Iceberg NA

Paul R. McNamee

Jan 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/1/97

Hello! :)

I am not new to 'DrWho', but I am fairly new to the NAs and
this newsgroup.

Anyway, I just finished reading "Iceberg" by David Banks. I just
felt like jotting down my thoughts and hearing any others if anyone's
interested.

Overall, I liked it. It was a bit grim, but not heavily so.

I wish we saw more of the Doctor, but I thought Ruby was a well
defined character.

The descriptions of the Cybermen "conversion" process reminded
me _alot_ of 'Star Trek: First Contact'!

I liked the tying in of the Cybermen history, (though 'Silver Nemesis'
was noticably absent). It was a nice throwback that _these_ Cybermen
weren't affected by gold. (I could understand Cybermen being affected
by gold dust in their ventilation units - but I could never understand
why by the time 'S.N.' came around, a simply gold arrowhead penetrating
them had an effect. I have visions of the 8th Doctor waving a gold
wand at a group of Cybermen and watching them explode ...)

I do have a question. It seemed the Doctor undertook the journey
to "regain his moral center". Can anyone figure out if he did
by the end of the story? There _were_ very few deaths, so there
wasn't a large sacrifice of "the few for the many". But I don't
know that is was the Doctor's doing. It seems the story ends from
Ruby's P.O.V. -- We dont' really hear the Doctor's thoughts as
the story closes.

Thanks for reading my rambles.

-- Paul R McNamee

lorig...@aol.com

Jan 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/2/97

WARM GALLIFREYAN NIGHTS zine progress report
(revised from the post on adwc)

Submissions have been coming in steadily and the
editors at HAWL Press are busy putting together
a very (we hope) enjoyable zine. So far, we've got
stories about the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Doctors.
Leela, Romana, Sarah, The Master, Tegan, Turlough,
Adric, K-9, Q, Spock, Madame Curie, and a host of other
guest stars also make an appearance. There's madness,
mayhem, laughs,lust, gaffs, tears,and bodily abuse
of every sort. Something for everyone.

And as you can read above, there WILL be a first
Doctor story !! There are some very clever and
imaginative fanfic writers out there. Of course,
we are still accepting submissions for any of the Doctors
or companions. Submission guidelines are at:
http://www2.rpa.net/~storybox/wgn.html
(The deadline has been changed to the end of March.)

The fabulous color cover is *almost* finished. We
still have to throw a few Timelords and companions into
the scenery. You can preview the unfinished cover at:
http://members.aol.com/lorigrenci/wgn.html

Ye Olde Obligatory Disclaimer:
"Warm Gallifreyan Nights" is a non-commercial,
non-profit, collection of fan-written fiction.
No infringement of copyright is intended. All
money collected is intended solely for printing
and shipping expenses.

Ye Olde Obligatory Advisory:
"Warm Gallifreyan Nights" contains scenes with
explicit sex, graphic violence, nauseating sentimentality,
bad jokes, and wild imagination. You must be at least
18 years old to submit stories or purchase this zine.
Age statement required when ordering.

-Lori-
fanfic: http://members.aol.com/lorigrenci/lorigren.html
fanzine: http://www2.rpa.net/~storybox/hawl.html
WARM GALLIFREYAN NIGHTS -- a new adult Doctor Who zine.

DScottDoty

Jan 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/2/97

Paul McNamee wrote:

>I do have a question. It seemed the Doctor undertook the journey
>to "regain his moral center". Can anyone figure out if he did
>by the end of the story? There _were_ very few deaths, so there
>wasn't a large sacrifice of "the few for the many". But I don't
>know that is was the Doctor's doing. It seems the story ends from
>Ruby's P.O.V. -- We dont' really hear the Doctor's thoughts as
>the story closes.

I doubt it: this novel was leading in (was it the direct lead-in?)
to the five-volume subseries that resolved this very question.

Dave Doty
"Is it cheating if you tell me if I grew up to be pretty?"
"You. . . you grew up beautiful, Kara!"
Alan Moore, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Steel?"

Dennis McLaughlin

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, lorig...@aol.com led us
all to believe:

[snip]

>So far, we've got stories about the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Doctors.

The *first* Doctor!?!

"One day I shall come."

Oh, ick...

Perhaps you could toss in a racy tome about my deceased grandmother
too...
;>
[Exit pursued by a bear]
Dennis McLaughlin
den...@anet-chi.com

lorig...@aol.com

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

In article <32cc54fb...@news.anet-chi.com>, Dennis McLaughlin
<den...@anet-chi.com> writes:

>>So far, we've got stories about the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th
>Doctors.
>
>The *first* Doctor!?!
>
>"One day I shall come."
>
>Oh, ick...
>
>Perhaps you could toss in a racy tome about my deceased grandmother
>too...
>;>
> [Exit pursued by a bear]

Yes, Dennis - RUN ! RUN VERY FAST ! The bear and Lori are
both coming after you. <g> Shame on you ! Billdoc is very cute in his
own curmudgeon way. Don't you think old people deserve to have
any fun? There is a fabulous tradition of sassy "elders" in Doctor Who.
(And your granny might have been a wild woman, for all
we know.) Anyway, read the story and I bet you'll change your mind.
It's very well written - and interesting - about Billdoc and Madame Curie.

-Lori-
fanfic: http://members.aol.com/lorigrenci/lorigren.html

fanzine: http://www.ling.rochester.edu/~sides/hawlpress/hawl.html

Luke Gutzwiller

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

Just throwing my two cents' worth in...

lorig...@aol.com wrote:
(snip)

>Don't you think old people deserve to have
> any fun?

No.

Just...no.

Ick.

No. Not unless we're talking bridge or shuffleboard. Maybe dominoes.

