SW fanzine list

Julie Lim

Dec 11, 1993, 6:05:33 PM12/11/93

I sent out a bunch of queries about SW fanzine info last
month, and thought other people might be interested in the info
that's starting to trickle back. The original list of names and
addressed was provided by Skip Shayatovich on the Fido SW Echo.

I'll be updating this list and reposting or archiving it as
more queries return. If the price lists seem too intrusive, I can
take them out, but anyone who wants the zines will have to find
these things out sooner or later. For the moment, where multiple
prices are listed in X/X/X notation, the first number is for in-
person purchase, the second is by domestic mail, and the third is
overseas. Single prices are for domestic mail. Unless otherwise
noted, the fanzines are collections of short creative works
(stories, poems, songs, puzzles) and art; "slash" = L/H gay
romance, not random carnage.

Standard nonaffiliative disclaimers-- I don't know these
people and haven't gotten my hands on the zines yet, so if you
get the zines and aren't happy with them, it's not my fault. If
you write them for more info, enclose an SASE.

The Corellian Archives: This is the zine jackpot. Kept by
the Santa Barbara Science Fiction Alliance, it lends copies out
in exchange for a security deposit and copying/postage fee. As of
March 1993, their circulation catalog contains 105 zine and
novella titles, some with multiple volumes available. One zine is
also listed in Swedish. While the Corellian Archives are mostly
SW material, they also have some zines for Dr. Who, Battlestar
Galactica, Indiana Jones, Lethal Weapon, Riptide, Simon & Simon,
Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford. For more information, contact Ms.
Ming Wathne, 437 Via Roma, Santa Barbara CA 93110. (You need a
legal-size SASE for this one.)

_Bright Center of the Universe_, M. Wathne ed.: #1, 169 pp,
$15/$17/?. #2, 160+ pp, ?/$17/$20. #3, 180 pp, $18/$20/$22. #1
has some slash. Overseas prices for surface mail.

Falcon Press, 457 Meadowhill Dr., Garland TX 75043: Several
zines based here. Address queries and checks to Cheree Cargill.

_A Tremor in the Force_: #6, nearly 400 pp, ?/$28/$35. #7,
300 pp., ?/$28/$35. #8 in production for summer '94.

_Southern Enclave_: Articles, reviews, clippings, bulletin
board, comment letters, and zine listings. Published quarterly,
each issue 60 pp reduced. $7/issue, $10 airmail to Europe, $11 to
Australia (surface? airmail?). Some back issues available @ $2.

_Choice Parts #1_: Harrison Ford characters (Han, Indy,
etc.). $10 domestic, $13 overseas. < 12 copies left.

_Field Studies #3_ (Indiana Jones) in production for Jan
'94. $15 domestic, $20 overseas air.

Back issues of the above are out of print but available
through the Corellian Archives.

_Anakin_, Ms. Z.P. Florian, 6214 Waterway, Falls Church VA
22044: Novella, 80 pp, $8. Nearly out of print; may become
available through Corellian Archives. Also available in Italian
(I lost the address and will try to find it again).

_Only Hope_: Luke-centered 'zine in production for Feb. '94.
Now accepting submissions; no Han-centered, slash, or crossover
stories. For more info contact Cheryl De Luca, 4181 Rockwood Rd.,
Mississauga Ont. L4W 1L6 Canada or Tammy Olsen, Hesser College, 3
Sundial Ave., Manchester NH 03103 USA.

Queries returned as unforwardable:
_Partisans_, W. Rathbone
_Imperium_, Pat Grunerwald*

Still waiting for info from:

_The Wookie Commode_, Mary Urhausen*
_Chronicles of the House of Alderaan_, Pisces Pig Ltd.
_Hibernation Sickness_, Lisa Thomas
_On a Clear Day You Can See Dagobah_, M. Fisher
_From a Certain Point of View_, C. Cooper
_Alliance and Empire_, K. Agel
_Another Sky_, M. Guttierrez

Asterisked entries are in the Corellian Archives lending
list. As I said, I'll update this list next month or so;
suggestions are welcome-- take out the prices? type in the
complete lending list and terms of the Corellian Archives? any
zines I haven't listed?

--
-------------- Julie Lim: l...@bobsbox.rent.com, l...@merck.com--------------
If I look like I give a damn, please tell me. I would hate to be giving the