Anime is Dead

Nihilis595

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
<sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used
to watch this newsgroup avidly, reading everything. Now I come back for a
bit of nostalgia and I am disgusted. Exactly what I expected: Sailor Moon,
moronic messages (i.e. Black Anime) and messages with HUNDREDS of
murdered by the mainstream. I was filling out a Right Stuf order form when
this epiphany (Joyce would be proud) came to me. Anime is dead!
Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.
I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc. Where the fuck did otakuism and anime
obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.
I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
be saved. Fuck the world.

Locke

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
In article <4l2bjf$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595)
wrote:
> From: nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595)
> Newsgroups: rec.arts.anime
> Subject: Anime is Dead
> Date: 17 Apr 1996 04:54:07 -0400

Ahh, he was even so kind as to leave an email address. How thoughtful....

--
They say the Lord has no sense of humor. I must debate this by virtue of the fact that he created man. What other creature in the world thinks so highly of itself, yet has so little value?

AlberCrombie

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
Nihilis595 (nihil...@aol.com) squawked ::
<"I hate myself and want to die...and take anime with me" stuff snipped>

Just like Chevy Chase said

"Thank you, thank you very much."

AlberCrombie

--==-=-=-=-=-====-==-----===-=-====-----=-==-=-=-=-=-===-=-====-=----===-===
AlberCrombie - Hentai Space Gopher
e-mail: cesn...@starbase.spd.louisville.edu
http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~cesnyd01 -- fansubs available here
_/\ Ranma 1/2 _/\ Maison Ikkoku _/\ Cuety Honey _/\ F^3 \_/ Dragon Pink _/\

"Are you done sqeezing me, yet?!"
- Ranma-chan

ShojoJoe

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
>><sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally
keep
to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used
to watch this newsgroup avidly, reading everything. Now I come back for a
bit of nostalgia and I am disgusted. Exactly what I expected: Sailor Moon,
moronic messages (i.e. Black Anime) and messages with HUNDREDS of
murdered by the mainstream. I was filling out a Right Stuf order form when
this epiphany (Joyce would be proud) came to me. Anime is dead!
Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.
I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc. Where the fuck did otakuism and anime
obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.
I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
be saved. Fuck the world.<<

WOW!! Take a pill, Anime is for everyone ,and not just you . The reason
the news group is different is , because more people are online. And were
have you been , there have always been fans like this . OH...... and watch
your language , kids read this you know!
Joe

Jason Heavensrun

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
to nihil...@aol.com
nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
><sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
>to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used
>to watch this newsgroup avidly, reading everything. Now I come back for a
>bit of nostalgia and I am disgusted. Exactly what I expected: Sailor Moon,
>moronic messages (i.e. Black Anime) and messages with HUNDREDS of
>murdered by the mainstream. I was filling out a Right Stuf order form when
>this epiphany (Joyce would be proud) came to me. Anime is dead!
>Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
>with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
>II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
>buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
>Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
>everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.
>I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
>non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc. Where the fuck did otakuism and anime
>obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
>geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.
>I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
>But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
>be saved. Fuck the world.

If you want my opinion, it's elitist fucks like you that are killing this
group. People come into this group and post because they have questions,
and maybe instead of bitching about how lame they are, maybe you should
try answering their questions, and making them a little -less- lame.
This is not an english composition course, asshole. If somebody picks a
topic you don't like, it doesn't give you the right to consider them
failures. "a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma" Jocks? Moi?
I don't think so. And as for laughing, its a fucking comedy! What do
you want us to do?
Anime is not dead. Anime is popular. You're just so damned proud to be
a fucking rebel, that it pisses you off that anime is no longer your own
little exclusive hobby. It's no longer something you and an elite few
have to yourselves, and now you feel threatened because you've lost
something that you felt made you unique. WAKE THE FUCK UP!! Anime has
become more popular, so it has gained and will continue to gain more
exposure. The more stuff that comes over, the more chance that
-something- will come out that you won't like. Sailor Moon came over.
You and all your whining friends can get over it. I don't like it
either, but I don't force my opinion on people by saying it sucks.
It sounds to me like you've got a serious mad-on for mainstream society,
and that's just really sad. Even those of us who choose not to conform
to the whims of the madmen who decide what 'society' is can afford to
respect it. I don't change my style just because it suddenly becomes
popular. You're pissed off? Well now I'm pissed off. Thank you so
much, now I'm gonna be in a shitty mood for the rest of the day.

