LNH/Meta: Queer LNHers

Adrian J. McClure

Jun 21, 2012, 7:16:04 PM6/21/12
This is of course by no means a comprehensive list queer LNHers or
LNHers in queer relationships; I just thought that instead of focusing
on the failures and legacy of one particular writer (and I'm a huge
part of why this has been the case, and I'm sorry for that), we should
focus on the issue of representation of various sexualities in our
stories and see if it can inspire us to do better.

Note that assigning an orientation to many of these characters and
their relationships is somewhat reductive. Again, this is mainly to
provoke thought. (Also, not all these people are technically LNHers,
but whatever.)

Also assigning asexuality under the rubric of "queer" is somewhat
controversial, probably. There are a lot of arguments about what
"queer" encompasses. But for simplicity's sake I will.

Frat Boy (Classic) (gay or bisexual)
Outfielder Boy (Classic) (gay)
Lunchbox Lass (Classic) (bisexual)
Groundswell (Classic) (lesbian)
Pantra (LNH20) (maybe bisexual? It's not clear if she's attracted to
woman or if she just flirts with them sometimes to keep them off
balance)
Kid Enthusiastic (LNH20) (asexual and heteroromantic)
Deductive Logic Man (Classic) (asexual and homoromantic or biromantic)
Aeneas Romulus Boddy (Classic) (straight man in an asexual romantic
relationship with another man)
Ultimate Ninja (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)
Kid Kirby (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)
Locked Room (Classic, LNH20) (pansexual)
Green (Classic, LNH20) (non-gender binary)
Tori (LNH20) (non-gender binary)
Private Eye (LNH20) (straight trans man, though I haven't had a chance
to establish this yet)
Professor Penumbra (LNH20) (very fluid)
Constellation (Classic) (Composite being consisting of a man who
becomes romantically involved with another man who may or may not have
become a woman depending on how you look at it)
Chaos Theory (Classic) (Chaos entity of some sort, with everything
that implies)
Masterplan Lad (Classic) (An alien being whose sexuality is probably
hard to understand on our terms, but he demonstrated an attraction to
Chaos Theory, so)
Multiple Personality Lass (Classic) (Composite being in a biologically
female body with at least one lesbian and at least one male component,
in a relationship with a woman)
Jenny Everywhere (Classic) (Extremely complicated)

And one I'm not certain whether or not to include on this list:
Fearless Leader (Classic) (His lack of sexual interest in Ripping
Dancer and his lack of other relationships, apart from a brief
flashback, is conspicuous. He could be gay, asexual, or just kind of
repressed or not interested in sex and romance.)

Possibly we could consider a lot of other characters who are focused
enough on one aspect of their lives that it largely rules out romantic
interaction, such as Mainstream Man and Knife Fight Dude, as asexual.

Adrian (And as you'll find out in issue 50, there's one more character
who belongs on this list)

Dave Van Domelen

Jun 21, 2012, 7:53:44 PM6/21/12
In article <7c133316-2edc-4cb4...@j9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
Adrian J. McClure <mrfant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>And one I'm not certain whether or not to include on this list:
>Fearless Leader (Classic) (His lack of sexual interest in Ripping
>Dancer and his lack of other relationships, apart from a brief
>flashback, is conspicuous. He could be gay, asexual, or just kind of
>repressed or not interested in sex and romance.)

Straight. But very very reluctant to let anyone get too close due to
the whole "my entire reality is dead, including the woman I loved" thing.
Also, he probably takes the whole "no fraternization" thing seriously. Well,
SOMEONE in the military has to, statistically speaking, right?

Kopikat (Classic) is probably in the "complicated" category too, due to
having been forced repeatedly to adapt to body disassociation, plus coming
from a culture where if you weren't one of the brilliant elite you were a
breeder. So she's bound to have some prejudices regarding the idea that only
losers have lots of kids, which is going to do things to her overall
outlook. No clue how the LNH20 version is set up, though.

Per Annum and the Infra-Humanite may or may not be a couple. They'd
definitely deny it if asked, though, being products of their time. Of
course, since all the Goons were guys, one could make an argument that any
female members of the Society of Wireless Heroes were really guys in (not
terribly convincing) drag....

