from jms: too damned much stuff

jms...@aol.com

Apr 9, 2005, 12:11:29 PM4/9/05
Okay. That's it. I give up.

Over the last few days, I've been trying to sort through the tons of
boxes that have for the most part been sitting in storage for the last
several years to try and find space for all this stuff, and there just
isn't any. The floors are wall-to-wall with boxes, crates, palletes,
you name it, the detritus of decades of making shows and writing comics
and being a pack-rack. It has literally grown to overflow two rental
storage facilities.

I have reached the point best expressed by Oscar Wilde's last words:
"Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."

There's just no room, and I'm going insane.

So I'm going to have a yard sale.

Now, understand, the majority of this stuff will never leaving my
hands, and for those I have set aside places here at the house...the
statue of the B5 station that sat for five years on the desk of every
commanding officer on B5...the actual prop Book of G'Kar...a number of
props and bits of memorabilia that have honored places here.

But a lot of the rest is going to go out the door, because either that
wallpaper goes, or...well, you get the idea.

It's going to be kind of a JMS retrospective in some ways, because as I
said, this stuff covers decades...from memorabilia and storyboards for
the Ghostbusters, He-Man and Captain Power series, original scripts
from Twilight Zone and Murder, She Wrote...but the bulk of it is B5
stuff.

There are the actual script books I used during production, into which
I shoved the script I was working on, the breakdowns, shooting
schedules, any storyboards that were needed...the whole thing, in one
book per episode, some of which still have my original notations.

There are episodic dailies tapes, with takes and bits not previously
seen anywhere, posters, publicity material, a ton of stuff.

Props from the show, from my personal collection, where I have doubles
or just no place for them anymore.

(One of the things I'm letting go traces back to the pilot. Not sure
if the show would ever actually go, I paid the wardrobe department to
make me a B5 captain's uniform. I know, I know, I'm the ultimate geek,
but there you are. Suffice to say given the passage of time and
calories, there's no way on god's green earth that that uniform is ever
going to fit. Not that I ever wore it past the initial fitting, but
for sure it ain't gonna happen now. So that's on its way out.)

Another prime item is going to be one of two huge original art pieces
that the late Peter Ledger did for me to help sell B5 itself, big,
elaborate paintings, signed by Peter. The one I won't sell is the
first painting of the B5 station itself from the outside; the one I
just don't have room for is the very first visualization/painting of
the Garden area, with the core shuttle, folks floating around, and in
the bar, a fight breaking out between humans and aliens, with an early
version of Garibaldi in the thick of it.

There's caps, and a disco-style prototype of a B5 crew jacket, a few of
the original blue key B5 symbol t-shirts made up before we did the
pilot and given out at a couple of conventions, an assortment of
souvenirs and some truly, truly weird shit, some of which nobody's ever
heard of before, let alone seen.

I'm still holding on to about 75% of the stuff, but the other 25% has
got to go.

So starting sometime probably next week, the week of the 11th, and from
time to time over the next month or so, keep an eye on Ebay. (I'm
playing with the idea of doing this chronologically, from the earliest
stuff to the latter stuff, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough
for that.) I likely won't put this stuff up every day, only when and
as I think of it. So you may have days pass with nothing, then a day
when four or five items go up. The Ebay user ID is babylon5auctions.
Once I've cleared out enough room to actually see the floor again, the
auctions will stop and that user ID will go away.

Let the games begin.

jms

(Message content copyright (c) 2005
by Synthetic Worlds, Ltd.
Permission to reprint specifically
denied to SFX Magazine)

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 12:30:02 PM4/9/05

Methuselah Jones

Apr 9, 2005, 12:44:58 PM4/9/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan
of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

It looks like Jan started to post something, but fainted before she could
get the words out.

--
Methuselah
"I'd like people to remember me as someone who was good at his job and

Arlen Roy Kundert

Apr 9, 2005, 12:52:37 PM4/9/05

Methuselah Jones wrote:
> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of
Jan
> of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:
>

> It looks like Jan started to post something, but fainted before she
could
> get the words out.

*In the voice of Graham Chapman*
Look, if she fainting, she would bother post her fainting, she'd just
do it!

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 12:54:46 PM4/9/05
In article <d38vt...@drn.newsguy.com>, Jan says...

Obviously I was struck speachless. (Nah, that's too easy, folks...don't bother
<g>)

>>It's going to be kind of a JMS retrospective in some ways, because as I
>>said, this stuff covers decades...from memorabilia and storyboards for
>>the Ghostbusters, He-Man and Captain Power series, original scripts
>>from Twilight Zone and Murder, She Wrote...but the bulk of it is B5
>>stuff.
>>
>>There are the actual script books I used during production, into which
>>I shoved the script I was working on, the breakdowns, shooting
>>schedules, any storyboards that were needed...the whole thing, in one
>>book per episode, some of which still have my original notations.

Good thing I don't have a webcam....drooling all over the keyboard isn't my best
look.

This is gonna be fun!

Jan

Dave Hayslett

Apr 9, 2005, 12:56:56 PM4/9/05
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:30:02 +0000 (UTC), Jan wrote:

Jan's so excited, she's speechless. :-D

--
Dave (4/9/2005 12:56:14 PM)

Life is short and hard, like a bodybuilding elf

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 1:07:08 PM4/9/05
In article <Xns96338191E12C1me...@216.196.97.131>, Methuselah
Jones says...

>It looks like Jan started to post something, but fainted before she could
>get the words out.

Yeah, that's it...I fainted...nothing serious folks, just a small episode of
unconsiousness. Might as well get it out of the way now because if a certain
script shows up (#414 - Moments of Transition)...well, just assume it's already
mine, okay?

