LESS COST

Bill Turner

Jul 2, 2004, 12:02:28 PM7/2/04
GOT A FLYER IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY FROM AES. THEY ARE SELLING 5% DeoxiT
IN THE 200 ML SPRAY CAN FOR $8.95. I SELL IT 1 QUART FOR $8.00
POSTPAID.

CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
Bill Turner, excuse caps, short answers, stroke.
Business SASE, each order a copy of The Pocket Resource Guide.

JW

Jul 2, 2004, 1:19:25 PM7/2/04

"Bill Turner" <dial...@webtv.net> wrote in message

You sell actual Caig brand quart containers of Deoxit for only $8.00? Geez
that way below even what a wholesaler would pay direct from the mfg. How do
you do that?

Bill Turner

Jul 2, 2004, 2:37:01 PM7/2/04
DeoxiT IS 5% OLEIC ACID, I SELL YOU THE OLEIC ACID, YOU ADD 1 QT. NAPTHA
(LIGHTER FLUID OR COLEMAN FUEL) AND YOU HAVE QT. OF DeoxiT. SEE MY
WEBSITE.

Scott W. Harvey

Jul 3, 2004, 2:00:20 AM7/3/04
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:37:01 -0500, dial...@webtv.net (Bill Turner)
wrote:

>DeoxiT IS 5% OLEIC ACID, I SELL YOU THE OLEIC ACID, YOU ADD 1 QT. NAPTHA
>(LIGHTER FLUID OR COLEMAN FUEL) AND YOU HAVE QT. OF DeoxiT. SEE MY
>WEBSITE.

Has anyone here tried Bill's formula? How does it stack up against
"real" DeOxit?

-Scott

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE!
Instead, go to the following web page to get my real email address:
http://member.newsguy.com/~polezi/scottsaddy.htm
(This has been done because I am sick of SPAMMERS making my email unusable)

Need a schematic? check out the Schematic Bank at:
http://techpreservation.dyndns.org/schematics/

Archive of alt.binaries.pictures.radio binary postings:
http://techpreservation.dyndns.org/abpr/

Peter Wieck

Jul 3, 2004, 7:20:22 AM7/3/04
>Has anyone here tried Bill's formula? How does it stack up against
>"real" DeOxit?
>
>-Scott

Scott:

The "REAL" DeOxit is a formulation created by Cramolin, made in Germany and
still sold here in the Magic Kingdom. Given the labeling requirements here,
Cramolin is not able to hide behind the proprietory shield as does Caig in the
US.

The label reads:

Oleic Acid: 5%
Petroleum solvents and propellant: 95%
Contains no CFCs
Highly Flammable

Of course, it is only $2.70 (SR10) for a 300ml can, so it is hardly worth it
for me to mix my own.

http://members.aol.com/pfjw/page1.html

Peter Wieck
Al-Khobar, KSA

Bill Turner

Jul 3, 2004, 7:45:08 AM7/3/04
ITS THE SAME !

little vino

Jul 3, 2004, 8:34:14 AM7/3/04
wrote:

>DeoxiT IS 5% OLEIC ACID, I SELL YOU THE OLEIC ACID, YOU ADD 1 QT. NAPTHA

Or you can go here and get it for 13.89 a gallon!!!!

http://www.chemistrystore.com/Oleic_Acid.htm

mi-oldradios

Jul 4, 2004, 7:11:39 AM7/4/04

"little vino" <y...@yep.com> wrote in message
From the chemistrystore.com. Notice how they say shipping is the most
expensive part of the order but nowhere do the say how much it is untill you
completely check out. Also notice the $3.50 handling charge.
Bill's price includes shipping. Just a little more info.
Happy 4th.
mi-oldradios

HANDLING CHARGE

There will be a $3.50 charge for each order placed.

ORDER MINIMUM

There is a minimum order value of $10.00 excluding shipping and handling.

