Google Ryhmät ei enää tue uusia Usenet-postauksia tai ‐tilauksia. Aiempi sisältö on edelleen nähtävissä.

Attn JMS: Lyta="Leda" from Greek myth? [Secrets of the Soul(*SPOILERS*)]

3 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Steven M. Roussos

lukematon,
12.3.1998 klo 3.00.0012.3.1998
vastaanottaja

* Spoilers for episode Secrets of the Soul *

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

[NOTE: Repost under proper subject line w/ proper spoiler space]

Dear JMS:

Showing the rebroadcasts to a friend, after seeing "Divided Loyalties",
upon hearing the name "Lyta" he mentioned a figure in a Greek myth with
a similar name. I looked it up and found "Leda" (with a long 'e'...
giving a pronunciation only _this_ different from "Lyta").

Leda was a human female who was "ravished" by the God Zeus, who
had taken the form of a Swan. Leda later had children from the
resulting encounter.

After seeing "Secrets of the Soul" the completeness of the
parallel between Lyta and Leda struck me full force:

- Lyta = Leda
- Kosh = god-like figure (Zeus) who is disguised as
something he is not (Zeus->swan...Kosh->Angel)
- Both swans and angels are incredibly graceful and
beautiful creatures with wings
- Lyta/Leda seduced and enraptured by the projected
image's beauty
- Both were 'entered' by the creature (Leda was sexually
ravished, Lyta allowed Kosh to enter her body/mind...
the scene with Kosh-stuff flowing into/out-of Lyta's
eye's and mouth comes to mind), with some ambiguity
as to whether it was a rape, or a willing submittal,
as both Leda and Lyta drew power from the encounter.
- Both had offspring due to the encounter (the babies
in the Vorlon growth-tubes seen in "Secrets...")
- Leda was later deified as the goddess "Nemesis"...
Lyta was a true nemesis of the Shadows (she triggered
the self-destruction of Z'Ha'Dum) and was also the
nemesis of the Psi-Corps/Bester.

Just wondering if you had this in mind (you MUST have!),
and my awestruck kudos on the depth and profundity of
this Mythic parallel that played itself out over the
course of THREE years!

Wow!!!

...Steve

P.S. For a nice graphic of the Leda myth, see:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/Members/peter.baker/wavecrst/gallery/bigpix/cw/helen/leda.htm

--
Steven.Roussos*ANTISPAM*@sdrc.com

or