Gregg Berger is NOT Dead

Voiceroy

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
"Ben Poston" <Lord_Of_...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Last month the man who did his voice died
> This is a sad day for TransFans (well maybe not the Constructicon fans
or
> the Primitve haters)

I'm normally a very tolerant and all-around nice guy, and don't take
this personally at all - I realize how easily it would be to be taken in
on something like this, especially when IMDb is often looked to as a
completely accurate source of information.

But the reports of Gregg Berger's death are, in a word (and please
forgive my language): bullshit.

The IMDb entry is some sick mind's idea of a practical joke:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Berger,+Gregg

If Gregg Berger indeed died on July 5th, then it was his ghost who was
on the "Cartoon Voices" panel I attended at the San Diego Comic Con and
got to chat with afterwards (including getting his autograph and a
picture taken with him), which was LESS THAN 10 DAYS AGO on July 22.

What's even more sad is I just posted here in this very forum in the
last week saying that I'd met Robert Skir and Gregg Berger at the Con,
and offered full details on the experience.

Here's the thread, and if the link doesn't work properly, e-mail me and
I'll forward you a copy:

http://x75.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=650807619&CONTEXT=&hitnum=0

Heck, I'll even scan his autograph and the pictures for you if you need
proof, but for God and Gregg's sake, stop spreading this garbage now.

--
Craig "Voiceroy" Crumpton
Editor - http://zip.to/thevault

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mark Evanier

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Just adding to the consensus. Gregg Berger is alive and well and
working all the time. I spoke to him just yesterday.

Mark Evanier's NEW Mailing Address is:
5850 W. 3rd St., #367, Los Angeles, CA 90036

SLWalsh

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00

Just to comment on your non-Gregg Berger...comments:

As a fellow Comic Con attendee, I'm ticked that I didn't get to
see either Bill Farmer or Rob Paulsen. I *knew* I shoulda gone
to that panel...! But I did get to see Maurice LaMarche at the
Futurama panel (and John DiMaggio, voice of Bender, who was also
a surprise attendee)

:)

--
Sean's Comic Library: http://www.mponte.com/sean/
New Gods Library: http://members.tripod.com/fastbak

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Mark Evanier

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
And by the way, not only is Gregg Berger not dead, but the Internet
Movie Database also has a number of Greg Berg's credits listed for
him. Greg Berg and Gregg Berger are two separate voice people.

Berg, for instance, was in TOY STORY and on MUPPET BABIES. But they
have both those shows down for Berger.

mrm...@my-deja.com

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
In article <350eossnaeerefbc8...@4ax.com>,

m...@evanier.com wrote:
> And by the way, not only is Gregg Berger not dead, but the Internet
> Movie Database also has a number of Greg Berg's credits listed for
> him. Greg Berg and Gregg Berger are two separate voice people.

Yeah, what the heck. Not only is he not dead if he's still voicing Kay on
MiB, he has "additional voice" credits in a number of recent shows. How dead
couild he have been since voicing his latest work?

Terrence Briggs
Peace to you...

Artie5

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Okay, I saw the episode of Perfect Strangers about the lotto ticket that Gregg
Berger was in. He was that clerk near the end who said that Balki's
handwriting was wacked, right? He sure didn't look like he was born in 1925.
Was his birthdate on the IMDB another joke?

Mark Evanier

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
On 03 Aug 2000 06:29:44 GMT, art...@aol.com (Artie5) posted:

ME: Yes. Gregg is about 40.

Michael Morbius

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Artie5 <art...@aol.com> wrote:

> Okay, I saw the episode of Perfect Strangers about the lotto ticket that Gregg
> Berger was in. He was that clerk near the end who said that Balki's
> handwriting was wacked, right? He sure didn't look like he was born in 1925.
> Was his birthdate on the IMDB another joke?

He also appears as Cornfed in the live-action episode of Duckman. So I
agree: there's no way he's 75.

Mike

SJC

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Mark Evanier wrote:

>And by the way, not only is Gregg Berger not dead, but the Internet
>Movie Database also has a number of Greg Berg's credits listed for
>him. Greg Berg and Gregg Berger are two separate voice people.
>
>Berg, for instance, was in TOY STORY and on MUPPET BABIES. But they
>have both those shows down for Berger.

Greg Berg is credited with one "Simpsons",,.at least,, too, the run where Bart
is sent to a French "exchange school".

And is Greg Burson ever cionfused with these two? :)

--Steve--or----S.J. Carras
gca...@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/JCSt34204/index.html
poporc...@onelist.com
20s-to-50...@onelist.com/
buffy...@eskimo.com
For more visit www.onelist.com.

SJC

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

>From: Mark Evanier m...@evanier.com
>Date: 8/3/00 12:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Mark Evanier wrote, quoting "Artie":
(snipped)
>>Was his birthdate on the IMDB another joke?
>
>ME: Yes. Gregg is about 40.

Or at least confusion between the two actors.

And of course there are the two Robert C.Bruces..(the one born in 1887 who was
a film maker or somethign and TEHN there's the WB voice guy).And this also
confusion from the ImdB, too.

Mark Evanier

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
On 06 Aug 2000 14:18:11 GMT, gca...@aol.commerce (SJC) posted:

>Greg Berg is credited with one "Simpsons",,.at least,, too, the run where Bart
>is sent to a French "exchange school".

ME: Greg Berg has been on dozens of episodes of THE SIMPSONS, often
without credit.

>And is Greg Burson ever cionfused with these two? :)

ME: Constantly.

TServo2049

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

SJC wrote:

> Mark Evanier wrote:
> >
> >And by the way, not only is Gregg Berger not dead, but the Internet
> >Movie Database also has a number of Greg Berg's credits listed for
> >him. Greg Berg and Gregg Berger are two separate voice people.
> >
> >Berg, for instance, was in TOY STORY and on MUPPET BABIES. But they
> >have both those shows down for Berger.
> >

> Greg Berg is credited with one "Simpsons",,.at least,, too, the run where Bart
> is sent to a French "exchange school".
>

> And is Greg Burson ever cionfused with these two? :)

ABSOLUTELY! I read somewhere that Gregg Berger did Bugs Bunny's voice in
Animaniacs, when it was actually Greg Burson.