FREIGHT
Freight and packaging are the most expensive parts to your order. We
normally ship via UPS & Fedex, However when a material is classified as
hazardous, additional charges are incurred. We will try to determine the
most economical method of shipment for you. We are not able to ship
Hazardous Materials via FedEx AIR

Bill Turner

Jul 4, 2004, 9:03:03 AM7/4/04
THE PRICE ALSO INCLUDES THE BOTTLE, PACKAGE, POSTAGE, LABEL IN ADDITION
TO THE ORIGINAL COST, POSTAGE, ETC. BESIDES, HOW MANY OF YOU REALLY
WANT A GALLON OF IT.

little vino

Jul 4, 2004, 11:13:20 AM7/4/04

even with the 8 dollars shipping it's still 25% cheaper than turner...

little vino

Jul 4, 2004, 1:28:10 PM7/4/04
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 07:11:39 -0400, "mi-oldradios"
<mi_old...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Figure this...

8 dollars for 5% of 1 quart....you add the additional 95% yourself.

For 24 dollars including shipping and handling you get 100% of 1
gallon...

mi-oldradios

Jul 4, 2004, 1:40:57 PM7/4/04

"little vino" <y...@yep.com> wrote in message
So whats your point? If you want a gallon of the stuff then buy it from whom
ever you want. You will find shipping and packing to be more like the price
of the product depending where you live. Bill has alway supplied decent
product at a decent price.

little vino

Jul 4, 2004, 1:54:45 PM7/4/04
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:40:57 -0400, "mi-oldradios"
<mi_old...@yahoo.com> wrote:

My point is...It's a ton cheaper elsewhere....period. Another plus
is that you don't have to deal with Bill.

Buy it from Bill if you want....it's your money!

Bill Turner

Jul 4, 2004, 1:57:14 PM7/4/04
I THINK "litte vino" HAS HAD TOO MUCH. . . .

little vino

Jul 4, 2004, 4:33:32 PM7/4/04
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 12:57:14 -0500, dial...@webtv.net (Bill Turner)
wrote:

>I THINK "litte vino" HAS HAD TOO MUCH. . . .

Damn right!......of you!!!!!

John H. Smith

Jul 4, 2004, 9:44:22 PM7/4/04
>Subject: Re: LESS COST
>From: little vino y...@yep.com
>Date: 7/4/2004 10:13 AM Central Daylight Time

8 dollars shipping? From what puff of air did you grab THAT figure? The Hazmat
Fee alone is at least $20 plus UPS rates for the package and whatever they
demand be done to pack it properly, plus the "handling charge".

Neutrodyne

Ken Doyle

Jul 4, 2004, 10:40:34 PM7/4/04

"little vino" wrote:
> Another plus is that you don't have to deal with Bill

*****************

Bill is fine, and we deal with him because we want to, but I wish we didn't
have to deal with you.

What's your name going to be next week? How about "Vicious Cowardly
Repetitive Brat".

If you have nothing useful to add, and nothing to learn, why don't you just
go get a gallon of the stuff and soak your little head in it for about an
hour. It may not help you, but it would be a great aid to the hobby.

Ken D.

Bill Turner

Jul 4, 2004, 10:48:59 PM7/4/04
THERE IS NO "HAZ MAT FEE", NO HANDING FEE. $7.00 INCLUDES POSTAGE.

little vino

Jul 4, 2004, 11:55:59 PM7/4/04

Don't like it...don't read it Kenny...

Phil B

Jul 5, 2004, 12:39:31 AM7/5/04

> THE PRICE ALSO INCLUDES THE BOTTLE, PACKAGE, POSTAGE, LABEL IN
ADDITION
> TO THE ORIGINAL COST, POSTAGE, ETC. BESIDES, HOW MANY OF YOU REALLY
> WANT A GALLON OF IT.

I'm sure Bill doesn't make much on each qt. after postage, the bottle,
packing, paperwork and the trip to the PO. He is re-packaging from a
larger bulk buy.

Here are the numbers for those few out there who want to criticize what
he is doing:

1 qt. oleic acid at 5% will yield 20 quarts of final solution.

