So *that's* Hild...

Skip to the first unread message

Hand-of-Omega

12 Jul 2003, 04:01:0612/07/2003
Earlier, at a comic shop, saw the new OMG figures...one of which is
Hild, Urd's mom! And boy does she look the part...I can see how the
Almighty had a fling with *her*!^__^

Dex,
hoping to see Rind next...

Ethan Hammond

12 Jul 2003, 04:05:1112/07/2003
"Hand-of-Omega" <smili...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Earlier, at a comic shop, saw the new OMG figures...one of which is
> Hild, Urd's mom! And boy does she look the part...I can see how the
> Almighty had a fling with *her*!^__^

BAM CHIKA BAM BAM!!!! A match made in heaven even.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

AstroNerdBoy

12 Jul 2003, 15:25:2612/07/2003
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<XiPPa.51315$3o3.3...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "Hand-of-Omega" <smili...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Earlier, at a comic shop, saw the new OMG figures...one of which is
> > Hild, Urd's mom! And boy does she look the part...I can see how the
> > Almighty had a fling with *her*!^__^
>
> BAM CHIKA BAM BAM!!!! A match made in heaven even.

In the words of Keiichi, "Could be heaven, could be hell!" ;-)

BTW, nice 70's porno music there Ethan.

AstroNerdBoy

12 Jul 2003, 15:27:5012/07/2003

Tsunami

13 Jul 2003, 01:30:5513/07/2003
While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on 12

Jul 2003 12:27:50 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote:

>smili...@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote in message news:<27420f11.03071...@posting.google.com>...
>> Earlier, at a comic shop, saw the new OMG figures...one of which is
>> Hild, Urd's mom! And boy does she look the part...I can see how the
>> Almighty had a fling with *her*!^__^
>>
>> Dex,
>> hoping to see Rind next...
>
>http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Gallery-Rind.htm
>
>Mmmm...Rind.

By the way, if you look at book 26, her name is spelled Lind.

Tsunami (pedant, I know......)
--
Tsunami

Ethan Hammond

13 Jul 2003, 03:56:3913/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> > BAM CHIKA BAM BAM!!!! A match made in heaven even.
>
> In the words of Keiichi, "Could be heaven, could be hell!" ;-)

Take the risk, TAKE IT!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

> BTW, nice 70's porno music there Ethan.

Hell, thats modern porno music buddy. ^_-

AstroNerdBoy

13 Jul 2003, 16:18:1513/07/2003
Tsunami <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message news:<rir1hv8mu5epdcgrd...@4ax.com>...

:-P

Ah, the joys of romaji! ;-D

Tsunami

13 Jul 2003, 16:59:0013/07/2003
While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on 13

You gotta love it :)

But at least the tankoubon give the names of the characters in
english, removing any doubt about spelling....
Unless it is really stupidly wrong of course. :)

Tsunami
--
Tsunami

AstroNerdBoy

13 Jul 2003, 19:47:0813/07/2003
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<Xg8Qa.52625$3o3.3...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > BAM CHIKA BAM BAM!!!! A match made in heaven even.
> >
> > In the words of Keiichi, "Could be heaven, could be hell!" ;-)
>
> Take the risk, TAKE IT!!!! *SHAKES FIST*
>
> > BTW, nice 70's porno music there Ethan.
>
> Hell, thats modern porno music buddy. ^_-

So desu ka? Well, as the saying goes, you learn something new every
day. Of course now I can't get that bloody 70's porno music out of my
skull!

Ralph Wade Phillips

13 Jul 2003, 21:15:5613/07/2003
Howdy!

> So desu ka? Well, as the saying goes, you learn something new every
> day. Of course now I can't get that bloody 70's porno music out of my
> skull!

90's porno music. Don't forget the soundtrack for the second AMG
OVA ... where Urd appears.

RwP

Ethan Hammond

14 Jul 2003, 02:48:2314/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> So desu ka? Well, as the saying goes, you learn something new every
> day. Of course now I can't get that bloody 70's porno music out of my
> skull!

As it should be.

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

14 Jul 2003, 23:21:1814/07/2003

Early 1990's Japanese muzac = Late 1970's American muzac

Although now with MTV and the internet,
they're fast catching up with the times.

Laters. =)

Stan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | U of Rochester cif.rochester.edu/~stanlee
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Hand-of-Omega

17 Jul 2003, 22:08:0517/07/2003
sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote in message news:<7e562e8e.03071...@posting.google.com>...

> smili...@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote in message news:<27420f11.03071...@posting.google.com>...
> > Earlier, at a comic shop, saw the new OMG figures...one of which is
> > Hild, Urd's mom! And boy does she look the part...I can see how the
> > Almighty had a fling with *her*!^__^
> >
> > Dex,
> > hoping to see Rind next...
>
> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Gallery-Rind.htm
>
> Mmmm...Rind.

Can't really tell, but does she look as young as Skuld?

Nice gallery. When does Keiichi get an angel??

Dex,
who thinks it'd be funny to see and AMG Goddess manifest an Evagelion Angel...^^

iira...@yahoo.com

17 Jul 2003, 23:58:5617/07/2003
On 17 Jul 2003 19:08:05 -0700, smili...@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega)
wrote:

>sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote in message news:<7e562e8e.03071...@posting.google.com>...
>> smili...@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote in message news:<27420f11.03071...@posting.google.com>...
>> > Earlier, at a comic shop, saw the new OMG figures...one of which is
>> > Hild, Urd's mom! And boy does she look the part...I can see how the
>> > Almighty had a fling with *her*!^__^
>> >
>> > Dex,
>> > hoping to see Rind next...
>>
>> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Gallery-Rind.htm
>>
>> Mmmm...Rind.
>>
>Can't really tell, but does she look as young as Skuld?
>>
>> AND, for the Hild folks:
>>
>> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Gallery-Hild.htm
>
>Nice gallery. When does Keiichi get an angel??

During the Rind arc. Rind has two angels and since Hild is sucking the
angels out of the other goddesses, Rind temporarily transferred one
one of hers to K1. Rind got it back at the end of the story arc.

The Rind arc is most Vol.25 and part of Vol.26 of the AMG manga.

>Dex,
>who thinks it'd be funny to see and AMG Goddess manifest an Evagelion Angel...^^

----
Dendarii Free Mercenary Fleet
Daring rescues our specialty.

tito

19 Jul 2003, 14:33:1719/07/2003
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:58:56 +0800, iira...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On 17 Jul 2003 19:08:05 -0700, smili...@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega)
>wrote:
>
>>sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote in message news:<7e562e8e.03071...@posting.google.com>...

>>> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Gallery-Rind.htm
>>>
>>> Mmmm...Rind.
>>>
>>Can't really tell, but does she look as young as Skuld?

....Hey, assuming 'real' aging, shouldn't Skuld already be almost 15
or so by now in the manga?