--

-Jason Heavensrun
CEO Checkmate Studios, Inc.

Kenji

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:

><sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
>to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used
>to watch this newsgroup avidly, reading everything. Now I come back for a
>bit of nostalgia and I am disgusted. Exactly what I expected: Sailor Moon,
>moronic messages (i.e. Black Anime) and messages with HUNDREDS of
>murdered by the mainstream. I was filling out a Right Stuf order form when
>this epiphany (Joyce would be proud) came to me. Anime is dead!
>Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
>with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
>II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
>buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
>Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
>everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.
>I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
>non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc. Where the fuck did otakuism and anime
>obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
>geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.
>I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
>But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
>be saved. Fuck the world.

Dude, after you kill yourself, I hope more than just your family mourns.
Really.

Gary R. Smith

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
to Nihilis595

Perhaps, but posts like this certainly don't make it a nicer place, now
do they?!?!?!?!??!

Elizabeth HL Horn

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
Yo chill "B."

--Carl "Mind Playin' Tricks On Me" Horn

Chae An

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
In article <4l37io$a...@news.internetmci.com>,
Kenji <Morobos...@ntc.zelcom.com> wrote:
>nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:

[anime is dead, blah blah blah, I wanna kill myself blah blah blah]

>Dude, after you kill yourself, I hope more than just your family mourns.
>Really.

Can I have your stuff after you kill yourself? Thanks!

--C h a e

--
cha...@hom.net cha...@best.com
http://www.best.com/~chaean

Toby

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:

><sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
>to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used

[Utter bullshit snipped to save space]

Another piece of flame bait? Is this guy a friend of the person who
started the "Is anime pornography?" thread?
Yes. Yes.

"There is one sort of a city that's worse than one where the
thieves rule the night streets: the sort where thieves form the
government, and rule night and day".

"Help, help, I'm being repressed!"--Monty Python and the Holy
Grail

Toby Mekelburg
To...@lava.net

PsychoKick

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
[ranting deleted]

Rutabaga.

-PsychoKick

http://crescent.resnet.cornell.edu
School of Hard Nox and other chaos...

otaking

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
we had an schmuck like this post in the anime base on a local board here in
Nashville that anime is perverted and that all anime is just about
"scantily clad" women and had "no storyline".....and when i wrote him backa
full page reply listing exaples of award winning anime storylines and
AMERICAN cartoons with more nudity and graphic content all the little
bastard wrote in reply was "get a life".......it is a shame when people are
that closed minded....they bring us all down with them...

Konya wa Hurricane baby

Otaking

Neil-ohki

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
In article <4l2bjf$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
><sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
>to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day

(*stuff*)

I'm not a regular to this newsgroup either, but it never fails to
shock me that someone can be so possessive about anime. Anime was meant to be
shared, with everyone(Jocks included). Every single person on this NG heard
about anime from someone else(Unless, of course they were lucky enough to
discover it on their own.) For me, Battle of the Planets was my initiation
into anime(NA, that is) and if I hadn't had the memory sparked by a friend
whose older sister happened to have some Gatchaman eps. on tape, I probably
wouldn't have started watching in the same way(or at the same time.)

With the threat of censorship(which could seriously affect anime fans
in North America) just around the corner, I'm suprised that anyone could
possibly be upset about mainstreaming. All we need is for some government
official to decide that anime is "nothing more than porn" and have it....
well, I don't want to think about the possibilities.

How many other people feel this way? Is anime important to us or not?
Are we not otaku? Then, together as otaku, we'll live again!

P.S. I figured it out. He's an AOL'er!

Enrique Conty

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
In article <4l2bjf$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) writes:

>Anime is dead! Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about
>the "cool cartoons" with the girls with big eyes, talking about how
>they loved Street Fighter II and Fatal Fury.

