ATTN JMS: Lurker's Guide?

1 view

Lee Hutchinson

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96

Hello, Joe! First, the standard thanks and congrats: Thank you for
Babylon 5! It is the only show on television that I watch religiously.
A masterpiece.

My question is this: What are you feelings on the Lurker's Guide? To
most of us lurkers, it is an invaluable resource; really, it's the only
compendium that we have, full of plot points, synopses, snippets of
your postings, run times, everything. Do you ever look at it?

Let me rephraise that--do you ever look at it and, when you hit the
"Unanswered Questions" sections for an episode, sit there and laugh to
yourself about how you already know all the answers and we have to wait
years to find out?? :)

And on a more serious note, what do you think the legal ramifications
about a Lurker's Guide CD after the series finishes its run would be?

Thanks!

--
Lee Hutchinson
Poke...@ix.netcom.com

"Hit it."

Jms at B5

Dec 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/14/96

I think The Lurker's Guide is an invaluable resource; I check it often
when I need a quick fact about a prior episode and don't want to hassle
with digging through scripts or tapes to find it.

jms

Dennis Virzi

Dec 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/17/96

In article <19961214113...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

Well, there IS that Hugo category for Best Fanzine <g>

Peter Eliopoulos

Dec 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/19/96

Jms at B5 (jms...@aol.com) wrote:
: I think The Lurker's Guide is an invaluable resource; I check it often
: when I need a quick fact about a prior episode and don't want to hassle
: with digging through scripts or tapes to find it.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen anything that even comes
close to the Guide in terms of sheer depth and analysis for a TV show? I
watched B5 occasionally until I looked up the guide. It hooked me onto B5.

PEter

rodent

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

I've found Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiotica a very usefull
resource. It also covers the B5 Novels.

http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~atropos/Voltayre/vex.html

I'm wondering if JMS will give these guys a couple of
bones to chew on. Some background on some alien cultures,
production stuff that's not seen in the ep's, ect.

JMS?

rodent
"If you want to stay on top in a beurocracy, make sure you are
the only one who knows how it all works"
Lord Julius -"Cerebus"

Lee Hutchinson

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

In <32B3D2...@thinkthink.com> rodent <rod...@thinkthink.com>
writes:
> I've found Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiotica a very usefull
>resource. It also covers the B5 Novels.
>
>http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~atropos/Voltayre/vex.html
>
> I'm wondering if JMS will give these guys a couple of
>bones to chew on. Some background on some alien cultures,
>production stuff that's not seen in the ep's, ect.
>
>JMS?

I still remember the first time I found the EX...once I realized what
it was I was looking at, I popped in Chris Franke's B5 soundtrack and
dug right in...

Three repetitions of the CD later, I had read just about the entire
thing and came away perfectly satisfied. I go back and read every new
article he has up. The EX is just as good as the Lurker's Guide, but
in a totally different way.

Between those two sites...man, are we lucky or WHAT?