>>> AND, for the Hild folks:
>>>
>>> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Gallery-Hild.htm
>>
>>Nice gallery. When does Keiichi get an angel??
>
>During the Rind arc. Rind has two angels and since Hild is sucking the
>angels out of the other goddesses, Rind temporarily transferred one
>one of hers to K1. Rind got it back at the end of the story arc.
>
>The Rind arc is most Vol.25 and part of Vol.26 of the AMG manga.
>

>>Dex,
>>who thinks it'd be funny to see and AMG Goddess manifest an Evagelion Angel...^^

I'm still wondering about that pic with Belldandy in the demon outfit
(mmm..) and why she has a little demonangel (imp?) on her...

iira...@yahoo.com

19 Jul 2003, 15:53:4619/07/2003

Well, Hild (Urd's mom) wanted to convert, for lack of a better word,
Bell from goddess to demon. The first step in this plan was to
forcibly extract the angel Holy Bell from Belldandy (Holy Bell's
host) and replace it with the demon equivalent.

The costume change was the result of the demon angel being inserted
to into Belldandy.

Go to http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Front_Page/frontpage.htm and check
out the Synopses part for the story.

AstroNerdBoy

19 Jul 2003, 23:54:1819/07/2003
iira...@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<bm7jhvg1oe4lplm68...@4ax.com>...

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:33:17 GMT, tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:58:56 +0800, iira...@yahoo.com wrote:

<snipped>

<Ethan Mode>

Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*

</Ethan Mode>

;-)

AstroNerdBoy

19 Jul 2003, 23:59:0219/07/2003
iira...@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<nvrehvcfm9ifh22ta...@4ax.com>...

K1 with an angel was so freaking cool! It pays to be loved by goddesses! ;-)

Ethan Hammond

20 Jul 2003, 05:12:5020/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> <Ethan Mode>
>
> Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
>
> </Ethan Mode>
>
> ;-)

The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
goody.

Ethan Hammond

20 Jul 2003, 05:13:2720/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> K1 with an angel was so freaking cool! It pays to be loved by goddesses!
;-)

Yes but DS actually tapped that angel ass where K1 dared not too.

Sea Wasp

20 Jul 2003, 07:48:0220/07/2003

Bell-chan subarashi, SUBARASHI I tell you! *SHAKES FIST*

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Sea Wasp

20 Jul 2003, 07:50:2020/07/2003
Ethan Hammond wrote:
> "AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
>
>><Ethan Mode>
>>
>>Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
>>
>></Ethan Mode>
>>
>>;-)
>

> The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
> Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
> goody.

You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the DIVINE
BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**

Frank White

20 Jul 2003, 08:56:0720/07/2003
In article <m2tSa.63451$0v4.4...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
esha...@worldnet.att.net says...

>"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <Ethan Mode>
>>
>> Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
>>
>> </Ethan Mode>
>>
>> ;-)
>
>The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
>Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
>goody.

Ha! If you think Urd isn't a goody-goody at heart, you
don't know Urd...

FW

Rob Kelk

20 Jul 2003, 15:25:4420/07/2003
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:13:27 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
>>
>> K1 with an angel was so freaking cool! It pays to be loved by goddesses!
>;-)
>
>Yes but DS actually tapped that angel ass where K1 dared not too.

I thought you tapped land cards in order to power angels, not the other
way around. (It's been a long, *long* time since I've played Magic...)

^_^

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> robkelk -at- jksrv -dot- com
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Rob Kelk

20 Jul 2003, 15:26:5820/07/2003
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:50:20 GMT, Sea Wasp <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote:

>Ethan Hammond wrote:
>> "AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
>>
>>><Ethan Mode>
>>>
>>>Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
>>>
>>></Ethan Mode>
>>>
>>>;-)
>>

>> The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
>> Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
>> goody.
>
> You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
> You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the DIVINE
>BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**

Worse yet, he prefers the cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to
the Goddess Who Could Tear Her Apart Without Working Up A Sweat, Just To
Find Out How She Worked...

AstroNerdBoy

20 Jul 2003, 20:05:3120/07/2003
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<m2tSa.63451$0v4.4...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <Ethan Mode>
> >
> > Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
> >
> > </Ethan Mode>
> >
> > ;-)
>
> The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
> Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
> goody.

Have you read the manga? Belldandy gets naughty after one of Urd's
love potions get screwed up. heh!heh! Then there's Peorth, who's
only goal is to bed Keiichi when she first is introduced. Keiichi is
more of a man than I cause I couldn't resist Peorth's advances.
Unlike Urd's attempts in the early mangas, Peorth's attempts didn't
rely on spells but in actually seducing him. Her way of waking K1 up
was...well, you'll just have to read it to see. ;-P

AstroNerdBoy

20 Jul 2003, 20:10:0220/07/2003
fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com (Frank White) wrote in message news:<bfe3h7$tmh$1...@news.fsr.net>...

*lol* Yeah, if she weren't she would have chosen to be a demon and
not a goddess. Still, her demon side does make her naughty and after
all these years, she still wants to see Belldandy and Keiichi hook up
but she accepts their relationship as is.

Personally, I wish the romance would advance where K1 actually asks
Belldandy to marry him. Granted they are like an old married couple
now, but it would spice the romance up (IMO). Then let them get
married and deal with actual marital problems that may arise from
their unique relationship. :-) The Morisato household wouldn't
change because Belldandy has the lock on Keiichi so there's no reason
for Skuld, Urd, or Peorth (assuming she doesn't leave in volume 26) to
leave. Just my opinion though...

AstroNerdBoy

20 Jul 2003, 20:14:1420/07/2003
Sea Wasp <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote in message news:<3F1A8229...@wizvax.net>...

*nods* Not to mention bijin!!!! :-D

Ralph Wade Phillips

20 Jul 2003, 20:26:5020/07/2003
Howdy!

> Ethan Hammond wrote:
> > "AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
> >
> >><Ethan Mode>
> >>
> >>Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
> >>
> >></Ethan Mode>
> >>
> >>;-)
> >

> > The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
> > Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
> > goody.
>
> You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
> You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the DIVINE
> BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**

Well, we just won't invite him or N2 to our next social at the
"Church of Our Blessed Lady BellDandy", then, will we?

Serve HIM right.

RwP

Shaun Baker

20 Jul 2003, 20:37:0420/07/2003
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:26:58 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk)
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:50:20 GMT, Sea Wasp <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote:
>
>>Ethan Hammond wrote:

>>> The only character I slightly liked in Ah Megami sama was Urd.
>>> Cause she was the only on in the OAV's who wasn't goody
>>> goody.
>>
>> You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
>> You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the DIVINE
>>BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**
>
>Worse yet, he prefers the cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to
>the Goddess Who Could Tear Her Apart Without Working Up A Sweat, Just To
>Find Out How She Worked...