So I'm a total fangirl, what of it? ;-)

Jan

Thunder, Agent '005

Apr 9, 2005, 1:50:25 PM4/9/05
Jan wrote:

> Yeah, that's it...I fainted...nothing serious folks, just a small episode of
> unconsiousness. Might as well get it out of the way now because if a certain
> script shows up (#414 - Moments of Transition)...well, just assume it's already
> mine, okay?
>
> So I'm a total fangirl, what of it? ;-)

Thanks for that heads up. Now we'll know not to bid on it... :)

t.k.

Matt Ion

Apr 9, 2005, 2:45:24 PM4/9/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:

> So starting sometime probably next week, the week of the 11th, and from
> time to time over the next month or so, keep an eye on Ebay. (I'm
> playing with the idea of doing this chronologically, from the earliest
> stuff to the latter stuff, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough
> for that.) I likely won't put this stuff up every day, only when and
> as I think of it. So you may have days pass with nothing, then a day
> when four or five items go up. The Ebay user ID is babylon5auctions.
> Once I've cleared out enough room to actually see the floor again, the
> auctions will stop and that user ID will go away.

So, what color is the wallpaper?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 04/08/2005
Tested on: 4/9/2005 11:41:58 AM

Amy Guskin

Apr 9, 2005, 3:05:03 PM4/9/05
(in article <d391b...@drn.newsguy.com>):

> In article <d38vt...@drn.newsguy.com>, Jan says...
>
> Obviously I was struck speachless. (Nah, that's too easy, folks...don't
> bother
> <g>)<<

Yeah, if you hadn't said it yourself, I _definitely_ would have come up with
something snarky and pithy. (Obviously my famous proclivity for wanting to
start arguments... :-p)

Amy

--
http://www.zongoftheweek.com
Free and legal downloads of fun, original songs

Amy Guskin

Apr 9, 2005, 3:15:22 PM4/9/05
>> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:07:08 -0400, Jan wrote
(in article <d3923...@drn.newsguy.com>):

Yeah, horribly insulting, especially since no one else here would at ALL fit
that description. (And it goes without saying that I'll have to kill anybody
who bids against me for any item that touched Andreas's body!) :-)

Incidentally Jan, did JMS make a mistake in his post? He said that he was
keeping the Book of _G'Kar_...I thought it was the Book of _G'Quan_ that he
had kept, which was quite nifty looking (while I think the Book of G'Kar was
just loose papers in his possession until they got printed on Narn, and all
the copies looked pretty much like ordinary books). I'm guessing your memory
is better than mine, or at least you'll be moved to check on the Lurker's
Guide before I will...

David E. Powell

Apr 9, 2005, 3:21:36 PM4/9/05
Matt Ion wrote:
> jms...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > So starting sometime probably next week, the week of the 11th, and
from
> > time to time over the next month or so, keep an eye on Ebay. (I'm
> > playing with the idea of doing this chronologically, from the
earliest
> > stuff to the latter stuff, but I don't know if I'm disciplined
enough
> > for that.) I likely won't put this stuff up every day, only when
and
> > as I think of it. So you may have days pass with nothing, then a
day
> > when four or five items go up. The Ebay user ID is
babylon5auctions.
> > Once I've cleared out enough room to actually see the floor again,
the
> > auctions will stop and that user ID will go away.
>
> So, what color is the wallpaper?

Green, pruple. Purple, green.

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 3:49:22 PM4/9/05
In article <0001HW.BE7DA20C...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

>Yeah, horribly insulting, especially since no one else here would at ALL fit
>that description. (And it goes without saying that I'll have to kill anybody
>who bids against me for any item that touched Andreas's body!) :-)

And you know, Amy, that nobody here would bid on such an item. I foresee the
problem being with those *other* people who find out about these auctions.

>Incidentally Jan, did JMS make a mistake in his post? He said that he was
>keeping the Book of _G'Kar_...I thought it was the Book of _G'Quan_ that he
>had kept, which was quite nifty looking (while I think the Book of G'Kar was
>just loose papers in his possession until they got printed on Narn, and all
>the copies looked pretty much like ordinary books). I'm guessing your memory
>is better than mine, or at least you'll be moved to check on the Lurker's
>Guide before I will...

LOL, don't need to, that's an easy one. JMS did say that he planned to have the
Book of G'Quan for his own after the series, but I think that the book of G'Kar
was bound by the end, too. If JMS is smart, he has both but he did probably
mean the book of G'Quan. In fact, I'd automatically read G'Quan anyway.

Jan

Wendy of NJ

Apr 9, 2005, 4:33:45 PM4/9/05
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:49:22 +0000 (UTC), Jan <janmsc...@aol.com>
wrote:

I thought the book of G'Kar was a real (prop) book by season 5 -
didn't G'Kar slam someone's face into it?

(and it was the prop used for the fake ad on the S5 blooper reel,
right?)

-Wendy

Wendy of NJ

Apr 9, 2005, 4:36:10 PM4/9/05
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:11:29 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:

>Okay. That's it. I give up.

And too dammned little money!

AUGH!

-Wendy

Andrew Swallow

Apr 9, 2005, 5:29:52 PM4/9/05
Methuselah Jones wrote:
[snip]

> It looks like Jan started to post something, but fainted before she could
> get the words out.

It is even weirder than that. I can see Jan's reposting but not JMS's
original.

Andrew Swallow

jms...@aol.com

Apr 9, 2005, 7:39:39 PM4/9/05
JMS did say that he planned to have the
Book of G'Quan for his own after the series, but I think that the book
of G'Kar
was bound by the end, too. If JMS is smart, he has both but he did
probably
mean the book of G'Quan. In fact, I'd automatically read G'Quan
anyway.

Because the Book of G'Quan appears for the first time in "By Any Means
Necessary" Kathryn got that one as a gift, and I got the Book of G'Kar
which, someday, if there is a B5 feature, I may give as a gift to a
certain very tall Narn....