Definitely not.
Luke Gutzwiller
e-mail: luc...@probe.net
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/3612

"Wasn't it St. Francis of Assisi himself who said,
'Never give a sucker an even break'?"
-Arnold J. Rimmer

Elsa Frohman

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

On Fri, 03 Jan 1997 20:24:53 -0600, Luke Gutzwiller
<luc...@probe.net> wrote:

>Just throwing my two cents' worth in...
>
>lorig...@aol.com wrote:
>(snip)
>>Don't you think old people deserve to have
>> any fun?
>
>No.
>
>Just...no.
>
>Ick.
>
>No. Not unless we're talking bridge or shuffleboard. Maybe dominoes.
>
>Definitely not.
>--

Hmmm... obviously an age-ist. You're gonna be old someday too, Luke.
You may be surprised at what you can still do.

Elsa Frohman

LoriGrenci

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

>Just throwing my two cents' worth in...
>lorig...@aol.com wrote:
>(snip)
>>Don't you think old people deserve to have
> any fun?
>No.
>Just...no.
>Ick.
>No. Not unless we're talking bridge or shuffleboard. Maybe dominoes.
>Definitely not.
>Luke Gutzwiller

I think I'll arrange to have this note sent to you 50 years from now.
You may think differently. I can't believe what I'm reading in this
newsgroup -- forget racism - this is just as bad. "Logan's Run" - let's
just shoot all the *old* people and put them out of their misery, shall
we?
GOOD GRIEF ! The only thing "icky" about this is your attitude about
getting older.

Luke Gutzwiller

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

LoriGrenci wrote:
(snip)

> GOOD GRIEF ! The only thing "icky" about this is your attitude about
> getting older.

I can't help it. It's the way I was raised. Every old person I've
known has been of the traditional "nice" type with about the same libido
as a can of spam! Thanks to them, I now find it impossible to link old
people and sex in any way, shape, or form. In 50 years, I'll probably
have figured out how to deal with it. In the mean time, I'm sorry. Can
you seriously (I mean really) think about your grandparents, for
example, having sex? I'm still sorry, but it just can't be done.

I have no problems with race, religion, gender, lifestyle, or even old
people in general. If this elderly person/sex thing is my one
shortcoming, then I'm doing pretty darn well.

Lise Mendel

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

Brigadier Nathan Rogers <jlro...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jan 1997 02:55:41 GMT, Dennis McLaughlin
> <den...@anet-chi.com> appeared to post:

> >The *first* Doctor!?!
> >"One day I shall come."
> >Oh, ick...
>

> Well it *COULD* be worse you know (like it could be the second Doctor
> and Mel). Anyways, the first Doctor was never always that old...it
> could be a younger First Doctor.
> <snip>

After all, he always _claimed_ that Susan was his granddaughter - she
had to have come from somewhere...

--
Lise Mendel a.k.a. Mommy or Momma
http://www.access.digex.net/~catalyst/ cata...@access.digex.net

R.J. Smith

Jan 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/5/97

In article <32CEF9...@probe.net>,

Luke Gutzwiller <luc...@probe.net> wrote:
>LoriGrenci wrote:
(snip)
>> GOOD GRIEF ! The only thing "icky" about this is your attitude about
>> getting older.

>I can't help it. It's the way I was raised. Every old person I've
>known has been of the traditional "nice" type with about the same libido
>as a can of spam!

But Luke, that's just what they *want* you to think! :-)

- Robert Smith?
some guy whose grandfather has a girlfriend younger than his daughter

Brigadier Nathan Rogers

Jan 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/5/97

On Fri, 03 Jan 1997 02:55:41 GMT, Dennis McLaughlin
<den...@anet-chi.com> appeared to post:

>The *first* Doctor!?!
>"One day I shall come."
>Oh, ick...

Well it *COULD* be worse you know (like it could be the second Doctor
and Mel). Anyways, the first Doctor was never always that old...it
could be a younger First Doctor.
<snip>

--
"There are many frightening things in the world.
Poverty, illness, hatred. Compared to these, a

Cyrano de Univac

Jan 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/5/97

I heard through the grapevine that Luke Gutzwiller
<luc...@probe.net> said:

>I can't help it. It's the way I was raised. Every old person I've
>known has been of the traditional "nice" type with about the same libido
>as a can of spam!

Hey, now. I used to date a can of spam ... strictly platonically
of course, since I never could get past that cold metal exterior.
But after the relationship ended, he ran off with somebody he'd just
met at a party I threw. They hit it off so well and so quickly,
there must have been some component of libido involved.

>Thanks to them, I now find it impossible to link old
>people and sex in any way, shape, or form. In 50 years, I'll probably
>have figured out how to deal with it. In the mean time, I'm sorry. Can
>you seriously (I mean really) think about your grandparents, for
>example, having sex? I'm still sorry, but it just can't be done.

Some studies have recently shown that many if not most elderly people
have active sex lives. They enjoy it as much as anyone younger
would, or as much as or more than they ever used to like sex.

And yes, I can really seriously think about my grandparents having
sex, because last year my grandmother (who turns 81 this month)
told me how much she enjoyed it when I was talking to her about
my (then) lack of a sex life. Sorry if that freaks you out, Luke,
but it's the truth. (Or perhaps it could be that I'm of those
wacky Californians from a liberal family or something. (; )

>I have no problems with race, religion, gender, lifestyle, or even old
>people in general. If this elderly person/sex thing is my one
>shortcoming, then I'm doing pretty darn well.

I think you'll probably get over the last one eventually. "Only
time will tell." Until then, have some jellybabies. (:

-Holly (Not kidding about the spam, either.)

