Japanese launch campaign to marry comic book characters

Skip to the first unread message

dump...@hotmail.com

30 Oct 2008, 16:05:2130/10/2008

Derek Janssen

30 Oct 2008, 16:40:4330/10/2008

Dave Watson

30 Oct 2008, 17:01:0830/10/2008
On Oct 30, 4:40 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > See:
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese...

> ...But what about the blood tests?

Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
it?

Watson
Self-surrogate doesn't count.

Galen

30 Oct 2008, 17:14:5430/10/2008

So long as I get to claim my virtual waifu and our 30 virtual
children as tax deductions, I don't really care if I can't touch
her.

-Galen

Travers Naran

30 Oct 2008, 17:25:0330/10/2008
On Oct 30, 2:01 pm, Dave Watson <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 4:40 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > > See:
> > >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese...
>
> > ...But what about the blood tests?
>
> Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
> it?

If you have to ask... ;-)

Derek Janssen

30 Oct 2008, 17:30:5030/10/2008
Galen wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:01:08 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson
> <dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>...But what about the blood tests?
>>
>>Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
>>it?
>

> So long as I get to claim my virtual waifu and our 30 virtual
> children as tax deductions, I don't really care if I can't touch
> her.

...But what if you virtually engage to Ryoko, and Ayeka objects?

Derek Janssen (and let's not even get into any whole
Ukyo-Shampoo-Kodachi messes)
eja...@verizon.net

Dave Watson

30 Oct 2008, 19:07:2430/10/2008
> ejan...@verizon.net-

And how about several men all wanting to marry the same character?
Wouldn't that count as bigamy?

Watson
Who might have to fight off a few other twunts chasing after Video
Girl Ai Amano.

Aje RavenStar

30 Oct 2008, 19:09:4530/10/2008

"Derek Janssen" <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message

Use a tissue to block it till it stops like the rest of the characters.
It's a small price to pay to prove to your 2-D intended there is real
passion involved, right?

Aje RavenStar

30 Oct 2008, 19:13:1230/10/2008

> Galen wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:01:08 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson
>> <dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
>>>it?
>>
>> So long as I get to claim my virtual waifu and our 30 virtual children as
>> tax deductions, I don't really care if I can't touch
>> her.
>
> ...But what if you virtually engage to Ryoko, and Ayeka objects?

Why would Ayeka object to Ryoko being taken out of the equation? It's Washu
and Mihoshi who better watch out - they're next....

Aje RavenStar

30 Oct 2008, 19:13:4030/10/2008

"Dave Watson" <dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Aje RavenStar

30 Oct 2008, 19:14:1330/10/2008

"Dave Watson" <dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It's one way to balance the karma from all those years of harem stories.....

darkst...@gmail.com

30 Oct 2008, 20:13:1230/10/2008

Good grief... Could you just see conventions under that... erm...
convention if that ever became plausible??

Can you imagine how many people would be married to Tamaki Suou -- and
how poor Vic would react?

Mike (And they say _WE_ have no lives...)

Phillip Thorne

30 Oct 2008, 20:54:3630/10/2008
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, dump...@hotmail.com apprised us of Japan's
latest wackiness:
><http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese-launch-campaign-to-marry-comic-book-characters.html>

And once again, "The Simpsons" predicts the future! Per the episode
in which Homer becomes a minister ("Hey, a picture of a moose wants my
credit card number. That seems reasonable,") to get on the gravy-train
that is legalized same-sex marriages, and goes on to marry anyone to
anything.

>>Among them, one supporter wrote: "For a long time I have only
>>been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and
>>currently I have someone I really love.

But does she love you back? And how could she? Would you have to
convince the manga-ka to write you into the plot, rather like asking a
woman's father for her hand in marriage? And is a bride-price
involved, or a dowry?

>>"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone."

The poor deluded chap's obviously been reading the wrong romance
stories, or he'd realize that real love is a two-way street. Otherwise
it's just obsession. OBSESSION! (shakes drum of perfume)

Does Japan have an equivalent to Jerry Springer? Because after this
happens, the place is gonna need one. ("I have a confession to make.
I'm not a woman, I'm a man. In fact, I'm not a man, I'm a horse.
Actually, I'm a broom.")

--
** Phillip Thorne ** peth...@comcast.net **************
* RPI CompSci 1998 *

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

30 Oct 2008, 23:17:0530/10/2008
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:54pm-0400, Phillip Thorne <peth...@comcast.net>:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, dump...@hotmail.com apprised us of Japan's
> latest wackiness:
> ><http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese-launch-campaign-to-marry-comic-book-characters.html>
>
> And once again, "The Simpsons" predicts the future! Per the episode
> in which Homer becomes a minister ("Hey, a picture of a moose wants my
> credit card number. That seems reasonable,") to get on the gravy-train
> that is legalized same-sex marriages, and goes on to marry anyone to
> anything.

This is the next step to the future:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-button/2008-10-29

Cyber Maid Alice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCCx7zANsGE

Laters. =)

Stan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Antonio E. Gonzalez

30 Oct 2008, 23:38:3130/10/2008

Technically, *poly*gamy . . .

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Antonio E. Gonzalez

30 Oct 2008, 23:40:3930/10/2008
<dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 30, 4:40 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>> dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> > See:
>>
>> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese...
>>
>> ...But what about the blood tests?
>
>Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
>it?

Sticky pages, 'nuff said; watch out for paper cuts, though!

Antonio E. Gonzalez

30 Oct 2008, 23:53:2530/10/2008
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:54:36 -0400, Phillip Thorne
<peth...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, dump...@hotmail.com apprised us of Japan's
>latest wackiness:
>><http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese-launch-campaign-to-marry-comic-book-characters.html>
>
>And once again, "The Simpsons" predicts the future! Per the episode
>in which Homer becomes a minister ("Hey, a picture of a moose wants my
>credit card number. That seems reasonable,") to get on the gravy-train
>that is legalized same-sex marriages, and goes on to marry anyone to
>anything.