Dave Van Domelen, didn't do much with gender identity in LNH outside of
Constellation's arc with Dot.

Andrew Perron

Jun 21, 2012, 8:37:19 PM6/21/12
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:16:04 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> This is of course by no means a comprehensive list queer LNHers or
> LNHers in queer relationships; I just thought that instead of focusing
> on the failures and legacy of one particular writer (and I'm a huge
> part of why this has been the case, and I'm sorry for that), we should
> focus on the issue of representation of various sexualities in our
> stories and see if it can inspire us to do better.

Ooooooh, interesting.

> Note that assigning an orientation to many of these characters and
> their relationships is somewhat reductive. Again, this is mainly to
> provoke thought. (Also, not all these people are technically LNHers,
> but whatever.)

*nodnods* Fair.

> Also assigning asexuality under the rubric of "queer" is somewhat
> controversial, probably. There are a lot of arguments about what
> "queer" encompasses. But for simplicity's sake I will.

Indeed. Personally, I would've just titled this "LGBTQIAAX7%(Prince symbol)
LNHers".

> Kid Enthusiastic (LNH20) (asexual and heteroromantic)

He might be biromantic, but he hasn't told me either way.

> Deductive Logic Man (Classic) (asexual and homoromantic or biromantic)
> Aeneas Romulus Boddy (Classic) (straight man in an asexual romantic
> relationship with another man)

The perfect way to put it!

> Ultimate Ninja (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)

This makes sense, though the fact that UN *could* fall in love in a
dream... (I don't think I entirely understand how aromantics work, I'll
admit.)

> Kid Kirby (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)

Hm. I don't think I'd really call him aromantic.

> Private Eye (LNH20) (straight trans man, though I haven't had a chance
> to establish this yet)

Neat!

> Chaos Theory (Classic) (Chaos entity of some sort, with everything
> that implies)
> Masterplan Lad (Classic) (An alien being whose sexuality is probably
> hard to understand on our terms, but he demonstrated an attraction to
> Chaos Theory, so)

OTP~

> Multiple Personality Lass (Classic) (Composite being in a biologically
> female body with at least one lesbian and at least one male component,
> in a relationship with a woman)

Who is another component.

> Possibly we could consider a lot of other characters who are focused
> enough on one aspect of their lives that it largely rules out romantic
> interaction, such as Mainstream Man and Knife Fight Dude, as asexual.

Hmmmmm. I wouldn't, necessarily, especially since many such might find
someone through that aspect of their life.

> Adrian (And as you'll find out in issue 50, there's one more character
> who belongs on this list)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, bwahahaha

Adrian J. McClure

Jun 21, 2012, 9:04:58 PM6/21/12
On Jun 21, 8:37 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed. Personally, I would've just titled this "LGBTQIAAX7%(Prince symbol)
> LNHers".

Fair enough. Though unfortunately that symbol is not on keyboards.

> > Kid Enthusiastic (LNH20) (asexual and heteroromantic)
>
> He might be biromantic, but he hasn't told me either way.

I'm still waiting on Lydia/Alice and Victoria to tell me. They
developed quite an intense attachment, which is natural for people who
are under duress together. Is it just a really close friendship, or is
there some degree of sexual/romantic attraction for either or both of
them? One or both of them may well be questioning it themselves, as
they've both been through quite the identity crisis.

> > Deductive Logic Man (Classic) (asexual and homoromantic or biromantic)
> > Aeneas Romulus Boddy (Classic) (straight man in an asexual romantic
> > relationship with another man)
>
> The perfect way to put it!

You know, I have Thoughts about Aeneas and Ferris as a Sherlock Holmes
riff and comparing it to other versions like Moffat's Sherlock, but
that really deserves its own thread. (Too bad K. Michael Wilcox seems
to be off the internet as far as I can tell.)

> > Ultimate Ninja (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)
>
> This makes sense, though the fact that UN *could* fall in love in a
> dream... (I don't think I entirely understand how aromantics work, I'll
> admit.)

Well, he's probably 99.9% aromantic. He'd never pursue a romantic
relationship in real life though he might have fantasies about one.
Actually that makes him a bit like me, for a long time. Though that
may change soon...

