Technique Question???Please help???

No1U2Fan

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
This is done in the matrix and I want to know how it's done. It looks like a
freeze frame, but then the camera moves and the objects are all in three
dimensions. I've seen this a whole lot, especially in TV commercials.

I know that this is probably digital, but am just very curious.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Keiser

STEADI RIC

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99

It's called "DeadTime" and their are two ways of doing it, one is digital using
two motion picture cameras and interpolating the in-between frames and angles.
That was the way that the GAP "Jump'n'Jive" spot.

In "The Matrix" they use an array of Cannon Eos Camera's computer triggered and
shot with a green screen (Although IF you could hide the cameras you could do
it with out the green screen) then composited togther and printed.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.
Steadicam/"A" Camera Operator