Allow me to laugh at you for a moment. <snicker>

Get a *GRIP*!

If something is good, I mean *truly* good, it will become popular
eventually. (That doesn't mean that bad things won't become popular, tho.)

And if something becomes popular, the hoi polloi will get into it.
It happens, DEAL WITH IT.

If the grunts annoy you, ignore them. That's what I do nowadays.
Their existence does not change the fact that there are still
really good anime being made. Go watch them, and spare me your
petty angst.

>Where the fuck did otakuism and anime obssession encorporated with
>sexual perversions and frustrated computer geeks?

For as long as I can remember, and that
seems to be quite some time nowadays... :-p
--
Enrique Conty | co...@cig.mot.com | http://www.mcs.net/~conty
NuVista+ Mac genlock/video capture board for sale | Wargame stuff for sale!

Mirko Liss

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
In article <4l2bjf$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) writes:
>> <sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
>> to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used

[.. misanthropic blahblah deleted ..]

>> I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
>> But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
>> be saved. Fuck the world.

Obviously, you doesn't like the articles of this newsgroup's subscribers.
I recommend that you'd stop messing with the oh-so denyable Usenet.

Supposingly, you have some friends in your neighborhood with
similar hobbies. It might be more satisfying to talk to them
than to get angry against people you doesn't know.
However, I hope your acquaintances can get along with
your disgusting impoliteness.

regards,

Mirko Liss

Depressed

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Ho Hum. Nihilis, buddy, you take yourself way too seriously. Just because
you watched anime a few months, possibly years before other people, it
does not make you any better to another anime fan. Trust me, your wrong
about it being so popular anyway, I have friends still in High School,
they tell me anime is not talked about at all.

Adam Marshall | Depr...@aol.com|
________________________________
Bean-...@msn.com| Anime/Manga

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2,
Maison Ikkoku, Dragon Quest, Tokyo
Babylon, X, Ah! My Goddess, and anything
I forgot.

@_@ "Kame Hame Ha!"

Matsuura-kun

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
>I like to generally keep
>to myself and watch anime by myself.

Please do that...

>moronic messages

Good example here...

>Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.

>I'm pissed off. Anime is dead.

>But I spit on Sailor Moon. Fuck the world.

I'm sorry... but sorry to say anime is not a "cult" or "underground"
thing like you say.

Are you the kind to lock the doors and watch anime by yourself? Or
get pissed when someone next to you don't get the response that you think
is right at that moment?

You're right then... maybe better for you to keep to yourself and
watch anime by yourself... enjoy, and we'll do that our own way, thank
you very much.

Lawrence Wan |Brown Japanese Culture Association Anime Coordinator
PO Box 3054 |
Brown University | A Dedicated Member Of The
Providence, RI 02912| *** Arimi Fan Club ***
tel. (401) 863-6884 | ****************

Charles Hagmaier

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Jason Heavensrun <s...@okstate.edu> writes:

>If you want my opinion, it's elitist fucks like you that are killing this
>group. People come into this group and post because they have questions,

I object to the characterisation of Mr. Nilhilis as an "elitist fuck".

1) He posts from aol. Never a good sign of elitism. Most elitists whould
shoot themselves before posting from such lame services as aol or delphi.

2) It's clear from his lack of personality or verbal skill that almost
no-one would bother to fuck him. Therefore, the word doesn't quite fit
his persona...

Mitch Hagmaier
Quest Labs

Charles Hagmaier

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Nihilis595 <nihil...@aol.com> writes:

>Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
>with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
>II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
>buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.

Hate to fire spitballs at your balloon, chum, but the fans were always
pimply-faced and lame. And yes, they were occasionally teenaged. The
Internet was never cool, except within an irony-laced cull-de-sac best
described as "geek cool". Finally, the mass media's attention has
passed from the Internet. How peculiar that you pick now, to declaim
it's attention.

Mitch Hagmaier
Quest Labs

Charles Hagmaier

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Chae An <cha...@shellx.best.com> writes:

> Can I have your stuff after you kill yourself? Thanks!

