
>
> jms

Wow! My head's spinning from answering the age old questions about
'What B5 MIGHT have been...", the bible, new comments... WOW! I can
stand to lose some weight, and the IRS can wait!

Let me be the first to cast a guess about the script availability
date...
J U L Y 1, 2006 :-)
Now here is that spreadsheet for tracking guesses????? ha!

Are we going to need other traking for each project?

Joe - in broad strokes, was B PRIME going to be about the 1st station?
________
Catman meeeeeeow!

Chris

Sep 13, 2005, 2:24:59 AM9/13/05
In article <0001HW.BF4BBD92...@news.verizon.net>,
Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

> And, because you are all _so_ bad, and to waylay any nonsense about the
> acting class this weekend: my crush was definitely on _Marcus_, and not
> Jason, and I was completely over it _eons_ ago.

uh huh, right, WE'RE the bad ones, riiiight.

...Chris, wondering if jason should be afraid...very afraid..

Robert Bernardo

Sep 13, 2005, 2:57:48 AM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 J. Michael wrote:

> (Doing the math more specifically...to purchase all the scripts one at

> a time would cost nearly $2,000. Here, if copies are purchased as the

> script books first come online, the full set would cost around $420; if
> purchased after the discount period, we're talking about $560...which
> is, again, for 15 volumes counting the free one, amounting to nearly

> FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PAGES OF MATERIAL.)

Yow! This would be a must-buy for me.

Months and months of enjoyable
reading and cross-comparing with
the show,
Robert Bernardo

Jan

Sep 13, 2005, 3:16:13 AM9/13/05
In article <1126590668.8...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Catman Andy
says...

>Let me be the first to cast a guess about the script availability
>date...
> J U L Y 1, 2006 :-)
>Now here is that spreadsheet for tracking guesses????? ha!
>
>Are we going to need other traking for each project?

LOL, shouldn't we wait until at least one projected date from JMS passes before
breaking out the spreadsheets? JMS said the script books should start sometime
in October.

Jan

Sep 13, 2005, 3:20:30 AM9/13/05
jms...@aol.com says...

>Found it.
>
>jms

Two words...and the number of subscriptions for the entire series probably just
doubled. <g>

Methuselah Jones

Sep 13, 2005, 8:23:06 AM9/13/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Amy
Guskin of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

>>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:09:48 -0400, Matt Ion wrote
> (in article <torVe.477878$s54.149476@pd7tw2no>):
>

>> The REAL question is, if it turns out G'Kar wasn't in the original
>> script, would Amy still buy it? <<
>
> Oh, yeah. He's got my money, definitely. G'Kar isn't the sole reason
> I love the show - in fact, it was Marcus who interested me That Way
> initially. I thought Andreas was a terrific actor and started looking
> for his other work, and it was really while immersing myself in his
> non-B5, non-prosthetic-mask work that I got so, uh, interested. :-)
>
> And, because you are all _so_ bad, and to waylay any nonsense about
> the acting class this weekend: my crush was definitely on _Marcus_,
> and not Jason, and I was completely over it _eons_ ago.

<innocent>Hmm? What? Us? What are you talking about, dear?</innocent>

--
Methuselah
All I want is a little more than I’ll ever get.

Jan

Sep 13, 2005, 8:36:13 AM9/13/05
jms...@aol.com says...

Hmm...how about the outlines for the trilogies? The outlines for the movies?

Wendy of NJ

Sep 13, 2005, 8:44:25 AM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:32:38 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:

> [...]

>will ONLY be sent out free, it cannot be purchased directly.
>

>So for roughly a quarter of what fans would spend to buy the scripts
>individually from dealers, which are often poorly photocopied or
>otherwise in bad shape, you get uniform trade (large-ish) very handsome
>paperback editions, WITH the introductions, photos, and the bonus book.

>(Doing the math more specifically...to purchase all the scripts one at
>a time would cost nearly $2,000. Here, if copies are purchased as the
>script books first come online, the full set would cost around $420; if
>purchased after the discount period, we're talking about $560...which
>is, again, for 15 volumes counting the free one, amounting to nearly
>FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PAGES OF MATERIAL.)
>

>I'll post another message when they officially go online at
>babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.

Thank you, this is great news. The website has already been
bookmarked. Have you decided on who will design your site? Should we
be sending proposals?

