Visions Convention info for attendees

1 view

George Fergus

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

This info has gone out via e-mail, but in case you're coming and aren't on
our mailing list:
HME/VISIONS '97 The Unconventional Television Convention
Dates: November 27 - 30, 1997
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Hotel: Hyatt Regency O'Hare
9300 West Bryn Mawr Ave.
Rosemont, IL 60018
(847) 696-1234
MISCELLANEOUS LAST-MINUTE INFO FOR ATTENDEES ONLY:
(if you are not attending the con, please ignore this entire message.)

Louise Jameson (Leela on Doctor Who) has had to cancel.
Jeri Ryan will not be at the convention on Friday.
Jeff Conaway and Peter Davison will be arriving late to the Thursday
evening Contributors Party. Pat Tallman and Jeri Ryan can not be there
at all. The party is in the Forum at 8pm. Tickets can be purchased at
the door. Those who already have tickets should pick up their membership
packet there, rather than at registration.
Pat Tallman and Jeri Ryan will not be at the celebrity luncheon.
This year's T-shirt design is by Jim Wappel, not by Artist Guest of
Honor Ed Cox as previously announced. Ed's work is on the program book.
Convention registration starts at 8am Friday morning for walk-ins, but
those pre-registered by mail can pick up their packets from 7pm-9pm on
Thursday evening. Registration is open till 9pm on Friday, except for a
dinner break from 5-6pm.
At the door prices are 3-day:$75 2-day:$65 1-day:$50 (includes the main
and secondary panels, autographs, and photographs). There is also the
Dealers Room Only: 1-day:$5 (includes Pro Dealers, Fan Dealers, Art Show).
Video Rooms and Fan Panels are free.
Photo sessions: To save the eyes of our celebrity guests we are setting
up professional lighting this year, and ask that no flash be used.
Polaroids taken by our staff are $6 each (up from $5 last year).
Parking in back of the hotel is free for attendees during the convention.
Don't be misled if you see signs giving the normal parking fees.
Restaurant guides and maps of the area around the convention will be
available from the hotel concierge, adjacent to registration.
The organizational meeting for the Friday evening Costume Contest and
Fan Cabaret will be Friday at 2:30pm in the North Central Room.
We are going all-out this year to make the Visions Art Show a world-
class event. Be sure to stop by and take a look (United Room).
Your "Visions Vote" comment forms can be filled out on-line this year,
if you wish. Just turn in your blank form at Operations and get an ID
number to type into the form on our web page.

final guest list (as of Nov 25, 1997)

actors:
STAR TREK VOYAGER Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) [Saturday & Sunday only]
BABYLON 5 Patricia Tallman (Lyta Alexander)
Jeff Conaway (Zack Allan)
Julie Caitlin Brown (Na'Toth)
DOCTOR WHO Peter Davison (5th Doctor)
Frazer Hines (Jamie)
BLAKE'S 7 Sally Knyvette (Jenna)
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY Gary Lockwood (Poole)

others: Ed Cox (Artist Guest of Honor) <www.edcox.com>
Adam "Mojo" Lebowitz (computer fx artist, B5 & Star Trek)
David Maloney (director, Blake's 7/Doctor Who)
Sheelagh Wells (makeup artist & historian, Blake's 7)
Dave McDonnell (editor, Starlog Magazine)
Joe Nazzaro (writer, Starlog Magazine)
Jeremy Bentham (writer, InVision Magazine)

Continuing Events:
Registration Thursday 7pm-9pm [for pre-registered only]
Friday 8am-5pm, 6pm-9pm
Saturday 8am-5pm
Sunday 9am-2pm
Panels, Autographs, Photographs Friday 10:45am-4:45pm
Saturday 9:30am-6:30pm
Sunday 10am-4pm
Dealers Rooms (Pro & Fan) Friday & Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 10am-4pm
Video Room 1 Thursday 6pm-2am
Video Rooms 1 & 2 Friday 10am-2am, Saturday 9am-2am, Sunday 9am-4pm
Anime Room Saturday and Sunday, hours to be announced
Art Show Friday & Saturday 10am-8pm
Table Gaming Friday & Saturday 9am-11pm
Computer Gaming 24 hours a day

One-Time Events:
Contributors Party Thursday 8pm-10pm [$60 additional]
Art Show Artist Check-In Thursday eve Friday 7am-8pm Saturday 8am-
Opening Ceremonies Friday 9:30-10:30am
Masquerade Show (Costume/Performance Contest) Friday 7:30pm--9:00pm??
Mysterious Theatre 337 Friday after the Masquerade
Celebrity Luncheon Saturday 12:00pm-1:30pm [$35 additional]
Charity Memorabilia Auction Saturday 1:45pm-4pm
Celebrity Variety Show Saturday 8:30pm-11:30pm?? [$25 additional]
Art Show Awards and Auction Sunday 11:00am-1pm
Art Show Quick Sale Sunday 1pm-2pm
Art Show Artist Unsold Pick-Up Sunday 2pm-5pm
Closing Ceremonies Sunday 4:30-5:30pm
HOW TO GET MORE INFO
world wide web:
http://www.xnet.com/~tardis/visions.html
regular (post office) mail:
HER MAJESTY'S ENTERTAINMENT
P.O. Box 1202
Highland Park, IL 60035-1202
electronic mail:
re newsletter & memberships: Patt...@aol.com (Patti McLaughlin)
re costume contest & fan cabaret: lore...@aol.com (Jennifer Kelley)
re art show: Pha...@aol.com (Jackie Paciello)
telephone answering machine with current convention status:
847-882-8575 [note new number, different from previous years]
discounted air fares to Visions arranged by Total Traveler:
800-822-0666 [note new agency, different from previous years]