1 qt. Bill's oleic acid $ 8.00
19 qt. Naphtha @$3.00/qt $57.00
------
$65.00

DeOxit:
(conversion: 1 US quart = 0.94635295 liter)
20 qt = 18.927059 liters
18.927059 liters / .2 liters = 94.6 cans of DeOxit
94.6 cans of DeOxit x $8.95 per can = $846.67

Bill's price for 20 qt of "Bill's DeOxit": $65.00
Caig's price for 20 qt of DeOxit: $846.67
...and this doesn't include extra shipping charges you will pay from
whatever source you choose for DeOxit!

Bill is an excellent supplier. He is doing us a real service. Sure you
can concoct "DeOxit" for less by buying oleic acid and naphtha in big
quantities, but let's get real!

Phil B

john smith

Jul 5, 2004, 1:06:17 AM7/5/04
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:39:31 -0400, "Phil B" <pcb...@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
wrote:

You don't get a quart of oleic acid...you get 1.6 ozs. which is enough
to make 1 quart of the final solution.

from his site:

My recommended mix with the Coleman fuel (naptha) or regular lighter
fluid is 5% (similar to Caig's DeOxit D5). You may also add acetone
to speed up the drying time. Due to shipping restictions I cannot
supply the fuel but I make the oleic acid available for you to make up
a one quart supply. Try it, I'm sure you will be surprised. - $7.00
Postpaid.

S-

Jul 5, 2004, 1:05:41 AM7/5/04
"Phil B" a écrit dans le message

You may want to revise your numbers...

What's been sold is enough to make a quart at 5%...
Once a quart of naphta is added...
My maths say about 1.6 ounces of oleic acid...
But nowhere is it said about the qty of oleic acids sold.

>Bill's price for 20 qt of "Bill's DeOxit": $65.00

My maths say 8$ * 20 qt = 160$ which means 20 * 1.6ounces = 32 ounces
Multiply by two = 320$/gallon and it's still NOT DeOxit.

Gallon of oleic acid (64 ounces) is $13.85, add 20$ for whatever + 10$
shipping and
$3.50 handling for a total of $47.35 (I know you can get it for much cheaper
than that).

I believe I have the numbers right.

Syl
-11

john smith

Jul 5, 2004, 1:10:05 AM7/5/04

I ordered a gallon. 3.50 handling fee, 8 dollars shipping.

Phil B

Jul 5, 2004, 1:12:32 AM7/5/04
I suggest that his next post should be from "little viro".

Sorry, I felt compelled to say that. I know we should all be ignoring
him, but this thread shows that others are not.

Phil B

"Ken Doyle" <kensoldra...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

whackamole

Jul 5, 2004, 1:19:38 AM7/5/04

gallon is 128 ozs

13.89
8.00 shipping
3.50 handling

Phil B

Jul 5, 2004, 1:19:10 AM7/5/04
Oops. I'll go back underground for a while. You guys are quick!

Phil B

"john smith" <jsm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

whackamole

Jul 5, 2004, 1:28:33 AM7/5/04
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:12:32 -0400, "Phil B" <pcb...@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
wrote:

>I suggest that his next post should be from "little viro".

>Sorry, I felt compelled to say that. I know we should all be ignoring
>him, but this thread shows that others are not.
>
>Phil B

I'm sorry that you can't see the astronomical price difference in what
Bill charges and what the stuff costs. You should look back at your
math. It's second grade material. I think you can get it right if you
try real hard.

Peter Wieck

Jul 5, 2004, 3:21:27 AM7/5/04
>The Hazmat
>>Fee alone is at least $20 plus UPS rates for the package and whatever they
>>demand be done to pack it

For the record, Oleic acid is not considered a "HazMat" in the sense of say....
Acetone or Naptha. It is a common enough material used in the food industry,
metal-processing industry and several other applications. Yes, as a chemical it
comes with an MSDS, but so does about everything else that is bottled, canned
or packaged as a chemical rather than directly as a food. And it does require
special packing to prevent a mess in transit, but that is about it. Household
ammonia or bleach, even Drano or Easy-Off are far more dangerous.

BTW, DO NOT be tempted to "enrich" the product by increasing the percentage
over 5%. That may well result in a sloppy mess and damage to whatever you are
using it on. A stronger solution is fine for soaking parts that are neither
plated nor porous, but be careful!

