Re: Trying to build rdflib on Windows

Message has been deleted

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes

May 12, 2010, 3:30:31 AM5/12/10
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
Iain,

The windows build was always problematic. That's why the C sparql
parser was swapped for a pure python one later.
Unfortunately the pure python parser was never 100% polished, and was
never released. (Question for everyone else, did we make a svn tag for
this state?)

Meanwhile we have moved sparql out of the core, and cleaned it up a
lot. If you checkout svn head you will find a leaner and pure python
rdflib, BUT without sparql support.
This has been moved to the http://code.google.com/p/rdfextras/ project
- although I am unsure how easy it is to integrate it ATM.

Sorry for the messy state of things - we are working hard (i.e.
talking about it a lot) on releasing a 3.0, then starting to clean up
rdfextras.

- Gunnar

On 8 May 2010 18:51, iainemsley <iaine...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install rdflib on Windows Vista, using python2.6.
> I've used the easy_install rdflib to download version 2.4.2 but this
> fails when it tries to build the sparqlparser with the error:
> building 'rdflib.sparql.bison.SPARQLParserc' extension
> c:\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -Ic:\python26\include
> -Ic:\python26\PC -c src/bison/SPARQLParser.c -o build
> \temp.win32-2.6\Release\src/bison/SPARQLParser.o
> gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
>
> Trying the gcc command from within cygwin (with changes to the paths
> from the Windows ones to /cygdrive/c/) failed with a Runtime time
> error relating to closing the application
>
> Looking up the wiki and setuponwindows, I cleared the directory where
> rdflib was and checked out the svn code and ran python setup.py build
> and python setup.py install which appeared to install correctly. I ran
> the code from the introstore example but keep getting the response:
> File 'c:\\python26\\lib\\site-packages\\rdflib\\plugin.py', line 89 in
> get
>   raise Plugin Exception
> PluginException: No plugin registered for (MySQL, <class
> 'rdflib.store.Store'>)
> i've also tried
> import rdflib
> from rdflib.graph import ConjunctiveGraph as Graph
> from rdflib import plugin
> from rdflib.store import Store, NO_STORE, VALID_STORE
>
> store = plugin.get('IOMemory', Store)
>
> but get the same result, no plugin registered.
>
> I'd be grateful for any pointers as to how to solve this issue as I'm
> keen to use rdflib for a project.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help and time,
>
> Iain
>
> --

http://gromgull.net

iainemsley

May 12, 2010, 2:10:47 PM5/12/10
to rdflib-dev
Gunnar,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check out the rdfextras as well and have a
play around with that.

No worries about being messy, I realised that things were in a state
of flux.

If I have any queries, I'll come back.
All best,
Iain