-Wendy

Wendy of NJ

Sep 13, 2005, 8:46:22 AM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 01:19:11 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:02:46 -0400, Andrew Swallow wrote
>(in article <dg58c1$rab$1...@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>):
>

>> jms...@aol.com wrote:

>>> Okay, I've given it some more thought, and there are a couple of things
>>> that I can say...but again, I have to keep some of this close to my
>>> vest for a while in terms of details, at least in the first regard.
>>>
>>> I've just had a treatment purchased for series development by a major
>>> studio/network. (This is non-B5.) The cool thing is that this is for
>>> one of the major broadcast networks and, if it ends up going ahead,
>>> would be for a prime-time series. But I have to attach all the usual
>>> caveats: the process is this...you write the treatment, then you write
>>> the pilot, then if the network likes the pilot script, they produce the
>>> pilot, and then if they like the pilot they give you the series. It's
>>> a very, very long process and like 90% of all development deals in town
>>> it can stop at any given point.
>>>
>>> But I'm very pleased about it because it's a major studio, major
>>> broadcast network, and that's terrific. More than that I absolutely
>>> can't say because everything about the story being developed is totally
>>> confidential.
>>

>> [snip B5 stuff]
>>
>> Break a secret leg.<<
>
>Break a leg is for actors. I'm not sure what's for producers or writers.
>(But it's _definitely_ not for dancers!)
>

>Amy

How about "Good Luck"?

Wendy of NJ

Sep 13, 2005, 8:51:31 AM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:18:08 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:58:33 -0400, Methuselah Jones wrote
>(in article <Xns96CFDF4095F9Cme...@216.196.97.131>):
>

>> Just think Joe, you could have had a fabulous career as a late-night
>> infomercial promoter! <<
>
><imagining the photoshopping possibilities...>
>
>>> One question: Is it necessary to purchase all 14 volumes at once in order
>> to get the 15th? That's gonna be kind of a bummer.<<
>
>We didn't really need to fix the sidewalk outside our house this year. Not
>_now_, at any rate. I mean, no one's tripped on it and sued us thus far. Ha
>ha, how likely is _that_ to happen between now and when I buy the 14
>volumes...? <crossing fingers>
>
>Amy

Amy, it's going to cost you way more than $400+ dollars to fix your
sidewalk. (I've had to do that, along with repaving a driveway, and
the sidewalk part of it was about 1500 dollars). I'm debating about
how long to re-do my front steps (they need to be ripped out and
re-done; and a mason just gave us an estimate of about a grand for the
job. Bleh).

I won't sign up for any premium TV channels at all this year (screw
you, Showtime!) and use that "savings" to buy books. Yeah...

-Wendy

Wendy of NJ

Sep 13, 2005, 8:52:58 AM9/13/05

Is that the Londo/G'Kar story that I read about a long time ago? Where
proshtetics were made and the crew were going to film it anyway???

Is THAT the one?

-Wendy

Richard Pertwee

Sep 13, 2005, 9:03:13 AM9/13/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:

>Found it.
>
>jms

Excellent news! Will this retailer be able to ship to those of us
outside the US...such as the UK? I really don't want to miss out on
this, just because I happen to live on the "wrong" side of the pond.

--
Richard

Jeremy Billones

Sep 13, 2005, 9:13:56 AM9/13/05

<jms...@aol.com> wrote:
>I'll post another message when they officially go online at
>babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.

Whoops -- looks like somebody already bought that domain name.

--
Jeremy Billones
"It's a place used the world over where people can come together to bitch about

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 10:15:01 AM9/13/05
>>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:24:59 -0400, Chris wrote
(in article <pelzo63-97942C...@news1.east.earthlink.net>):

Yeah, well: no. Not at all. I met him last year at DragonCon, and really,
he's just a nice bloke, is all. Period.

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 10:20:43 AM9/13/05
(in article <1126590335....@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> Found it.<<

Yay, and thanks!

