Re: Issue 65 in python-twitter: Enhancement: Please add support for Twitter oAuth

python-...@googlecode.com

Apr 25, 2010, 2:23:34 AM4/25/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 65 by kseistrup: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

The Twitter API groups has announced countdown to OAuth / basic auth
removal /
OAuthcalypse:

· http://j.mp/9GQjSk

9 weeks and 3 days to go…

python-...@googlecode.com

Apr 28, 2010, 7:27:03 PM4/28/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 65 by netcrusher88: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

oauth-python-twitter has a couple of standing bugs, most of which are fixed
by
patches submitted by commenters in the issue tracker, but the developer
seems to be
MIA since last November. It should be possible to simply merge most of the
code into
python-twitter and fix it (if further fixes are required), it's the same
license and
it subclasses Api rather than overwriting anything.

python-...@googlecode.com

Apr 28, 2010, 7:33:16 PM4/28/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 65 by dclinton: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Hi all,

Since I haven't been making changes to python-twitter in a long while, but
I *fully*
understand how important it is to get the oauth code in ASAP, I'm more than
happy to
add more committers to the project to help get things done (and get myself
out of the
way as a bottleneck).

Let's do this, and let's do this quickly.

bear

Apr 28, 2010, 7:49:09 PM4/28/10
to python-...@googlegroups.com
I have also failed to live up to the task that I gave myself when I
tried to become that committer...

apologies for the delay in responding - starting my new job at Mozilla
has really taking up my slack time.

Let me know if me doing the merging will be faster
--
Bear

be...@xmpp.org (email)
bea...@gmail.com (xmpp, email)
be...@code-bear.com (xmpp, email)
http://code-bear.com/bearlog (weblog)

PGP Fingerprint = 9996 719F 973D B11B E111 D770 9331 E822 40B3 CD29

python-...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2010, 12:07:42 PM6/3/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 65 by pankajn17: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

When can we expect the oauth support ?

python-...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2010, 12:15:02 PM6/3/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #11 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

I have the oauth code being debugged in my local repo and it's the top task
for my "personal projects" todo list.

I'm expecting to have code ready to push to the trunk by this weekend so
folks will have plenty of time to give
feedback.

python-...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2010, 12:20:21 PM6/3/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #12 on issue 65 by nicdumz: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

you were faster than me :)

If you need help polishing your patches, I'm willing to give you a hand.

python-...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2010, 1:12:54 PM6/3/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #13 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Totally will be asking for help :) This stuff is complicated even for
those who wrote the spec!

I'm also pulling code from existing working examples on GitHub and from my
own code - that's how it's
happening faster. Also hoping that will prevent any silly mistakes.

python-...@googlecode.com

Jun 17, 2010, 12:28:21 PM6/17/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #14 on issue 65 by pankajn17: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

still waiting, can you please give an idea.. about the release of new
version

python-...@googlecode.com

Jul 26, 2010, 1:37:33 PM7/26/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #15 on issue 65 by lavaramano: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Any news about this?
Please note that this module is currently unusable since twitter requires
oauth to login.

python-...@googlecode.com

Jul 30, 2010, 2:11:19 PM7/30/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #16 on issue 65 by mindboosternoori: Enhancement: Please add

Actually, it will only require it at August 16, 2010.

Peter Sanchez

Aug 2, 2010, 10:26:00 PM8/2/10
to python-twitter
The 16th is approaching quickly and we still haven't had time to test
the new module. Any updates on this?

Thanks for your hard work!

Peter

On Jul 30, 11:11 am, python-twit...@googlecode.com wrote:
> Comment #16 on issue 65 by mindboosternoori: Enhancement: Please add
> support for Twitter oAuthhttp://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

python-...@googlecode.com

Aug 11, 2010, 4:15:04 PM8/11/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #17 on issue 65 by walter.php: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

5 days and counting...

python-...@googlecode.com

Aug 18, 2010, 3:34:26 AM8/18/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #18 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Twitter has pushed the deadline out (again!) to Aug 31

I added oAuth support in revision ffaa9d3e29 but really it wasn't working
until revision 6addda7ca7