*******Everything changes, but nothing is ever truly lost.
*****hab...@galaxy.csc.calpoly.edu *** And I'm still here.

Audra Rourk McHugh

Jan 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/5/97

In article <5aphea$g...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>, kor...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au
(Kate Orman) writes:

>>I have to admit my immediate response to the idea of naughty Hartnell
>>stories was also "ick" - but when you think about it, why not? After
>>all, before Number Eight, he was the only Doctor we saw having a
>>romance. :-)

>Well, to put everyone's mind at ease, *most* of the story
>is about the 1st Doctor as a younger man, but *some*
>of it takes place with the Hartnell Doctor that we all
>know and love. This certainly has been an interesting
>discussion, and an eye-opener for me. I never imagined that
>fans would have such a strong reaction. Fascinating !!
>-Lori-

As the person who wrote this First Doctor story (it's titled "History in
the Making") I have to say that the reaction doesn't surprise me at all.
It might be less a case of age-ism than of people feeling that such a
story is disrespectful or inappropriate. If it's any reassurance, the
First is one of my favorite Doctors, and I think the story is not
exploitative, or done tastelessly. (Difficult as that may be for those of
you who've read "Babes of Androzani" to believe ;->.)

Lori's correct that most of the erotic content is about the younger First
Doctor... in fact, most of the story is about him (part of what inspired
"History" was the idea that the First incarnation was the only one of the
Doctors to have a "normal" lifespan... to be born, grow up, grow old. It
makes him unique among all of them.) It was equally important to me to
write "History", though, because of the common misperception that
sexuality and love belong exclusively to the young, the beautiful, the
physically perfect. Hopefully, the story is also an enjoyable one.
Everyone buy a copy of WGN and decide for yourselves!! (That's two
shameless 'zine plugs from me in one day, Lori!! Do I get a cracker or
something?)

Audra

Kate Orman

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

In article <5apfd5$3...@phoenix.csc.calpoly.edu>,
Cyrano de Univac <hab...@galaxy.csc.calpoly.edu> wrote:

[snip]

>Some studies have recently shown that many if not most elderly people
>have active sex lives. They enjoy it as much as anyone younger
>would, or as much as or more than they ever used to like sex.

Well, thank goodness for that! :-)

I have to admit my immediate response to the idea of naughty Hartnell
stories was also "ick" - but when you think about it, why not? After all,
before Number Eight, he was the only Doctor we saw having a romance. :-)

We're so used to associating sex with youth, and an awful lot of that's
down to what we've learnt from the media... I can only think of one film
or TV show I've seen which showed older folks being sexual ("Cocoon"). So
perhaps WGN can help redress the balance. :-)

[snip]

--
Kate Orman - "A broad too deep for the small screen"
kor...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au | http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~korman

lorig...@aol.com

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

(Kate Orman) writes:

>I have to admit my immediate response to the idea of naughty Hartnell
>stories was also "ick" - but when you think about it, why not? After all,

>before Number Eight, he was the only Doctor we saw having a romance. :-)

Well, to put everyone's mind at ease, *most* of the story
is about the 1st Doctor as a younger man, but *some*
of it takes place with the Hartnell Doctor that we all
know and love. This certainly has been an interesting
discussion, and an eye-opener for me. I never imagined that
fans would have such a strong reaction. Fascinating !!

-Lori-

Kate Orman

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

In article <19970106020...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
<lorig...@aol.com> wrote:

[snip]

>Well, to put everyone's mind at ease, *most* of the story
>is about the 1st Doctor as a younger man, but *some*
>of it takes place with the Hartnell Doctor that we all
>know and love. This certainly has been an interesting
>discussion, and an eye-opener for me. I never imagined that
>fans would have such a strong reaction. Fascinating !!

McGann's what, 37, and people nearly exploded at the prospect of his
Doctor *kissing* someone. There would have been more postings, only you
killed a few people. :-)

Dennis McLaughlin

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, lorig...@aol.com
(LoriGrenci) led us all to believe:

>In article <32cc54fb...@news.anet-chi.com>, Dennis McLaughlin
><den...@anet-chi.com> writes:

>>>So far, we've got stories about the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th
>>Doctors.
>>

>>The *first* Doctor!?!
>>"One day I shall come."
>>Oh, ick...
>>

>>Perhaps you could toss in a racy tome about my deceased grandmother
>>too...
>>;>
>> [Exit pursued by a bear]

>Yes, Dennis - RUN ! RUN VERY FAST ! The bear and Lori are
>both coming after you. <g> Shame on you !

I like erotica very much. But I've never had any interest in the
geriatric sort, I confess with *much* shame...

>Billdoc is very cute in his own curmudgeon way.

I am also a big fan of the First Doctor. I find him endearing. I
confess that my comments above were mainly smart-arsed and not
substantial. You *did* see my smiley, didn't you? It looked like
this: ;> (meant to signify "all in naughty fun")

>Don't you think old people deserve to have any fun?

Why no, Lori, I don't think old people deserve to have *any* fun,
whatsoever. I think old people should be strapped to their beds and
forced to watch "Wheel of Fortune" and "The Price is Right" (oh,
Bugger, I forgot -- they *like* to do that). Right, no television for
old people either, just dog food for dinner and severe beatings for
dessert (if they are really good).

Lori, this is a *huge* leap. How on earth can you accuse me of
denying *any* fun to old people based solely on my initial response to
the notion of First Doctor erotica?
;>

Seriously, I support your fanzine and it's content (as much as I
understand it thus far: tasteful erotica involving Doctor Who)
entirely and entusiastically. My initial "ick" regarding the idea of
the First Doctor "getting some" was not intended as discouragement of
any sort. I'm sorry if it felt that way to you.

>There is a fabulous tradition of sassy "elders" in Doctor Who.
>(And your granny might have been a wild woman, for all
>we know.)

You don't know the half of it... She's probably giving demonic
lessons to the hordes of Hell as we speak!
=;0

>Anyway, read the story and I bet you'll change your mind.

I would fight to the death for the rights of any antediluvian to bump
uglies with any other back number or respective fusspot. I swear.
>;>

>It's very well written - and interesting - about Billdoc and Madame Curie.

Madame Curie!!!

Why didn't you say so! I'm highly aroused already! Where can I get
your valuable fanzine?

