Not raising missing translations exception

Jimmy Stenke

Nov 26, 2009, 8:25:50 AM11/26/09
to rails-i18n
Hi,

I am using Globalize2 in some projects, and recently noticed that I
don't get any notices that there are missing translations (no text
show up, and no entry in the missing translations log).
I suspect that it is these lines in the static.rb file that is to blame:

translation(result, attrs)
# translation(result, attrs) ||
raise(I18n::MissingTranslationData.new(locale, key, options))

Now I wonder if there is a reason for this, and if there is another
way that is more preferred or if it was just something that was
overlooked? (also, if I change it back, will there be something else
that will break that is depending on this new behaviour)

Regards,
Jimmy