S-

Jul 5, 2004, 6:46:37 AM7/5/04
"whackamole" a écrit dans le message

> gallon is 128 ozs
>
> 13.89
> 8.00 shipping
> 3.50 handling

Bad conversion from liters, my mistake. It's even worse than I thought.
Double everything...

Syl

.Bill

Jul 5, 2004, 7:44:35 AM7/5/04
whackamole wrote:

> I'm sorry that you can't see the astronomical price difference in what
> Bill charges and what the stuff costs.

Its even cheaper when you buy it by the 55 gallon drum. Or better still
via the tanker load.
What a ripoff!

-BM

mi-oldradios

Jul 5, 2004, 9:13:41 AM7/5/04
Ya, ole Bill Turner is really ripping us :-p . What a troll we have here,
littlevino or whackamole or who ever it is, is just trolling again. I think
the tanker load might be the best deal. I wonder if truck or rail would be
cheaper? Hey Bill. you got room in your yard for a rail spur or maybe a
1,000,000 gallon tank or something? If you live close enough to the river
the bulk tank would work well.

".Bill" <donstspa...@coqui.net> wrote in message

.Bill

Jul 5, 2004, 9:28:27 AM7/5/04
mi-oldradios wrote:

> Ya, ole Bill Turner is really ripping us :-p . What a troll we have here,
> littlevino or whackamole or who ever it is, is just trolling again. I think
> the tanker load might be the best deal. I wonder if truck or rail would be
> cheaper? Hey Bill. you got room in your yard for a rail spur or maybe a
> 1,000,000 gallon tank or something? If you live close enough to the river
> the bulk tank would work well.

Well, I've been using nearly TWO 5oz cans a year of deoxit so thats 2.5
ounces of the oleic acid I might need to hang onto for my personal use
for the next five years. I'll put a big tap on the side of the tanker
and all you guys can come take your fill at the retail gallon rate of
13.85...one gallon minimum please and please bring your own container.
If I have to bottle it up and mail it to ya its gonna cost you $7 for an
ounce or two postage included.
Hmmm, wonder what the shelf life is on this stuff?

-Bill

Bill Turner

Jul 5, 2004, 9:14:47 AM7/5/04
I AM ENDLESSLY AMAZED AT WHAT YOU GUYS PICK ON. HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD
SPEND $25.00 ON CONTACT CLEANER. THATS WHAT YOU WOULD BE FORCED TO DO
IF SOMEONE DIDN'T SUPPLY IT IN SMALLER QUANTITIES. THERE IS UPROAR
ABOUT THE PRICE OF $7.00, WHICH WILL GIVE EACH OF YOU ENOUGH TO LAST A
LIFETIME. NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT IT IS NOT CHEAP TO BOTTLE, PACKAGE,
LABEL AND SHIP. IF YOU WANT SOME, ORDER It. IF ON THE OTHERHAND YOU
DON'T WANT ANY, FINE. YOU CAN EITHER BUY FROM CAIG AT THE "SPECIAL"
PRICE OF $8.95 FOR 200ML OR GET 20 GALLONS WORTH FROM THE VARIOUS
SOURCES. IT WILL NOT HURT MY FEELING EITHER WAY. I TRY VERY HARD TO
SUPPLY YOU WITH SUPPLIES AT REASONABLE PRICES, BUT I DON'T INSIST.

whackamole

Jul 5, 2004, 10:09:04 AM7/5/04

It's not that fact that turner is ripping off anyone. It's the fact
that you don't have to deal with the guy if you don't want to. That is
what makes it such a fantastic deal. And believe me, every time I see
a chance to point out a better deal that Turner it will happen.

Hmmmm....I wonder if Turner pays federal income tax on all those cash
sales? I guess I gotta check into that.

Peter Wieck

Jul 5, 2004, 11:21:32 AM7/5/04
Problem with that is that you cannot make IRS trouble anonymously...

Funny thing if you had to actually own up to your sorry identity. Actually
crawl out from under your rock and face the world as you are.

.Bill

Jul 5, 2004, 11:34:57 AM7/5/04
Peter Wieck wrote:

> Problem with that is that you cannot make IRS trouble anonymously...

