Senryu Sid/gunfight, rap corral--/(mini-contest)

Greg Jungheim

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

gunfight, rap corral--
they come, they draw, they shoot mouth
then go rap boot hill*

--Senryu Sid
Chicago
May 17, 1988

$2 bux prize to most complete list.
Deadline, Mon, May 18, 1988, 12 midnight.

m.lee

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

Greg Jungheim (gjunghei@*nospam*enteract.com) wrote:

Do not forsake me
O my darling ISP
I die a coward

Apologies to Frankie Laine and High Noon

ml

Greg Jungheim

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

> ml

Believe it or not, Frankie Laine and I share the
same high school, St. Michael's Central High School
on Hudson Avenue, Old Town, Chicago (now pricey
condo's). Frankie was quite a few years ahead of me.
St. Michael's was where the Germans sent their kids
for further punishment. I got kicked out after two years for

hitting back.
Don't be a wussette, ml. Cough up that list. You know who's
on it.

---Greg

m.lee

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

Greg Jungheim (gjunghei@*nospam*enteract.com) wrote:
| On Mon, 18 May 1998 00:05:56 GMT, mika...@netcom.com (m.lee) wrote:

| >Greg Jungheim (gjunghei@*nospam*enteract.com) wrote:
| >
| >| gunfight, rap corral--
| >| they come, they draw, they shoot mouth
| >| then go rap boot hill*
| >
| >| --Senryu Sid
| >| Chicago
| >| May 17, 1988
| >
| >| $2 bux prize to most complete list.
| >| Deadline, Mon, May 18, 1988, 12 midnight.
| >

| > Do not forsake me
| > O my darling ISP

| > I died a coward <--- editorial change

| > Apologies to Frankie Laine and High Noon

| > ml

| Believe it or not, Frankie Laine and I share the
| same high school, St. Michael's Central High School
| on Hudson Avenue, Old Town, Chicago (now pricey
| condo's). Frankie was quite a few years ahead of me.
| St. Michael's was where the Germans sent their kids
| for further punishment. I got kicked out after two years for
| hitting back.

I'd say you're ahead of him now, Greg, but can I have your
autograph anyway?

| Don't be a wussette, ml. Cough up that list. You know who's
| on it.

heavens to betsy, Greg ... all I'd have to do is dejanews rap
for variations on the theme "I'm leaving rap" ... besides my
killfile is so big (bigger than my addressbook) I'm not sure
who's still here unless they get quoted

Didn't Joe Green change his name to Giuseppe Verdi and make
it big in Italy?

I was just wondering after "Great Egret" what became of
Phil Havey (posted from Margaret) who did the great bird
poems

And wherever did I file that copy of "Low Noon"?

| ---Greg

ml(a wussette ... sounds like a small sausage, mit Senf)

Greg Jungheim

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

On 18 May 1998 10:05:13 -0700, bear_d...@hotmail.com (Dancing Bear)
wrote:

>In article <355f5da2...@news.enteract.com>, gjunghei@*nospam*enteract.com
>says...

>> gunfight, rap corral--
>> they come, they draw, they shoot mouth
>> then go rap boot hill*
>>
>> --Senryu Sid
>> Chicago
>> May 17, 1988
>>
>> $2 bux prize to most complete list.
>> Deadline, Mon, May 18, 1988, 12 midnight.
>

>It's an interesting idea, Greg. But as M.Lee pointed out,
>all you gots to do is dejanews to find every diva that threw
>their hands up (dramatically, of course) and pronounced their
>departure. As I recall, a few got tomatoes thrown at them
>before they could stride (dramatically) off the stage. Hell,
>I probably threw a few maself. ;) Nothin' like a good SPLAT
>when someone's takin' themselves far too seriously.
>
>-Bear
>(now, Tombstones of the current players sounds like fun contest!)

Hey, I agree, consider this contest closed and the new Rappers
Epitaphs open. Contest ends midnight, Friday, May, 22, 1988. See new
header below.