>-Lori-

[all apologies to Jason Miller and any other older citizen. I don't
mean a word of it! I'm just exaggerating to make a point. I swear --
except for the bits about my grandmother -- she was an *awful* person
-- and I wouldn't even deny *her* the right to enjoy a frolic.]

Gotta go! There's a bear after me...

[Exit pursued by a bear]

Dennis McLaughlin
den...@anet-chi.com

Brigadier Nathan Rogers

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997 23:02:22 -0500, cata...@access.digex.net (Lise
Mendel) appeared to post:

>Brigadier Nathan Rogers <jlro...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

>> Well it *COULD* be worse you know (like it could be the second Doctor
>> and Mel). Anyways, the first Doctor was never always that old...it
>> could be a younger First Doctor.
>> <snip>

>After all, he always _claimed_ that Susan was his granddaughter - she
>had to have come from somewhere...

Well, that's what I'm thinking. However, I *prefer* to think that
Susan is a grandaughter in the sense that either

1) Her mother/father was created in the loom with some of the Doctor's
DNA
2)Susan's parent were killed in some sort of accident / murdered/
whatever... and the Doctor found her. She was very young at the time,
so she believes him to be his grandfather (for this to make sense with
the "we''re exiles" line though, it would have to be a Gallifreyan
colony - quite possible :)
3) Another Doctor might have left Susan in the care of the first
during an emergency and said "This is my father" or some tale like
that... (this would work if McGann Doc and Grace really get at it :)

Those are *my* ideas, so if anyone disagrees, don't go at my throat :)

Any other suggestions abou Susan's origin, BTW?

Christopher Miles & Gravis

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

kor...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au (Kate Orman) wrote:

>We're so used to associating sex with youth, and an awful lot of that's
>down to what we've learnt from the media... I can only think of one film
>or TV show I've seen which showed older folks being sexual ("Cocoon").

Seen BAD BOY BUBBY? Well, I guess it's not quite the same. I'll shut up now.

Christopher Miles & Gravis
The Great RADW Space Race Adjudicator & his co-pilot

"It is a far far better thing that | Send $CASH$
I do now then now then what's all this?" | NOW!!!!!!!!

lorig...@aol.com

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

In article <32D09E...@cris.com>, Audra Rourk McHugh <amr...@cris.com>
writes:

>It was equally important to me to
>write "History", though, because of the common misperception that
>sexuality and love belong exclusively to the young, the beautiful, the
>physically perfect. Hopefully, the story is also an enjoyable one.
>Everyone buy a copy of WGN and decide for yourselves!! (That's two
>shameless 'zine plugs from me in one day, Lori!! Do I get a cracker or
>something?)

Ah...Audra,
Your reward will be the knowledge that you have raised the
consciousness of many people here in radw and around the globe. <g>
Literature should strive to enlighten and broaden the mind.

And I think I can afford a cracker...but it may get smashed in the
mail. Now I think this old geezer will return to her rocking chair and
her knitting. (just kidding ....I've got to go to work. My COBOL
programs are calling out to me. ACK !!!)

-Lori-
Preview the cover of WARM GALLIFREYAN NIGHTS -- an adult DW zine
http://members.aol.com/lorigrenci/wgn.html

Lisa Gaunt

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

: (Kate Orman) writes:

[...]

This is an excellent point, Audra! I haven't seen much of the first doctor
stuff at all, and my original 'you've got to be kidding' reaction was
based mainly just on the mental image I have of *anybody* that age
participating in, er, extra-curricular activities. :-) But why _should_
this be just for the young & beautiful? Most people don't look like they
walked off the set of BabeWatch.

The Doctor had definately lived a pretty long and varied life before any
of us ever saw him... Who knows what he could've gotten into during that
time? And just how much of a rebel against traditional Gallifreyan society
was he? :-)

*heh* I'll bet you a nickel that quite a few of the people who are freaked
out by this concept don't believe their parents have sex either... :-)

Lisa

----------------
Lisa Gaunt
li...@netcom.com

Audra Rourk McHugh

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

Dennis McLaughlin wrote:

> A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, lorig...@aol.com
> (LoriGrenci) led us all to believe:
> >Yes, Dennis - RUN ! RUN VERY FAST ! The bear and Lori are
> >both coming after you. <g> Shame on you !
>
> I like erotica very much. But I've never had any interest in the
> geriatric sort, I confess with *much* shame...

Wait about thirty or forty years... :->

> Why no, Lori, I don't think old people deserve to have *any* fun,
> whatsoever. I think old people should be strapped to their beds and
> forced to watch "Wheel of Fortune" and "The Price is Right" (oh,
> Bugger, I forgot -- they *like* to do that). Right, no television for
> old people either, just dog food for dinner and severe beatings for
> dessert (if they are really good).

<<perks up>>.... Why, Dennis... where were you when I was writing this
story? You're absolutely overflowing with ideas...

> Lori, this is a *huge* leap. How on earth can you accuse me of
> denying *any* fun to old people based solely on my initial response to
> the notion of First Doctor erotica?
> ;>

I think Lori wasn't much more serious than you were.

> Seriously, I support your fanzine and it's content (as much as I
> understand it thus far: tasteful erotica involving Doctor Who)
> entirely and entusiastically. My initial "ick" regarding the idea of
> the First Doctor "getting some" was not intended as discouragement of
> any sort. I'm sorry if it felt that way to you.

"Tasteful erotica involving Doctor Who..." That would be the idea,
pretty much. And a universal "ick" was expected, at least by me. I'm
just hoping people get past the "ick" and read the story, which will
(also hopefully) not then elicit another "ick", this one of the purely
litcrit type...

For anyone who's curious, I got the idea from the scene in "Enemy Within"
in the ambulance, when Grace asks PaulDoc if he knew Madam Curie.
"Intimately!" the Doctor replies, in high dudgeon... and then Grace, with
equal crossness (and deplorable grammar) retorts, "Did she kiss as good
as me?" "As *well* as you," corrects the RobertsMaster, in his only good
line in the film. (In case you were wondering, we all draw the line
somewhere. The idea of RobertsMaster erotica is enough to make me
cringe... now *that's* icky.)

