Attachments.

Ez

Jun 29, 2012, 11:20:25 AM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
  • What is the best way to handle attachments in RavenDB?
  • A webpage has an upload pdf button in addition to other fields. All those fields go into one document in ravendb on save. If I want to attach a pdf document for each document, how can I do it?
  • Does it store just the path to the pdf file? or pdf file itself?
Are there any examples I can see that have accomplished this ..

Thanks for the information.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jun 29, 2012, 11:24:18 AM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Assuming you want to store the pdf file inside ravendb, you:

Put the attachment inside RavenDB.
You create a document that reference this attachment.

Ez

Jun 29, 2012, 11:45:44 AM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
How can I put the attachment inside RavenDB...

is there like a separate attachment tab/section in the studio I can access this from?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jun 29, 2012, 11:49:01 AM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
store.DatabaseCommands.PutAttachment()

There is no UI for attachments.

Ez

Jun 29, 2012, 12:24:10 PM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.. and can you please give me an example how i can reference such a document inside a document...

Ez

Jun 29, 2012, 12:25:04 PM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I mean "how I can reference the attachment from inside a document"

thank you

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jun 29, 2012, 12:54:18 PM6/29/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Use a property of type string that holds the attachment key