Beyond the OAV's - Belldandy stands up to and opposes the almighty if
she feels the situation warrants it - by definition that's not being
good(of course it always works out better because she did). She is
also known to suffer from jealousy and it's better to be elsewhere
when that happens.

She's also had her mind partially erased (atleast) twice - she may
have been a really big (and powerful) radical with Celestine before
she granted K's wish(which is after the first known mind alteration).

Urd can certainly be interesting, the story of her first time with her
'angel' may have been the best single issue story so far. I wish we'd
get more good/evil conflict with her as opposed to the good and/or bad
Urd stories.

Shaun

Ethan Hammond

21 Jul 2003, 03:58:1321/07/2003
"Sea Wasp" <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote in message

> You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
> You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the DIVINE
> BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**

Bell is boring, BORING!!!! *SHAKES FIST*
The best divine anime girl is Michael chan from Bastard,
but Nuku Nuku is the bestest!!!!

Ethan Hammond

21 Jul 2003, 04:01:4921/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> Have you read the manga? Belldandy gets naughty after one of Urd's
> love potions get screwed up. heh!heh! Then there's Peorth, who's
> only goal is to bed Keiichi when she first is introduced. Keiichi is
> more of a man than I cause I couldn't resist Peorth's advances.
> Unlike Urd's attempts in the early mangas, Peorth's attempts didn't
> rely on spells but in actually seducing him. Her way of waking K1 up
> was...well, you'll just have to read it to see. ;-P

Thats okay I don't like the series enough to read the manga.
*GOES BACK TO WAITING FOR BASTARD 23*
*sighs*

Ethan Hammond

21 Jul 2003, 03:58:5121/07/2003
"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> Worse yet, he prefers the cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to
> the Goddess Who Could Tear Her Apart Without Working Up A Sweat, Just To
> Find Out How She Worked...

Damn hatefull vikings. *SHAKES FIST*

Ethan Hammond

21 Jul 2003, 03:59:5921/07/2003
"Ralph Wade Phillips" <ral...@techie.com> wrote in message

> Well, we just won't invite him or N2 to our next social at the
> "Church of Our Blessed Lady BellDandy", then, will we?
>
> Serve HIM right.

Yay no cult meeting for me.

Ethan Hammond

21 Jul 2003, 04:02:5621/07/2003
"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> >Yes but DS actually tapped that angel ass where K1 dared not too.
>
> I thought you tapped land cards in order to power angels, not the other
> way around. (It's been a long, *long* time since I've played Magic...)
>
> ^_^

*cringes* *GIVES ROB SOME DIRECT DAMAGE!!!!* ^_-

5parrowhawk

21 Jul 2003, 04:57:4021/07/2003
Ethan Hammond wrote:
> "Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>
>>>Yes but DS actually tapped that angel ass where K1 dared not too.
>>
>>I thought you tapped land cards in order to power angels, not the other
>>way around. (It's been a long, *long* time since I've played Magic...)
>>
>>^_^
>

> *cringes* *GIVES ROB SOME DIRECT DAMAGE!!!!* ^_-

*hands Rob a Fork* Use it wisely ;)

- 5parrow

Ethan Hammond

21 Jul 2003, 05:04:3021/07/2003
"5parrowhawk" <remove...@nathuangatsingnet.com.sg> wrote in message

> *hands Rob a Fork* Use it wisely ;)

Oh no!!!! *waits for it*

Frank White

21 Jul 2003, 08:53:4121/07/2003
In article <p2NSa.65160$0v4.4...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
esha...@worldnet.att.net says...

>"Sea Wasp" <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote in message
>>
>> You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
>> You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the DIVINE
>> BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**
>
>Bell is boring, BORING!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

I don't see how being in the presence of someone whose
serenity and sublime sweetness would ease your pain
could be boring, but to each his own.

FW

Frank White

21 Jul 2003, 09:32:2521/07/2003
In article <4eamhvgbtdu3dc3l1...@4ax.com>,
Endle...@att.net says...

>On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:26:58 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk)
>wrote:

>>> You blasphemer, BLASPHEMER I SAY! **SHAKES FIST**
>>> You prefer a cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to the
DIVINE
>>>BELLDANDY? The INJUSTICE OF IT! **SHAKES FIST AGAIN**
>>
>>Worse yet, he prefers the cat-brained collection of nuts and bolts to
>>the Goddess Who Could Tear Her Apart Without Working Up A Sweat, Just
>>Find Out How She Worked...

Skuld?

>Beyond the OAV's - Belldandy stands up to and opposes the almighty if
>she feels the situation warrants it - by definition that's not being
>good(of course it always works out better because she did). She is
>also known to suffer from jealousy and it's better to be elsewhere
>when that happens.

This is true, but it's not as if she MEANS to cause harm. As we
saw with the girl exorcist who became convinced Keiichi was
'demon-haunted' (she correctly identified that he was surrounded
by supernatural forces, but errored in thinking it was from the
other end of the spectrum) and tried to 'exorcise' him, when Bell
becomes jealous she often doesn't understand what's happening.
And her powers tend to unconsciously leak out the more jealous
she gets, causing havok all round her while she remains oblivious
to the fact that she's the one causing it.

FW

tito

21 Jul 2003, 11:55:3421/07/2003
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 03:54:20 +0000 (UTC), arro...@violet.rahul.net
(Ken Arromdee) wrote:

>In article <4eamhvgbtdu3dc3l1...@4ax.com>,

>Shaun Baker <Endle...@att.net> wrote:
>>Beyond the OAV's - Belldandy stands up to and opposes the almighty if
>>she feels the situation warrants it - by definition that's not being
>>good(of course it always works out better because she did).
>

>Why isn't that being good?

Often it *is* being good. Kamisama for the most part is a pretty wise
guy, but... well, honestly he's not omnipotent. ^^;

>Just because he's called Kami-sama doesn't mean he's the Judeo-Christian
>God.

One of the common misconceptions. I'd wager, if Kamisama was given a
woman's voice in the OAV, everyone would've began the rumor it was the
Japanese Sun Goddess.

Still, considering that (angels nonwithstanding) there aren't many
Christian references in OMG anyway....

[Another misconception from the OAV created is t hat the Almightly is
literally the 3 Goddesses' _father_.]

Tsunami

21 Jul 2003, 14:07:4221/07/2003
While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on 21

And it is obvious that Ethan has _so much_ pain to ease....^_^
All that fist shaking, RSI here he comes ^_^

Tsunami
--
Tsunami

AstroNerdBoy

21 Jul 2003, 15:33:2821/07/2003
fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com (Frank White) wrote in message news:<bfgq19$100v$5...@news.fsr.net>...