Please test and file new bugs for any oAuth items found

python-...@googlecode.com

Aug 19, 2010, 11:57:30 PM8/19/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #19 on issue 65 by lavaramano: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Great, I'll take a look.
Thanks for your work

python-...@googlecode.com

Aug 21, 2010, 12:47:21 PM8/21/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #20 on issue 65 by crnelson: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Seems to be working for GET requests, but I'm getting 401s on many POST
requests. Don't want to post my keys and tokens here but happy to share
over email if it'll help.

python-...@googlecode.com

Aug 21, 2010, 1:48:26 PM8/21/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #21 on issue 65 by crnelson: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Revising my previous comment, this seems to work fine, but I needed to use
this version of oauth libs:

http://github.com/simplegeo/python-oauth2

Rather than the one specified in the docs. The one in the docs incorrectly
encodes spaces to + instead of %20 which screws up the authorization.

bear

Aug 21, 2010, 2:25:27 PM8/21/10
to python-...@googlegroups.com

oh wow - good catch! I'll update the docs and notes and such tonight.

thanks!

Paul

Sep 1, 2010, 5:00:29 AM9/1/10
to python-twitter
Hello guys,

It's great to see you're on top of this thing, in the first place.
Myself I'm completely new to pretty much everything but I've been
working my way through an ubuntu vps and python for the last few
weeks. It seems Twitter now only allows logins through oauth (at least
I get a 401 otherwise?), but I cannot get http://python-twitter.googlecode.com/hg/doc/twitter.html
working. I assume this is because either this document is old or I
have the wrong version of the code. Could you tell me where to find
the right stuff or when a release will be ready? Thanks!

Paul

On 21 aug, 20:25, bear <bea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 13:48,  <python-twit...@googlecode.com> wrote:
>
> > Comment #21 on issue 65 by crnelson: Enhancement: Please add support for
> > Twitter oAuth
> >http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65
>
> > Revising my previous comment, this seems to work fine, but I needed to use
> > this version of oauth libs:
>
> >http://github.com/simplegeo/python-oauth2
>
> > Rather than the one specified in the docs.  The one in the docs incorrectly
> > encodes spaces to + instead of %20 which screws up the authorization.
>
> oh wow - good catch!  I'll update the docs and notes and such tonight.
>
> thanks!
>

> > --
>
> --
> Bear
>
> b...@xmpp.org (email)
> bea...@gmail.com (xmpp, email)
> b...@code-bear.com (xmpp, email)http://code-bear.com/bearlog(weblog)

bear

Sep 1, 2010, 8:54:07 AM9/1/10
to python-twitter
Hi,

I'm am working on a release tarball now but have not finished it yet
so your best bet would be to pull from the source tree the default
tip.

That will get you the latest and also a small script that explains how
to get your oAuth keys setup.

On Sep 1, 5:00 am, Paul <paul.sal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> It's great to see you're on top of this thing, in the first place.
> Myself I'm completely new to pretty much everything but I've been
> working my way through an ubuntu vps and python for the last few
> weeks. It seems Twitter now only allows logins through oauth (at least
> I get a 401 otherwise?), but I cannot gethttp://python-twitter.googlecode.com/hg/doc/twitter.html

Colin Howe

Sep 1, 2010, 11:16:46 AM9/1/10
to python-twitter
This worked for me :)

python-...@googlecode.com

Sep 1, 2010, 11:47:20 AM9/1/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #22 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Issue 155 has been merged into this issue.

python-...@googlecode.com

Sep 15, 2010, 11:33:00 PM9/15/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #23 on issue 65 by erogai...@web.de: Enhancement: Please add

After understanding the only in sourcecode documented change in
username/password/access_token* I also got it running with latest version.

to get rid of debug output I needed to change in twitter.py:

http_handler = self._urllib.HTTPHandler(debuglevel=1)
https_handler = self._urllib.HTTPSHandler(debuglevel=1)

http_handler = self._urllib.HTTPHandler(debuglevel=0)
https_handler = self._urllib.HTTPSHandler(debuglevel=0)

python-...@googlecode.com

Oct 8, 2010, 2:14:29 PM10/8/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #24 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Issue 170 has been merged into this issue.

python-...@googlecode.com

Dec 8, 2010, 8:03:55 AM12/8/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #25 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Issue 177 has been merged into this issue.

python-...@googlecode.com

Dec 8, 2010, 8:12:13 AM12/8/10
to python-twi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #26 on issue 65 by bear42: Enhancement: Please add support for
Twitter oAuth
http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=65

Issue 178 has been merged into this issue.