Embedded version in an ASP.Net hosted environment

Mosh

May 27, 2010, 9:13:57 PM5/27/10
to ravendb
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the embedded version in
an ASP.Net hosted environment ? Like for example discountasp.net

Cheers,
John

Ayende Rahien

May 28, 2010, 3:45:15 AM5/28/10
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Depending on what level of permissions they'll give you.
Currently Raven needs unmanaged code permission.

Jacob Madsen

May 28, 2010, 4:55:43 AM5/28/10
to ravendb
Can you say when/if the embedded version will be 100% managed?

Barry King

May 28, 2010, 5:09:54 AM5/28/10
to rav...@googlegroups.com
DiscountAsp I think allow FULL TRUST and that is the requirement I believe - I had similar issues with running Umbraco CMS as that requires that level of access.

Ayende Rahien

May 28, 2010, 5:12:54 AM5/28/10
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Not just yet, no

Jacob Madsen

May 28, 2010, 5:26:05 AM5/28/10
to ravendb
Can you say if it will be within 3 months, 6 months or within a year?

Ayende Rahien

May 28, 2010, 5:30:50 AM5/28/10
to rav...@googlegroups.com
3 months, very likely, 6 months, almost certain

Matt

May 28, 2010, 5:39:31 AM5/28/10
to ravendb
How will it be able to be fully managed?

Doesnt it rely on Esent/Managed Esent which basically wraps a native
library or is that trusted?

Ayende Rahien

May 28, 2010, 6:40:02 AM5/28/10
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we are working on a storage mechanism that doesn't rely on Esent.