Ethan doesn't know it, but Belldandy's jealousy storm destroyed Nuku
Nuku. BWAH!HA!HA!HA!HA! *snorts loudly*

-E

;-D

AstroNerdBoy

21 Jul 2003, 15:43:2021/07/2003
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<N5NSa.65163$0v4.4...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Have you read the manga? Belldandy gets naughty after one of Urd's
> > love potions get screwed up. heh!heh! Then there's Peorth, who's
> > only goal is to bed Keiichi when she first is introduced. Keiichi is
> > more of a man than I cause I couldn't resist Peorth's advances.
> > Unlike Urd's attempts in the early mangas, Peorth's attempts didn't
> > rely on spells but in actually seducing him. Her way of waking K1 up
> > was...well, you'll just have to read it to see. ;-P
>
> Thats okay I don't like the series enough to read the manga.
> *GOES BACK TO WAITING FOR BASTARD 23*
> *sighs*

The manga is so good, SO GOOD! Read it, READ IT! *SHAKES 2 FISTS*

;-)

Actually, the series isn't for everyone. Certainly at times it has
gotten...slow. But Fujishima-san can draw, not only babes, but
detailed things like various vehicles, city settings, etc. The detail
just astounds me. Plus, how can you *not* be moved by this:

http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Group/group-v24c155.jpg

:-P

And this is what Hild-sama will look like after she takes Nuku Nuku
away from you!

http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Hild/hild-v22c136-2.jpg

;-D

AstroNerdBoy

21 Jul 2003, 21:26:5921/07/2003
Tsunami <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message news:<mtaohv8320mskk36r...@4ax.com>...

Don't forget about those painful claw marks all over his body. ;-) I
feel the sting just thinking about it!

Josh Dull

21 Jul 2003, 15:23:4121/07/2003
"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote

> One of the common misconceptions. I'd wager, if Kamisama was given a
> woman's voice in the OAV, everyone would've began the rumor it was the
> Japanese Sun Goddess.

I always thought he was Odin myself. But I might be the only one to make
that assumption.

Josh

Shaun Baker

21 Jul 2003, 22:09:3721/07/2003
(Ken Arromdee) wrote:

>In article <4eamhvgbtdu3dc3l1...@4ax.com>,
>Shaun Baker <Endle...@att.net> wrote:

>>Beyond the OAV's - Belldandy stands up to and opposes the almighty if
>>she feels the situation warrants it - by definition that's not being
>>good(of course it always works out better because she did).
>

>Why isn't that being good?
>

>Just because he's called Kami-sama doesn't mean he's the Judeo-Christian
>God.

While I won't argue the Judeo-Christian concept of the almight
probably creeps in when I read this, I don't view them as the same. I
certainly get the impression he is supposed to be good and right.
When Belldandy has opposed him it's always been for emotional reasons,
an emotional attachment that the almighty(and most likely most of the
other gods/goddesses) does not have.

Shaun

Ralph Wade Phillips

22 Jul 2003, 00:20:1822/07/2003
Howdy!

"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 03:54:20 +0000 (UTC), arro...@violet.rahul.net
> (Ken Arromdee) wrote:

> >Just because he's called Kami-sama doesn't mean he's the Judeo-Christian
> >God.
>
> One of the common misconceptions. I'd wager, if Kamisama was given a
> woman's voice in the OAV, everyone would've began the rumor it was the
> Japanese Sun Goddess.

*blink* !I! always considered him Odin, Wotan, or the AllFather -
whatever name you wish to give him. After all, his daughters are the three
Norns, he oversees Yggsdrill (pardon the bad spelling!), and one of his
daughters uses Daughter-of-Mjolnir ...

But that was me, I guess.

> Still, considering that (angels nonwithstanding) there aren't many
> Christian references in OMG anyway....
>
> [Another misconception from the OAV created is t hat the Almightly is
> literally the 3 Goddesses' _father_.]

Well, it's also in the translation from Dark Horse ... See "Mystery
Child" TPB for an example (when Urd is talking to the All-Father.)

RwP

I_Love...@webtv.net

22 Jul 2003, 02:48:5922/07/2003

"The Almighty" has been revealed to be the father of the Norns only in
the Dark Horse/Studio Proteus edition of the manga & the English
language dub of the OAV. This is not the case in the original
Japanese language. We have never been told what his name is.
"Kami-Sama" is a title.

And humanoid figures with wings (angels) predate both Christianity and
Judaism.

What I found disconcerting was seeing Belldandy wearing a cross (of all
things) in some fairly recent issue. Also Naru Narusegawa of Love Hina
wears one too. Looks like crosses seem to be pretty popular as a piece
of jewelry in Asia now, instead of being just a religious symbol. No
more than one percent of Japanese consider themselves to be Christians.

That is unless anybody thinks Belldandy really is a Christian? :-)

Ethan Hammond

22 Jul 2003, 03:53:1022/07/2003
"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message

> >Bell is boring, BORING!!!! *SHAKES FIST*
>
> I don't see how being in the presence of someone whose
> serenity and sublime sweetness would ease your pain
> could be boring, but to each his own.

Exactly she is too sweet and kind.

Ethan Hammond

22 Jul 2003, 03:53:4222/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> Ethan doesn't know it, but Belldandy's jealousy storm destroyed Nuku
> Nuku. BWAH!HA!HA!HA!HA! *snorts loudly*

Damn commie propaganda and lies, LIES!!!!

Ethan Hammond

22 Jul 2003, 03:59:0822/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> The manga is so good, SO GOOD! Read it, READ IT! *SHAKES 2 FISTS*

Mayhaps!!!!

> ;-)
>
> Actually, the series isn't for everyone. Certainly at times it has
> gotten...slow. But Fujishima-san can draw, not only babes, but
> detailed things like various vehicles, city settings, etc. The detail
> just astounds me. Plus, how can you *not* be moved by this:
>
> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Group/group-v24c155.jpg
>
> :-P

Cool.

> And this is what Hild-sama will look like after she takes Nuku Nuku
> away from you!
>
> http://g2g.iverse.com/AMG/Gallery/Hild/hild-v22c136-2.jpg
>
> ;-D

Damn she is trying to be a cat girl to trick me into letting my gaurd
down!!!! NEVER!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

Ethan Hammond

22 Jul 2003, 03:59:3522/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> Don't forget about those painful claw marks all over his body. ;-) I
> feel the sting just thinking about it!

I assume she is declawed.

Ethan Hammond

22 Jul 2003, 03:56:0422/07/2003
"Tsunami" <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message

> >I don't see how being in the presence of someone whose
> >serenity and sublime sweetness would ease your pain
> >could be boring, but to each his own.
>
> And it is obvious that Ethan has _so much_ pain to ease....^_^

Its true sniff, but I want it eased by Nuku Nuku!!!!
*SHAKES FIST*

> All that fist shaking, RSI here he comes ^_^

What is RSI?