> >There is a fabulous tradition of sassy "elders" in Doctor Who.
> >(And your granny might have been a wild woman, for all
> >we know.)

> You don't know the half of it... She's probably giving demonic
> lessons to the hordes of Hell as we speak!
> =;0

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? :-> :->

[Exit pursued by the vengeful shade of Dennis' granny]

See you,

Audra

Luke Gutzwiller

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97
to Lisa Gaunt

Lisa Gaunt wrote:
(snip)

> *heh* I'll bet you a nickel that quite a few of the people who are freaked
> out by this concept don't believe their parents have sex either... :-)

They have WHAT?!?(-:

Dennis McLaughlin

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Audra Rourk McHugh
<amr...@cris.com> led us all to believe:

[discusion of forthcoming First Doctor erotica tale to be featured in
Lori Grenci's new fanzine "Warm Gallifreyan Nights" snipped]

>For anyone who's curious, I got the idea from the scene in "Enemy Within"
>in the ambulance, when Grace asks PaulDoc if he knew Madam Curie.
>"Intimately!" the Doctor replies, in high dudgeon... and then Grace, with
>equal crossness (and deplorable grammar) retorts, "Did she kiss as good
>as me?" "As *well* as you," corrects the RobertsMaster, in his only good
>line in the film. (In case you were wondering, we all draw the line
>somewhere. The idea of RobertsMaster erotica is enough to make me
>cringe... now *that's* icky.)

I'm looking forward to this story now. Really, someone concerned
about the Eigth Doctor in heat might realize that he is just living
out his natural birthright (scoring all over the galaxy). I quite
forgot that BillDoc was a randy polecat, surreptitiously screwing his
way into the hearts and, er, minds of the finest ladies this side of
Gallifrey). His conquests make me look like a meddling monk!

>> >There is a fabulous tradition of sassy "elders" in Doctor Who.
>> >(And your granny might have been a wild woman, for all
>> >we know.)
>
>> You don't know the half of it... She's probably giving demonic
>> lessons to the hordes of Hell as we speak!
>> =;0
>
>The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? :-> :->

With luck, an apple can be taken *from* the tree, rubbed to a shimmery
finish and consumed in an entirely safe environment, perhaps even
filling out a pie or two. One can but hope. (as for her, I wouldn't
wish her on the Rani...)

>[Exit pursued by the vengeful shade of Dennis' granny]

You knew her, then?
[Exit pursued by a Bear]
Dennis McLaughlin
den...@anet-chi.com

Peter Wilton

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <19970106020...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
lorig...@aol.com writes

>>I have to admit my immediate response to the idea of naughty Hartnell
>>stories was also "ick" - but when you think about it, why not? After all,
>
>>before Number Eight, he was the only Doctor we saw having a romance. :-)
>>

>Well, to put everyone's mind at ease, *most* of the story
>is about the 1st Doctor as a younger man,

...and from what one reads in the Hartnell bio, it's quite appropriate!
--
Peter Wilton
The Gregorian Association Web Page:

David Margerison

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

kor...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au (Kate Orman) wrote:

>We're so used to associating sex with youth, and an awful lot of that's
>down to what we've learnt from the media... I can only think of one film

>or TV show I've seen which showed older folks being sexual ("Cocoon"). So
>perhaps WGN can help redress the balance. :-)

If you haven't already, check out "Grumpy Old Men" and it's sequel.
There's also that one with Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn - "On
Golden Pond" I think. I haven't seen it but I believe it deals with
the issue.

I must admit, I'm always amused by Hurndall's references to Davison's
youth in 5 Docs considering their characters are several hundred years
apart in the other direction, an indication of the physical facade
over the actual age. Perhaps this explains why subsequent doctors
didn't have an active sex life......the spirit was willing but.....:-)

--
Enjoy your space in time,

David Margerison (da...@lin.cbl.com.au)

Lori Grenci

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In <32D1D1...@cris.com> Audra Rourk McHugh <amr...@cris.com>
writes:

>Dennis McLaughlin wrote:

>> I like erotica very much. But I've never had any interest in the
>> geriatric sort, I confess with *much* shame...
>
>Wait about thirty or forty years... :->

OK OK - I'm sending all the chasing bears and grannies
back to the caves....

Dennis and I had a nice cyber hug and handshake and
now we're friends, so everybody play nice.

I should remind potential readers of this zine that it
already has 10 stories and is about 300 pages, so there's
bound to be some things you'll like and some things you
won't - as in any eclectic collection. And it's not
finished yet - we are still accepting submissions - so,
who knows, that Troughton or Pertwee story might still
wind up in my email. icky, icky...hehehehe...

-Lori Grenci-

check out the WGN cover:
http://members.aol.com/lorigrenci/wgn.html

R.J. Smith

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <lisagE3...@netcom.com>, Lisa Gaunt <li...@netcom.com> wrote:

>This is an excellent point, Audra! I haven't seen much of the first doctor
>stuff at all, and my original 'you've got to be kidding' reaction was
>based mainly just on the mental image I have of *anybody* that age
>participating in, er, extra-curricular activities. :-) But why _should_
>this be just for the young & beautiful? Most people don't look like they
>walked off the set of BabeWatch.

Speak for yourself darling!

- Robert Smith?
(getting in early to try and win that 'hunk of the year' Adric)

The Doctor

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <5au91n$k...@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA>,

Flame War alert!!

Dawning Asbestos suit ...

--
God, Queen and Country NEVER Satan, President and Republic Hating Bachelor's Living
Republicanism is Satanism: Satan wants to usurp God from his throne just like

R. Dan Henry

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

The Doctor wrote:

> Flame War alert!!
> Dawning Asbestos suit ...

One hopes it protects against spelling flames, oh Mighty Yads.