Raven Woman

Apr 9, 2005, 7:41:42 PM4/9/05
> >And you know, Amy, that nobody here would bid on such an item. I foresee
the
> >problem being with those *other* people who find out about these
auctions.

She knows no such thing.

I just got my tax money back.

Dammit.

Jenn

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 8:08:24 PM4/9/05
In article <1113089959....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
jms...@aol.com says...

>Because the Book of G'Quan appears for the first time in "By Any Means
>Necessary" Kathryn got that one as a gift, and I got the Book of G'Kar
>which, someday, if there is a B5 feature, I may give as a gift to a
>certain very tall Narn....

It'd be cool if JMS reminisced a little about the items in the auction listings.
Might hold up the lising process, though.

Jan

Amy Guskin

Apr 9, 2005, 8:20:29 PM4/9/05
>>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 15:49:22 -0400, Jan wrote
(in article <d39bj...@drn.newsguy.com>):

Which reminds me: don't know if I'd ever mentioned this here, but when I got
the iBook last year, one of the first things I did was to rename the drive.
The drive, the icon for which sits on the desktop, always has some generic
name like "Hard Drive" when you first boot it up. Anyway, I renamed it to
"G'Quan," which makes my laptop...

The iBook of G'Quan.

:-D

Amy Guskin

Apr 9, 2005, 8:26:58 PM4/9/05
>>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:33:45 -0400, Wendy of NJ wrote
(in article <1seg51hkl4si5ppje...@4ax.com>):

I've never had a clear enough copy of that blooper reel to see what they were
actually using in the Narns & Noble ad. But in the series, G'Kar is writing
his book on all sorts of sheets of paper - remember when Garibaldi lets him
out of the brig, he gathers them all up and takes them with him? Then, while
he's off the station, Ta'Lon (I _think_ it was Ta'Lon) sends the papers to
Narn, where they get published and distributed. When he's teaching that
class, I thought they all had their own copies of the book, and that's what
he slams that Narn's face into. I just don't remember there being one
definitive copy like there was with G'Kar's personal copy of the Book of
G'Quan. Which, incidentally, you should not thump, as it is disrespectful.
<g>

Amy Guskin

Apr 9, 2005, 8:43:08 PM4/9/05
>>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:39:39 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
(in article <1113089959....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>):

Those last 20 words made my night, Joe! Nice to know you still have some
plans for G'Kar!

Now, help us out here: in what episode do we actually see a definitive copy
of the Book of G'Kar? Meaning, is this something that G'Kar himself carried
around, or was it just one of the many Books of G'Kar the Narns on the
station were carrying?

Amy Guskin

Apr 9, 2005, 8:46:08 PM4/9/05
>>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:41:42 -0400, Raven Woman wrote
(in article <d39p6j$12qs$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

Hrm, I bet we could raise enough money to buy _several_ B5 artifacts, and
split them between us, if we offered to mud-wrestle each other - and sell
tickets to it here on the newsgroup - for the privilege of bidding on
Andreas-worn costume bits.

:-)

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 8:54:00 PM4/9/05
In article <0001HW.BE7DEB28...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

> When he's teaching that
>class, I thought they all had their own copies of the book, and that's what
>he slams that Narn's face into. I just don't remember there being one
>definitive copy like there was with G'Kar's personal copy of the Book of
>G'Quan. Which, incidentally, you should not thump, as it is disrespectful.
><g>

From what little I know of the business (from notes in the scripts mainly) there
were probably one or two 'hero' (suitable for close-ups) Books of G'Kar and more
'background' copies. Which isn't at all what you meant when you said definitive
copy but I've got to show off sometimes...<g>

Jan
who wouldn't *think* of thumping

Wesley Struebing

Apr 9, 2005, 8:55:09 PM4/9/05

Nonono...Gotta bid her 'way up on it!

(just kidding Jan; I would NEVER do that...<evil grin>)
--

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat.
You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat."

Wes Struebing (str...@carpedementem.org)

Jan

Apr 9, 2005, 9:15:40 PM4/9/05
In article <u8ug51pfnndu0ldan...@4ax.com>, Wesley Struebing
says...

>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 17:50:25 +0000 (UTC), "Thunder, Agent '005"
><dece...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>Jan wrote:
>>

>>> Yeah, that's it...I fainted...nothing serious folks, just a small episode of
>>>unconsiousness. Might as well get it out of the way now because if a certain
>>>script shows up (#414 - Moments of Transition)...well, just assume it's already
>>> mine, okay?
>>>
>>> So I'm a total fangirl, what of it? ;-)
>>
>>Thanks for that heads up. Now we'll know not to bid on it... :)
>>
>>t.k.
>
>Nonono...Gotta bid her 'way up on it!
>
>(just kidding Jan; I would NEVER do that...<evil grin>)
>--

So, basically, I'm doomed, right? <sob> I thought you were my friends...

Sigh...let 'em know your weakness...

Jan

Dan Brandow

Apr 9, 2005, 9:34:32 PM4/9/05
Jan wrote:
> It'd be cool if JMS reminisced a little about the items in the auction listings.
> Might hold up the lising process, though.
>
> Jan

It would be worth it to JMS to do, as it will up the final bid price.

Dan

Nick

Apr 9, 2005, 10:34:09 PM4/9/05
Please tell me that you will be willing to ship outside the US

Nick
-----We Solve your Computer Problems---
Founder & Listowner of the Prolifics User Group
Panther, Ingres, UNIX, Interbase, Firebird - Available Shortly

abch...@valornet.com

Apr 9, 2005, 11:12:18 PM4/9/05
There are moments like this for which the internet was created. And
the congregation said, amen.

Bid 'em up......and be still my beating heart......

Raven Woman

Apr 9, 2005, 11:15:42 PM4/9/05
> Hrm, I bet we could raise enough money to buy _several_ B5 artifacts, and
> split them between us, if we offered to mud-wrestle each other - and sell
> tickets to it here on the newsgroup - for the privilege of bidding on
> Andreas-worn costume bits.
>
> :-)

I'm game if you are.
We *are* both in PA, after all. (You *are* still in Philly, yes??)