> > Kid Kirby (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)
>
> Hm. I don't think I'd really call him aromantic.

Tell me more. I don't know his character as well as some others.

> > Private Eye (LNH20) (straight trans man, though I haven't had a chance
> > to establish this yet)
>
> Neat!

Man, I need to stop coming up with characters and then forgetting
about them.

> > Chaos Theory (Classic) (Chaos entity of some sort, with everything
> > that implies)
> > Masterplan Lad (Classic) (An alien being whose sexuality is probably
> > hard to understand on our terms, but he demonstrated an attraction to
> > Chaos Theory, so)
>
> OTP~

Indeed!

> > Multiple Personality Lass (Classic) (Composite being in a biologically
> > female body with at least one lesbian and at least one male component,
> > in a relationship with a woman)
>
> Who is another component.

Well, besides Alice (another one of the people the faerie assassin who
became Multiple Personality Lass took in after she was cursed to
absorb the minds of everyone she killed), the part of MPLass that was
formerly a Real World Minus One Tom Russell (one of three that have
appeared to date) became involved with a woman named Mary (which is
also, in an interesting coincidence, the name of Real World Tom's
actual wife) who was not part of the MPLass gestalt.

...Teenfactor sure was weird. (I kind of love it.)

> Hmmmmm. I wouldn't, necessarily, especially since many such might find
> someone through that aspect of their life.

And now someone needs to write about the doomed romance of Knife Fight
Man and Knife Fight Lass.

Adrian (not even mentioning Homestuck troll romance)

Lalo Martins

Jun 22, 2012, 12:51:27 AM6/22/12
Cool, thanks for compiling this.

I can speak for my characters I guess...

quoth Adrian J. McClure as of Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:16:04 +0000:

> Pantra (LNH20) (maybe bisexual? It's not clear if she's attracted to
> woman or if she just flirts with them sometimes to keep them off
> balance)

Pantra was originally a semi-WC (technically still is, except the
“writer” in question doesn't write...), and May is openly bi-verging-on-
pan. So yes. When I'm writing her my take is that she's “hedo-sexual”
meaning she'll hit anything she thinks she can get a good time from (in
some cases, it's even enough to get a chuckle from the victim's
embarrassment over the flirting).

> Locked Room (Classic, LNH20) (pansexual)
... stated, as a Jack Harkness reference, but never actually shown.

Minority Miss (Classic, LNH20) (bisexual)
... stated in her first Classic appearance. I've been meaning to give her
a girlfriend forever but it seems I can't be bothered to write her at all
for some reason. Let's just state it for the record the 20 version is
currently in a steady relationship with a TBD female.

Weirdness Magnet and Paraddox (Classic) (pan)
... not sure I ever mentioned this, but was always intended and in a
couple of occasions implied. Doxy mirrors my soft spot for reds and
Asians, WM had a... more interesting life and developed a strong leaning
towards non-humans.

-- Lalo “sapiosexual” Martins

Adrian J. McClure

Jun 22, 2012, 1:17:21 AM6/22/12
On Jun 22, 12:51 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, thanks for compiling this.

You're welcome! We've had some very interesting discussions today.

> Pantra was originally a semi-WC (technically still is, except the
> “writer” in question doesn't write...), and May is openly bi-verging-on-
> pan. So yes. When I'm writing her my take is that she's “hedo-sexual”
> meaning she'll hit anything she thinks she can get a good time from (in
> some cases, it's even enough to get a chuckle from the victim's
> embarrassment over the flirting).

Ah, good, thanks for clearing that up.

> Minority Miss (Classic, LNH20) (bisexual)
> ... stated in her first Classic appearance. I've been meaning to give her
> a girlfriend forever but it seems I can't be bothered to write her at all
> for some reason. Let's just state it for the record the 20 version is
> currently in a steady relationship with a TBD female.

Interesting. I think it should probably be with someone who isn't a
superhero, because we don't have enough civilian love interests and
supporting casts in comics these days, and that kind of POV is one of
the things I've enjoyed writing in past LNH20 stories.

Hmmm. Maybe it's the receptionist...

Or maybe it's Andrea. (She wouldn't talk about her job much,
obviously.)