Nah, you wouldn't want any of it. It'll be all sticky, and the
books'll all be dog-eared.

Mitch Hagmaier
Quest Labs

Charles Hagmaier

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
PsychoKick <wt...@cornell.edu> writes:

> Rutabaga.

What about it? It's a wonderful root. My Grandma Libb used to make the
nicest rutabaga pie back on the farm...

Mitch Hagmaier
Quest Labs

dma...@forest.drew.edu

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
In article <4l2bjf$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) writes:
> <sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
> to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used
> to watch this newsgroup avidly, reading everything. Now I come back for a
> bit of nostalgia and I am disgusted. Exactly what I expected: Sailor Moon,
> moronic messages (i.e. Black Anime) and messages with HUNDREDS of
> murdered by the mainstream. I was filling out a Right Stuf order form when
> this epiphany (Joyce would be proud) came to me. Anime is dead!
> Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
> with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
> II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
> buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
> Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
> everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.
> I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
> non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc. Where the fuck did otakuism and anime

> obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
> geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.

> I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
> But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
> be saved. Fuck the world.

Okay....uh...has some valid points when you scrape away the
psychotic and absurd garbage that permeates the above letter.

So what if "jocks" laugh at Ranma? So what if kiddies like the
"cartoons with the cute chicks with big eyes"? (That's how I got started,
by the way), so what if "dorks" are now into anime. You know
what....dorks have ALWAYS been into Anime (no flames, please).

But I understand the lamentation. I'm living in NYC now beause I
go to college here. I'm origionally from Philly. I remember thinking
radio stations would kick ass in NYC because it's the largest radio market
in the world. I thought I would have near infinite variety on my dial.
Well I was wrong. NYC radio sucks. The big, top-40 and "alternative"
stations have crowed out the little guy so as there's nothing but
corporate crap wherever you go. I can see that happening to Anime and I
am a little concerned, too. BUT....I realize that:

1)There is and always will be that strong, fan-based core of Otaku
out there who will bring us the good stuff, even when corporations are
giving us crap.

corillary: don't forget, we are bounded by what JAPAN makes for
our Anime over here. If you're pissed at the quality of stuff, you might
just want to consider the source

2) It's just a fucking hobby so get a life. To say "Fuck the
world" because you're a little upset at the fact that LOTS of people like
anime now, is, well, scary. I don't want to see anime fall on it's face
here, but if it does, I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. In fact,
I might just end up with more money in my wallet.

---Dmambu

Paul Cordeiro

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96

Is this the "@nerdshack.com" otaking who, several months ago, posted
dozens of one-line messages nitpicking people's spelling? If so, let's
hope your attitude has improved while you were away.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
| -_^ PAUL CORDEIRO, self-appointed diehard anime fan. ^_- |
| ^o^ 16 and sittin' strong! ^o^ |
| *_* ---------- *_* |
| Quote o' the week: |
| "Ponpoko: Where else can you see tanuki bouncing on their testes?" |
| Fight o' the week: |
| Fam (Ruin Explorer) vs Nuku-Nuku |

Dwayne Gregory

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
ShojoJoe wrote:

> WOW!! Take a pill, Anime is for everyone ,and not just you . The reason
> the news group is different is , because more people are online. And were
> have you been , there have always been fans like this . OH...... and watch
> your language , kids read this you know!
> Joe

Since they went ahead and changed r.a.a around, it would have been nice to
have put in a section where serious thoughts could be expressed and another
where frivilous, fun thoughts could be expressed. I have nothing against the
"which Ranma babe do you like best" posts, I just hate having to find the
serious posts amoung the fun posts.

Marco De la Cruz

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96

<nihil...@aol.com has some sort of problem>

The irony being, of course, that while the few thoughtful
posts I've seen die silently, this type of trash gets
two dozen follow-ups (including this one).

Perhaps the guy does have a point, after all...

--
_________________________________
ma...@chinook.physics.utoronto.ca

Sorin Damian

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Nihilis595 (nihil...@aol.com) wrote:
[...]

Hmmmm...no comment....