Jenn

Dave Hayslett

Apr 10, 2005, 12:02:33 AM4/10/05

So where do I ... uh, that is, *we* ... sign up for those tickets, exactly,
please? O:-)

--
Dave (4/10/2005 12:01:19 AM)

Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he
said, "I drank what?"

jms...@aol.com

Apr 10, 2005, 1:05:10 AM4/10/05
Please tell me that you will be willing to ship outside the US

As a courtesy to anyone who picks this stuff up, I'm going to be
sending everything out fed ex, to make sure it arrives safely (and only
charging like five bucks), so that means it can go internationally as
well.

jms

jms...@aol.com

Apr 10, 2005, 1:08:10 AM4/10/05
Nice to know you still have some
plans for G'Kar!

Actually, I was thinking of Andreas personally.

Now, help us out here: in what episode do we actually see a definitive
copy
of the Book of G'Kar? Meaning, is this something that G'Kar himself
carried
around, or was it just one of the many Books of G'Kar the Narns on the
station were carrying?

It's the one he was actually writing in, the loose pages gathered into
a leather binder. That one ain't leaving my possession for a long,
long, very long time.

jms

Thunder, Agent '005

Apr 10, 2005, 1:56:06 AM4/10/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:

> It's the one he was actually writing in, the loose pages gathered into
> a leather binder. That one ain't leaving my possession for a long,
> long, very long time.
>
> jms

Still have to finish writing it, eh? :)

t.k.

Thunder, Agent '005

Apr 10, 2005, 1:57:51 AM4/10/05
Amy Guskin wrote:

> Which reminds me: don't know if I'd ever mentioned this here, but when I got
> the iBook last year, one of the first things I did was to rename the drive.
> The drive, the icon for which sits on the desktop, always has some generic
> name like "Hard Drive" when you first boot it up. Anyway, I renamed it to
> "G'Quan," which makes my laptop...
>
> The iBook of G'Quan.
>
> :-D
>
> Amy

Just don't thump on it--it's disrespectful. :)

t.k.

Chris

Apr 10, 2005, 2:01:31 AM4/10/05
In article <0001HW.BE7DE96D...@news.verizon.net>,
Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

> Which reminds me: don't know if I'd ever mentioned this here, but when I got
> the iBook last year, one of the first things I did was to rename the drive.
> The drive, the icon for which sits on the desktop, always has some generic
> name like "Hard Drive" when you first boot it up. Anyway, I renamed it to
> "G'Quan," which makes my laptop...
>
> The iBook of G'Quan.

see, you need to get the touch pad to respond to repeated touches(not
mousings, but tappings) with the sound bite "do not thump the book of
g'quan, it's disrespectful" ;-)

...Chris

Chris

Apr 10, 2005, 2:05:37 AM4/10/05
In article <d3a5on$rlk$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>,
"Raven Woman" <Hraf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'll ref!!

...Chris

Amy Guskin

Apr 10, 2005, 9:56:14 AM4/10/05
>>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:15:42 -0400, Raven Woman wrote
(in article <d3a5on$rlk$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

Yup. Let the games begin! Winner gets to bid on any disputed items! :-)

Amy

Michael Ellis

Apr 10, 2005, 11:09:05 AM4/10/05

"Amy Guskin" <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message

I've got a video camera and some equipment. I could put together a "Girls of
RASTB5 Gone Wild" DVD, all money to go to the winners charity of choice, I
just need a time and a place. I'll be here if you need me.

Mickey - who also has a website to put the highlights on

Andrew Swallow

Apr 10, 2005, 11:29:53 AM4/10/05
On this posting I have lost who said what.

Andrew Swallow

Mac Breck

Apr 10, 2005, 11:32:50 AM4/10/05
<jms...@aol.com> wrote in message
> [...]
ever
> heard of before, let alone seen.
>
> I'm still holding on to about 75% of the stuff, but the other 25% has
> got to go.
>
> So starting sometime probably next week, the week of the 11th, and
from
> time to time over the next month or so, keep an eye on Ebay. (I'm
> playing with the idea of doing this chronologically, from the earliest
> stuff to the latter stuff, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough
> for that.) I likely won't put this stuff up every day, only when and
> as I think of it. So you may have days pass with nothing, then a day
> when four or five items go up. The Ebay user ID is babylon5auctions.
> Once I've cleared out enough room to actually see the floor again, the
> auctions will stop and that user ID will go away.

I'm calling dibs on the Crusade hat, Crusade scripts (of which I just
ned a few) and any other Crusade stuff, though those with deep pockets
will probably outbid me.

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

"Brimstone" (1998)
The Devil: Nobody beats the Devil. Are you listening? Did you hear what
I said, Mr. Stone? Nobody beats the Devil.
Ezekiel Stone: So you keep telling me. <enjoying his Reggie Bar> Go to
Hell...<smiles and pushes the Down button on the elevator> ...please.

Raven Woman

Apr 10, 2005, 12:54:26 PM4/10/05
> I've got a video camera and some equipment. I could put together a "Girls
of
> RASTB5 Gone Wild" DVD, all money to go to the winners charity of choice, I
> just need a time and a place. I'll be here if you need me.
>
> Mickey - who also has a website to put the highlights on

Woo hoo!

We could take bids on our favorite wrestlers (to avoid gambling maybe it
could be more like a 'thon' where you just bid on the wrestler for
participating).

And we need a men's side, too.

Jenn

Wesley Struebing

Apr 10, 2005, 2:38:17 PM4/10/05

I'll do the play-by-play!