Oh yes you can. I know a guy on the receiving end of IRS hassles, as
well as receiving attention from several state agencies :-) Thing is,
they have better things to do than go after a retired person who might
make a hundred bux a month with his hobby which probably wouln't be
taxable anyway.

> Funny thing if you had to actually own up to your sorry identity. Actually
> crawl out from under your rock and face the world as you are.

We all know who Tracy is. He hasn't attempted to hide.

-Bill

whackamole

Jul 5, 2004, 11:47:14 AM7/5/04
On 05 Jul 2004 15:21:32 GMT, pf...@aol.comnopqr (Peter Wieck) wrote:

>Problem with that is that you cannot make IRS trouble anonymously...

So.....I've nothing to hide.

whackamole

Jul 5, 2004, 11:50:12 AM7/5/04

It is you guys that keep pushing the buttons. I simply pointed out a
cheaper way to do something. If you don't want to save money then deal
with bill.

Peter Wieck

Jul 5, 2004, 12:16:26 PM7/5/04
>Oh yes you can. I know a guy on the receiving end of IRS hassles, as
>well as receiving attention from several state agencies :-)

You must reveal your identity to the agency (ies). And expect to be audited
yourself if you try. Really. I have "inside" information on this one... a
relative works in that department.

Ken Doyle

Jul 5, 2004, 1:01:21 PM7/5/04

"Phil B" <pcb...@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message

> I suggest that his next post should be from "little viro".
>
> Sorry, I felt compelled to say that. I know we should all be ignoring
> him, but this thread shows that others are not.
>
> Phil B

You're right, I should have ignored the troll.
I suppose I was worried about a newbie possibly being turned-off to a great
parts source, but that's silly since this troll is so full of baloney that
I'm sure even a newbie can figure out who's full of it and who's not.
Especially when the troll goes so far as to bring up notifying a government
agency that a hobbiest is making a few pennies on something. Eee Gads!

Ken D.

.Bill

Jul 5, 2004, 1:24:19 PM7/5/04
Peter Wieck wrote:

>>Oh yes you can. I know a guy on the receiving end of IRS hassles, as
>>well as receiving attention from several state agencies :-)
>

> You must reveal your identity to the agency (ies). And expect to be audited
> yourself if you try. Really. I have "inside" information on this one... a
> relative works in that department.

I disagree. If you provide or point them to some evidence and its worth
their while they will pursue it without needing to know the source.
They aren't going to pay any attention to a presonal grudge war where no
evidence exists other than an anonymous tip.

-Bill

Bill Turner

Jul 5, 2004, 1:10:14 PM7/5/04
YA, SAVE A BUCK, BUY A GALLON. GIVE ME A BREAK.

holenone

Jul 5, 2004, 1:36:03 PM7/5/04

Ahhh...but very accurate baloney...

Gridleak

Jul 5, 2004, 2:29:55 PM7/5/04
Has anyone tried a mixture of olive oil (80% oleic acid) and lighter
fluid? Peanut oil is high in oleic acid also but it attracts elephants.

DON
AC7PD

ianto

Jul 5, 2004, 3:35:26 PM7/5/04

Olive oil contains very little free oleic acid, most of it is bound up
in compounds know as triglycerides. The amount of free oleic acid is
the basis of the classification of olive oils. The best olive oils
have less than 1% free oleic acid; the lower grades have about 3-4%

Mike Capel

capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca

Bill Turner

Jul 5, 2004, 7:09:26 PM7/5/04
AND WHAT IS THE OTHER 20%.

John Goller, k9uwa

Jul 5, 2004, 8:08:29 PM7/5/04
In article <l8ohe050b4aeihamf...@4ax.com>, jsm...@yahoo.com
says...

>My recommended mix with the Coleman fuel (naptha) or regular lighter
>fluid is 5% (similar to Caig's DeOxit D5). You may also add acetone
>to speed up the drying time. Due to shipping restictions I cannot
>supply the fuel but I make the oleic acid available for you to make up
>a one quart supply. Try it, I'm sure you will be surprised. - $7.00
>Postpaid.

