Quartz.NET 2.0 Released

Marko Lahma

Apr 9, 2012, 3:51:41 PM4/9/12
to Quartz. NET
From the website: http://www.quartz-scheduler.net/

Quartz.NET 2.0 introduces a new more interfaced based model of
operating with the API, lots of performance improvements and bug fixes
to issues found in 1.0.x line.

BREAKING CHANGES

* .NET 1.1 and 2.0 support is dropped
* Quartz.NET now needs .NET version 3.5 SP1 or later to run due to use
of new language features and classes
* Many public interface methods have changed from returning arrays to
generic IList or ISet interfaces
* TriggerBuilder implementations and JobBuilder should now be used to
create different job and trigger definitions
* Introduced IJobDetail, IContrigger, ISimpleTrigger,
ICalendarIntervalTrigger have far less members and especially mutators
* When C5 collections were introduced as set-based implementation
provider, ISet and ISortedSet interfaces were narrowed (IList
inheritance removed)
* string triggerName, string triggerGroup are now encapsulated in
TriggerKey (has the same fields)
* string jobName, string jobGroup are now encapsulated in JobKey (has
the same fields)
* JobInitializationPlugin is now deprecated in favor of
XMLSchedulingDataProcessorPlugin, JobInitializationPlugin no longer
included
* Microsoft's Oracle drivers are no longer supported, use 10g or 11g
ODP.NET drivers
* Database schema has changed, you need to convert your 1.x schema to
new version, sample migration script available in database folder

OTHER NOTABLE CHANGES

* XMLSchedulingDataProcessorPlugin uses new XML format that allows
more control over triggers but no support for calendars
* There are extension methods for the new trigger builder that allow
you to set trigger specifics
* Client Profile is now supported and there are now separate DLLs for
client profile
* PropertySettingJobFactory is now the default JobFactory

Please see the change log for complete list of changes:
https://github.com/quartznet/quartznet/blob/master/changelog.txt

Quartz.NET is also available as NuGet package. You can install it with
command: Install-Package Quartz

This version corresponds to Java Quartz's version 2.1.

Big thanks to Quartz.NET community that has sumbitted pull requests,
patches, bug reports and for being so active and making the 2.0
release possible!

Cheers,
Marko Lahma
Quartz.NET Project Lead

Tanzy

Apr 11, 2012, 6:20:17 AM4/11/12
to quar...@googlegroups.com
I believe that there is an issue with the Nuget release package. If I upgrade a client application with the latest release (2.0), updating from 2.0-pre) I have no problem. However, if I update my web application with the latest Nuget package I get the following error

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

However, if I build the latest version from source an update all my projects with the version that I built I don't get the above error.

I know that Quartz.net does not use ILMerge however, I found the following

It almost looks like the issue is because it has been build on a machine that has .Net 4.5 beta installed. I do not have this installed.

Tanzy

Marko Lahma

Apr 11, 2012, 12:05:11 PM4/11/12
to quar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting this, I've been in contact with NuGet team and
trying to get the package replaced (it isn't so easy as you would you
think) with one that is build on machine without VS2011. The
SourceForge zip has already been updated if you want to give it a go.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Marko

Tanzy

Apr 11, 2012, 5:29:55 PM4/11/12
to quar...@googlegroups.com
No worries , I'll try to check the new version out when I get to work tomorrow. As I say I can't be 100% sure this was the issue but the latest version in GitHub worked when I compiled it.

Tanzy