Not really, I think same-sex marriage is yet to be legit in Japan;
yet another reason George Takei is glad to be a Californian!

I remember a man marrying a snake in India was suppossed to be
proof of what gay marriage would lead to; those who thought this
apparently failed to notice that not only gay marriage, but
homosexuality *itself* is still illegal in India! The man-on-snake
action had more to do with Hinduism's view of reincarnation, and the
man's belief his dead wife had come back as that snake.

>>>Among them, one supporter wrote: "For a long time I have only
>>>been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and
>>>currently I have someone I really love.
>
>But does she love you back? And how could she? Would you have to
>convince the manga-ka to write you into the plot, rather like asking a
>woman's father for her hand in marriage? And is a bride-price
>involved, or a dowry?

I'm thinking this'll be more along the lines of virtual online
marriages, like the countless ones I saw on The Sims Online (RIP) . .
.

Say, anyone know if Arnold Kim and Fisheye no Miko are still
married?

>>>"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone."
>
>The poor deluded chap's obviously been reading the wrong romance
>stories, or he'd realize that real love is a two-way street. Otherwise
>it's just obsession. OBSESSION! (shakes drum of perfume)
>
>Does Japan have an equivalent to Jerry Springer? Because after this
>happens, the place is gonna need one. ("I have a confession to make.
>I'm not a woman, I'm a man. In fact, I'm not a man, I'm a horse.
>Actually, I'm a broom.")

Oooh, the legend!:

<http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=166>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fenilo4WN7E>

AstroNerdBoy

31 Oct 2008, 00:28:4631/10/2008
On Oct 30, 3:01 pm, Dave Watson <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 4:40 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > > See:
>
> > >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3283463/Japanese...
>
> > ...But what about the blood tests?
>
> Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
> it?

I'm sure there's a dakimakura that can handle the load. *_* If you
are rich, well I'm sure you get get a custom-made, fully functional,
life-sized doll.

-ANB

--
AstroNerdBoy's Anime & Manga Blog
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com

AstroNerdBoy

31 Oct 2008, 01:41:3731/10/2008
On Oct 30, 3:30 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> Galen wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:01:08 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson
> > <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>Never mind those; how the bloody hell are you supposed to consummate
> >>it?
>
> > So long as I get to claim my virtual waifu and our 30 virtual
> > children as tax deductions, I don't really care if I can't touch
> > her.
>
> ...But what if you virtually engage to Ryoko, and Ayeka objects?

Actually in this case, Aeka, Sasami, Washu, Ryo-ohki, Mihoshi, and
Noike object, so you marry them all. ^_~

-ANB

--
AstroNerdBoy's Anime and Manga Blog
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com

Dave Watson

31 Oct 2008, 01:56:4331/10/2008
On Oct 30, 11:38 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:07:24 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson
> <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >And how about several men all wanting to marry the same character?
> >Wouldn't that count as bigamy?
>
>     Technically, *poly*gamy . . .

The word I meant to use. Thank you.

Watson
Who could never take part in a reverse-harem because he'd go homicidal
after hearing MIAKA!!" "TAMAHOME!!!" ad nauseum.

Rob Kelk

31 Oct 2008, 08:44:3231/10/2008
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:53:25 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez
<AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

<snip>

Or <http://www.doki.ca/videos/>...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

paranormalized

31 Oct 2008, 09:58:3231/10/2008
On Oct 30, 10:38 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:07:24 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson

paranormalized

31 Oct 2008, 10:01:0931/10/2008
On Oct 30, 10:38 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:07:24 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson
>

> <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> ...But what if you virtually engage to Ryoko, and Ayeka objects?
>
> >> Derek Janssen (and let's not even get into any whole
> >> Ukyo-Shampoo-Kodachi messes)
> >> ejan...@verizon.net-
>
> >And how about several men all wanting to marry the same character?
> >Wouldn't that count as bigamy?
>
>     Technically, *poly*gamy . . .

Nope. Technically, Poly*andry*.

Unless they're trying to marry Char Aznable, or something similarly
bizarre.

Jonathan Fisher
apologizing for the empty post- weblag, google groups, and my own
stupidity...

sanjian

31 Oct 2008, 12:44:0731/10/2008

On Oct 30, 11:38 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:07:24 -0700 (PDT), Dave Watson
> <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >And how about several men all wanting to marry the same character?
> >Wouldn't that count as bigamy?
>
> Technically, *poly*gamy . . .

The word I meant to use. Thank you.

Or, for video game girls, polygony.

Dave Watson

31 Oct 2008, 14:52:1931/10/2008
On Oct 31, 10:01 am, paranormalized <paranormali...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> >     Technically, *poly*gamy . . .
>
> Nope.  Technically, Poly*andry*.
>
> Unless they're trying to marry Char Aznable, or something similarly
> bizarre.

Okay, corrected again. If I wasn't trying to watch the consumption a
bit, I'd make sure to coffee up before I bloody post.

Watson
Who'd probably get a whackload of that sort of terminology if somebody
decided to describe the relationships in H manga by hyji and
Hindenburg.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

31 Oct 2008, 15:56:0931/10/2008

Ok, getting ultra-technical:

Polyandry: One woman, many husbands.
Polygyny: One Man, many wives.
Polygamy: Covers both previous terms.

So, ultra-technically, we're both right . . .

>Jonathan Fisher
>apologizing for the empty post- weblag, google groups, and my own
>stupidity...

It happens . . .

--
- ReFlex 76