>------------------
>Spam free Usenet news http://www.newsguy.com

Dancing Bear

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

In article <35609312...@news.enteract.com>, gjunghei@*nospam*enteract.com
says...

>On 18 May 1998 10:05:13 -0700, bear_d...@hotmail.com (Dancing Bear)
>wrote:
>
>>-Bear
>>(now, Tombstones of the current players sounds like fun contest!)
>
>Hey, I agree, consider this contest closed and the new Rappers
>Epitaphs open. Contest ends midnight, Friday, May, 22, 1988. See new
^^^^

You do mean 1998, right. I could look it up, but I'll bet May 22, 1988
was not a Friday. ;)

-Bear

PERRY SAMS

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

In a previous article, bear_d...@hotmail.com (Dancing Bear) says:

>In article <355f5da2...@news.enteract.com>, gjunghei@*nospam*enteract.com
>says...
>>

>> gunfight, rap corral--
>> they come, they draw, they shoot mouth
>> then go rap boot hill*
>>
>> --Senryu Sid
>> Chicago
>> May 17, 1988
>>
>> $2 bux prize to most complete list.
>> Deadline, Mon, May 18, 1988, 12 midnight.
>

>It's an interesting idea, Greg. But as M.Lee pointed out,
>all you gots to do is dejanews to find every diva that threw
>their hands up (dramatically, of course) and pronounced their
>departure. As I recall, a few got tomatoes thrown at them
>before they could stride (dramatically) off the stage. Hell,
>I probably threw a few maself. ;) Nothin' like a good SPLAT
>when someone's takin' themselves far too seriously.
>

>-Bear
>(now, Tombstones of the current players sounds like fun contest!)

Tombstone, I bin there, podner. Nice little town ifn'
you dinna mind Val Kilmer coughin on ya.
Oh yea, but seriously, I only "joined" rap when I took
off my super-serious mask and realized: This group could
make poetry exciting, playful and "fun" for me again.

RAP:
I still think of it as some ultimate Writer's bar, ala
Greenwich Village places or The Place where Jack Spicer
and a buncha serious SF poets used to come to unwind,
but in a zen fun way. And love it's international
flavor, it's West Coast and oriental leanings (simplify,
simplify), & as Rexroth is quoted: SF the only city
in the US not founded by Puritans but by gamblers,
conmen, whores, adventurers, etc. Rexroth is usually
so right I gab with him mentally, and tell him:U Left
out Phoenix and LA, formed by dreamers, miners,
the left-out and drifters, then shaped by Growth vision
and Red Carpet signs, but we still got outriders and
huge undergrown Native reservations close, a small
but growing grassroots artscene, and hayell, "taking
a piss" by the Puritans is half the fun of living
here. The shadow side is the Mormonization of America
that takes place as the right wing co-opts the New Age
health movement and limits smoking, raises drinking
ages, and Fife the Knife (X-AZ gov.) arbitrarily
throws out the medical marijuana referendum that
passed easy in this state, November '96. Yeah,
take away my rights today and it's your "rights"
tomorrow is all I gotta say to that bullshit.
Plus, you add teenage curfews (not in the suburbs,
you understand, but in the inner city, so that West
Side story couldn't happen today, Tony and Maria
would be in detention instead, going like: Mom's
gonna kill me) and the drug crackdown and the
obvious corruption/lobbyist meltdown/selling
of image, not issues in politics and I think it's
no wonder that most young college-age students today
look at us yuppiized elders and wanna ...spit ..
or turn Green or anarchist-pacifist.

So, jist some oldtimey wobbly opinions here but
remember that the favorite and most effective tactic
of the powerelite is to divide the working class
and conquer, and keep us just arguing amongst
ourselves: Abortion, yea or neh, more jails,
yeh or neh, Too much govt, of course there is:
When the rich are playing by the Golden Rule:
them that has the gold makes the rules. this is
what disgusts me most about non-voters, whatever
their "valid" reasons for being disgusted with
the politics in their sight.

Just a couple pesos worth, Sir Real, Sams.