[Maya-Python] Maya 2011, PyQt and Snow leopard

Jimmy Caron

Apr 25, 2010, 12:02:59 PM4/25/10
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

Is there somebody who has succeeds in installing PyQt on snow leopard for maya2011.

I read the pdf document for install PyQt on maya.

I install Qt4.5.3

The sip install work well, but my problem is in the pyqt side..

The paths for Qt on my machine is not good in the document, so i try to relink the good path for each step. I don't know if my relink path is good...

here is my workflow

# pyqt install

export QTDIR=/usr/local/Qt4.5

export PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH

export QMAKESPEC=/usr/local/Qt4.5/mkspecs/macx-g++

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib

/Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/bin/mayapy configure.py LIBDIR_QT=/usr/lib LIBDIR_QT=/usr/include  MOC=/usr/bin/moc -w --no-designer-plugin

make -j8

make install

If anybody can help me

Thanks

--
http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya

Chad Dombrova

Apr 28, 2010, 8:53:33 PM4/28/10
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
the instructions assume that you have compiled Qt yourself.

try this to compiled Qt on osx:

tar -zxvf qt-mac-opensource-src-4.5.3.tar.gz
cd qt-mac-opensource-src-4.5.3
make confclean
./configure -cocoa -arch x86_64 -debug-and-release -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-qt3support -no-webkit -nomake docs -nomake examples -nomake demos -nomake translations -no-rpath -no-framework
# Use -j <number of cores>
make -j8
sudo make install
# Installs Qt into /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3

--
http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya

Jimmy Caron

Apr 29, 2010, 7:20:12 PM4/29/10
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Chad, that's work!!. I thought that the installation of the binary package was sufficient. Thanks again!!!
--
http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya

Chad Dombrova

Apr 29, 2010, 7:29:11 PM4/29/10
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
you're not the first person to get confused by this.  originally the instructions in that pdf had the info i just sent you. not sure why it was nixed.
--
http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya