Lassie's sex

Yvan Defoy

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?

Ellen B. Edgerton

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
In article <D8EuG...@freenet.carleton.ca> ah...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Yvan Defoy) writes:
>What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?

Female. But the films/TV shows always used a male collie, because they
looked more impressive on film (fuller coat, etc) than females.

bl...@gpx01.d39.lilly.com

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
In article <D8EuG...@freenet.carleton.ca>, ah...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Yvan Defoy) writes:
> What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?

According to the plots, female. "Come here girl! Good girl!"
However, the canine actors that played the role were always male.

Bruce Daniel Haag

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
In article <D8EuG...@freenet.carleton.ca>, ah...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Yvan Defoy) writes:
|> What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?

Lassie was a bitch (female dog), but all the dogs that have played her in the movies were male.

Bruce D Haag *** homepage http://www.rpi.edu/~haagb/ ***

<"Listen, do you smell something?">
< -Dan Ackroyd as Ray Stanz>
< "Ghostbusters" >

Yvan Defoy

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95

In a previous posting, Ellen B. Edgerton (ebed...@kong.syr.edu) writes:
>>What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?
>
> Female. But the films/TV shows always used a male collie, because they
> looked more impressive on film (fuller coat, etc) than females.

Maybe Miramax could make a new PG-13 Lassie movie called The barking game ?
Sorry you answered aren't you ?

Robert Dennys

May 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/12/95
ah...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Yvan Defoy) writes:

>What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?

Obv..
Ooops. almost got trolled. Geez doesn't anyone have anything
better to do?

--
> Robert Dennys, Psychology Department, University of Queensland, Australia <
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves,
for they shall never cease to be amused. -- Shirley MacLaine

dras...@muvms6.wvnet.edu

May 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/12/95
In article <D8EuG...@freenet.carleton.ca>, ah...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Yvan Defoy) writes:
> What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?
>
>>A bitch, of course, but Leonardo deCaprio was on Letterman a few weeks
>>ago and said when he was on the TV show, they had a difficult time
>>hiding the dog's balls when she/he rolled over to have puppies.
>>
>>I seem to remember that most of the dogs used in the movies and older TV
>>shows were mailes also.
>>
>>Jenny

Richard Dennis Ferreria

May 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/15/95
Jeremy Perkins (j...@aber.ac.uk) wrote:
: If it happens to "most actors and actresses" (separate
: thread) then gossip about other top Hollywood performers
: is bound to start. The dog looks pretty butch to me,
: anyway.

: J.

Ya know, I've seen more than one canine homosexual act. . . .

If Lassie were to get of on a human's leg, would that be bestiality(on Lassie's side)?
If so, I've seen more than one bestial dog.

My GOD(DOG) what a sick species!!
we let are children watch and mold themselves to these disgusting creatures!!!

--
Pic DIK
d...@pic.ucla.edu

Jeremy Perkins

May 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/15/95

Jim Higdon

May 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/16/95
ah...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Yvan Defoy) wrote:
>What sex was Lassie supposed to be ?

Lassie is SUPPOSED to be a female, hence "Lassie". However, most or all of the dogs
(there are 15, I think: some for close-ups, some for facial expressions, some for
certain tricks, some for other reasons) are male.

hope this helps

jim

dtk

May 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/19/95
Reminds me of the Trivial Pursuit question

Who played the dog on "Lassie" ?

answer: June Lockhart