Hint: "dawn" != "don"

--
R. Dan Henry (danh...@inreach.com)

Spigi Berman

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

R.J. Smith <smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA> wrote:
>In article <lisagE3...@netcom.com>, Lisa Gaunt <li...@netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>This is an excellent point, Audra! I haven't seen much of the first doctor
>>stuff at all, and my original 'you've got to be kidding' reaction was
>>based mainly just on the mental image I have of *anybody* that age
>>participating in, er, extra-curricular activities. :-) But why _should_
>>this be just for the young & beautiful? Most people don't look like they
>>walked off the set of BabeWatch.
>
>Speak for yourself darling!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

love that bikini, Smith?

oh and:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH

*ahem*

> - Robert Smith?
>(getting in early to try and win that 'hunk of the year' Adric)

Actually Robert should win the hunk of the year if not the
"cute weird guy with the hat and 6 identical outfits" adric award

*duck*

-Spigi "i'll just relieve you of that 'babe of the year' Adric thank you [:"
Hertlemeyer

The Doctor

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <32D31B...@inreach.com>,

Got you. Imagine a grammar checker for Unix.

Andrew McCaffrey

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

The Doctor (doc...@nl2k.edmonton.AB.ca) wrote:
: Dawning Asbestos suit ...

Would that be a nuclear Don?

--
+------------------------Andrew McCaffrey+[fen...@clark.net]------------+
|Doctor: But I don't exist in your world!|"Anybody remotely interesting |

James Bow

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

Luke Gutzwiller wrote:

> Just throwing my two cents' worth in...
>
> lorig...@aol.com wrote:
> (snip)
> >Don't you think old people deserve to have
> > any fun?
>
> No.
>
> Just...no.
>
> Ick.
>
> No. Not unless we're talking bridge or shuffleboard. Maybe dominoes.
>
> Definitely not.

Gee, you're not going to be too happy when you're finally in a rest
home, are you?

:-)

Best,
James
--
James Bow - MIS Department || // // ,' /~~~\' Mortice Kern Systems
e-mail jb...@mks.com /||/// //\\ `\\\ Waterloo, Ontario

Henry Potts

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

In article <5b0jts$3ke$1...@doctor.nl2k.edmonton.ab.ca>, The Doctor
<doc...@nl2k.edmonton.AB.ca> writes

>In article <32D31B...@inreach.com>,
>R. Dan Henry <danh...@inreach.com> wrote:
>>The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> Flame War alert!!
>>> Dawning Asbestos suit ...
>>
>>One hopes it protects against spelling flames, oh Mighty Yads.
>>
>>Hint: "dawn" != "don"
>
>Got you. Imagine a grammar checker for Unix.

I have no idea what "The Doctor" is going on about, but Dan's "oh" above
should be spelt "o". :)

What's that Babylon 5 quote: it was the dawning of a new asbestos
suit...
--
Henry Potts

daear...@aol.com

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

In article <5aq31v$c...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>, kor...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au
(Kate Orman) writes:

>McGann's what, 37, and people nearly exploded at the prospect of his
>Doctor *kissing* someone. There would have been more postings, only you
>killed a few people. :-)

Is this too old
or too young?

Alex
======================
What are you assuming now?

Sylver

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

Here I am, returning to radw after months of missing it, and well, ever the
eternal lurker.....and I find a discussion about an erotic Hartnell story. Shame,
shame. He's the only Doctor ,when you think about it, who was allowed a sex
life (inferred) since he lived a normal life span (as previously stated). Just think
of all those crazy days at the academy when a young Time Lord (especially a
rebellious one) finds himself in need of some relaxation after all those deep and
philosophical Temporal Physics exams. What does he do? What do college
students all around the world (and probably on other worlds as well) do? Yeah.
Me too.
My personal opinion on the Doctor's sex life......he was at it as much as
possible....it's just that Doctor Who is supposed to be a nice family show.....OK,
so I've got my reality mixed. Sue me.
To the people who are bringing us Warm Gallifreyan Nights.......vivat!
Cudos! I can't wait to read the stories. (Oh, and I;m contributing a D7
story...heh, heh. )

Edana

Sylver

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

Sylver

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

R.J. Smith

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

In article <5aurv6$m...@hobbes.sco.com>, Spigi Berman <sp...@sco.COM> wrote:

>In article <5au91n$k...@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA>,
>R.J. Smith <smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA> wrote:
>>In article <lisagE3...@netcom.com>, Lisa Gaunt <li...@netcom.com> wrote:

>>>This is an excellent point, Audra! I haven't seen much of the first doctor
>>>stuff at all, and my original 'you've got to be kidding' reaction was
>>>based mainly just on the mental image I have of *anybody* that age
>>>participating in, er, extra-curricular activities. :-) But why _should_
>>>this be just for the young & beautiful? Most people don't look like they
>>>walked off the set of BabeWatch.

>>Speak for yourself darling!

>MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>love that bikini, Smith?

Fortunately, I have the chest to match.

(I keep the bikini locked in a chest when I'm not wearing it)

>> - Robert Smith?
>>(getting in early to try and win that 'hunk of the year' Adric)
>
>Actually Robert should win the hunk of the year if not the
>"cute weird guy with the hat and 6 identical outfits" adric award

Well, I sorta thought that was mine by default :-)

>*duck*

No, I'm not aiming for the "duck of the year".

>-Spigi "i'll just relieve you of that 'babe of the year' Adric thank you [:"
> Hertlemeyer

Stop stealing my babe! She's mine, I tell you, all mine!

- Robert Smith?

R.J. Smith

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

In article <32D598...@dreamscape.com>,

Sylver <ehau...@dreanscape.com> wrote:
>Here I am, returning to radw after months of missing it, and well, ever the
>eternal lurker.....and I find a discussion about an erotic Hartnell story. Shame,
>shame. He's the only Doctor ,when you think about it, who was allowed a sex
>life (inferred) since he lived a normal life span (as previously stated). Just think
>of all those crazy days at the academy when a young Time Lord (especially a
>rebellious one) finds himself in need of some relaxation after all those deep and
>philosophical Temporal Physics exams. What does he do? What do college
>students all around the world (and probably on other worlds as well) do? Yeah.