David Crowe

22 Jul 2003, 04:36:4722/07/2003

Why is there a contradiction here? I'm sure she loves Jesus as much as
she loves everyone else! :)

--
David "No Nickname" Crowe jet...@getnet.net Website being moved again

"YES! FINALLY! I got the guy that's been shooting chicken rockets at
us all night!" -Agent X, the Agent X/Fight-Man team up issue

Rob Kelk

22 Jul 2003, 08:46:1222/07/2003
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:53:42 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Ethan doesn't know it, but Belldandy's jealousy storm destroyed Nuku
>> Nuku. BWAH!HA!HA!HA!HA! *snorts loudly*
>
>Damn commie propaganda and lies, LIES!!!!

Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was before!
(Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> robkelk -at- jksrv -dot- com
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)
"When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of
childishness and the desire to be very grown-up." - C.S. Lewis, 1947

John C. Watson

22 Jul 2003, 09:26:4622/07/2003
On 07/22/2003 3:56, in article
o66Ta.66361$3o3.4...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> "Tsunami" <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> I don't see how being in the presence of someone whose
>>> serenity and sublime sweetness would ease your pain
>>> could be boring, but to each his own.
>>
>> And it is obvious that Ethan has _so much_ pain to ease....^_^
>
> Its true sniff, but I want it eased by Nuku Nuku!!!!
> *SHAKES FIST*
>
>> All that fist shaking, RSI here he comes ^_^
>
> What is RSI?

Repetitive Strain Injury.

<http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html>

Ciao,
John

--
John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division

"Shuraku-tai--hasshin!"

tito

22 Jul 2003, 12:37:0122/07/2003
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:23:41 GMT, "Josh Dull" <cd...@woh.rr.com>
wrote:

Considering also the program used in the OMG movie was the Gungir
Spear...

tito

22 Jul 2003, 12:37:0922/07/2003
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:20:18 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
<ral...@techie.com> wrote:

>Howdy!
>
>"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 03:54:20 +0000 (UTC), arro...@violet.rahul.net
>> (Ken Arromdee) wrote:
>
>> >Just because he's called Kami-sama doesn't mean he's the Judeo-Christian
>> >God.
>>
>> One of the common misconceptions. I'd wager, if Kamisama was given a
>> woman's voice in the OAV, everyone would've began the rumor it was the
>> Japanese Sun Goddess.
>
> *blink* !I! always considered him Odin, Wotan, or the AllFather -
>whatever name you wish to give him. After all, his daughters are the three
>Norns, he oversees Yggsdrill (pardon the bad spelling!), and one of his
>daughters uses Daughter-of-Mjolnir ...
>
> But that was me, I guess.

*nod* Of course then you get into to position of whether that means
_Odin_ is the Almighty, or whether that makes him God... or if there
IS a God in the OMG verse...

(Thank god Keiichi seems to be a Bhuddist eh?)

>> Still, considering that (angels nonwithstanding) there aren't many
>> Christian references in OMG anyway....
>>
>> [Another misconception from the OAV created is t hat the Almightly is
>> literally the 3 Goddesses' _father_.]
>
> Well, it's also in the translation from Dark Horse ... See "Mystery
>Child" TPB for an example (when Urd is talking to the All-Father.)
>
> RwP

Heh. I'm gonna go fanboy here and mention that apparently isn't as
obvious in the original manga. :)

Josh Dull

22 Jul 2003, 12:47:2622/07/2003
"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote

> Considering also the program used in the OMG movie was the Gungir
> Spear...

I forgot about that.
Mainly I was thinking of the Yggdrasil system and Belldandy, Skuld, and Urd
who share names with the Norns.

Josh

VermeS

22 Jul 2003, 13:08:4622/07/2003
tito wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:20:18 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
> <ral...@techie.com> wrote:
>>Howdy!
>>
>>"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message

>>>One of the common misconceptions. I'd wager, if Kamisama was given a
>>>woman's voice in the OAV, everyone would've began the rumor it was the
>>>Japanese Sun Goddess.
>>
>> *blink* !I! always considered him Odin, Wotan, or the AllFather -
>>whatever name you wish to give him. After all, his daughters are the three
>>Norns, he oversees Yggsdrill (pardon the bad spelling!), and one of his
>>daughters uses Daughter-of-Mjolnir ...
>>
>> But that was me, I guess.
>
> *nod* Of course then you get into to position of whether that means
> _Odin_ is the Almighty, or whether that makes him God... or if there
> IS a God in the OMG verse...
>
> (Thank god Keiichi seems to be a Bhuddist eh?)

"Yeesh. It's not like I joined your dumb religion..."
-- Keiichi thinking in "Wrong Number" chapter "A man's home is
his...temple?" about (zen?)Buddhism.

Yeah okay maybe he's shin buddhist or something.
--
Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

AstroNerdBoy

22 Jul 2003, 15:52:0822/07/2003
rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote in message news:<3f1d31d...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:53:42 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
> <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Ethan doesn't know it, but Belldandy's jealousy storm destroyed Nuku
> >> Nuku. BWAH!HA!HA!HA!HA! *snorts loudly*
> >
> >Damn commie propaganda and lies, LIES!!!!
>
> Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was before!
> (Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)

Of course Ethan will then have to compete with Banpei to win the
all-new Nuku Nuku's affections. heh!heh!

Peter L. Ward

22 Jul 2003, 21:41:5522/07/2003
On 22 Jul 2003 12:52:08 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
wrote:

>> Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was before!
>> (Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)
>
>Of course Ethan will then have to compete with Banpei to win the
>all-new Nuku Nuku's affections. heh!heh!

Or alternately (no pun intended), Ethan would have to compete with
Sigel for Nuku Nuku's affections >:-)

Peter L. Ward
change "no" to "plward" and "spam" to "prodigy" to reply

Studio Stormfalcon
http://pages.prodigy.net/plward/

"Aaaah! They're so cute, but who the heck cares!"
- Excel

AstroNerdBoy

23 Jul 2003, 01:51:0123/07/2003
n...@spam.net (Peter L. Ward) wrote in message news:<3f1de73c...@news.prodigy.net>...

> On 22 Jul 2003 12:52:08 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
> wrote:
>
> >> Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was before!
> >> (Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)
> >
> >Of course Ethan will then have to compete with Banpei to win the
> >all-new Nuku Nuku's affections. heh!heh!
>
> Or alternately (no pun intended), Ethan would have to compete with
> Sigel for Nuku Nuku's affections >:-)
>
> Peter L. Ward

*LOL* That may well be true. No Urd Bolts for you then. ;-D

AstroNerdBoy

23 Jul 2003, 01:56:0423/07/2003
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<G36Ta.66357$3o3.4...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
> >
> > >Bell is boring, BORING!!!! *SHAKES FIST*
> >
> > I don't see how being in the presence of someone whose
> > serenity and sublime sweetness would ease your pain
> > could be boring, but to each his own.
>
> Exactly she is too sweet and kind.