I did .... got some from Bill ... the stuff works fine... I can't tell
the difference between it and the DeOxit .... and I do have both....
John k9uwa

John H. Smith

Jul 5, 2004, 8:14:02 PM7/5/04
>Subject: Re: LESS COST
>From: dial...@webtv.net (Bill Turner)
>Date: 7/4/2004 9:48 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>THERE IS NO "HAZ MAT FEE", NO HANDING FEE. $7.00 INCLUDES POSTAGE.

Not a hazmat fee from YOU Bill. However, some clueless cheapskate buying
by the gallon from a chemical supply house, might expect to get soaked for one,
necesary or not.
I see Hobby Wholesalers who routinely charge Hazmat shipping on model
rocket motors which are NOT big enough to require it. Why? It's a bit of extra
profit, and they collect it from the people who don't complain about it.
Neutrodyne

Gridleak

Jul 5, 2004, 9:17:21 PM7/5/04
Mike
Thanks for the info. I wondered why they rated olive oil at 1-3% free
oleic acid and yet said it contained 80% oleic acid. Oleic acid is
produced from olive oil and as an industrial grade 80% would probably be
ok for use as a cleanser.
Bill
The remaining 20% is what makes it taste good :-)

DON
AC7PD

holenone

Jul 5, 2004, 9:50:44 PM7/5/04

There is no haz mat fee. Why don't you ask Bill? I'm sure he buys it
by the gallon so that he can pass the big savings to clueless people
buying it in the 1.6 oz bottle for 7 dollars. He would be the one to
ask about a hazmat fee. Let's see...for 25 dollars I get enough oleic
acid to make 80 quarts.....WOW! If I sell it for 7 dollars a bottle
thats a whopping 560 dollars...another big WOW! Lets see...subtract
shipping, labels, bottles...let's say abot 2.00 or so per
shipment...that leaves me with only 450 dollars....

Yep...you guys are right...it makes much more sense to buy it from
Bill. Too bad I've wore out my welcome with Bill. I'll never be able
to buy from him!

ianto

Jul 5, 2004, 11:29:35 PM7/5/04

If you want to find out more about the remaining 20% visit this web
page:

http://www.oliveoilsource.com/olivechemistry.htm

maa...@panic.xx.tudelft.nl

Jul 6, 2004, 4:10:25 AM7/6/04
holenone <waltk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yep...you guys are right...it makes much more sense to buy it from
> Bill. Too bad I've wore out my welcome with Bill. I'll never be able
> to buy from him!

Which is, sorry for adding to the senseless off-topic discussion, not
exactly surprising from what I see. People in this group trolling
against him, etc. Just let Bill do his thing, he seems to enjoy doing
it, and I can imagine he is of real help to most of his customers. Maybe
I'll do the same thing after I have retired, who knows. In some 40 years
I will know, anyway.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.

holenone

Jul 6, 2004, 4:57:37 AM7/6/04
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:10:25 +0000 (UTC), maa...@panic.xx.tudelft.nl
wrote:

Actually...it's very OT.

maa...@panic.xx.tudelft.nl

Jul 6, 2004, 5:17:59 AM7/6/04
holenone <waltk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Actually...it's very OT.

I just added to the senseless discussion, and stated so. I'll not feed
the trolls any further.

John H. Smith

Jul 6, 2004, 10:47:03 AM7/6/04
>Subject: Re: LESS COST
>From: maa...@panic.xx.tudelft.nl
>Date: 7/6/2004 3:10 AM Central Daylight Time

I think you'd rather be reading labels and making useful products than spending
all your time dreaming up "witty" sock puppet names to register at Yahoo &
Hotmail. Even I don't have that much free time.
Neutrodyne

holenone

Jul 6, 2004, 11:36:57 AM7/6/04

Maybe you have the wrong job!

BH

Jul 6, 2004, 1:13:40 PM7/6/04
little vino wrote:

> Buy it from Bill if you want....it's your money!

So what's your problem?

Peter Wieck

Jul 6, 2004, 2:20:01 PM7/6/04
>o what's your problem?

Life.