Play chess?

>Me too.

That's nice.

- Robert Smith?

Russ Massey

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

In article <32D598...@dreamscape.com>, Sylver <ehaukyns@dre
amscape.com> writes

>Here I am, returning to radw after months of missing it, and well, ever the
>eternal lurker.....and I find a discussion about an erotic Hartnell story. Shame,
>shame. He's the only Doctor ,when you think about it, who was allowed a sex
>life (inferred) since he lived a normal life span (as previously stated). Just think
>of all those crazy days at the academy when a young Time Lord (especially a
>rebellious one) finds himself in need of some relaxation after all those deep and
>philosophical Temporal Physics exams. What does he do? What do college
>students all around the world (and probably on other worlds as well) do? Yeah.
>Me too.

So you're a roleplayer as well then?
--
Russ Massey

Jason A. Miller

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

On one level, it's difficult to imagine the "ick" response
to Hartnell sex stories. The oldest that the 1st Doctor could be
in any of these stories is the oldest age Hartnell was during the
filming of the series, 57.

Meanwhile, over here in the US, 71 year-old Paul Newman
and 68 year-old James Garner remain sex symbols, and in the recent
comedy MY FELLOW AMERICANS, we actually see Garner having sex.

So which of these is the real "yuck"? :)

--
% Jason A. Miller % jmil...@uoft02.utoledo.edu %
% "some doctor guy" % Native New Yorker %

Kate Orman

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

In article <E3wyy...@utnetw.utoledo.edu>,

Jason A. Miller <jmil...@uoft02.utoledo.edu> wrote:

> On one level, it's difficult to imagine the "ick" response
>to Hartnell sex stories. The oldest that the 1st Doctor could be
>in any of these stories is the oldest age Hartnell was during the
>filming of the series, 57.

I'd say the First Doctor was a great deal older than the actor who
portrayed him...

Regardless, people's "ick" response isn't a conscious, thoughtful thing.
As we've been over in this thread, it's "programmed" by the media and
other cultural influences which teach that old bodies are ugly and
unsexy.

It might also have something to do with whether people find Bill Hartnell
particularly attractive :-). There are plenty of young male sex symbols
who make me squirm with their ickiness. :-)

[snip]

--
Kate Orman - "A broad too deep for the small screen"
kor...@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au | http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~korman

R.J. Smith

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

"She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet skin glistening in the
moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night. Gently she caressed his face, his
neck, his chest. She leaned over, full lips poised, the words oozing from
her mouth.

" 'Tell me again, lover' she breathed, her toungue tracing her lips just
millimetres from his ear.

"She gazed into his eyes as he began to speak.

" 'Oh yes, yes, I would, my dear! Indeed, yes, hmm? What beauty is that
which often goes on long walks as I like to before I arrive, yes? For
your hair is surely without fornic- er, without fault! Your eyes, hmm.
Yes, your eyes, they are like two stars shining in Spain, er Space!' "

- Robert Smith?

Thompson, Bill (William A)

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

R.J. Smith <smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA> wrote in article
<5bcj14$8...@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA>...

ROTFL! Thanks, Smith?! Your wit makes life bearable!

--
http:\\www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/7628/index.html
____ * /) /) ___ /) Bill (William A) Thompson

Luke Gutzwiller

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

R.J. Smith wrote:

> "She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet skin glistening in the
> moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night. Gently she caressed his face, his
> neck, his chest. She leaned over, full lips poised, the words oozing from
> her mouth.
>
> " 'Tell me again, lover' she breathed, her toungue tracing her lips just
> millimetres from his ear.
>
> "She gazed into his eyes as he began to speak.
>
> " 'Oh yes, yes, I would, my dear! Indeed, yes, hmm? What beauty is that
> which often goes on long walks as I like to before I arrive, yes? For
> your hair is surely without fornic- er, without fault! Your eyes, hmm.
> Yes, your eyes, they are like two stars shining in Spain, er Space!' "

I thought it couldn't be done! A First Doctor (or, for that matter,
*any* Doctor) sex story I enjoyed! I laughed so hard stuff nearly came
out of my nose. Anything bad I'd said about the concept in the past, I
hereby withdraw. You've got the character down to a T, or any other
letter of your choice.

Elsa Frohman

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

On 13 Jan 1997 01:00:04 -0500, smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA (R.J.
Smith) wrote:

>"She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet skin glistening in the
>moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night. Gently she caressed his face, his
>neck, his chest. She leaned over, full lips poised, the words oozing from
>her mouth.
>
>" 'Tell me again, lover' she breathed, her toungue tracing her lips just
>millimetres from his ear.
>
>"She gazed into his eyes as he began to speak.
>
>" 'Oh yes, yes, I would, my dear! Indeed, yes, hmm? What beauty is that
>which often goes on long walks as I like to before I arrive, yes? For
>your hair is surely without fornic- er, without fault! Your eyes, hmm.
>Yes, your eyes, they are like two stars shining in Spain, er Space!' "

Looks like Robert wants to be in the zine, Lori

Elsa

Dennis McLaughlin

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away,
smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA (R.J. Smith) led us all to believe:

>"She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet skin glistening in the
>moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night. Gently she caressed his face, his
>neck, his chest. She leaned over, full lips poised, the words oozing from
>her mouth.
>
>" 'Tell me again, lover' she breathed, her toungue tracing her lips just
>millimetres from his ear.
>
>"She gazed into his eyes as he began to speak.
>
>" 'Oh yes, yes, I would, my dear! Indeed, yes, hmm? What beauty is that
>which often goes on long walks as I like to before I arrive, yes? For
>your hair is surely without fornic- er, without fault! Your eyes, hmm.
>Yes, your eyes, they are like two stars shining in Spain, er Space!' "

Oh, ick...
;>
[Exit pursued by a Bear]
Dennis McLaughlin
(desperately seeking a competent ISP -- suggestions welcome)
den...@anet-chi.com

R.J. Smith

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

In article <5bd8si$8...@sjx-ixn7.ix.netcom.com>,
Lori Grenci <da...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <5bcj14$8...@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA> smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA
>(R.J. Smith) writes:

[snip by Warm Gallifreyan Parody]

> Is this a submission to WGN ???