Charles Hagmaier

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Marco De la Cruz <ma...@chinook.physics.utoronto.ca> writes:

>The irony being, of course, that while the few thoughtful
>posts I've seen die silently, this type of trash gets
>two dozen follow-ups (including this one).

Well, this is a simple function of complexity. Moronic
flame-trash is usually very simple, and thus easy to
reply to. The added plus of redundancy in thought means
that any response is traveling along well-worn synaptic
paths. It's easy to follow-up on piffle. The difficult
thing, is to intelligently reply to careful, original
thought. It's the difference between typing and writing.

Mitch Hagmaier
Quest Labs

dma...@forest.drew.edu

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
In article <4l5srd$8...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, depr...@aol.com (Depressed) writes:
> Ho Hum. Nihilis, buddy, you take yourself way too seriously. Just because
> you watched anime a few months, possibly years before other people, it
> does not make you any better to another anime fan. Trust me, your wrong
> about it being so popular anyway, I have friends still in High School,
> they tell me anime is not talked about at all.

Yeah, really.....I would say %90 of the people I talk to have no
idea what Anime is. Or if they've even heard of it, they say "yeah....that
Japanimation stuff is really weird. Why do they draw their eyes so big?"

Anime still has a long way to go before it's "Mainstream". Don't
worry Nihilis....you're still "alternative" if you watch it now. :-P

---Dmambu

Ivan Gluscic

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
Beautiful... need anything else be said?

yf...@ndu.edu wrote:
> If anime is dead, we must be in heaven.

> 801 TTS Airbats
> Akira
> Appleseed
> Arcadia of my Youth
> Armitage III
> Bannou Bunka Neko Musume [Nuku Nuku]
> Barefoot Gen
> Battle Angel
> Black Magic M-66
> Blue Seed
> BGC
> Crying Freeman
> Cutey Honey
> Dangaio
> Devil Hunter YohkoDragon Half
> El Hazard
> Gall Force
> Genesis Survivor Gaiarth
> Go Shogun: The Time Etranger
> Grave of the Fireflies
> Gunbuster
> Marmageddon
> Hyperdolls
> Iria
> KOR
> Luna Varga
> Lupin III/Rupan III
> Macross II
> Macross DYRL
> Macross Plus
> Madox-01
> MD Geist
> Mermaid Forest/Scar
> Metal Fighters Miku
> Moldiver
> My Neighbor Totoro
> My Youth in Arcadia
> Nadia
> OMG
> Otaku no Video
> Patlabor
> Phantom Quest
> Plastic Little
> Project A-Ko
> Ranma 1/2
> RLW
> RG Veda
> Riding Bean
> Sailor Moon
> Sol Bianca
> Tale of Genji
> Tenchi Muyo
> Tokyo Babylon
> UY
> Vampire Hunter D
> Vampire Princess Miyu
> WOH
> YUA
> Zenki

> And many more...

> Phil Yff <yf...@ndu.edu>

> Ne Ross... Watashitachi shininikui n' ja nai yo ne?
> Hey Ros... We'll be hard to kill, won't we?

"And in it's unmaking shall be its salvation."

- Ivan the Wise (1976 - 1996)

Ivan "Glacius" Gluscic (1st year B.Comm) iglu...@chat.carleton.ca

John H Bogan

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
On Apr 17, 1996 04:54:07 in article <Anime is Dead>, 'nihil...@aol.com
(Nihilis595)' wrote:

[lame moaning and groaning snipped]

>Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"
>with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
>II and Fatal Fury. The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a
>buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
>Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
>everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.

>I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
>non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc. Where the fuck did otakuism and anime
>obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
>geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.
>I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.
>But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can

>be saved. Fuck the world.

In other words you long for the days when the only people who
were into anime _AND_ had internet access were pathetic,
anti-social whining losers like yourself, right? Nuts to you,
with Spanky and the boys.

Sounds like it wasn't anime you enjoyed most, but being
part of some little clique where you could one-up people
by having the most toys (which in those days were straight
information on the shows, scripts, synopses, and multi-generation
copies, in addition to books and merchandise).