Amy Guskin

Apr 10, 2005, 2:44:54 PM4/10/05
>>On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 02:01:31 -0400, Chris wrote
(in article <pelzo63-F425F8...@news1.east.earthlink.net>):

That's already my error message on the iMac in the office. :-)

Amy Guskin

Apr 10, 2005, 2:55:02 PM4/10/05
>>On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:09:05 -0400, Michael Ellis wrote
(in article <4kb6e.1356$%v6....@twister.nyroc.rr.com>):

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Wendy, you _are_ going to get into the
mud with us, aren't you? You're only across the river in NJ! :-D

Amy Guskin

Apr 10, 2005, 2:56:56 PM4/10/05
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:29:53 -0400, Andrew Swallow wrote
(in article <d3bgfi$k1r$1...@hercules.btinternet.com>):

I said, "Nice to know you still have some plans for G'Kar." JMS replied,
"Actually, I was thinking of Andreas personally." Then, I said, "Now, help
us out here:...(all the way up to)...the Narns on the station were carrying?"
And JMS replied, "It's the one he was actually writing in...(and all the way
to the end)."

Kurt Ullman

Apr 10, 2005, 2:59:28 PM4/10/05
In article <kcsi51tngu7ifcnps...@4ax.com>, Wesley
Struebing <str...@carpedementem.org> wrote:
>On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 06:05:37 +0000 (UTC), Chris
><pel...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> I'm game if you are.
>>> We *are* both in PA, after all. (You *are* still in Philly, yes??)
>>
>>I'll ref!!
>>
>>...Chris
>
>I'll do the play-by-play!
So, do we sell the rights to ESPN, Fox Sports or do Pay-per-view
ourselves?

--
And to have an elected official question one's integrity is rather like
having a street whore question one's virginity.

Thomas A. Horsley

Apr 10, 2005, 4:41:43 PM4/10/05
>It's the one he was actually writing in, the loose pages gathered into
>a leather binder. That one ain't leaving my possession for a long,
>long, very long time.

But just for curiosity, what's actually on all those pages? (I hope not "All
work and no play makes G'Kar a dull Narn" repeated over and over :-).
--
>>==>> The *Best* political site <URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/> >>==+
email: Tom.H...@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+

Jere Lull

Apr 10, 2005, 4:45:15 PM4/10/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:

> ..., and I got the Book of G'Kar which, someday, if there is a B5
> feature, I may give as a gift to a certain very tall Narn....

Oh GOSH... why wait? He's earned at least a copy

--
Jere Lull

Nick

Apr 10, 2005, 4:46:36 PM4/10/05
In article <0001HW.BE7EEEDF...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin wrote:
> > I've got a video camera and some equipment. I could put together a "Girls of
> > RASTB5 Gone Wild" DVD, all money to go to the winners charity of choice, I
> > just need a time and a place. I'll be here if you need me.
> >
> > Mickey - who also has a website to put the highlights on<<
>
> Okay, this is getting out of hand. Wendy, you _are_ going to get into the
> mud with us, aren't you? You're only across the river in NJ! :-D

highlights nothing, I want a live web feed

Christoph Erichsen

Apr 10, 2005, 4:46:26 PM4/10/05
Hi
i wonder if it's posible to share some high-quality pictures from the stuff
you are going to sell.
it would be very nice to see some pictures from the props and posters just
in case we loose the auctions and get never a chance to see the stuff again.

kind regards from Germany

Christoph

Peter B. Juul

Apr 10, 2005, 4:51:38 PM4/10/05
jms...@aol.com writes:

> Because the Book of G'Quan appears for the first time in "By Any Means
> Necessary" Kathryn got that one as a gift, and I got the Book of G'Kar

> which, someday, if there is a B5 feature, I may give as a gift to a
> certain very tall Narn....

By the way, what's this I hear about some spin-off feature? And since
when is a lion the king of Narn?

--
Peter B. Juul, o.-.o "We haven't lost and we never will
The RockBear. ((^)) Today you came into our grasp

Iva

Apr 10, 2005, 6:37:53 PM4/10/05
Amy Guskin wrote:

>Raven Woman wrote:
> > I'm game if you are.
> > We *are* both in PA, after all. (You *are* still in Philly,
yes??) <<

> Yup. Let the games begin! Winner gets to bid on any disputed
items! :-)

I'll hold the bets. <g>

--
Iva

Dave Hayslett

Apr 10, 2005, 6:46:17 PM4/10/05

NO! *I* wanna hold the b... oh. You said "bets". Never mind. O:-)

--
Dave (4/10/2005 6:45:57 PM)

YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
YOUR LUCKY COLOR IS DEAD.

Oron Port

Apr 10, 2005, 7:38:17 PM4/10/05
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:54:46 +0000 (UTC), Jan <janmsc...@aol.com>
wrote:

>In article <d38vt...@drn.newsguy.com>, Jan says...
>
>Obviously I was struck speachless. (Nah, that's too easy, folks...don't bother
><g>)

>>>It's going to be kind of a JMS retrospective in some ways, because as I
>>>said, this stuff covers decades...from memorabilia and storyboards for
>>>the Ghostbusters, He-Man and Captain Power series, original scripts
>>>from Twilight Zone and Murder, She Wrote...but the bulk of it is B5
>>>stuff.
>>>
>>>There are the actual script books I used during production, into which
>>>I shoved the script I was working on, the breakdowns, shooting
>>>schedules, any storyboards that were needed...the whole thing, in one
>>>book per episode, some of which still have my original notations.
>>>

>Good thing I don't have a webcam....drooling all over the keyboard isn't my best
>look.
>
>This is gonna be fun!
>
>Jan

I wasn't around for several days now due to academic overload, but
when I started reading JMS's post, I immediately thought of your eyes
widening and jaw droping down in disbelief. :-)

Oron

Andrew Swallow

Apr 10, 2005, 8:30:07 PM4/10/05
Amy Guskin wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:29:53 -0400, Andrew Swallow wrote
> (in article <d3bgfi$k1r$1...@hercules.btinternet.com>):
[snip]

>>On this posting I have lost who said what.
>>
>>Andrew Swallow
>>

> I said, "Nice to know you still have some plans for G'Kar." JMS replied,
> "Actually, I was thinking of Andreas personally." Then, I said, "Now, help
> us out here:...(all the way up to)...the Narns on the station were carrying?"
> And JMS replied, "It's the one he was actually writing in...(and all the way
> to the end)."