Adrian (should be asleep by now, but my cat is being highly active)

Lalo Martins

Jun 22, 2012, 1:59:14 AM6/22/12
quoth Adrian J. McClure as of Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:17:21 +0000:

>> Minority Miss (Classic, LNH20) (bisexual)
>> ... stated in her first Classic appearance. I've been meaning to give
>> her a girlfriend forever but it seems I can't be bothered to write her
>> at all for some reason. Let's just state it for the record the 20
>> version is currently in a steady relationship with a TBD female.
>
> Interesting. I think it should probably be with someone who isn't a
> superhero, because we don't have enough civilian love interests and
> supporting casts in comics these days, and that kind of POV is one of
> the things I've enjoyed writing in past LNH20 stories.
>
> Hmmm. Maybe it's the receptionist...
>
> Or maybe it's Andrea. (She wouldn't talk about her job much, obviously.)

Ooooooooh. Hereby official :-P I've been tingling about that character
from her second appearance, thinking there was something more we could do
with her!

"So how's the new job?"

"Oh, it's the worst. All I do is read stuff from a computer. And you
wouldn't believe the people who show up all the time!"

"Sounds terrible!"

"Yeah, but the pay is mediocre."

"You say that like it's a good thing."

"In this economy? Most internships I looked at, the pay is either
ridiculous, or symbolic. When there is any."

"Granted. Are there more pancakes?"

"I hate you, Apoena! How do you eat so much and keep such a hot body?"

"I spend a lot of energy. I can show you later."

-- Lalo “writer non-sense tingling” Martins

Adrian J. McClure

Jun 22, 2012, 7:17:34 AM6/22/12
On Jun 22, 1:59 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ooooooooh. Hereby official :-P I've been tingling about that character
> from her second appearance, thinking there was something more we could do
> with her!
>
> "So how's the new job?"
>
> "Oh, it's the worst. All I do is read stuff from a computer. And you
> wouldn't believe the people who show up all the time!"
>
> "Sounds terrible!"
>
> "Yeah, but the pay is mediocre."
>
> "You say that like it's a good thing."
>
> "In this economy? Most internships I looked at, the pay is either
> ridiculous, or symbolic. When there is any."
>
> "Granted. Are there more pancakes?"
>
> "I hate you, Apoena! How do you eat so much and keep such a hot body?"
>
> "I spend a lot of energy. I can show you later."
>
> -- Lalo “writer non-sense tingling” Martins

...yes.

It's good to have you back.

Adrian (starts writing wiki articles for them both)

Andrew Perron

Jun 22, 2012, 1:05:33 PM6/22/12
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:53:44 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:

> In article <7c133316-2edc-4cb4...@j9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
> Adrian J. McClure <mrfant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>And one I'm not certain whether or not to include on this list:
>>Fearless Leader (Classic) (His lack of sexual interest in Ripping
>>Dancer and his lack of other relationships, apart from a brief
>>flashback, is conspicuous. He could be gay, asexual, or just kind of
>>repressed or not interested in sex and romance.)
>
> Straight. But very very reluctant to let anyone get too close due to
> the whole "my entire reality is dead, including the woman I loved" thing.
> Also, he probably takes the whole "no fraternization" thing seriously. Well,
> SOMEONE in the military has to, statistically speaking, right?

Indeed, indeed.

> Kopikat (Classic) is probably in the "complicated" category too, due to
> having been forced repeatedly to adapt to body disassociation, plus coming
> from a culture where if you weren't one of the brilliant elite you were a
> breeder. So she's bound to have some prejudices regarding the idea that only
> losers have lots of kids, which is going to do things to her overall
> outlook. No clue how the LNH20 version is set up, though.

Well, she did have at least one kid.

> Per Annum and the Infra-Humanite may or may not be a couple. They'd
> definitely deny it if asked, though, being products of their time.

Heeheehee

...hm. @-@ That's certainly an interesting level of meta...

> Dave Van Domelen, didn't do much with gender identity in LNH outside of
> Constellation's arc with Dot.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, notes you more than made up for it in
ASH.

