LP mud's

已查看 30 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Michael Curtin

未读,
1995年5月4日 03:00:001995/5/4
收件人

I was wondering if anybody out there knows of some Tolkien based LP muds.
I have a couple of addresses for a MUSH mud but I prefer the LP muds.
Thanks in advance for any info.
-Mike Curtin

--
Michael Curtin
mcu...@tcc.oecn.ohio.gov

Steve Tisa

未读,
1995年5月5日 03:00:001995/5/5
收件人
In article <3obh62$8...@acme.freenet.columbus.oh.us>, micu...@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Michael Curtin) says:

>I was wondering if anybody out there knows of some Tolkien based LP muds.
>I have a couple of addresses for a MUSH mud but I prefer the LP muds.
>Thanks in advance for any info.

Try The Two Towers.

empires.stanford.edu 9999

Its new, its big, its complex, its LP, and its all Tolkien.

Christopher Anderson

未读,
1995年5月5日 03:00:001995/5/5
收件人
There is a Diku Mud called MUME (Multi user Middle-earth I think)
its at : lbdsun4.epfl.ch 128.178.77.5 4242

If one of the Mushes you have listed it LotR Mush at like address
140.142.113.151 4201 (or ANY 140..... address) its dead now
I know this because its part mine and I shut it down :)

--Chris (Sagar)

On 4 May 1995, Michael Curtin wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody out there knows of some Tolkien based LP muds.
> I have a couple of addresses for a MUSH mud but I prefer the LP muds.
> Thanks in advance for any info.

Fredrik Ekman

未读,
1995年5月9日 03:00:001995/5/9
收件人
In article <3obh62$8...@acme.freenet.columbus.oh.us> micu...@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Michael Curtin) writes:

I was wondering if anybody out there knows of some Tolkien based LP muds.
I have a couple of addresses for a MUSH mud but I prefer the LP muds.

How about these, taken directly from my Tolkien computer games list
version 1.6d? A slightly earlier version can be found at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/info/tolkien-games.list

Some of the information, btw, is slightly outdated. I'll take care of
this shortly.

Genesis
Year: Tolkien area opened 1988, still running
System: DEC Alpha
IP address: 129.16.226.142 3011 or 129.16.79.12 2000
Name address: hamal2.cs.chalmers.se 3011 or milou.cd.chalmers.se 2000
Type: LP MUD
Comment: The Tolkien area in this MUD was originally based on Ringen,
but has since grown a lot. One earlier version of it has also been
ported to VikingMUD. A very good MUD.

*Middle-Earth
Year: Opened 1991?, closed 1992
Type: LP MUD
Comment: This game was running in the UK. It is rumored to have been
very good.

VikingMUD
Author: Pål-Kristian Engstad <ENG...@marind.ingok.hitos.no> (who no
longer maintains the area), after an original by Hansen
Year: Tolkien area opened 1991, still running
IP address: 129.241.190.14 2001
Name address: viking.pvv.unit.no 2001
Type: LP MUD
Comment: The Moria area in this MUD was originally the same as that of
Genesis, which was in turn based on Ringen. Walk s, [4 e], [4 n], e
from the starting point to get there.

Nanny
Year: Tolkien area opened 1991, still running
IP address: 130.236.254.159 2000
Name address: mud.lysator.liu.se 2000
Type: LP MUD
Comment: Includes two Tolkien areas; one first and one third age. They
are only a very minor part of the total MUD. Walk [7 s], w from the
starting point to get to the Tolkien areas. The first age area has
also been ported to Quovadis.

*Nameless MUD
Year: Still running(?)
IP address: 193.4.210.1 2000
Name address: complex.is 2000
Type: LP MUD
Comment: Has a Mordor area and a Moria area. This MUD is currently down
for reasons unknown.

*RealmsMUD
Year: Still running
System: P5-90
IP address: 198.3.127.200 1501
Name address: realms.dorsai.org 1501
Type: LP MUD
Comment: There is a first age area and two quests within that.

*Nemesis
Year: Tolkien area probably opened 1993, MUD closed 1994
Type: LP MUD
Comment: This MUD used to run in Munich and had a Mordor area. It was
closed due to too much traffic. There are plans to reopen it on
some other site, but no date is yet decided.

Quovadis
Year: Tolkien area opened 1994, still running
IP address: 157.161.1.10 2345
Name address: mud.imp.ch 2345
Telephone: +41 61 9013321 (Switzerland, log on as "lpmud")
Type: LP MUD
Comment: The larger of the Tolkien areas from Nanny MUD is implemented
on this MUD as well. Walk s, w, [7 s], w from the starting point to
get there.

Night's Keep
Year: Not yet officially opened at the time of writing
IP address: 35.8.8.177 7777
Name address: archive.egr.msu.edu 7777
Type: LP MUD
Comment: Night's Keep will be mostly based on Tolkien's world. Because
of problems with finding someone to code the player classes, the
opening of it has been postponed indefinitely. If you know LPC and
would like to help, contact n...@roundtable.msu.edu.

Aurora
Year: Not yet officially opened at the time of writing
IP address: 156.35.41.20 3000
Name address: trono.etsiig.uniovi.es 3000
Type: LP MUD
Comment: A MUD in the building stages with a Middle Earth area among a
few others. It is currently only open for playertesting.

The Two Towers
Year: Not yet officially opened at the time of writing
IP address: 36.73.0.68 9999
Name address: empires.stanford.edu 9999
Type: LP MUD
Comment: Is scheduled to open in December or January.

/Fredrik

Fredrik Ekman

未读,
1995年5月9日 03:00:001995/5/9
收件人

If one of the Mushes you have listed it LotR Mush at like address
140.142.113.151 4201 (or ANY 140..... address) its dead now
I know this because its part mine and I shut it down :)

By the time LOTR MUSH closed, there were rumors of two new MUSHes
that were going to replace it (named LOTR MUSH and LOTR MUSH II,
respectively). What is the current status of these projects?

/F

Steve Tisa

未读,
1995年5月9日 03:00:001995/5/9
收件人
micu...@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Michael Curtin) wrote:

>I was wondering if anybody out there knows of some Tolkien based LP muds.
>I have a couple of addresses for a MUSH mud but I prefer the LP muds.

>Thanks in advance for any info.
>-Mike Curtin

The Two Towers
Its new, its challenging, and its pure Tolkien

empires.stanford.edu 9999
http://www.servtech/com/staff/stisa/towers/index.html

(Home page is still under construction, but accessible)

I apologize if this is a repost...I thought I posted this previously,
but apparently something went wrong.
--
Steve

Fredrik Ekman

未读,
1995年5月16日 03:00:001995/5/16
收件人
In article <3oo0jt$c...@murphy.servtech.com> st...@servtech.com (Steve Tisa) writes:

The Two Towers
Its new, its challenging, and its pure Tolkien

empires.stanford.edu 9999
http://www.servtech/com/staff/stisa/towers/index.html

(Home page is still under construction, but accessible)

Well, not quite. The WWW address should be
http://ww.servtech.com/staff/stisa/towers/index.html

/F

Fredrik Ekman

未读,
1995年5月18日 03:00:001995/5/18
收件人
In article <EKMAN.95M...@kerstin.lysator.liu.se> ek...@lysator.liu.se (Fredrik Ekman) writes:

empires.stanford.edu 9999
http://www.servtech/com/staff/stisa/towers/index.html

(Home page is still under construction, but accessible)

Well, not quite. The WWW address should be
http://ww.servtech.com/staff/stisa/towers/index.html

Or http://www.servtech.com/staff/stisa/towers/index.html even.

Sorry!

/F