ANNOUNCE: razor-qt 0.4.1

Petr Vanek

Feb 13, 2012, 8:34:44 AM2/13/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com, qtdeskt...@googlegroups.com
The Razor-qt team announces the release of Razor-qt 0.4.1.
The main change in the 0.4.x series is "The License Cleanup" - Razor-qt is licensed GPL2 as a whole package now (without any conflicting code parts which disallowed Razor-qt redistribution by most Linux distributions).

See the full changelog below.

About Razor

Razor-qt is an advanced, easy-to-use, and fast desktop environment based on Qt technologies. It has been tailored for users who value simplicity, speed, and an intuitive interface. Unlike most desktop environments, Razor-qt also works fine with weak machines.

New in Razor-qt 0.4.1

• New component: razor-policykit. A tool to integrate various policykit related tasks for razor session (run as different user etc.)
• new component: razor-power. A power management tool (end-user app).
• new component: razor-autosuspend. A tool to suspend/wake-up laptops on Lid events or power status events.

Overall changes

• License cleanup - conflicting parts have been rewritten from scratch
• XDG autostart and Razor-qt autostart feature improved
• New Ambiance theme. Thanks Jonian Guveli.
• many minor updates and improvements

Translations

• Czech. Thanks Pavel Fric.
• Slovak. Thanks helix84.
• Spanish. Thanks drencrom.
• Hungarian. Thanks Kristóf Kiszel.
• Chinese(simplified). Thanks librehat.
• German. Thanks Egon Ashrafinia.
• Italian. Thanks quiro91.
• Greek. Thanks iosifidis.

Panel

• panel can be horizontal or vertical now
• panel width and height can be configured
• clock: simple calendar implemented
• Hello World plugin for panel for potential new developers

Session

• Limit auto-repeat attempts when application crashes frequently

devil

Feb 13, 2012, 1:41:39 PM2/13/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com, qtdeskt...@googlegroups.com
I just updated http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=652745 to let them know, the license issues are settled and razor-qt is ready for debian.

regards
Ferdinand

Cristian Adam

Feb 13, 2012, 4:08:44 PM2/13/12
to Razor-qt
Congratulations for the new release!

I think it would be a good idea to subscribe to planetqt. Razor-qt
certainly fits the targeted audience :)

Cheers,
Cristian.

Petr Vanek

Feb 14, 2012, 2:49:58 PM2/14/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
I have a rss subscribed there. I'll do it today or tomorrow.

Lorenzo Quiroli

Feb 14, 2012, 3:39:47 PM2/14/12
to Razor-qt
great work. I'm gonna update and improve my italian translation at the
beginning of next mounth.
Cheers,
Lorenzo
Message has been deleted