BH

Jul 6, 2004, 1:22:12 PM7/6/04
little vino wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:37:01 -0500, dial...@webtv.net (Bill Turner)
> wrote:
>

>>DeoxiT IS 5% OLEIC ACID, I SELL YOU THE OLEIC ACID, YOU ADD 1 QT. NAPTHA
>>(LIGHTER FLUID OR COLEMAN FUEL) AND YOU HAVE QT. OF DeoxiT. SEE MY
>>WEBSITE.

>>CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
>>Bill Turner, excuse caps, short answers, stroke.
>>Business SASE, each order a copy of The Pocket Resource Guide.
>>

> Or you can go here and get it for 13.89 a gallon!!!!
>
> http://www.chemistrystore.com/Oleic_Acid.htm

I have a 5.5 ounce can that I have been using for the last three years
and will probably last at least that much longer. After you purchasse
your gallon what are you going to do with the other 123 ounces you will
probably never use?

BH

Jul 6, 2004, 1:27:35 PM7/6/04
whackamole wrote:

> It's not that fact that turner is ripping off anyone. It's the fact
> that you don't have to deal with the guy if you don't want to.

Who ever said otherwise?

holenone

Jul 6, 2004, 2:33:21 PM7/6/04
On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:22:12 -0600, BH <radio...@xxgbronline.com>
wrote:

sell it on ebay!!!!

holenone

Jul 6, 2004, 2:34:53 PM7/6/04
On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:13:40 -0600, BH <radio...@xxgbronline.com>
wrote:

>little vino wrote:
>

>> Buy it from Bill if you want....it's your money!
>
>So what's your problem?

I just pointed out a cheaper way than Bill...that's all

It's amazing how much response it got....hahaha

holenone

Jul 6, 2004, 2:36:19 PM7/6/04

You have life issues Peter? What's wrong?

BH

Jul 6, 2004, 1:33:34 PM7/6/04
holenone (aks tracy fart) wrote:

> There is no haz mat fee. Why don't you ask Bill? I'm sure he buys it
> by the gallon so that he can pass the big savings to clueless people
> buying it in the 1.6 oz bottle for 7 dollars. He would be the one to
> ask about a hazmat fee. Let's see...for 25 dollars I get enough oleic
> acid to make 80 quarts.....WOW! If I sell it for 7 dollars a bottle
> thats a whopping 560 dollars...another big WOW! Lets see...subtract
> shipping, labels, bottles...let's say abot 2.00 or so per
> shipment...that leaves me with only 450 dollars....

Then have at it, buy a gallon, mix it up and see how much you can sell.

holenone

Jul 6, 2004, 2:42:04 PM7/6/04
On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:33:34 -0600, BH <radio...@xxgbronline.com>
wrote:

great...thanks for your approval...

S-

Jul 6, 2004, 3:04:32 PM7/6/04
"Peter Wieck" a écrit dans le message

> >o what's your problem?
>
> Life.

LOL!

Syl

no_spam_here

Jul 6, 2004, 9:11:32 PM7/6/04
holenone <waltk...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ajsle05gnmv4ck2v5...@4ax.com>...

Why don't you buy a gallon and give Mr. Turner some compitition? See
if you can buy the product and smaller containers and don't forget to
include postage. See what you can sell it for.

Eddie Brimer

Jul 6, 2004, 10:35:15 PM7/6/04
>>o what's your problem?
Life.

reminds me of the scene from "tombstone" where doc is lying the in bed and
wyatt asks doc why johnny ringo is so "angry inside"(to paraphrase). doc
replies.."for being born." seems to fit some of the individuals who hang
around just to be "angry."

Eddie Brimer
2480 S. Beersheba Rd.
Sharon SC, 29742

visit my web page "THIS OLD RADIO"
http://members.aol.com/EB062559/THISOLDRADIOINDEX.html

Mark

Jul 13, 2004, 9:12:40 PM7/13/04
CAIG Laboratories takes exception to the various claims made on Bill
Turner's Components & Restoration Materials, concerning a home made
product that rivals DeoxIT.

The implication is that this product at $8.00 a gallon, contains
identical ingredients with the same level of efficacy and performance
as DeoxIT. Since DeoxIT contains seven to ten different ingredients,
this claim is completely misleading.