Until Nuku Nuku tries to make a move on K1. Then she'll kick but and
take names. Heck, she even stood up to Hild who's the leader of hell
when she got a little to "flirty" with her man. Hild would have wiped
the floor with Bell in a fight but she didn't press the issue.
heh!heh!

AstroNerdBoy

23 Jul 2003, 02:01:2823/07/2003
tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message news:<c5c284b68a0f491b...@free.teranews.com>...

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:20:18 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
> <ral...@techie.com> wrote:
>
> >Howdy!
> >
> >"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message

> >> One of the common misconceptions. I'd wager, if Kamisama was given a
> >> woman's voice in the OAV, everyone would've began the rumor it was the
> >> Japanese Sun Goddess.
> >
> > *blink* !I! always considered him Odin, Wotan, or the AllFather -
> >whatever name you wish to give him. After all, his daughters are the three
> >Norns, he oversees Yggsdrill (pardon the bad spelling!), and one of his
> >daughters uses Daughter-of-Mjolnir ...
> >
> > But that was me, I guess.
> >

> *nod* Of course then you get into to position of whether that means
> _Odin_ is the Almighty, or whether that makes him God... or if there
> IS a God in the OMG verse...

As I understand it, they refer to "God" in the original manga as
"Kami-sama" -- Lord God. Of course I can't read Japanese and am
relying on someone else, but I trust them so...

> (Thank god Keiichi seems to be a Bhuddist eh?)
>

> >> Still, considering that (angels nonwithstanding) there aren't many
> >> Christian references in OMG anyway....
> >>
> >> [Another misconception from the OAV created is t hat the Almightly is
> >> literally the 3 Goddesses' _father_.]
> >
> > Well, it's also in the translation from Dark Horse ... See "Mystery
> >Child" TPB for an example (when Urd is talking to the All-Father.)
> >
> > RwP
>
> Heh. I'm gonna go fanboy here and mention that apparently isn't as
> obvious in the original manga. :)

Yeah, I would agree with that from what I understand. Studeo Proteus
takes a lot of liberties at times with their English scripts.
Sometimes it helps flesh out the situation and sometimes it changes
it. But except for the flipped images in the DH releases (which
sometimes aren't flipped causing a character to change hairstyles
repeatedly in the same book), I don't mind.

Ethan Hammond

23 Jul 2003, 04:34:3023/07/2003
"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was before!
> (Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)

Noooo, Skuld must be stopped, no matter the cost!!!!
*SHAKES FIST* Booo to Dash, BOOO!!!!

Ethan Hammond

23 Jul 2003, 04:37:1123/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> > Exactly she is too sweet and kind.
>
> Until Nuku Nuku tries to make a move on K1. Then she'll kick but and
> take names. Heck, she even stood up to Hild who's the leader of hell
> when she got a little to "flirty" with her man. Hild would have wiped
> the floor with Bell in a fight but she didn't press the issue.
> heh!heh!

Nuku Nuku would never evvvverrrr go after that idgit K1.
*SHAKES FIST*

Ethan Hammond

23 Jul 2003, 04:39:4823/07/2003
"John C. Watson" <jwat...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Repetitive Strain Injury.
>
> <http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html>

Does Carpel Tunnel count?

Rob Kelk

23 Jul 2003, 08:30:2323/07/2003
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:34:30 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was before!
>> (Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)
>
>Noooo, Skuld must be stopped, no matter the cost!!!!
>*SHAKES FIST* Booo to Dash, BOOO!!!!

Well, Skuld, you heard Ethan - no more Nuku-Nuku...

Frank White

23 Jul 2003, 09:20:0323/07/2003
In article <3f1e7fc...@news.cis.dfn.de>, rob...@deadspam.com
says...

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:34:30 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
><esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Don't worry, Ethan - Skuld can rebuild her, better than she was
before!
>>> (Hey, Skuld - go with the green hair! He'll like that!)
>>
>>Noooo, Skuld must be stopped, no matter the cost!!!!
>>*SHAKES FIST* Booo to Dash, BOOO!!!!
>
>Well, Skuld, you heard Ethan - no more Nuku-Nuku...

No matter, we can get Washuu to do it! It will have to
be OAV Washuu, not TV Washuu, or God knows what result...

And even if we DO get OAV Washuu, Nuku-Nuku may wind up
with flight and built in energy weapons capacity...

FW

Frank White

23 Jul 2003, 09:23:5323/07/2003
In article <W8eTa.565$HC4...@reader1.news.jippii.net>,
vermes@[NoSpam]netti.fi says...

He's a Belldandyist.

I can think of worse altars to worship at.

FW

Tsunami

23 Jul 2003, 12:06:0523/07/2003
While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:37:11 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

He can't be much of an idgit, have you seen his girfriend? And for
that matter he has been through Japanese university, so I would say,
probably not an idgit ^_^

Tsunami
--
Tsunami

Tsunami

23 Jul 2003, 12:07:3023/07/2003
While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:39:48 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"John C. Watson" <jwat...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Repetitive Strain Injury.
>>
>> <http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html>
>
>Does Carpel Tunnel count?

AFIK, it is the same thing.

Tsunami
--
Tsunami

tito

23 Jul 2003, 13:35:1723/07/2003
On 22 Jul 2003 23:01:28 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
wrote:

And for the most part they're sort of side technicalities not worth
stressing about. :) So I don't go all DWatson on em...

> But except for the flipped images in the DH releases (which
>sometimes aren't flipped causing a character to change hairstyles
>repeatedly in the same book), I don't mind.

Which story arc are they up to anyway? *eager to see Rind*

tito

23 Jul 2003, 13:37:3023/07/2003
On 23 Jul 2003 13:23:53 GMT, fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com (Frank White)
wrote:

Ack. >> Heh. I only got the impression from the Bhudda statue he seems
to keep in the garage in MiniOMG. Think Urd turns it to life and it
ends up being a really pompous religious nut. :D

>>Yeah okay maybe he's shin buddhist or something.

Hm, how many faith HAVE been referenced in OMG anyway?

iira...@yahoo.com

23 Jul 2003, 15:35:4923/07/2003
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:35:17 GMT, tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:

>Which story arc are they up to anyway? *eager to see Rind*

They just finished the one about the ghost of Chihiro's old bike
racing every vehicle that comes down the road where it went over
the cliff. Chapter 113 in the original Japanese numbering.

That is the first chapter of Vol. 19 Rind does not appear until
Vol. 25.
----
Dendarii Free Mercenary Fleet
Daring rescues our specialty.

Rob Kelk

23 Jul 2003, 18:22:0223/07/2003
On 23 Jul 2003 13:20:03 GMT, fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com (Frank White)
wrote:

>In article <3f1e7fc...@news.cis.dfn.de>, rob...@deadspam.com

But can you deal with having to call her "Little Nuku-Nuku"? ^_^

5parrowhawk

23 Jul 2003, 21:58:0223/07/2003
tito wrote:

My $.02 in opinion form: When you use the word "Kami-sama" in Japan,
you're referring to the God of a (mostly) monotheistic religion. The
most well-known example (to Japanese) of that, AFAIK, is Christianity.
Which is not to say that Kami-sama shares all his attributes with the
Christian God, any more than the 3 Norns were supposed to have angels or
carry chibi hammers. Fujishima picked up the idea of a big-boss God from
Christianity and just ran with it.