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 10:24:40 AM9/13/05
(in article <feidi1l0lm8fku51i...@4ax.com>):

>> (in article <Xns96CFDF4095F9Cme...@216.196.97.131>):
>>

>>> Just think Joe, you could have had a fabulous career as a late-night
>>> infomercial promoter! <<
>>
>> <imagining the photoshopping possibilities...>

>>> to get the 15th? That's gonna be kind of a bummer.<<
>>
>> We didn't really need to fix the sidewalk outside our house this year. Not
>> _now_, at any rate. I mean, no one's tripped on it and sued us thus far.
>> Ha
>> ha, how likely is _that_ to happen between now and when I buy the 14
>> volumes...? <crossing fingers>
>>
>> Amy
>

> Amy, it's going to cost you way more than $400+ dollars to fix your
> sidewalk. (I've had to do that, along with repaving a driveway, and
> the sidewalk part of it was about 1500 dollars). I'm debating about
> how long to re-do my front steps (they need to be ripped out and
> re-done; and a mason just gave us an estimate of about a grand for the
> job. Bleh). <<

Based on the amount of squares we need jackhammered out and redone, the best
estimate thus far has been about $1200. So I guess I can still get half to
two-thirds of it fixed... :-p

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 10:25:07 AM9/13/05
>>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:52:58 -0400, Wendy of NJ wrote
(in article <gmidi1djnkkso7m7h...@4ax.com>):

Two words: joke script.

Yes.

Methuselah Jones

Sep 13, 2005, 10:27:46 AM9/13/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jeremy
Billones of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> In article <1126571427....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> <jms...@aol.com> wrote:
>>I'll post another message when they officially go online at
>>babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.
>
> Whoops -- looks like somebody already bought that domain name.

Presumably Joe or his publisher.

--
Methuselah
We couldn't have met in any previous life, because you are one experience

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 10:29:26 AM9/13/05
(in article <11idk1o...@corp.supernews.com>):

> In article <1126571427....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> <jms...@aol.com> wrote:
>> I'll post another message when they officially go online at
>> babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.
>
> Whoops -- looks like somebody already bought that domain name.<<

Er, yeah. Probably the registrant listed for it in the WHOIS database is the
company JMS contracted for the hosting (and possibly the web design). JMS is
a smart guy - he probably acquired this domain some time ago.

In any case, you weren't going to find an unpurchased domain there because no
one in their right mind would announce the intention to secure a domain, and
_name_ the domain, _on Usenet_, _before_ getting that domain nailed down. I
mean, this guy created and wrote Babylon 5: you've gotta give him _some_
credit for intelligence, fer cryin' out loud!

Amy

Joseph DeMartino

Sep 13, 2005, 11:58:59 AM9/13/05
> After we finished the movie, but before we got the series going, WB
asked to see a breakdown on this five-year arc thingie. So I wrote a
six or seven page, single spaced outline of the ENTIRE FIVE YEARS with
Sinclair still in place. The document makes for fascinating reading
when compared with the series as it developed. NOT ONLY THAT, but the
same document has a brief outline for A POTENTIAL BABYLON 5 SEQUEL
SERIES, which would have been entitled BABYLON PRIME. <

So I imagine any day now we'll start seeing all the apology posts. You
know, the contrite posts from all the people on this board who
personally attacked those of us who maintained it was obvious that
Sinclair had been intended to be the main character for all five years.
The people who called us liars, accused us of calling *jms* a liar,
said we were stupid, couldn't read, and were just big ol' poopy-heads
for not admitting that we were wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG in
suggesting such a thing. We CAN expect those posts soon, right?

Just thought I'd ask. <g>

Later,

Joe

ot...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2005, 1:04:49 PM9/13/05
It sounds very exciting, even for those who did pay much more for some
of these items through the B5 fan club. I hope all of the ordering
details will be smoothly worked out.

Neil

Jan

Sep 13, 2005, 1:30:37 PM9/13/05
In article <1126616823....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
ot...@hotmail.com says...

>It sounds very exciting, even for those who did pay much more for some
>of these items through the B5 fan club. I hope all of the ordering
>details will be smoothly worked out.

In the end, relatively few were released through the Fan Club and hardly every
JMS episode (in fact, there were some non-JMS episodes as I recall). The price
was $20 each, pretty much the going rate for the bootleg script houses.

Raven Woman

Sep 13, 2005, 1:33:28 PM9/13/05
Holy Smackrel!

JMS, you are too cool.

Jenn

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 4:26:37 PM9/13/05
>>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:58:59 -0400, Joseph DeMartino wrote
(in article <1126627003.5...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>):

Joe, you forgot the end sarcasm tag... Because, sh'yeah, that'll happen!