Thank you.

Thunder, Agent '005

Apr 11, 2005, 2:57:35 AM4/11/05
Thomas A. Horsley wrote:

> But just for curiosity, what's actually on all those pages? (I hope not "All
> work and no play makes G'Kar a dull Narn" repeated over and over :-).
> --

That's correct...it also has "Redrum! Redrum!" on it... :)

t.k.

Wendy of NJ

Apr 11, 2005, 9:39:49 AM4/11/05

Huh -- WHA? <bats eyes innocently>

Only if I get enough money to actually BID on something. And it had
better be a really good charity!

-Wendy

Amy Guskin

Apr 11, 2005, 11:01:44 AM4/11/05
>>On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:39:49 -0400, Wendy of NJ wrote
(in article <icvk51hmihipnn8he...@4ax.com>):

Charity, schmarity - if I'm getting into the mud, the charity is _me_!

Jan

Apr 11, 2005, 11:44:47 AM4/11/05
In article <0001HW.BE800996...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

>Charity, schmarity - if I'm getting into the mud, the charity is _me_!

<snicker> Den mother, huh? Rrriiigghhhtt! ;-)

Jan

jms...@aol.com

Apr 13, 2005, 1:00:27 AM4/13/05
Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
gonna melt on one of these.

Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
four for now, more to follow.

jms

Jan

Apr 13, 2005, 4:19:16 AM4/13/05
jms...@aol.com says...

Ooohh...wonderful things...

Jan

Wendy of NJ

Apr 13, 2005, 7:47:34 AM4/13/05
*cries*

*pulls pockets out, lets moths escape*

Well If someone wants to buy me that jacket for a birthday present....

-Wendy

CaptJosh

Apr 13, 2005, 8:00:08 AM4/13/05

Ok, I'm drooling on my keyboard and wishing I had a few million to
spare. I'd buy all the stuff Joe is auctioning, keep a few things, and
give the rest away to fellow board members.

--------
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;

Jan

Apr 13, 2005, 8:31:53 AM4/13/05
In article <vh1q511kavrkhmfvv...@4ax.com>, Wendy of NJ says...

>*cries*
>
>*pulls pockets out, lets moths escape*
>
>Well If someone wants to buy me that jacket for a birthday present....

Yeah, me too! These auctions will be ending just one week before my birthday.
Plenty of time for JMS to ship directly to me, right?

Three guesses what I'd want...<g>

Jan

Richard Zitola

Apr 13, 2005, 8:53:45 AM4/13/05
jms...@aol.com wrote:
> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
> gonna melt on one of these.

A-yep, Joe's a writer alright. But not a... photographer. :)

This is the very first ebay auction I've ever seen that inspires you to
think, simultaneously: "Oooh! I've GOTTA have that!" and "Oooh! I've
GOTTA focus on something other than infinity!"

I'm not meaning to complain here... just amused by the stark contrast
between such an excellent description and those, um, pictures.

I do hope that whoever wins will bring them to the next Arisia!

bcnu
zee

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 9:15:55 AM4/13/05
>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:00:27 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
(in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more than
the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this one actually
has the codpiece. Gracious!

Jan

Apr 13, 2005, 9:20:07 AM4/13/05
In article <1113395930....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, Richard
Zitola says...

>This is the very first ebay auction I've ever seen that inspires you to
>think, simultaneously: "Oooh! I've GOTTA have that!" and "Oooh! I've
>GOTTA focus on something other than infinity!"

You must have missed all of my auctions. If it wasn't scanned, the picture
sucked.

Jan

Jan

Apr 13, 2005, 9:23:08 AM4/13/05
In article <0001HW.BE8293C9...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

>>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:00:27 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
>(in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>
>> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>> gonna melt on one of these.
>>
>> Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
>> four for now, more to follow.<<
>
>Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more than
>the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this one actually
>has the codpiece. Gracious!

Amy...I think you're drooling...<g> It really does look great, though. Both of
them.

Jan

Methuselah Jones

Apr 13, 2005, 9:46:12 AM4/13/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Wendy
of NJ of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:00:27 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>>gonna melt on one of these.
>>

> *cries*
>
> *pulls pockets out, lets moths escape*

Yeah, I feel your pain, Wendy. I can't even afford the Ghostbusters
storyboard.

--
Methuselah
All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.

Talmid Lahav

Apr 13, 2005, 10:23:10 AM4/13/05
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my homepage has suddently
turned to JMS's ebay profile hehehe ;)

--Talmid Lahav

abch...@valornet.com

Apr 13, 2005, 1:33:17 PM4/13/05
Joe, you're a cottage industry. Sure must be nice to have a gold mine
littering your house. I'll just have to live vicariously through those
who win the auctions; I trust they will post when they receive their
items. At least your auction spurred me to finally squirrel up the
bucks for a couple of cheap items (T-shirt and a pretty 8 x 10 of the
station on acetate for a blank spot on my office wall) that I found on
ebay by other sellers. *sigh* Would prefer any of your items, of
course, but I like having electricity at my little house......

Methuselah Jones

Apr 13, 2005, 1:39:50 PM4/13/05
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Amy
Guskin of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

>>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:00:27 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
> (in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>
>> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>> gonna melt on one of these.
>

> Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more
> than the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this
> one actually has the codpiece. Gracious!

Calm yourself, Amy -- I don't think it's actually removable.