>>>Yeah okay maybe he's shin buddhist or something.
> Hm, how many faith HAVE been referenced in OMG anyway?

All of them? Seriously, you have the obvious Norse mythology, you have
the Buddhist temple, you have the obvious Judeo-Christian bits with the
angels and stuff, there're references to Hinduism (Marller's name is
sometimes rendered as Mara, a demon from Hindu mythology), and Wicca is
probably somewhere in there too (albeit possibly not directly). Heck,
there's even a Pratchettism reference. Off-hand I can't think of
anything from Islam, although I wouldn't be 100% surprised if it popped
up sometime.

>>He's a Belldandyist.
>>I can think of worse altars to worship at.

*smacks self* Must... stop... thinking... H... thoughts...

- 5parrow

5parrowhawk

23 Jul 2003, 21:59:0323/07/2003
iira...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Rind does not appear until
> Vol. 25.

?? I read 24 and 25, and seem to recall her being in 24.

- 5parrow

Michael Lo

23 Jul 2003, 22:41:0023/07/2003
sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote in message news:<7e562e8e.03072...@posting.google.com>...
> Sea Wasp <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote in message news:<3F1A8229...@wizvax.net>...
> > AstroNerdBoy wrote:

> > > <snipped>

> > > <Ethan Mode>
> > >
> > > Never underestimate Belldandy. NEVER! *shakes fist!!!*
> > >
> > > </Ethan Mode>
> > >
> > > ;-)
> >
> > Bell-chan subarashi, SUBARASHI I tell you! *SHAKES FIST*
>
> *nods* Not to mention bijin!!!! :-D

Um, isn't bijin something else ^_- (thinking of the movie Jin Roh)

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to ask the following. Okay we've seen
Urd's mom and the 3 goddesses' dad but has there been any mention
of who is the mother of Skuld and Belldandy?

iira...@yahoo.com

24 Jul 2003, 01:48:5124/07/2003

She may have first appeared in 24 but since all of Vol. 25
is about Rind, and when I think of Vol. 24, I think of K1'a
and Megumi's mom and dad. his may have been what I was thinking.

I want Vol. 26 Now! My local hsop which carries AMS still
hasn't gotten their 26s in yet.

Hand-of-Omega

24 Jul 2003, 02:53:5824/07/2003
Iwillnev...@hotmail.com (Michael Lo) wrote in message news:<884b7c04.03072...@posting.google.com>...

> Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to ask the following. Okay we've seen
> Urd's mom and the 3 goddesses' dad but has there been any mention
> of who is the mother of Skuld and Belldandy?

There's this quote from the Terrible Master Urd story:

Urd: "Then how did you know the program made flesh would be the Fenrir
Wolf?!"
Belldandy: "It was in the "Big Picture Book of Supernatural Beasts"
Mom gave us when we were kids."

This story also, BTW, also shows that the "Almighty" is NOT omnipotent
("I must conserve my strength to protect Yggdrasil itself!") or
omniscient (He relies on Bell to tell him when the Lord of Terror
activates, and didn't know until Yggdrasil registered its presence on
Earth) or omnipresent (he seems to have a body, at least
sometimes)...and to be nitpicky, Bell says that she and Urd share the
same father, but doesn't actually say who that is (she still adresses
the Almighty as "my Lord")...

Dex,
noting that Bell-chans' hair looks a different color in the flashback
scene of her commission...

Ethan Hammond

24 Jul 2003, 04:41:5124/07/2003
"Tsunami" <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message

> He can't be much of an idgit, have you seen his girfriend? And for
> that matter he has been through Japanese university, so I would say,
> probably not an idgit ^_^

The first two years of Japanese college are a joke, A JOKE!!!!
*SHAKES FIST*

Ethan Hammond

24 Jul 2003, 04:42:1424/07/2003
"Tsunami" <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message

> AFIK, it is the same thing.

I have carpel tunnel. *sniff*

Ethan Hammond

24 Jul 2003, 04:43:2124/07/2003
"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> >Noooo, Skuld must be stopped, no matter the cost!!!!
> >*SHAKES FIST* Booo to Dash, BOOO!!!!
>
> Well, Skuld, you heard Ethan - no more Nuku-Nuku...

Oh no, it was a setup!!!!

Ethan Hammond

24 Jul 2003, 04:44:0924/07/2003
"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> >And even if we DO get OAV Washuu, Nuku-Nuku may wind up
> >with flight and built in energy weapons capacity...
>
> But can you deal with having to call her "Little Nuku-Nuku"? ^_^

Damn unnecessay translation of honorifics. *SHAKES FIST*

Rob Kelk

24 Jul 2003, 09:05:0324/07/2003

Only now do you understand, now that it is too late!
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

AstroNerdBoy

24 Jul 2003, 15:56:1924/07/2003
iira...@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<1asuhv8lcffk5q0vl...@4ax.com>...

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:59:03 +0800, 5parrowhawk
> <remove...@nathuangatsingnet.com.sg> wrote:
>
> >iira...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >> Rind does not appear until
> >> Vol. 25.
> >
> >?? I read 24 and 25, and seem to recall her being in 24.
> >
> >- 5parrow
> She may have first appeared in 24 but since all of Vol. 25
> is about Rind, and when I think of Vol. 24, I think of K1'a
> and Megumi's mom and dad. his may have been what I was thinking.
>
> I want Vol. 26 Now! My local hsop which carries AMS still
> hasn't gotten their 26s in yet.

You'll have to let us know how it is when you get it. I know Rind
continues through the first part of 26 but after that, I'm B-L-A-N-K.

AstroNerdBoy

24 Jul 2003, 15:57:4224/07/2003
5parrowhawk <remove...@nathuangatsingnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:<3F1F3D2A...@nathuangatsingnet.com.sg>...

> tito wrote:
>

> >>He's a Belldandyist.
> >>I can think of worse altars to worship at.
>
> *smacks self* Must... stop... thinking... H... thoughts...
>
> - 5parrow

*hands pre-rolled tissue to 5parrow for the nose bleeds*

;-D

And I thought Seina (TM!GXP) was bad! :-P

AstroNerdBoy

24 Jul 2003, 15:59:2824/07/2003
rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote in message news:<3f1f0a7...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 23 Jul 2003 13:20:03 GMT, fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com (Frank White)
> wrote:
>
> >In article <3f1e7fc...@news.cis.dfn.de>, rob...@deadspam.com
> >says...

> before!