It wasn't intended to be, but feel free to use it!

- Robert Smith?

lorig...@aol.com

Jan 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/18/97

In article <32E172...@pcug.org.au>, David Green <dgr...@pcug.org.au>
writes:

>The Doctor has never, ever been seen to have physical attraction
> towards anyone or anything. He is, in my opinion, a mind which is
> continually absorbed in science.

We are never privy much to what the Doctor does in his
"spare" time (does he have any?). If we go by the TV series,
the man never (hardly ever) reads, eats, sleeps, showers,
shaves, or washes his socks. I think we can reasonably
infer there might be activities going on "behind the scenes".

And I think the TV movie, by the end, portrayed a Doctor
"very interested" in Grace. He certainly was looking at her
in a way that implied physical attraction. IMHO, anyway.

-Lori-

Warm Gallifreyan Nights - an adult DW zine
http://members.aol.com/lorigrenci/wgn.html

David Green

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

Sylver wrote:

> My personal opinion on the Doctor's sex life......he was at it as much as
> possible....

The Doctor has never, ever been seen to have physical attraction towards anyone or

anything. He is, in my opinion, a mind which is continually absorbed in science.

"The Enemy Within" kiss could have simply been The Doctor in exaltation over Grace,
not erotically but in fascination over this intriguing young imbocile who had killed his
seventh persona. The kiss, at the moment it happened, was The Doctor's joyous reaction to
his total recall, not intended to be an advancement but a
spontaneous, impulsive and eccentric, verging on mad, reaction. Grace, clearly
alive with feelings about the mysterious Stranger, and dazed from the first
incident, indulged in her desires and took advantage of the Doctor at that moment.
I do not think The Doctor cared as it occurred once more before the credits.

BFN

--
David Walter Green

e-mail: dgr...@pcug.org.au

R.J. Smith

Jan 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/21/97

In article <32E510...@mks.com>, James Bow <jb...@mks.com> wrote:
>Lori Grenci wrote:

>> In <5bcj14$8...@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA> smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA
>> (R.J. Smith) writes:

>> >"She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet
>> > skin glistening in the moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night.
>> >Gently she caressed his face, his neck, his chest. She leaned over,
>> >full lips poised, the words oozing from her mouth.

>> >" 'Tell me again, lover' she breathed, her toungue tracing
>> >her lips just millimetres from his ear.

>> >"She gazed into his eyes as he began to speak.

>> >" 'Oh yes, yes, I would, my dear! Indeed, yes, hmm? What beauty is
>> >that which often goes on long walks as I like to before I arrive,
>> >yes? For your hair is surely without fornic- er, without fault! Your
>> >eyes, hmm. Yes, your eyes, they are like two stars shining in Spain,
>> >er Space!' "

>> Is this a submission to WGN ???

>It might work, too! Put it under the "short humour" department.

Oi! Enough of the "short"!

Oh, wait, I see...

>Alternately, with a little encouragement, I'm sure that Robert would be
>willing to expand on his little passage...

Heh heh *snicker* heh heh.

Actually, I just noticed that it's 120 words long - a little editing
should have it down and ready for the "Drabble" section :-)

- Robert Smith?

James Bow

Jan 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/21/97

Lori Grenci wrote:

> In <5bcj14$8...@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA> smit...@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA
> (R.J. Smith) writes:
> >

> >"She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet
> > skin glistening in the moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night.
> >Gently she caressed his face, his neck, his chest. She leaned over,
> >full lips poised, the words oozing from her mouth.
> >
> >" 'Tell me again, lover' she breathed, her toungue tracing
> >her lips just millimetres from his ear.
> >
> >"She gazed into his eyes as he began to speak.
> >
> >" 'Oh yes, yes, I would, my dear! Indeed, yes, hmm? What beauty is
> >that which often goes on long walks as I like to before I arrive,
> >yes? For your hair is surely without fornic- er, without fault! Your
> >eyes, hmm. Yes, your eyes, they are like two stars shining in Spain,
> >er Space!' "
> >
> > - Robert Smith?

> Is this a submission to WGN ???

It might work, too! Put it under the "short humour" department.

Alternately, with a little encouragement, I'm sure that Robert would be
willing to expand on his little passage...

Best,

lorig...@aol.com

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

In article <32E510...@mks.com>, James Bow <jb...@mks.com> writes:

>Lori Grenci wrote:
>>
>> (R.J. Smith) writes:
>> >

>> >"She reached out towards his steamy body, her wet
>> > skin glistening in the moonlight of the warm Gallifreyan night.
>> >Gently she caressed his face, his neck, his chest. She leaned over,
>> >full lips poised, the words oozing from her mouth.

<paragraphs of utter depravity snipped>

>> Is this a submission to WGN ???
>
>It might work, too! Put it under the "short humour" department.
>Alternately, with a little encouragement, I'm sure that Robert would be
>willing to expand on his little passage...

hmmm...actually, I think I'll save this for the "Warm Gallifreyan Nights
Special Edition - The First Three Doctors: Their Lives and Loves."

The Gallifreyan Stallion

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

R.J. Smith wrote:

> Actually, I just noticed that it's 120 words long - a little editing
> should have it down and ready for the "Drabble" section :-)

You just happened to have noticed that ?

Please try and get out a bit more :)

--
The Gallifreyan Stallion

Please visit http://www.brookes.ac.uk/~94129892/homepage.html