Concerning a reference to oleic acid being listed on the Cramolin
label, the Cramolin formulation is over fifty years old, and as such,
it is highly unlikely that the makers of this product would be foolish
enough to give their secret formula away by listing a secret
ingredient on their label. If that were the case, we would have over
fifty companies simultaneously producing Coca Cola, for example.

CAIG is committed to insuring product compatibility and performance.
To accomplish this, we invest considerable resources and time working
with numerous industries to make sure that our products are compatible
with different materials and perform exactly as promised.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings and clarifies that the
product sold by Mr. Turner is not in any way shape or form our DeoxIT,
ProGold or PreservIT. Our products are available in pens wipes and
sprays in many easy to use non-flammable versions no highly flammable
lighter fluid available). We encourage you to visit www.caig.com and
see the vast array of genuine CAIG products.

Regards,
CAIG Laboratories, Inc.

maa...@panic.xx.tudelft.nl

Jul 14, 2004, 7:33:01 AM7/14/04
Mark <te...@caig.com> wrote:
> identical ingredients with the same level of efficacy and performance
> as DeoxIT. Since DeoxIT contains seven to ten different ingredients,
> this claim is completely misleading.

7 to 10, trying to keep your formula secret, or are you from the
marketing department ;) ?

Alan Douglas

Jul 14, 2004, 5:54:23 PM7/14/04

>Concerning a reference to oleic acid being listed on the Cramolin
>label, the Cramolin formulation is over fifty years old,

Seventy. I once found a European trademark registration from about
1931, for a treatment for motor commutators, called Gramolin then.
The name probably derived from "Gramme" (the inventor of the
commutator) and "olein" (derivatives of oleic acid). There's no
particular reason to think there were additional ingredients in the
original formula.

73, Alan

Peter Wieck

Jul 15, 2004, 3:15:49 AM7/15/04
> the Cramolin formulation is over fifty years old, and as such,
>it is highly unlikely that the makers of this product would be foolish
>enough to give their secret formula away by listing a secret
>ingredient on their label. If that were the case, we would have over
>fifty companies simultaneously producing Coca Cola, for example.

SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) requires that all ingredients be
listed, and in order of proportion, same as with Coca-Cola in the US, OR by
percentage-of-each... please take the time to read Coke's label before shooting
off your fingers (equivalent of mouth in this venue). For items distributed
here in Saudi, that usually consists of a small paper stick-on label. For the
Cramolin product distributed here, the list is:

Oleic Acid: 5%
Other volatile hydrocarbons and hydrocarbon and/or CO2 propellants: 95%

Now, "Naptha" could consist of pentane, iso-pentane, even some hexane.
Depending on how the iso-pentane is "called" that could be up to three
*different* ingredients. There might be a few longer-chain molecules as well.
Hydrocarbon propellants could consist of propane, or butane.

But just superficially:

1. Oleic Acid
2. Pentane
3. Hexane
4. Propane
5. Butane
6. CO2
7. Isopentane

About covers it.

Note that anyone with access to a gas chromatograph could determine pretty
closely *exactly* what is in your product. It ain't nohow any secret. About the
only question is around the fine edges of proportion.

Sorry, but to paraphrase Shakespeare: Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

lefty

Jul 15, 2004, 8:28:58 AM7/15/04

Gosh Peter....you are so lucky to live in the armpit of the world!

Peter Wieck

Jul 16, 2004, 4:33:04 AM7/16/04
>Gosh Peter....you are so lucky to live in the armpit of the world!

And I always thought that was Bayonne, NJ?

In any case, I am not so sure how to take such a sentiment from someone who has
likely not travelled more than 200 miles from the place of his birth, and
speaks but one language... badly.

Bill Turner

Jul 16, 2004, 7:51:59 AM7/16/04
I NOTE THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO CORRECTION TO THE STATEMENT CONCERNING THE
NAME OR PRICE QUOTED.

lefty

Jul 16, 2004, 9:04:39 AM7/16/04

Haha...yep...helped drop bombs on those crap countries...too bad Saudi
wasn't included.