Andrew Swallow

Sep 13, 2005, 4:32:15 PM9/13/05
Jan wrote:

> In article <1126587199.1...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> jms...@aol.com says...
>

>>Amy Guskin wrote:
>>

>>>Oh. Yeah. Meant to ask: will you be including the version of "The Exercise
>>>of Vital Powers" with the, uh, alternate B-story?
>>>
>>>Amy
>>>

>>Y'know...I totally forgot about that one...I don't even know if I still
>>have it. Let me look around. If so, I'll drop it into the bonus book.
>>
>>jms
>

> Hmm...how about the outlines for the trilogies? The outlines for the movies?
>
> Jan

Leave JMS something to write between the pilot and second episode of his
new show.

Andrew Swallow

p.s. The key chain arrive this morning. Thank you.

jms...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2005, 7:35:51 PM9/13/05

Richard Pertwee wrote:
> Excellent news! Will this retailer be able to ship to those of us
> outside the US...such as the UK? I really don't want to miss out on
> this, just because I happen to live on the "wrong" side of the pond.
>
> --

Yup, as I understand it there's no problem shipping overseas.

jms

Catman Andy

Sep 13, 2005, 8:25:28 PM9/13/05

awwwww, I s'poz :-( ch ch chompin at the bit whether I can
afford them or not....
____________
Catman

Amy Guskin

Sep 13, 2005, 8:40:54 PM9/13/05
>>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:25:28 -0400, Catman Andy wrote
(in article <1126657401....@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

Actually, the phrase is "champing at the bit," although if you Google both
phrases, sadly, the incorrect version ("chomping at the bit") appears nearly
three times as often as the correct one! :-(

I am daily losing faith in my fellow speakers of English...

Amy

Iva

Sep 13, 2005, 8:50:41 PM9/13/05
<jms...@aol.com> :

> Okay, I've given it some more thought, and there are a
couple of things
> that I can say...but again, I have to keep some of this
close to my
> vest for a while in terms of details, at least in the
first regard.

<much snippage>

Wow! What a wonderful thing to find on coming back from
vacation! Thank you!

--
Iva

Iva

Sep 13, 2005, 9:07:53 PM9/13/05
Amy Guskin wrote:
>Chris wrote:

> > Amy Guskin wrote:
> >> And, because you are all _so_ bad, and to waylay any
nonsense about the
> >> acting class this weekend: my crush was definitely on
_Marcus_, and not
> >> Jason, and I was completely over it _eons_ ago.
> >
> > uh huh, right, WE'RE the bad ones, riiiight.
> >
> > ...Chris, wondering if jason should be afraid...very
afraid.. <<

> Yeah, well: no. Not at all. I met him last year at
DragonCon, and really,
> he's just a nice bloke, is all. Period.

Hmmm, I seem to remember an e-mail about your meeting him
last year - might even still have a copy of it on my 'puter
somewhere. <g>

--
Iva

Wesley Struebing

Sep 13, 2005, 9:18:01 PM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:32:38 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:

>ipla...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> JMS
>>
>> There hasn't been a full update in a little while of all things JMS. So
>> how about it. Pretty please.
>>
>> IP
>

>Okay, I've given it some more thought, and there are a couple of things
>that I can say...but again, I have to keep some of this close to my
>vest for a while in terms of details, at least in the first regard.

Interesting treatment! (of the treatment?)

>Now, that said, there's a little something else....
>
>For years, I've been at conventions and had fans come up with
>photocopied scripts they'd purchased from script stores or dealers for
>$20 a pop, many times in poor condition...with loose or missing pages,
>hard to read, and thought, there has to be a better way for fans to get
>these scripts without paying that much for copies that are often
>inferior.
>
>So now, at some point in October, we're going to fix this.

<whole bunches of goodness snipped>

>I'll post another message when they officially go online at
>babylon5scripts.com but in the interim...know that they are coming.

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!

(and he falls over in a faint...)

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Jan

Sep 13, 2005, 9:18:12 PM9/13/05
In article <EFGdncI4sOo...@ptd.net>, Iva says...

Oh, yeah...she met him all right! I was there. I saw it all! <g>

It is loading more messages.