Andrew Perron

Jun 22, 2012, 2:31:36 PM6/22/12
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 01:04:58 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> On Jun 21, 8:37 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Indeed. Personally, I would've just titled this "LGBTQIAAX7%(Prince symbol)
>> LNHers".
>
> Fair enough. Though unfortunately that symbol is not on keyboards.
>
>>> Kid Enthusiastic (LNH20) (asexual and heteroromantic)
>>
>> He might be biromantic, but he hasn't told me either way.
>
> I'm still waiting on Lydia/Alice and Victoria to tell me. They
> developed quite an intense attachment, which is natural for people who
> are under duress together. Is it just a really close friendship, or is
> there some degree of sexual/romantic attraction for either or both of
> them? One or both of them may well be questioning it themselves, as
> they've both been through quite the identity crisis.

Just make sure that, if they break up, neither leaves footprints on anyone
else's brain.

>>> Ultimate Ninja (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)
>>
>> This makes sense, though the fact that UN *could* fall in love in a
>> dream... (I don't think I entirely understand how aromantics work, I'll
>> admit.)
>
> Well, he's probably 99.9% aromantic. He'd never pursue a romantic
> relationship in real life though he might have fantasies about one.
> Actually that makes him a bit like me, for a long time. Though that
> may change soon...

Hm. Which brings up the whole question of how much of these preferences are
due to something fixed and how much are based on decisions...

>>> Kid Kirby (Classic) (asexual and aromantic)
>>
>> Hm. I don't think I'd really call him aromantic.
>
> Tell me more. I don't know his character as well as some others.

Hm. Really, it's just that I don't see any evidence either way.

>>> Multiple Personality Lass (Classic) (Composite being in a biologically
>>> female body with at least one lesbian and at least one male component,
>>> in a relationship with a woman)
>>
>> Who is another component.
>
> Well, besides Alice (another one of the people the faerie assassin who
> became Multiple Personality Lass took in after she was cursed to
> absorb the minds of everyone she killed), the part of MPLass that was
> formerly a Real World Minus One Tom Russell (one of three that have
> appeared to date) became involved with a woman named Mary (which is
> also, in an interesting coincidence, the name of Real World Tom's
> actual wife) who was not part of the MPLass gestalt.

No, no, I mean the woman is another component.

> ...Teenfactor sure was weird. (I kind of love it.)

XD Indeed.

>> Hmmmmm. I wouldn't, necessarily, especially since many such might find
>> someone through that aspect of their life.
>
> And now someone needs to write about the doomed romance of Knife Fight
> Man and Knife Fight Lass.

WOO!

> Adrian (not even mentioning Homestuck troll romance)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, caught up in a black romance~

Andrew Perron

Jun 22, 2012, 2:43:24 PM6/22/12
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 04:51:27 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins wrote:

> quoth Adrian J. McClure as of Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:16:04 +0000:
>>
>> Pantra (LNH20) (maybe bisexual? It's not clear if she's attracted to
>> woman or if she just flirts with them sometimes to keep them off
>> balance)
>
> Pantra was originally a semi-WC (technically still is, except the
> “writer” in question doesn't write...), and May is openly bi-verging-on-
> pan. So yes. When I'm writing her my take is that she's “hedo-sexual”
> meaning she'll hit anything she thinks she can get a good time from (in
> some cases, it's even enough to get a chuckle from the victim's
> embarrassment over the flirting).

Sounds good. XD

> Weirdness Magnet and Paraddox (Classic) (pan)
> ... not sure I ever mentioned this, but was always intended and in a
> couple of occasions implied. Doxy mirrors my soft spot for reds and
> Asians, WM had a... more interesting life and developed a strong leaning
> towards non-humans.

I see, I see *scribble scribble*

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sex-ual healing

Andrew Perron

Jun 22, 2012, 2:43:56 PM6/22/12
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:59:14 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins wrote:

> "Granted. Are there more pancakes?"
>
> "I hate you, Apoena! How do you eat so much and keep such a hot body?"
>
> "I spend a lot of energy. I can show you later."

Argh yes. <3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, moohaha

Tom Russell

Jun 22, 2012, 6:32:51 PM6/22/12
On Jun 21, 9:04 pm, "Adrian J. McClure" <mrfantast...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ...Teenfactor sure was weird. (I kind of love it.)