--
Methuselah
"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 1:59:50 PM4/13/05
(in article <Xns96378AE507C1Ame...@216.196.97.131>):

> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Amy
> Guskin of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

>> (in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>>> gonna melt on one of these.
>>
>> Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more
>> than the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this
>> one actually has the codpiece. Gracious!
>
> Calm yourself, Amy -- I don't think it's actually removable.<<

Now, now - get your mind out of Down Below, Methuselah. It isn't about
what's _behind_ the codpiece: the codpiece is metaphor. The codpiece is
figurative. The codpiece is a symbol of, uh, um, or rather it counterpoints
the surrealism of the underlying metaphor. Just like Vogon poetry doesn't.
:-D

Oron Port

Apr 13, 2005, 2:07:58 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:31:53 +0000 (UTC), Jan <janmsc...@aol.com>
wrote:

>In article <vh1q511kavrkhmfvv...@4ax.com>, Wendy of NJ says...

OK, I'll guess....
<Closing eyes, and hovering hands over a glowing ball>

from your post I get your birthday is the April 26th.

So we have April which #4, getting close....
You're #1 in my book, so we're getting closer....
The 26 gives 6-2 which makes another #4...

I've got it! You're looking for script #414

Oron

Jan

Apr 13, 2005, 2:34:12 PM4/13/05
In article <aerq51p4ldhfud92m...@4ax.com>, Oron Port says...

Umm...your math is perfect...your guess is spot on (and consider yourself
smooched for the flattery) but I thought the auctions were ending the 20th. My
birthday's actually the 27th. See? Your psychic powers are even better than
you thought! ;-)

Jan

Craig Riekena

Apr 13, 2005, 3:14:52 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:00:27 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:

But your feedback rating is "0"!!!!

How can we trust you??!!

;-]

Craig

Craig Riekena

Apr 13, 2005, 3:29:42 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:00:27 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:

Wow Joe....and this is just the beginning!?

I'd encourage anyone buying to save the auction description page as
well, very nice background tid bits as a bonus.

Craig

Dan Brandow

Apr 13, 2005, 3:31:47 PM4/13/05
Craig Riekena wrote:

> But your feedback rating is "0"!!!!
>
> How can we trust you??!!
>
> ;-]

The tramping sound you hear is a small group of Narns coming to
"instruct" you on the trustworthiness of the Great Maker.

No, a helmet won't really help. :-)

Dan

Oron Port

Apr 13, 2005, 3:49:35 PM4/13/05

Hel, they'd encourage a helmet- so he could be conscious longer

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 5:54:09 PM4/13/05
I can't believe those dolls are at nearly $1300 US already. Too rich for my
blood! Whoever gets them, I sure hope they don't get sold to the person who
bought a bunch of costumes a year or so ago, cut them up into tiny, tiny
little pieces and pasted them on "costume cards." That was an absolute
travesty. :-O

Craig Riekena

Apr 13, 2005, 6:03:55 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:54:09 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>I can't believe those dolls are at nearly $1300 US already. Too rich for my
>blood! Whoever gets them, I sure hope they don't get sold to the person who
>bought a bunch of costumes a year or so ago, cut them up into tiny, tiny
>little pieces and pasted them on "costume cards." That was an absolute
>travesty. :-O
>
>Amy

Huh? What? Did they then sell them?

I too fear that these things will be snapped up by the
"collector/reseller" folks and no "trufan" will ever see them. $1300!
yow!

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 6:59:01 PM4/13/05
>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:03:55 -0400, Craig Riekena wrote
(in article <4m5r515la8m5b6p68...@4ax.com>):

Sure they sold 'em. That was the whole point. I think it was a Garibaldi
costume, an Ivanova costume, and worse yet, the shirt that G'Kar wears in the
palace on Centauri Prime in the scene where Cartagia whips him. You'll still
see them on eBay from time to time. I think they're called "costume cards,"
and just like the guy who sold the Beatles' sheets in one-inch squares, these
things come with a tiny piece of fabric on them, and a picture of the costume
that was ruined in connection with the making of the card. Fah!

And, don't be so sure no "trufan" has that kind of money. There are several
million millionaires in the US alone, and I'm thinking _some_ of them had to
make their money in tech, engineering, or IT...thus, geeks, and potential B5
fans.

Blair Leatherwood

Apr 13, 2005, 8:12:41 PM4/13/05
With any luck, Paul Allen might jump in there and rescue some of these
items for the museum (they already have a number of nice items on display)

Stuart Lamble

Apr 13, 2005, 8:13:22 PM4/13/05

For those too lazy to search eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719402723
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719406556
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719408984
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719410044

I'd love to buy, but I honestly can't afford the asking prices. :-(

--
JMS: I've always been a bit of a mutt, frankly, in part because I'm one
of those people who can see five sides to any two-sided argument.

Dave Hayslett

Apr 13, 2005, 8:16:34 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:59:50 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin wrote:

>>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:39:50 -0400, Methuselah Jones wrote
> (in article <Xns96378AE507C1Ame...@216.196.97.131>):
>
>> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Amy
>> Guskin of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

>>> (in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

>>> Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more
>>> than the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this
>>> one actually has the codpiece. Gracious!
>>
>> Calm yourself, Amy -- I don't think it's actually removable.<<
>
> Now, now - get your mind out of Down Below, Methuselah. It isn't about

"How far do your spots go?"

"All the way."

Metaphorically speaking, of course. ;-)

--
Dave (4/13/2005 8:15:42 PM)

I'm Dave Hayslett, and I approve this message.

Wendy of NJ

Apr 13, 2005, 8:30:17 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:33:17 +0000 (UTC), abch...@valornet.com
wrote:

You're assuming that the only people bidding are posters on this NG.
I'm sure we aren't the only ones on the lookout for B5 memorabilia.

