Teletubbies and TAFF

Beth Friedman

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
So I was at MediaWestCon, see?

And MWC is a media convention, with an art show that has lots of media-based
artwork. And there, nestled in among the pictures of Frank and Ray and
Methos and Blair and Marcus, there was a watercolor by Barbara Fister-Liltz
of four adorable thingies with patches in the middle of their stomachs.

I'd never seen teletubbies before, but after all the discussion on rassef, I
recognized them immediately. In a fit of I know not what, I put down a
minimum bid, and ended up buying the picture.

So here I am, the not so much proud as abashed owner of a really nice
picture of the four teletubbies. And I was thinking that maybe this might
be an appropriate thing for a TAFF auction. Except that I have no idea what
to do now. And Bucky is starting in less than a week. And I've never
donated anything to TAFF before, so I don't know what the usual procedure
is. And I don't know if anyone wants the picture, but I hope someone does,
because, well, it's awfully cute.

So, what now?

Ulrika? Help?

--
Beth Friedman
be...@comtrol.com

(If this message looks familiar, it's because I did this once already and
the computer crashed in the process of sending the message out, so I had to
reconstruct it as best I could. The first version was better.)

Maureen Kincaid Speller

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:03:41 GMT, "Beth Friedman" <b...@wavefront.com>
wrote:

>And MWC is a media convention, with an art show that has lots of media-based
>artwork. And there, nestled in among the pictures of Frank and Ray and
>Methos and Blair and Marcus, there was a watercolor by Barbara Fister-Liltz
>of four adorable thingies with patches in the middle of their stomachs.
>
>I'd never seen teletubbies before, but after all the discussion on rassef, I
>recognized them immediately. In a fit of I know not what, I put down a
>minimum bid, and ended up buying the picture.
>
>So here I am, the not so much proud as abashed owner of a really nice
>picture of the four teletubbies. And I was thinking that maybe this might
>be an appropriate thing for a TAFF auction.

Is there enough interested in the Teletubbies Stateside to make it
worth my going back to the shop wher I saw small beanbag Teletubbies
today and getting some?

Anyone?

Maureen

Maureen Kincaid Speller
Folkestone, UK

m...@acnestis.demon.co.uk & http://www.acnestis.demon.co.uk/

Gary Farber

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
In <3630e59f....@news.demon.co.uk> Maureen Kincaid Speller
<m...@acnestis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
[. . .]

: Is there enough interested in the Teletubbies Stateside to make it

: worth my going back to the shop wher I saw small beanbag Teletubbies
: today and getting some?

: Anyone?

I think not. This would have been a fine offer a year ago, and it's still
appreciated, of course, but since the program has been broadcast here for
many months now, and we're quite innundated, as a culture, with their tat
and kipple for sale, any import would be entirely superflous, I think.

--
Copyright 1998 by Gary Farber; Web Researcher; Nonfiction Writer,
Fiction and Nonfiction Editor; gfa...@panix.com; B'klyn, NYC, US