I was a weird guy back then. :-)

Tom

Adrian J. McClure

Jun 22, 2012, 6:41:56 PM6/22/12
On Jun 22, 6:32 pm, Tom Russell <joltc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was a weird guy back then. :-)
>
> Tom

...Only back then?

Adrian (still as weird as ever)

Scott Eiler

Jun 22, 2012, 9:50:56 PM6/22/12
On 6/21/2012 4:16 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> This is of course by no means a comprehensive list queer LNHers or
> LNHers in queer relationships; I just thought that instead of focusing
> on the failures and legacy of one particular writer (and I'm a huge
> part of why this has been the case, and I'm sorry for that), we should
> focus on the issue of representation of various sexualities in our
> stories and see if it can inspire us to do better.

Recent discussions of Legion of Net.Heroes sexuality have got me
thinking... In Superhuman World 2011, most of the characters' sexuality
is irrelevant. But there are exceptions. I think I have the best ones
here, both straight and other. And I think we all agree, the best part
of the story is not the lurid sex. It's the soap opera romance, some of
which has been undocumented until now.

---

Ellipsis (Stephen Wolcott) and Morningstar (Julie Wolcott): Actively
heterosexual. Married in 1991.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/1988/ellipsis6.rtf ) Separated in
2004. (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2004/politics.htm ) Reunited
in 2006.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/dreamtime.htm#balancequest )

Wyatt Ferguson: Heterosexual but currently inactive. Almost married
Judy Kraaco in 2002. (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/neverwas.htm )
Romantically linked to the Countess Symmetria San Giacomo in 2008.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/devilwar.htm ) Almost married
Judy Kraaco in 2010. (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/judy.htm )

The Hurrier (Erik Katzman): Heterosexual but currently inactive.
Divorced Katerina Katzman in 2008.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/reversal.htm#reversal )

The Powernaut(s): Heterosexual and occasionally active. Romantically
linked to Paula Page in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Married Paula Page
in 1997. Currently single/inactive; location of the modern age Paula
Page is unknown. (oh, you already know where to find Powernaut comics)

Morningstar 1991 (Laura James): Actively heterosexual. Married with,
oh, five children. All boys, I think. As a good Christian woman, she
honors the proper use of the marital bed. (Last seen in 2007.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2007/villainwar.htm#morningstar .)

Swordhand (deceased 2011,
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=discontent4.txt ):
Heterosexual, but needed drugs to counteract erectile dysfunction.
Fortunately his branch of the U.S. Gov had a great health plan. (First
seen in 1991. http://www.eilertech.com/stories/1988/balance9.rtf )

Body Up (former Agents of USIB): Heterosexual, at least typically. The
reader may think a busful of woman-on-woman action is exciting, but too
bad. These ladies are just friends. But each sleeping chamber on the
bus has an expandable bed, to allow for guests of whichever gender.
(2006 account at http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/bus.htm .)

Jimmy Flamer: Bisexual. He's a tabloid sensation, known
internationally.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=britannia_beach.txt )
He often brags of his female conquests, but does not deny the accounts
of men who have shared his orgy bed. He's just friends with Nell the
Waitress, though. Jimmy is a good tipper. (2010 origin at
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/waitress.htm .)

--
(signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ---------

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American. This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.

Scott Eiler

Jun 23, 2012, 2:41:17 AM6/23/12
On 6/22/2012 6:50 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:

> Jimmy Flamer: Bisexual. He's a tabloid sensation, known internationally.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=britannia_beach.txt )
> He often brags of his female conquests, but does not deny the accounts
> of men who have shared his orgy bed. He's just friends with Nell the
> Waitress, though. Jimmy is a good tipper. (2010 origin at
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/waitress.htm .)

I did name checks on Jimmy Flamer, by accident. There is a real Jimmy
Flamer on Facebook, and several search engine sites claim they can find him.

Arthur Spitzer

Jun 23, 2012, 6:26:55 PM6/23/12
On 6/21/12 4:16 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> And one I'm not certain whether or not to include on this list:
> Fearless Leader (Classic) (His lack of sexual interest in Ripping
> Dancer and his lack of other relationships, apart from a brief
> flashback, is conspicuous. He could be gay, asexual, or just kind of
> repressed or not interested in sex and romance.)

