[racket] [ANN] "Portable" Racket Package

Thomas Chust

May 14, 2011, 8:06:35 AM5/14/11
to us...@racket-lang.org
Hello,

recently I had to work from different Windows machines carrying my
data and programs around on a USB drive. Of course I couldn't live
without a decent programming language available, so I put together a
"portable" package of Racket, where "portable" means that the whole
installation folder can be moved around arbitrarily and all settings
are stored inside that folder along with the application itself.

In case you find such a thing useful, you can find the package
template and a ready-made installer for Win32 systems at

http://bitbucket.org/chust/racket-portable/

Ciao,
Thomas

Grant Rettke

May 15, 2011, 6:32:34 PM5/15/11
to Thomas Chust, us...@racket-lang.org
Nice, thanks.

--
http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE

Neil Van Dyke

May 15, 2011, 10:17:06 PM5/15/11
to us...@racket-lang.org
One could also make a *bootable* Racket workstation distro, and put it
on a Swiss Army pocketknife. :)

http://lildeb.org/