SNL - Cathy, Irving, Jessica Rabbit

JGM

Mar 10, 2009, 11:29:06 AM3/10/09
Haven't seen this mentioned here. A must-see for Andy Samberg's most
recent incarnation of Cathy. . .

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-cathy-and-jessica-rabbit/1056905/

JGM

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Mar 10, 2009, 1:55:03 PM3/10/09
In article <94fa0210-17d2-448c...@r28g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,

I saw that online more or less by chance. Two thoughts:

1) There's some brilliant Cathy riffs in it.

2) It reminded me why I don't watch SNL anymore -- I think probably at least
40% could have been cut to no detriment, indeed it would have been a
great improvement.

Ted
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

BeatNut

Mar 10, 2009, 2:40:34 PM3/10/09
On Mar 10, 1:55 pm, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
> In article <94fa0210-17d2-448c-9fad-9f953e200...@r28g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
>
> JGM  <jgmcle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-cathy-and-j...

> I saw that online more or less by chance.  Two thoughts:
>
> 1) There's some brilliant Cathy riffs in it.
>
> 2) It reminded me why I don't watch SNL anymore -- I think probably at least
>    40% could have been cut to no detriment, indeed it would have been a
>    great improvement.

Last week's SNL was the first one in a while I've watched start-to-
finish, and I found it very good overall, with a willingness to just
be goofy/silly that hasn't been seen in quite a long time -- the
lighthouse sketch being a case in point. And, I'm not sure how far
back "anymore" implies in your case, but if you ever get a chance to
see reruns of the earliest seasons, the pace now seems glacial.
After the often-brilliant election stuff of late last year, I'd say
this team has hit a real stride.

JGM

Len-L

Mar 10, 2009, 4:57:13 PM3/10/09
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:29:06 -0700 (PDT), JGM <jgmc...@yahoo.com>
opined:

Andy Samberg makes me change channels.
Len-L
------
"You say tomato, I say blood red seed fruit, sent directly
from the plasticine village of fertile flavors and utopian
joy!" -- Toby, Robot Satan