Wendy of NJ

Apr 13, 2005, 8:35:51 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:00:27 +0000 (UTC), jms...@aol.com wrote:

>Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>gonna melt on one of these.
>

>Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
>four for now, more to follow.
>

>jms

By the way, the seller has *0* feedback.... are we sure we can trust
such a one?

<g, d, r>

-Wendy

Wesley Struebing

Apr 13, 2005, 8:55:35 PM4/13/05
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:15:55 +0000 (UTC), Amy Guskin
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:00:27 -0400, jms...@aol.com wrote
>(in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>
>> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>> gonna melt on one of these.
>>
>> Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
>> four for now, more to follow.<<
>
>Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more than
>the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this one actually
>has the codpiece. Gracious!
>
>Amy

Um, where are you seeing all this stuff? I saw Londo,a couple scripts
and a Ghostbusters storyboard...?
--

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat.
You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat."
- Albert Einstein

Wes Struebing (str...@carpedementem.org)

Dave Hayslett

Apr 13, 2005, 9:02:00 PM4/13/05
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:55:35 +0000 (UTC), Wesley Struebing wrote:

>>(in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>>> gonna melt on one of these.
>>>
>>> Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
>>> four for now, more to follow.<<
>>
>>Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more than
>>the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this one actually
>>has the codpiece. Gracious!
>>
>>Amy
>
> Um, where are you seeing all this stuff? I saw Londo,a couple scripts
> and a Ghostbusters storyboard...?

Keep scrolling on the Londo figure. G'Kar's hiding. :-)

--
Dave (4/13/2005 9:01:47 PM)

YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
YOUR LUCKY COLOR IS DEAD.

ChrisNolan.ca

Apr 13, 2005, 9:15:49 PM4/13/05
For those not completely familar with ebay, this link should get you
straight to Joe's auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZbabylon5auctions

Chris

pwt

Apr 13, 2005, 9:16:49 PM4/13/05
It's become painfully obvious that if you don't have the means to run
out and buy a brand new large screen TV just for the hell of it, you
aren't going to be buying any of this stuff, either.

Mac Breck

Apr 13, 2005, 9:17:12 PM4/13/05
"Stuart Lamble" <ba...@carousel.its.monash.edu.au> wrote in message

> On 2005-04-13, jms...@aol.com <jms...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
> > gonna melt on one of these.
> >
> > Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's
just
> > four for now, more to follow.
>
> For those too lazy to search eBay:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719402723
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719406556
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719408984
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4719410044

So, set this...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=babylon5auctions&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1

....as your Home Page.

;-)

> I'd love to buy, but I honestly can't afford the asking prices. :-(

Heh, you're not the only one.

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"Babylon 5: Crusade" (1999)
Galen: "There is always hope, only because it's the one thing that no
one has figured out how to kill yet."
(Galen's obviously never met Warner Brothers, TNT-Atlanta or Sci-Fi.)

"Brimstone" (1998)
The Devil: Nobody beats the Devil. Are you listening? Did you hear what
I said, Mr. Stone? Nobody beats the Devil.
Ezekiel Stone: So you keep telling me. <enjoying his Reggie Bar> Go to
Hell...<smiles and pushes the Down button on the elevator> ...please.

Captain Infinity

Apr 13, 2005, 9:17:40 PM4/13/05
The Time Has Come, jms...@aol.com said
To Talk Of Many Things...

>Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>gonna melt on one of these.
>
>Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
>four for now, more to follow.

I dunno...this dealer has zero for a feedback score. I'm wary about
buying from dealers who don't have positive feedback. Especially for
such high priced items.

**
Captain Infinity

Talmid Lahav

Apr 13, 2005, 9:18:21 PM4/13/05
Is there any way you could have a publisher make a reproduction of the
book of G'kar? I know I'd certainly pay to have a copy of it.

--Talmid Lahav

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 10:12:16 PM4/13/05
(in article <1lfr511klm5jckum5...@4ax.com>):

>> (in article <1113368387.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
>>> gonna melt on one of these.
>>>
>>> Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff. It's just
>>> four for now, more to follow.<<
>>
>> Wow. I mean, wow. Not only does it resemble Andreas quite a bit more than
>> the big G'Kar action figure that was sold some years ago...this one
>> actually
>> has the codpiece. Gracious!
>>
>> Amy
>
> Um, where are you seeing all this stuff? I saw Londo,a couple scripts
> and a Ghostbusters storyboard...?<<

Wes, you have to actually click on the auction and scroll down through the
description to see it all!

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 10:46:30 PM4/13/05
(in article <1113172798.5...@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>):

> Is there any way you could have a publisher make a reproduction of the
> book of G'kar? I know I'd certainly pay to have a copy of it.<<

Publisher? No, it has to be copied by hand, with every detail, line, and
figure reproduced exactly. Including Garibaldi's coffee cup stain.

Amy Guskin

Apr 13, 2005, 10:51:11 PM4/13/05
>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:18:21 -0400, Talmid Lahav wrote
(in article <1113172798.5...@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>):

> Is there any way you could have a publisher make a reproduction of the

> book of G'kar? I know I'd certainly pay to have a copy of it.<<

Publisher? No, it has to be copied by hand, with every detail, line, and

Stuart Lamble

Apr 14, 2005, 1:50:41 AM4/14/05
On 2005-04-14, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:18:21 -0400, Talmid Lahav wrote
> (in article <1113172798.5...@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>):
>
>> Is there any way you could have a publisher make a reproduction of the
>> book of G'kar? I know I'd certainly pay to have a copy of it.<<
>
> Publisher? No, it has to be copied by hand, with every detail, line, and
> figure reproduced exactly. Including Garibaldi's coffee cup stain.

Is there an echo in here? :D

LK

Apr 14, 2005, 7:36:57 AM4/14/05

He sounds _so_ enthusiastic, so happy to be offering things...

Almost like he's selling to people he knows.

LK

It is loading more messages.