Personally, I _like_ most of the developments (though most dubbing still
needs to go up many notches on the quality scale).

For all his professed love of otaku-ness, Mr. Nihilis595 doesn't
seem awfully interested in recruiting new ones. Just because
this also adds to the take-it-or-leave-it set, there's no reason
not to try.

And how the hell can anyone posting from AOL complain
about commercialism?! ( Whoops, that's the key. He's a troll)

--
John H Bogan jbo...@nyc.pipeline.com

Lyn Arcega

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96

What exactly would you rather have posted here? Let us know, for your
own sake.
...Yak-yak-yak, and so I go...

Brian N Doan

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
Was this posting the result of not enough dietary fiber? Hmmmm.

Has he tried "new improved Super Colon Blow?"

Brian Doan

Ryo-oh-ki

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
Nihilis595 <nihil...@aol.com> wrote:
:<sigh> I'm not one to post to this newsgroup, as I like to generally keep
:to myself and watch anime by myself. Still, I remember a day when I used
:to watch this newsgroup avidly, reading everything. Now I come back for a
:bit of nostalgia and I am disgusted. Exactly what I expected: Sailor Moon,
:moronic messages (i.e. Black Anime) and messages with HUNDREDS of
:murdered by the mainstream. I was filling out a Right Stuf order form when
:this epiphany (Joyce would be proud) came to me. Anime is dead!

Maybe you mean rec.arts.anime is dead?

:Pimple-faced, lame teenagers now are talking about the "cool cartoons"

:with the girls with big eyes, talking about how they loved Street Fighter
:II and Fatal Fury.

Are you saying that teenagers used to not have pimples nor be lame?

:The internet used to be real cool, but now we've got a

:buch of morons coming from all the mass media attention to the internet.
:Same thing is happening with anime. The mainstream society is out to kill
:everything that is good, capitalising on all that's great. Fuck. It sucks.
:I don't want to wave around 9000 messages, most about mainstream topics,
:non-anime, Sailor Moon, etc.

Mainstreaming is the price you pay for bringing Japanese animation
over to English markets.

:Where the fuck did otakuism and anime

:obssession encorporated with sexual perversions and frustrated computer
:geeks? Now a bunch of fucking jocks are laughing at Ranma. Motherfuckers.

So there was a time when anime was enjoyed by a group of people who
don't like Sailor Moon or Ranma 1/2, don't discuss the slowly
changing attitudes towards non-Japanese or non-Caucasian characters,
don't have pimples, aren't lame, used to be cool Internet users, had
nothing to do with sex and frustration, aren't jocks, and were never
part of the murderous mainstream?

:I'm pissed off. Anime is dead. So now, all you fucking lamers, enjoy it.

:But I spit on Sailor Moon. And I HOPE that maybe a little bit of anime can
:be saved. Fuck the world.

Sounds like someone who didn't get enough Doraemon in his life!

___/^_^\___ Eugene Lee Ryo-oh-ki Muyo! Tenchi
zan...@netcom.com The Memory of Trees

John Troop

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96
While the origionator of this thread was completely without tact, he did have a faint glimmer
of a point somewhere in his ramblings. Basicly, marketing departments and producers are the
spawn of satan. We've all seen what happens to anime when people who claim to be "directors"
and "producers" try to make it more marketable. American animation studios are told to "dumb
down" any show that doesn't completely insult the child audience all animation is automatically
considered aimed at in this country. And for those of us who prefer subs, play a nice little
funeral dirge. They aren't marketable according to the prodcer/marketer crowd.

Truth be known the general audience that these marketers and producers aim at must be about as
comprehending as a broken jar of mayo. Does this market really exist? The most popular and
longstanding american animation was written for an adult audience, and yet all animation must
now be censored, sanitized, and altered to better suit the legions of near illeterate children
our society is raising. Some subbing would do the buggers good, so would some complex
storylines and actual character development.

<ending elitist rant, donning flameproof suit for use when the dubbing interest group gets
ahold of this message)

-Trent

Rob (Rol) Virata

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:

[...]