> >>Well, Skuld, you heard Ethan - no more Nuku-Nuku...
> >
> >No matter, we can get Washuu to do it! It will have to
> >be OAV Washuu, not TV Washuu, or God knows what result...
> >
> >And even if we DO get OAV Washuu, Nuku-Nuku may wind up
> >with flight and built in energy weapons capacity...
>
> But can you deal with having to call her "Little Nuku-Nuku"? ^_^

NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!! *shudders violently* Nuku-Nuku-chan I can handle though. ;-P

AstroNerdBoy

25 Jul 2003, 00:48:2625/07/2003

"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

But you have to admit that having a goddess in your corner so you can win
races for your motor club. That doesn't take in account helping you do
ultra-well on tests, make you 3 meals a day and FEED YOU if you so desire,
draw a bath for you after a hard day(though to be fair, I don't think we've
seen her do this, but I know she does), etc. ;-)

-Earl

--
"Why'd you do something so mean? Is it because I ate those chestnut
Imagawayki we have at teatime? Or because I tried on that nurse uniform you

AstroNerdBoy

25 Jul 2003, 00:49:5825/07/2003

> "5parrowhawk" <remove...@nathuangatsingnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> >
> > *hands Rob a Fork* Use it wisely ;)
>
> Oh no!!!! *waits for it*

> --
> All Purpose Cultural Randomness
> http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Hey! You never got it. Unless Rob had Urd send some Urd Bolts your way.
;-D

Ethan Hammond

25 Jul 2003, 04:50:4425/07/2003
"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> >Oh no, it was a setup!!!!
>
> Only now do you understand, now that it is too late!
> Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

Its never too late. Saves Nuku Nuku with the Matrix
of Leadership!!!! GYA HA HA HA!!!!

Ethan Hammond

25 Jul 2003, 04:52:1825/07/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> But you have to admit that having a goddess in your corner so you can win
> races for your motor club. That doesn't take in account helping you do
> ultra-well on tests, make you 3 meals a day and FEED YOU if you so desire,
> draw a bath for you after a hard day(though to be fair, I don't think
we've
> seen her do this, but I know she does), etc. ;-)

Oh but Nuku Nuku does all that and more, and MORE!!!!

Rob Kelk

25 Jul 2003, 08:53:2825/07/2003

Actually, I was tapped out that turn...

tito

25 Jul 2003, 13:20:4325/07/2003
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:48:26 -0600, "AstroNerdBoy"
<sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

>"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> "Tsunami" <tsu...@nospam.jyurai.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > He can't be much of an idgit, have you seen his girfriend? And for
>> > that matter he has been through Japanese university, so I would say,
>> > probably not an idgit ^_^
>>
>> The first two years of Japanese college are a joke, A JOKE!!!!
>> *SHAKES FIST*
>>
>> --
>> All Purpose Cultural Randomness
>> http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
>>

>But you have to admit that having a goddess in your corner so you can win
>races for your motor club. That doesn't take in account helping you do
>ultra-well on tests,

Ah, but only by using a study group. No cheating. <g> ...Okay, Urd
might help you cheat but you'd be an idiot to try anything of Urd's
special medicene helping you do so...

> make you 3 meals a day and FEED YOU if you so desire,

I often wonder why Bell IS a good cook considering she (nor the other
Goddess I think) doesn't have to eat, period.

>draw a bath for you after a hard day(though to be fair, I don't think we've
>seen her do this, but I know she does), etc. ;-)

Not for Keiichi, but she does do this for herself every day to relax.
It came up in the Let's Hold Hands storyline I think, when they were
'chained' together by the hands.

>-Earl

John C. Watson

25 Jul 2003, 20:15:3425/07/2003
On 07/25/2003 13:20, in article
211e3ac6a7c0f6f3...@free.teranews.com, "tito"
<o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:48:26 -0600, "AstroNerdBoy"
> <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

>> make you 3 meals a day and FEED YOU if you so desire,
>
> I often wonder why Bell IS a good cook considering she (nor the other
> Goddess I think) doesn't have to eat, period.

Skuld eats ice cream to replenish her energy.

--
Ciao,
John

John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division

"Shuraku-tai--hasshin!"

John C. Watson

25 Jul 2003, 20:16:2225/07/2003
On 07/23/2003 22:41, in article
884b7c04.03072...@posting.google.com, "Michael Lo"
<Iwillnev...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote in message

>> Sea Wasp <sea...@wizvax.net> wrote in message
>>> AstroNerdBoy wrote:

<snipped> (I hope I got the attributions right.)

>>> Bell-chan subarashi, SUBARASHI I tell you! *SHAKES FIST*
>>
>> *nods* Not to mention bijin!!!! :-D
>

> Um, isn't bijin something else ^_- (thinking of the movie Jin Roh)

Bi = beautiful
Jin = person

Technically applicable to both genders( IIRC), though it's generally used to
refer to women only, both in polite company and in the "hot chick" sense.

AstroNerdBoy

25 Jul 2003, 22:08:2825/07/2003
tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message news:<211e3ac6a7c0f6f3...@free.teranews.com>...

The manga hasn't shown it so officially you are right. However,
considering everything else Belldandy does combined with the fact that
she's the "perfect" Japanese housewife, having a bath ready for K1
after a hard day wouldn't surprise me. :-D

tito

25 Jul 2003, 23:54:3425/07/2003
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:15:34 GMT, "John C. Watson"
<jwat...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 07/25/2003 13:20, in article
>211e3ac6a7c0f6f3...@free.teranews.com, "tito"
><o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:48:26 -0600, "AstroNerdBoy"
>> <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote:
>
>>> make you 3 meals a day and FEED YOU if you so desire,
>>
>> I often wonder why Bell IS a good cook considering she (nor the other
>> Goddess I think) doesn't have to eat, period.
>
>Skuld eats ice cream to replenish her energy.

Which isn't eating. <g> I should explain a little more then. IIRC
Belldandy explains this once too, early one. Paraphasing, since I
don't rememebr Bell's tricky wording...

All the goddess get their energy from Yggdrasil. Basically that
doohickey converts-creates energy into a form they can use. Now, if
something happens to their connection to it, they can get their energy
other ways. Sleep, sake, or icecream.

Neither Urd nor Skuld are actually getting NUTRITION from their
respective food and drink, although they can get 'energy' this way. No
other sweets or food EXCEPT ice cream (for some odd reason) gives
Skuld energy. She just can't process it in that regard. Same with Urd
and her sake.

(It's a little more ovbious in Urd's case, since while sake makes HER
drunk but other goddesses, like Belldandy, can't get soused that way.
Tho she can get drunk from cola, apparently.)

I'm supposing this is horribly picky, and along the lines of arguing
whether an android who recharges in a wall socket or one whose engine
burns up the sugars in swallowed foodstuffs is 'eating,' but it's
worth noting.

It's loading more messages.