Alliance Address

SpeedBump the Gallant

Oct 11, 1993, 2:10:00 PM10/11/93
Late last year, I found an advertisement in the back of a Challenge magazine for
something called Alliance Address, which is an independent newsletter devoted to
Star Wars in general and the RPG in particular. I immediately send out my $5.00,
hoping for a revealing and interesting quarterly newsletter.

It's October now. I never did get it, because of numerous scheduling and
computer problems, but they have promised that the March issue will reach me by
the end of the month, and the next couple issues soon after until they finally
catch up. Their most recent update included a bunch of flyers which I will
reproduce, or at least summarize, here.

Alliance Address is produced by Planitia Publications, by Editor/Publisher
Edgar B. Schodde. It will be quarterly depending on submissions, which they are
in desperate need of. Their address is as follows:

Alliance Address
P.O.Box 10142, Pittsburgh Pa 15232-0142

Subscriptions are $3.00 US, $4.00 CAN, $5.00 FOR

Alliance Address includes:
Adventure Outlines and Scenarios
Character Templates and Dossiers
Gaming Tips, Accessories, and Product Reviews
Information on upcoming products

An earlier flyer I have also says the magazine will have non-gaming articles,
including updates on upcoming films (which Schodde calls "A New Force", Episode
I).

The writers guidelines state that five-ten page scenarios are readily accepted,
as are scenario outlines. All adventure submissions should have an episodic
breakdown along with backgrounds, encounters, major NPCs, maps, diagrams, etc.
as necessary. Also new templates, PCs, and NPCs are accepted with full stats,
backgrounds, etc. Information on upcoming items or events is appreciated.
Artwork should be done with a black marker.

The next two flyers I have are for two other Star Wars fan groups. The first is
the Force's Light fanzine, which accepts fan fiction and artwork. The fanzine
will be produced in three volumes. The first will cover the films, the second
will cover the five years between Return of the Jedi and Heir to the Empire,
and the third will cover the "Future". For more info, questions, comments,
etc. contact:
E.B. Schodde
c/o Force's Light Fanzine
P.O. Box 10142 Pittsburgh PA 15232-0142

The other is for the rather bizarrely-named F.O.E. (Forces Of the Empire), which
is an interactive role-playing club dedicated to Star Wars. Members create
personas which fit into various club divisions (the Imperial Forces, the Rebel
Alliance, the Diplomatic Embassy, the Free Spacers and Mercenary's Guild, the
Renegades, the Independant Galactic News Network, or the Imperial News Network).
Membership is $10.00 and includes a membership packet and four issues of the
'Bound by the Force' newsletter. Write to:
Pat Grant
Forces of the Empire
2371 North Aurelius Road
No. 12
Holt MI 48842

There you have it. I suppose any questions or information could be e-mailed to
me, but I may not be able to help since I just typed everything I knew about
them :) Permission was granted to copy and distribute the flyers, so I assumed
this stretched to the electronic medium as well. Hopefully my Alliance Address
will arrive soon so I can tell you all about it..

Ron Ostrander v088...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

"Well, if we took the bones out it wouldn't be _crunchy_
now, would it?"