Radiant & Bundler in 1 Step

Jeff Casimir

Oct 28, 2010, 9:17:46 PM10/28/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
Nerds,

I spent a long time wrestling with this, so I wanted to share.

If anyone out there wants to use Bundler for their Radiant 0.9.1
instance, just replace your boot.rb with the following:

http://gist.github.com/652682

Then create a Gemfile, here's mine:

http://gist.github.com/652681

I'd love to hear if it does or doesn't work for you. Keep in mind
that upgrading Radiant in the future will likely blow away this
boot.rb.

- Jeff

---
Jeff Casimir
Jumpstart Lab by Casimir Creative, LLC
http://jumpstartlab.com
@jumpstartlab on twitter

Dirk Kelly

Oct 28, 2010, 9:25:35 PM10/28/10
to radiant...@googlegroups.com
I just create a preinitializer.rb file.

Then I don't have to overwrite the boot.rb

begin
require "rubygems"
require "bundler"
rescue LoadError
raise "Could not load the bundler gem. Install it with `gem install bundler`."
end

if Gem::Version.new(Bundler::VERSION) <= Gem::Version.new("0.9.24")
raise RuntimeError, "Your bundler version is too old for Rails 2.3." +
"Run `gem install bundler` to upgrade."
end

begin
# Set up load paths for all bundled gems
ENV["BUNDLE_GEMFILE"] = File.expand_path("../../Gemfile", __FILE__)
Bundler.setup
rescue Bundler::GemNotFound
raise RuntimeError, "Bundler couldn't find some gems." +
"Did you run `bundle install`?"
end

Cheers,
:Dirk