: --

: -Jason Heavensrun
: CEO Checkmate Studios, Inc.
: http://www.su.okstate.edu/pages/ArtsSciences/sts.htm
: Chairman, Campaign board of Akane for Ranma's Best Babe.
: "Curse those Evil Octipi!"
: -Genma Saotome
: "Please, Ryoga! You couldn't go to the bathroom without gettin' lost!"
: -Ranma Saotome

Yeah!! It's the flame contest!! Who can curse the most and say the
most about each other's lineage. Intersting!!!

Rol
P.S. Why the hell did I post this!

yf...@ndu.edu

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
If anime is dead, I must be in heaven.

Phil Yff <yf...@ndu.edu>

Watashi wa jiuu na no yo... jiuu
Indeed I am free... free...

--The virtuoid Sharon Apple in Macross Plus,
one of many divine anime productions.

Adam Marshall

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
to nihil...@aol.com

Chae An wrote:

> In article <4l37io$a...@news.internetmci.com>,nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
>
> [anime is dead, blah blah blah, I wanna kill myself blah blah blah]

You know, I wanna know where this guy lives. Yousee, everyone who like
anime there is a pimple faced, lame, sexually perverted, stupid, computer
geek jock teenager. Even though that is a contridiction (and a big one).
Evidently, he has perfect complexion, is super cool in everyway, a
genius, computer illiterate, non-jock person who was never a teenager.
Even though that is a contridiction (and a big one). Look, if being being
"altera-cool" is his thing, I wish he would at least go somewhere else to
rave about stuff. I can see why he has never returned here. It's easier
to sit at home, litsen to his cool NIN, "slack", and whine then respond
by argueing a moronic point.

signed,
Adam Marshall, who is 19, is lame, isn't a jock, has a few pimples, and
hates alternative bigots like Nihilis595

Todd Dissinger

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

: Chae An wrote:
: >
: > In article <4l37io$a...@news.internetmci.com>,nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
: >
: > [anime is dead, blah blah blah, I wanna kill myself blah blah blah]

Thank God! Now I can spend my time on important things, like expanding my
gun collection......

Todd D.

Kenji

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

Adam Marshall <Kul...@citynet.net> wrote:

>Chae An wrote:
>>
>> In article <4l37io$a...@news.internetmci.com>,nihil...@aol.com (Nihilis595) wrote:
>>
>> [anime is dead, blah blah blah, I wanna kill myself blah blah blah]
>

>You know, I wanna know where this guy lives. Yousee, everyone who like
>anime there is a pimple faced, lame, sexually perverted, stupid, computer
>geek jock teenager. Even though that is a contridiction (and a big one).
>Evidently, he has perfect complexion, is super cool in everyway, a
>genius, computer illiterate, non-jock person who was never a teenager.
>Even though that is a contridiction (and a big one). Look, if being being
>"altera-cool" is his thing, I wish he would at least go somewhere else to
>rave about stuff. I can see why he has never returned here. It's easier
>to sit at home, litsen to his cool NIN, "slack", and whine then respond
>by argueing a moronic point.
>
>signed,
>Adam Marshall, who is 19, is lame, isn't a jock, has a few pimples, and
>hates alternative bigots like Nihilis595

Whoa, hey! I listen to NIN, don't group all of us with that loser!

Peter Evans

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96
to Kenji

Ugh, I only listen to SEIYUU!!!

o Peter Evans \o/
/|\ ev...@NETural.com |
/ \ http://home.netural.com/~evans/anime.html / \
Work isn't an excuse for skipping anime
Anime is an excuse for skipping work!

Ian James Abbott

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

n article <4lnkdj$i...@lal.interserv.net>, yf...@ndu.edu

(yffp@ndu) writes:
>If anime is dead, I must be in heaven.

Erm, you don't happen to know the number of the Goddess Helpline, do
you?

--
Ian James Abbott (Play: ja...@spuddy.mew.co.uk) | ^,@ RASPBERRY
(Work (also play): i...@perfect.airtime.co.uk) | U \ "Biida!" CORNER

<<Go Go Flower Rangers!>> "We need Pansy Power now! Flower up!"