Zero no Tsukiama 06: plot payoff?

Skip to the first unread message

Megane

6 Aug 2006, 21:53:1406/08/2006
Finally the payoff I had been waiting for, that this wasn't just another
silly harem comedy. Well, it _is_ a harem comedy, but it's not _just_ a
harem comedy.

Without going into actual spoilers, they finally give us a payoff on
Saito's sword ability and the connections with Earth. (or Anime Earth
anyhow) And we find out who it was that the golem belonged to. And
tsuntsuntsuntsunderu Louise gets to be deruderu for a scene.

Since I've heard this is going to be a 13 episode series, it's about
time for some plot development. I'm getting a Tenchi Muyo feeling about
the show.

So for those of you who like to watch three, four, or even five episodes
before giving up on a series, you might want to give it just another
chance. This episode kicked more ass than any of the five before it.

And to prove it's not all plot, the preview for the next episode has
Louise in a meido uniform. Which doesn't do _me_ much good because I
don't have a thing for meido... or meganekko or catgirls or kyo-nyuu,
but mahoutsukai onnatachi, yum.

Dave Baranyi

6 Aug 2006, 23:04:5106/08/2006
Megane wrote:

Adding

Some

Spoiler

Space

for

Flexibility

in

Replying

> Finally the payoff I had been waiting for, that this wasn't just another
> silly harem comedy. Well, it _is_ a harem comedy, but it's not _just_ a
> harem comedy.

While episode 6 was certainly a better episode than the past few, it
isn't quite "redeeming" ZnoT yet. I'm having real problems with the
characters and their behaviors, which aren't terribly internally
consistant.

> Without going into actual spoilers, they finally give us a payoff on
> Saito's sword ability and the connections with Earth. (or Anime Earth
> anyhow) And we find out who it was that the golem belonged to. And
> tsuntsuntsuntsunderu Louise gets to be deruderu for a scene.

BTW - did you notice the inconsistancy in the use of the "secret"
weapon? If the weapon had already been used in the flashback, how was
it used again? Who reloaded it if there was a reload? And how did Saito
know how to use it? He's only 17 and I presume hasn't had any military
training. (Maybe he is really a Palestinian and not Japanese...<g>)

> Since I've heard this is going to be a 13 episode series, it's about
> time for some plot development. I'm getting a Tenchi Muyo feeling about
> the show.

Shhhhh - don't put the kiss-of-death on this poor series... <L>

> So for those of you who like to watch three, four, or even five episodes
> before giving up on a series, you might want to give it just another
> chance. This episode kicked more ass than any of the five before it.

I agree whole-heartedly. But it still isn't enough to do much to my
rating but bring it back up to "B" after the near freefall of the past
episode.

> And to prove it's not all plot, the preview for the next episode has
> Louise in a meido uniform. Which doesn't do _me_ much good because I
> don't have a thing for meido... or meganekko or catgirls or kyo-nyuu,
> but mahoutsukai onnatachi, yum.

Louise will be in a "serving wench" outfit, not a maid outfit. Siesta
fills hers much better...<g>

The series still isn't doing anything to make me want to rush out and
order the first R2 DVD (which has shown up on the frontpage of CD
Japan's anime DVD listings.)

Dave Baranyi

Megane

7 Aug 2006, 00:38:1707/08/2006
In article <1154919891....@n13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Dave Baranyi" <david_...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Megane wrote:
>
> Adding
>
> Some
>
> Spoiler
>
> Space
>
> for
>
> Flexibility
>
> in
>
> Replying
>
> > Finally the payoff I had been waiting for, that this wasn't just another
> > silly harem comedy. Well, it _is_ a harem comedy, but it's not _just_ a
> > harem comedy.
> >

> While episode 6 was certainly a better episode than the past few, it
> isn't quite "redeeming" ZnoT yet. I'm having real problems with the
> characters and their behaviors, which aren't terribly internally
> consistant.

Well, I have the benefit of it catering to my non-standard (compared to
the "typical otaku") fanservice preferences.

> > Without going into actual spoilers, they finally give us a payoff on
> > Saito's sword ability and the connections with Earth. (or Anime Earth
> > anyhow) And we find out who it was that the golem belonged to. And
> > tsuntsuntsuntsunderu Louise gets to be deruderu for a scene.
> >

> BTW - did you notice the inconsistancy in the use of the "secret"
> weapon? If the weapon had already been used in the flashback, how was
> it used again? Who reloaded it if there was a reload? And how did Saito
> know how to use it? He's only 17 and I presume hasn't had any military
> training. (Maybe he is really a Palestinian and not Japanese...<g>)

Yes, just a little bit of a problem. Maybe he had another shell on him.
And _I_ could tell which end of the bazooka was which, even though I
haven't seen one loaded or fired in person.

Maybe the pr0n came from that guy?

> Louise will be in a "serving wench" outfit, not a maid outfit. Siesta
> fills hers much better...<g>

Ah, brain fart there. I could tell it wasn't maidly, but I couldn't
quite place it, since wench-fuku isn't exactly common in anime. In that
case, I'll probably enjoy it much more than if she was wearing
meido-fuku.

Josef Drexler

11 Aug 2006, 23:39:0311/08/2006
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:38:17 -0500, Megane wrote:
> In article <1154919891....@n13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "Dave Baranyi" <david_...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> Megane wrote:
>>
>> Adding
>>
>> Some
>>
>> Spoiler
>>
>> Space
>>
>> for
>>
>> Flexibility
>>
>> in
>>
>> Replying
>>
>> > Without going into actual spoilers, they finally give us a payoff on
>> > Saito's sword ability and the connections with Earth. (or Anime Earth
>> > anyhow) And we find out who it was that the golem belonged to. And
>> > tsuntsuntsuntsunderu Louise gets to be deruderu for a scene.
>>
>> BTW - did you notice the inconsistancy in the use of the "secret"
>> weapon? If the weapon had already been used in the flashback, how was
>> it used again? Who reloaded it if there was a reload? And how did Saito
>> know how to use it? He's only 17 and I presume hasn't had any military
>> training. (Maybe he is really a Palestinian and not Japanese...<g>)
>
> Yes, just a little bit of a problem. Maybe he had another shell on him.
> And _I_ could tell which end of the bazooka was which, even though I
> haven't seen one loaded or fired in person.

Osman said the guy had two bazookas with him. One had been fired to save
his life, the other was presumably still unused. They were lucky that
they buried the used one with him though...

As for why Saito knew how to use it, it's the same reason why he became
suddenly very skilled with swords, in both cases his "Gundolf" runes on
his hand lit up. Or maybe you just learn that kind of stuff in computer
games nowadays :)

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/