FSharp client - removed from core

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 20, 2012, 2:15:32 PM10/20/12
to ravendb
Hi guys,
I have removed the F# client from RavenDB core.
The reason for that is simple, we don't have any expertise in F#, and any time that we hit a problem with that, it becomes very hard to resolve.
I would love to continue having RavenDB F# client, but that would have to be maintained in a contrib fashion.

Chris Marisic

Oct 22, 2012, 9:24:13 AM10/22/12
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Always better to be upfront than provide software that's a broken promise.

Colin

Feb 20, 2013, 1:48:13 PM2/20/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

The client isn't really needed in F# 3 as this introduces full support for query expressions.

so a linq query would be something like

use session = DocStore.OpenSession()

query {
     for post in session.Query<Post>
     where post.Date > DateTime.Now
     select post
}

A bit late I realised but just thought I would add it to this post for completeness.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 20, 2013, 11:59:20 PM2/20/13
to ravendb
Awesome