I don't think I agree that he hasn't shown any sexual interest in
Ripping Dancer... the first time they met in that ILC issue he showed
some interest... and I'd say he's deeply in love with her...

Will go deeper into this in Beige Midnight #11 (of course that all takes
place on an alternate Looniverse so it won't really affect things much)

> Possibly we could consider a lot of other characters who are focused
> enough on one aspect of their lives that it largely rules out romantic
> interaction, such as Mainstream Man and Knife Fight Dude, as asexual.

But what would Freud say about the Knife Fight Dude? :)

Did have thoughts for a LNH20 series involving Knife Fight Dude and Pope
Lizardsaurus in some buddy superhero type thing... no sexual
tension between the two...

> Adrian (And as you'll find out in issue 50, there's one more character
> who belongs on this list)

You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough Lad enjoys being hit by both sexes, so
he's probably bisexual... :)

Arthur "The Pope and the Godless Knife Fighting Heathen" Spitzer

Andrew Perron

Jun 24, 2012, 12:51:00 PM6/24/12
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:50:56 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> And I think we all agree, the best part
> of the story is not the lurid sex. It's the soap opera romance, some of
> which has been undocumented until now.

Agreed!

> The Hurrier (Erik Katzman): Heterosexual but currently inactive.

"Inactive" is just an interesting way of putting it.

> The Powernaut(s): Heterosexual and occasionally active. Romantically
> linked to Paula Page in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Married Paula Page
> in 1997. Currently single/inactive; location of the modern age Paula
> Page is unknown.

Innnnnnteresting. <3

> Jimmy Flamer: Bisexual. He's a tabloid sensation, known
> internationally.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=britannia_beach.txt )
> He often brags of his female conquests, but does not deny the accounts
> of men who have shared his orgy bed. He's just friends with Nell the
> Waitress, though. Jimmy is a good tipper. (2010 origin at
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/waitress.htm .)

Doubly interesting! The name has a double meaning, then?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, tipping it all~

Andrew Perron

Jun 24, 2012, 12:51:00 PM6/24/12
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:50:56 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> And I think we all agree, the best part
> of the story is not the lurid sex. It's the soap opera romance, some of
> which has been undocumented until now.

Agreed!

> The Hurrier (Erik Katzman): Heterosexual but currently inactive.

"Inactive" is just an interesting way of putting it.

> The Powernaut(s): Heterosexual and occasionally active. Romantically
> linked to Paula Page in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Married Paula Page
> in 1997. Currently single/inactive; location of the modern age Paula
> Page is unknown.

Innnnnnteresting. <3

> Jimmy Flamer: Bisexual. He's a tabloid sensation, known
> internationally.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=britannia_beach.txt )
> He often brags of his female conquests, but does not deny the accounts
> of men who have shared his orgy bed. He's just friends with Nell the
> Waitress, though. Jimmy is a good tipper. (2010 origin at
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/waitress.htm .)

Scott Eiler

Jun 24, 2012, 7:10:46 PM6/24/12
Why yes it does. When I wrote that story I needed a Human Torch
stand-in, the more outrageous the better. But I will admit, this is the
sort of character trait which works best off-panel.

Andrew Perron

Jun 30, 2012, 12:03:16 PM6/30/12
On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 23:10:46 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 6/24/2012 9:51 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:50:56 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>>
>>> Jimmy Flamer: Bisexual. He's a tabloid sensation, known
>>> internationally.
>>> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=britannia_beach.txt )
>>> He often brags of his female conquests, but does not deny the accounts
>>> of men who have shared his orgy bed. He's just friends with Nell the
>>> Waitress, though. Jimmy is a good tipper. (2010 origin at
>>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/waitress.htm .)
>>
>> Doubly interesting! The name has a double meaning, then?
>
> Why yes it does. When I wrote that story I needed a Human Torch
> stand-in, the more outrageous the better. But I will admit, this is the
> sort of character trait which works best off-panel.

Makes sense to me. See, people, this is how you do it.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, arachnid trousers!